Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #1

Carol - what was the script you were getting filled for your supply hon? Ive been drinnking aktivit (dont ask me to spell tonight) and its helped me heaps. It took 24 hours but by the look of the milk beard of Mateauz i think its helped.

Bindy - I use cloth on both Mateauz and Vyolett...its not really hard and it gives me a break when I have to hang them up or take them off the line. i sew fleecie covers....im going to start again very soon, helps keep my brain alive and gives me some 'me' time. I got very lost there after having Vyolett....i lost my identity and myself until I started making my covrs and started seling them. Gave me a purpose other then being a mum and a bit of self worth again.

Hello everyone else...wonder when the other girls are going to come and join us.

Hope your all having a wonderful night were ever you are

Maz- We are all trying to come and join in... Got to get this baby out first!

Maz - I think the name is domperione or something similar! Sounds like the Aktivit works well too & a faster acting time! Where did you get that from? Is it something natural that I can take as well as...? and for now I've been using mainly pre-folds on little Jackson & theyre working a treat I'm quite liking it really - I sound surprised dont I,LOL. But I have used an AIO on him as well

Jen - We're waiting for the rest of the girls patiently,lol. Wont be long before we have you here, surely!

Bindi- I hope you got the sleep you were asking for! Bub had a big day yesterday of sleeping - we spent a couple of hrs at the shops & he slept right through it! Even after getting him in & out of the car several times!! But he was up from about 7pm til midnight. I just left him with his Daddy since he's a night owl himself & I went to bed. I think Jackson just wanted boobie but I didn't have anything left for him. He's depleting my supply,lol. And he wasn't entirely happy with having to have the bottle Soon though my supply should be back & he'll be happy & sleeping sooner then!
    Last edited by hindonly; January 23rd, 2008 at 09:38 AM.

Maz- we're trying to hurry up and get our butts in here, but when baby doesnt want to budge just yet we just have to wait little buggers have their own agenda

Hi ladies,

I know it's probably normal....but is anyone else having an hour or so a day where they get really teary? I don't get teary about anything to do with Amy, just about how different everything is at the moment. I'm such an organised person so not having a shower until 9.30am is weirding me out. i'm sure I'll get used to it but I've never been good with change. And then as soon as I look at Amy it's all worth it. The crying is more annoying than anything......I've read it's normal but just interested to see if anyone else is experiencing it.

Luv Nik x

Yeah Nik, definitely. I gave DH a hug earlier, and we laughed that we can hug properly now the belly is gone and that made me all teary!

Adeline had a good night, except she fed 2 hourly, I want to push it out a bit more. and to think yesterday I was worried because she slept for 4 hours! Every day is different!

I have about 20 different MCN, and afrom a whole heap of different brands. I got them out today- there is only 1 that will come close to fitting her! some of them are marketed as from birth- but there is no way that much material will fit between her little legs!

Anyway she has been asleep for 2 hours now- lets see how long she goes!

Yeah I changed my ticker!
    I'm not very computer literate so it took awhile!

Aaargh!! All of you with bubs that only wake 4 hourly at night.... what am I doing wrong??!! Miss is still waking up every 2 to 3 hours at night... mostly 2.... since I can't get to sleep earlier I have found that I am napping when she is asleep from around 2am to 12 or 1pm.

So much for the IF, it definately helped that day that nobody had any sleep but then the next day she was up all day again & the IF didn't help.... I was in tears!! Yesterday & last night was alright, still waking alot but not staying awake for hours thank god. She's in bed now, went down at 12 then was crying 5 mins ago so I gave her a cuddle & put her back down, I am praying she sleeps atleast 2 hours from now...

Bindy, I can vouch for Maz's awesomeness re cloth nappies, I have a couple of her wonderfully made nappy covers here! (Thanks again Maz!!) Scarlett is in just plain Terry flats - I searched high & low for flanny flats & snibs & haven't used them at all!!! I figured a snappi is just soooooooo much easier than messing about with a snib etc... Scally HATES having her nappy changed though, just screams. She doesn't mind a bit of nappy free time but invariably she pees everywhere or lets rip with a poop lol. I went to put a spossie on her for the trip to the Doctor but I couldn't do it!! I had it there all ready but it was so plasticy & scratchy I felt really mean so I put her in one of her few mcns & we made it to the Doctor & home again without incident.

I am scared.... WE ARE MOVING TO MELBOURNE..!! I know I am a worry wart normally, but how can I not worry about moving with a 7 week old baby, interstate?? Then there is the fact that the lease won't be up here, how do we find somewhere to rent there, the cost of moving all that way, how do we get the mammoth dog down there..... YIKES!! Have told DP that I am not helping or organising ANYTHING. Scally is enough for me to worry about!!

(...sorry for the selfish post... )

~Belinda~ Guest

Maz, that's fantastic! Well done to you, I think you're a supermum!

Hindonly, glad your little one had good sleeps yesterday! That's awesome that you went to bed too and left Bub with Daddy! Good on you...your supply will hopefully pick up soon too.

Nik, I know what you mean about having a shower late! I seriously am in my PJ's some days until after lunch which really grosses me out! I really think crying is normal. Cry away I say, you'll be absolutely fine, it's probably your hormones too

Queen, why are you moving? We are moving in 2 weeks but only a few suburbs away! We've bought a new home, the new one has a pool so we're really looking forward to going there, and it's heaps more space too! I'm nervous about moving with a real young baby and have told my DP I'm not doing much either! Good luck with the move though. Talk about everything happening in the New Year!!! A new baby and a move...WHOA! Oh I'm sorry to hear about the IF and the night time issues with your little one. I think some nights are just bad and other nights are really great. She's been pretty good though so far hasn't she?

Righto...DR PHIL is calling my name....LOL!

yeppp i want to get in here too! cant wait!

just a question since u's are all going through it lol! with breastfeeding, what if bubs needs or wants more than u've got? sorry if u's have said this already

Jess - Maz & I have been chatting about this! LOL Maz has been using Aktavit which I dont know much about, she'll tell us more when she's in. And I've just started using Domperione ( I think its called! dont feel like getting up to check,lol). You need a script from your Dr for this one though. My milk supply isn't that gr8 atm which is why I've started to use it. But in the meantime bub is having a bit of both - bottle & boobie. Although he doesn't really like the bottle at all - so cant wait till I have enough for him so we can leave the formula on the shelf most times!

CArol - i got aktivite from coles hon...it was fairly cheap to...$4.50 or something. Its in the coffee/milo isle...has worked a treat, Ive got heaps of milk today!!! We gave Mateauz a shower last night then I gav ehim a nice feed at 9pm...he fell asleep on my bb at around 9.40 and I didnt hear from him until 4.30ish....much happier little man today and I forgot what it was like to get so much sleep in one go. Ive been using AIO's of a night time...find it easier to use them then so I dont have to worry about finding a cover in the dark.

Hope everyone else is having a great day

ETA - I just forgot to freshen my page and OPMG everyones posted!!!!

Queen - stupid me....I didnt even know you bought some of my covers!! Good on me pmsl..WTG on cloth to by the way!
    As for the tears...I had a big spack attack in hospital were I totally lost it and I have my moments but my other kids seem to make me forget (probably due to yelling) oh oh on moving to Melbourne...you'll have to get into the cloth thread and come to some of our meet ups. they are so good and its great to meet some of the girls from BB in person.

Jess - bub will feed more when they need it. Get some aktivite now and take it to hospital. I took Ovaltean and had that there.....express as much as you can in hospital hon..use their electric pump cause there is nothing like it andif the midwife offers to express for you...let them (yes they pull you nipples like there rubber bands) but you know you wouldnt inflict pain like that on your self and its easier for someone else to do it. And dont forget to take breastfeeding multivitamins either babe. They help YOU when your feeling $hit!

NIk - hon...crying is normal and in my eyes...its better out then in. Ive been making myself go outside for wakls and get on with my normal everyday life things. I took Mateauz and Vyolett downt he street yesterday for 3 hours. Was great and I felt tired but good for it afterwards. Even a walk around the block can help hon. Big hugs for ya babe!

Dont forget that babies have a growth spurt at around the 10 day mark and will feed nearly none stop in that time (Mateauz did it)....try and get rest and even if you BF in bed and fall asleep together....its a lovely feeling to wake up and look down at your beautiful baby snuggled in asleep on you bb...ahhhh melts my heart!
    Last edited by maz; January 23rd, 2008 at 02:39 PM.

~Belinda~ Guest

Jess, my Madeleine definately wanted more than I could produce! She wanted to be fed all the time! She is a real sucker too so I have had to express/formula feed as my nipples have been split and sore, I was very unhappy so now we're both happy and she's getting good feeds! You'll be right though! Just do with what suits you, after all, it's your baby and your decision!!

Bindy - I agree with ya hon (although my post above made me sound like a BFing nazi rofl) Are you just formula feeding now matie??? Ive got a tin sitting in the pantry just in case. I never had luck with the others so Im holding my breath that it will work this time round.
    Jess do what your comfortable with. Bindy is absolutely right.

Im itchy as all [email protected] today....especially around my c/s scar and belly so annoying!!!

Ugh, had another nasty night here... it's like somebody took my happy baby last saturday & swapped her for a rather unhappy one... I have moments where I just look at her crying on the bed & think 'There is nothing else I can do!'... feel like a REAL GOOD mother at those times let me tell you.

Have found my new miracle cure... might work until tomorrow... my Hug A Bub... sussed out how to put it on last night & this morning when she wouldn't settle in she went... she freakin loves it & has been sleeping in there now since about 11.30 & I've managed to get some washing done. I also love looking down & seeing her sleeping (& content!!).

Have to go to the post office tomorrow so that'll be the real test of the HAB... if she stays happy in it it'll be so much easier than trying to take the strider on the bus...

Had a shower with her this morning, she loved it!! It was out of neccessity though as I was just putting her down to sleep so that I could go shower myself when she threw up a TONNE of milk all over herself & in her hair... I thought I could bath her but I NEEDED a shower so we had one together... will be doing that again, she likes having a bath but really seemed to like the shower more, didn't even cry after when she was getting dry & dressed which was amazing (she hates being messed with).

Maz, aren't your (or BBs) cloth meetups etc just for MCN? Not really into that much atm, just old school flats lol.

Hi ladies,

Amy has been going really well but with all this talk about not having enough milk I'm a little worried now. What is the sign of that?? She hasn't been weighed since Sunday so I don't know for sure if she's putting on weight but she looks like she is......

Maz - I used to drink Aktivite when I was little instead of Milo. Why does it help with the milk? I might get some anyway......

Queenmab - Amy had a shower with DH yesterday and LOVED it! She likes a bath but loved the shower. Didn't cry once. She cried a tiny bit afterwards when we drying her etc but I couldn't believe how much she liked the shower. Isn't it great when they chill out like that? I need to buy a new sling. I got a second hand one and it's kinda crocheted (but not) material IYKWIM and so it leaves marks on her skin and her hair sticks out the holes. It's a really expensive one but I just don't think it looks comfortable. Will have to look into it cos she just doesn't like being left on her own when she's awake which is really hard when you're trying to do chores or eat etc.........might be worth investing in a Hug a Bub....heard so many good things about them........

Well, should go put our sheets in the dryer. Am pretty tired so might lie down for a nap too. Oh there goes the door bell joy Luv Nik and AMy xx

NicW- I am glad I have a HAB, but if you don't want to outlay so many $$$$ you can get similar hand made carriers on ebay, etsy or some other WAHM sites.... all it really is is a loooooooooooong piece of material so I don't see how you could go wrong with a hand made one.

I can't wait to get DP to have a shower with Scally... he'll love it... have to wait until tomorrow night now though, unless she's awake when he gets up at 4.30 tomorrow morning... (...please... no....)

~Belinda~ Guest

Maz, I am formula feeding more than expressing now, my milk is really going out. I am using Karicare Gold Plus which is excellent, Madeleine doesn't get constipation or anything! I really doubt my milk ever came in too much! Doesn't bother me, so many people tell me to perservere with my cracked and bleeding nipples but seriously, I couldn't do it anymore! A crying mummy at every feed is not good for Bub!

Queen, I know what you mean about our babies being messed with! Madeleine grizzles so much when I put clothes on her. Their little arms go so stiff.

Well, we went to the clinic today! Our little one has put on 878g since leaving hospital.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast