Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2007

proud_mum2b Guest

rachel - nicholas has been griping it for 2 weeks now and he actually pulls his own dummy out now with his hands. he rolled fully as if he was on tummy time the other day but he hasnt done it since. but ive been told nicholas will develop quicker coz he is bigger and stronger than most babies. but who knows.

i cant believe how quick time has gone it seems like yesterday i was cuddling my lil man for the first time.

OMG I JUST got Georgia to sleep, it's 6pm and she has had 20 mins sleep since 6 this morning How is this possible? Does she not know she is only 8 weeks old???

ALso bloody DH, who has a bad back, got drunk laast night at a friends house and they went swimming in the display home around the corner! Anyway, they were messing about and he slipped and landed on his coxic (sp?) so we have had the Dr out ($180), he gave him a shot of morphine so he's been asleep ALL day.

Bloody MEN!!!

I now have DH away for 3-10days so it's just me and 3 little ones. Hoepfully i will be able to cope.
    Eleanor has been a little unsettled again i ended up putting her in a sleeping bag to sleep with last night and that seemed to have helped a little. She didn't go to bed until 9pm woke at 2am and then 5am. During the day i am finding it hard to do things as she hates to play on the floor.

hugs michelle,tis very frustrating isnt it,have you got someone to call on for a little help while dh is away.
    nikki

Eleanor slept a little better yesterday it still took a while to get her to sleep at night but once she was she did 5 hours. I changed her AR formula as well and was only a little sick with a couple of feeds and not every feed like she used to. The formula has given her really smelly wind and i keep having to check her nappy.

Nikki hopefully if DH isn't back by Friday my neighbour will take the older two for a play date with her little boy. Other than that i have no other help.

Oh Michelle I wish you were't so far away

Kimberly will be in Prep next year won't she? That will make life a bit easier. Roll on Jan!

At least you can think that it will only get easier now. She'll get older and be more content for longer periods of time (at least that's what I keep telling myself LOL).

Hey Michelle I hope you're not on your own for too long, i don't think i could cope for very long with out John. The woman in the next bed to me when Orlanda was born had her 2nd baby on the tuesday, i guess her older one was about 2 or3 and her husband was leaving on the sunday for 8 weeks, she didn't think it would be a problem and didn't think he would miss anything.

I eventually had O's 6 week check today (better latethan never) she has put on 5lbs and is now just under 12lbs (porker). she is still usually up twice a night with the occasional night where she sleeps for 8 hours but TBH i don;t expect anything else, none of my others have slept throught till close to a year, Indie was over a year, it's not really a problem, so long as i get plenty of smiles during the day i'm ok, she's certainly not a whingy bub.

On another note, we are trying to TT Indie just now..... thats stressful!!

Taz

taz,what is TT?
    nikki

Nikki

its toilet training, or as it should be known in our house wee ing all over the floor yesterday he was fine, today he hasn't been interested. The other 2 were no bother to train, he is making up for it

Taz good luck with toilet training Indie. I've only just started to think about training Alex he does love to sit on the potty but may try him on the toilet.
    Orlanda is doing so well. That's a good weight gain.

We have our 8wks appt with the CYN next week also we have the 2months neddles to do. I'm having Eleanor and Kimberley done at the same time as she needs her 4yrs one.
    Well i am so proud of myself i think i have done a wonderful job on my own. The kids are already for bed and now i am just waiting for bedtime then i can hopefully have a little me time. DH will be back home tomorrow night but it's been a long day with not having anyone to talk too.

Quote Originally Posted by *Michelle* View Post
    Taz good luck with toilet training Indie. I've only just started to think about training Alex he does love to sit on the potty but may try him on the toilet.
    Orlanda is doing so well. That's a good weight gain.

We have our 8wks appt with the CYN next week also we have the 2months neddles to do. I'm having Eleanor and Kimberley done at the same time as she needs her 4yrs one.
    Well i am so proud of myself i think i have done a wonderful job on my own. The kids are already for bed and now i am just waiting for bedtime then i can hopefully have a little me time. DH will be back home tomorrow night but it's been a long day with not having anyone to talk too.
    Michelle.... it'sonly 10past 5 I havent even thought about whats for tea yet Good for you,enjoy your me time and have some Taz time too cos i wont be getting any (me time that is).

O had her injections today too, i was really really really dreading it, in my minds eye i could see her little lip quiverring before she started screaming, in reality the nurse was one side, doc the other and they counted down 3,2,1 then both stabbed her with the needle at the same time, by the time she had taken a deep breath ready to scream the nurse had the bubbles out and the scream stopped as soon as it had started as she laughed at the bubbles. Plus they had her sat on my knee facing away from me so i couldn't see her face or pass on "scardy mum vibes" to her.

I feel alot less teary now thats over.

Diane and I are having a day at the camping and caravan show tomorrow, lets hope its a bit less hot.

Keep up the good work and you can always talk to yourself, at least you know you're listening

Taz

Taz I'll have some me time for you as well. I now have all 3 of them asleep and it's only 6pm. I bet for that they will allbe up early but that's okay it will save me rushing getting us ready in the morning.
    Have fun at the camping and caravan show tomorrow i think it's only going to be a little cooler tomorrow.

How was your me time last night them michelle? should i feel all relaxed? actally i did have some time last night, we all went in the pool when John came home. O was shattered because she hadn't had a chance to nap all day so she had a sleep in her swing by the pool while we all cooled off a bit. Then i got to watch Mcleods Daughters while we had a feed and some cuddly time. After all that she went down at around 10 and woke up at 5.30 .

Tha caravan and camping show was great, i now soooo want a jayco camper trailer before the boys re too old to enjoy it.... pity we're skint. Orlanda was a gem even though it was really hot.

I hope you are taking advantage of hubby being home.

Taz

Yay for hubby being home Michelle

Last night I was so tired I decided to skip Georgias evening feed before I went to bed and she slept till 4:45! SHe had her last feed at around 6pm. I'm going to try again tonight and see how we go. Fingers crossed!

Hope everyone is well.

I can't beieve how super organised you were while DH was away Michelle!

Taz do you go camping alot? Whats it like with the kids?

That was a nice long sleep Rachel, fingers crossed for tonight. Orlanda went down at 930 and woke up at 615, that in my book is definitely a full nights sleep, i hope thats not just a reaction to her injections. The injections they get now are different to when myothers had theirs, main difference is the polio one. Has anyone else noticed a change in the poo smell after the injections. O's poos were the usual inoffensive BF baby poo smell but yesterday and today....... whoa.... not nice at all!!

Rachel..... i'm not really a camper to be honest,but seeing some of these camper trailers and caravans makes me want to be. WE went camping (in a tent) when Indie was a few months old and it was good, but sharing toilets and sleeping on a blow up bed just don't do it for me, but i think a camper trailer would be the ideal compromise, the kids get the freedom of a camping holiday (as a kid i loved them) and we get a bit more comfort and facilities (especially if we get an en suite pitch) and its easy to tow and means you don't all have to sit in the car with all your camping gear packed round you....... But my husband doesn't agree and says he would rather just stay in an apartment somewhere.

Taz i am getting Eleanor's injections done next week. Will let you know if her poos change but they can't get any worse than they are at the moment.
    I wish Eleanor would sleep that well. She slept great from 4pm till 10pm but that was it till 1.30am and then she was back up at 4.30 and then 7am.

Rachel i can't believe how well i did when DH was away and with him being back last night the house was awful. I did better on my own LOL

Other than the strange sleeping patterns Eleanor is doing really well and since changing her formula she's not been sick much she just dribbles it out now.

rachele and taz,wow congrats on the great sleep.that is wonderful,harry had a few wakeful nights ,last night he did well,he slept till 4 am then up at 7.30.not bad!he has been sleeping most of the morning for me also.he goes down very late at night though,we dont get any time to ourselves as he seems to have the witching hour from about 8 till 10 or 11.
    michelle that is great that she is not vomiting any more,must be soooo much better for you both.
    i agree that life is sooo much easier and less chaotic when dh is not at home.
    nikki

How is everyone going ?

We just moved Eleanor in to her own room so hopefully i will get a better nights sleep as she makes all kinds so sounds during the night.
    She's slept well for the last couple of nights only woke once for a feed.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast