Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2007

Rachel i don't co-sleep as the stupid dog gets in to bed with us.

I finally got a good nights sleep Eleanor woke at 4.30am took 80mls of milk and went straight back to sleep. She did take from 4pm till 9.15pm to get to sleep last night and she took heaps of milk in that time. I don't mind her doing that if she's going to sleep all night.

How is everyone else doing ?

Glad you got a bit of shut eye Michelle and nice that your Dads here too.

Orlanda has occasionally slept for 6 hours but usually around 4 at a time, nights usually end up with her in beside me. I try to go to bed when she does so i can get as much sleep as poss.

Its Indies birthday party tomorrow, he'll be 3 on tuesday, so we will have a house full of people tomorrow afternoon. John has taken the big 2 to see walking with dinosaurs tonight so i'm waiting up for them to come back and tell me all about it. we are also trying to sell a house just now too, first home open tomorrow so things have been pretty full on. My only grumble is that i don't feel part of the family, we never do anything together, John is great he helps so much but sometimes i feel like he thinks i should just be with Orlanda and he has to do everything with the boys, i havent even had a chance to sit in the spa for 10 mins with them. plus once everyone is in bed and i'm feeding missy constantly for 3 hours before she goes to sleep he just goes off and watches a dvd, no chance of any conversation there.

Sorry, just having a moan.

I hope the good nights continue for you.

Taz

Taz how was the birthday party ? Where are you thinking of moving to ?
    How are you feeling today ?

Nikki how are you ?

Rachel hope you are stil having fun with your mum.

We are all doing well. Eleanor is still sick after some feeds and is sleeping a little better at night. She seems to take at least 2-3bottles of milk over 3 hours and then sleeps for about 6.

hi michelle,im going well,we had a bad night last night,hopefully it doesnt continue,glad eleanor is improving,keep up the good work.
    nikki

Nikki hugs to you, i hope tonight is a better night for you.

the party was good thanks michelle. orlanda had a good sleep during it which was good. the jury is out on where we are moving to, we're looking to build but land is a problem, i'd quite like to go up to yanchep or two rocks.

how are you going with your hab? i ordered one today, i already have 2 slings but they don't seem a patch on a hab, i love the idea of being able to wear her all the time and have both hands free to deal with indie. Its his birthday tomorrow so i've just been getting his pressies ready.

How's everyones sleeping going? i feel about as tired as i have since she was born today, but its been a stressful day so maybe it's just all catching up with me, i feel a bit bubbly actually, i was reading in my tv guide about sky's baby having cancer and promptly burst into tears, i guess i need some sleep.

We have our 6 week check up at the docs tomorrow, i can hardly wait (not).

Hope you are all getiing loads of smiles and cuddles.

Taz

Taz i love the pictures of Orlanda. Glad the party went well. Happy birthday Indie.
    I'm going okay with my HAB only used it for a few times. Some things i can't do with it on like reach my sink as i am so short and she gets in the way.

Eleanor is waking twice a night and i can cope with that. Had her 6wks check today and all is well she is just under 4kilos.

oooooo.i get my HAB tomorrow,cant wait,will make things much easier i hope.
    nikki

Nicole have you got your HAB yet? or are you all tied up in it and can't get your arms out to type I wish mine would come soon, i hope its going to be like an extra pair of arms so i can do things again, hopefully i can have a free hand for Indie again.

Orlanda has been really unsettled today, like she couldn't get comfy, she didn;t have a dirty nappy yesterday so i guess she's a bit uncomfy in the tummy department, i'll stand well back when she does decide to "go".

Glad you like the pics, i wish i could get some time to do the site properly but its such a pain to do one handed.

Taz

i got it and i love it and so does harry.woohoo!!!!
    nikki

Nicole thats great, is it as hard to put on as it looks, i have visions of drunked toga parties in the med when i was young...... i could never manage to fashion a toga out of a bed sheet, well not one that covered what it should and didn't fall off I hope life gets easier for you now.

Talking of flashing your butt when you shouldn't..... little missy moo had a narrow escape ths morning, i was at a play place with a friend and had just finished feeding her (orlanda not my friend) she was still cradled in my arms and i went to stand up to rescue Indie from somewhere, my trousers had a bit atthe back with a buckle sort of thing (served no purpose) and it had come undone, the buckle had slipped through the bottom of the plastic seat i was on and when i tried to stand up i ended up tipping the chair over and sat in a heap on the ground, Orlanda still in my arms, a close shave. It was only later i discovered that my trousers had ripped and my rather large butt was hanging out lucky it was a quiet day, but it gave us something to about.

Taz

proud_mum2b Guest

hi all

well my lil man weighs 6.3 kgs already. and we are trying controlled sleeping the first cpl of nights and days were hard but now he just dozes of in his one bed couple of mins after being put down. he has an umbilical hernia as well.

Taz you make me laugh. Hope no one saw the hole in your trousers.

proud_mum2b wow Nicholas is doign well. What will they do about his umbilical hernia ?

Nikki how are you and Harry doing ?

Rachel are you well ?

I've had a couple of bad nights with Eleanor it's been taking up to 3 hours to get her back to sleep at night. Last night wasn't too bad she woke every 3 hours for her bottle and went back to sleep okay. I brought the new fisher price light thing for the side of the cot so she goes to sleep with that playing the music lasts 18mins so that helps.

Michelle thats a bummer, you can cope if you can get some sleep but doing without isn't good.

I had a few bad nights last week, mostly my own fault, i was so tired i fell asleep feeding her or took her in beside me which meant i couldn't get a decent sleep, but..... god i hate to tempt fate.... i got my hab on friday and since then she has slept for 3 hours in it (like a little joey!) in the morning and then been awake most of the day and fallen asleep at 9......... for 8 hours

I dont sleep that long of course as ihave boobs like cannon balls, but the more she does it the more i'll adjust, so fingers crossed she likes this routine, although it will be knocked on its head today as i'm playing ten pin bowling this morning and i really don't think i can do that with her in her hab, so the rest of the players will just have to play pass the baby while i have my turn.

I hope no news is good news from everyone else!!
    Taz

im doing well michelle.
    proud mum to be.my first son had an umbilicul granuloma.dont know if that is the same thing,but they put him under anesthatic and removed it,was a very minor operation.
    wow on the weight gain,that is great,harry is about 3 kilos now.
    nikki

Hi everyone, sorry i've been MIA. Mum left on Friday and we're all very sad We did our first school run today without my Mum helping and it all went fine!
    Georgia is a little horror during the day. Yesterday she slept for about an hour in the morning, half an hour in the afternoon and then was up till 9:00! She slept then till 4:15 and woke at 7 which was good but I need some time during the day aaagghhhhh!! I can't get anything done. I have just put her in her cot downstairs and she has cried herself to sleep. I feel bad but there is NOTHING wrong with her, as soon as I pick her up the screaming stops and she smiles at me Grrrrr.

We've got our 6 week check up on Wednesday (late, I know!) so i'll let you all know weight etc, the amount she eats I would be surprised if she hasn't put on at leasst 2 kilos.

Hope everyone else is really well xxx

proud_mum2b Guest

hey ladies

last night was a scary night nicholas had vomit stuck which caused him pain so we run a bath and put him on his tummy (brother in laws advice) and well he swallowed some bedtime bath and cried so loud for other an hour. it finally came out.

about his hernia they are just going to monitor it if it causes him discomfort then they will do something.

nicholas is waking up twice during the night (between 2 - 3 and 5-6).

rachel - have u tried wrapping her putting a dummy in her mouth and putting her to bed. then checking on her every 10 mins tell her she is ok until she doses off. i know its hard but it honestly works. it took me a week and now nicholas realises once his wrapped and dummy in its time to go to sleep.

That's what I have had to do now. The night before last I was putting the other two to bed and she was downstairs in the porta-cot screaming and by the time I came down she had stopped and was fast asleep. I give her the dummy but only whan i'm cuddling her as she can't keep it in. It just pops out so if I lie her down with it she'll keep it in for a minute then it will fall out and she screams even louder! What age do they grip it themselves? Does Nicholoas?

It does sound scary about last night, the poor little guy. It's so horrible when there's something wrong but you can't help them Georgia had her needles yesterday and boy was she ****ed!! SHe yelled so loudly! I gues that's healthy though

She now weighs 5390 and she is 59.5 cm long. The Dr said she is going to be very tall which I hope wasn't a nice way of saying very fat!!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast