Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #6

Default Babies Born January - June 2005 #6

This thread is for parents who's baby was born January - June 2005

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-

Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your old thread can be found here You may have noticed that the baby details are missing at the start of the thread. This is so parents can post where-ever they feel comfortable without having their details in 1 thread and posting in another and often feeling like an outsider within both threads. We will be increasing signature lengths slightly soon so you can accomadate your babies birth details if you wish and can't already fit them it.

Love

Hey ladies

Re: my energy, normally im so lazy... i hate housework at the best of times, and i find it 3 times as hard as of the kids. So when i kinda feel like cleaning i just throw myself into it!!

Well, declan is STILL sick, they were all meant to be in daycare today, but its just me and my decca Been shopping, running out of time to find my SS pressie, but i cannot find anything nice that i like!! I really like my person, so it has to be perfect

SILVER

Awww poor Declan I hope he gets better real quick

Tanya

HEy tanya, just curious, whats the "SILVER" thing?!

I was about to ask the same thing Tanya!! Why have you written Silver? Is that the next baby's name And is there anything in particular making you feel down? Big hugs for you.

Sorry that your little boy is still sick Simone. I'm still trying to find the second part of my SS present too - I know what I want but I'm having trouble coming in under budget. So I keep hunting for the perfect one!
    Deb - I hope playgroup was good.

My eyes are seriouslyhanging out of my head. I have to have a nanna nap today - and I bloody hate them! Iwake up feeling hungover.
    But anything has to be better than feeling liek this soI shall pop off and nap. GBS swab today - yuck. I hate strangers looking around up there. I've had the referral for almost 2 weeks!! oopseys.

Maybe thats my prob fi!! all the things i think are perfect are like $50...

Hey girls,
    Fi dont you do the fuffa thing with the big cotton bud, I use to laugh at the girls in the toilets ( you could always tell the first time pregnancys )They were pulling the faces.
    Tanya: Maybe it is a secret message for someone, maybe it is your fav colour maybe it is the colour car Fi should of get lol
    Simone: Poor Dec..At least you have put thought into your SS present I know the shop I want to get it from there is always too many cars and not enough car parks
    I rekon all the num nuts that have glasses has been in today sheshh
    Eliza has been so good this week going here and there she bit another child again ..so Fi maybe not our daycare I am going to have a meeting with the director to have some consistency in our approach to it..I feel so bad for the poor things that are tasty
    Bec

Bec - bummer about miss Liza biting again. I'm sure the director will have some good suggestions.
    Last time I did got the swab done she did it for me. I'd MUCH rather do it myself!!!!! Maybe I'll go to a different lab so I they try something new. I was going to go today, but I cant be bothered having a shower til tonight, and well, I dont really do the looking thing down there until I'm "clean".

lol my girlfriend told me when she was having a pap done the nurse told her that the garden could do with a bit of weeding...hence I shant be going to that doctor..lol
    Bec

Hey Bec - Shane in his seriously amusing sense of humour suggested a mask like hannibal lector's for Liza. Isn't he just a hoot...... yeah right.
    Wait til his child starts biting others, or maybe kicking and punching, then he shall learn how not funny he is.

Dee: Sorry to hear it got you all, and glad Marik was a good help to you

Simone: i am the same re the housework thing, its all or nothing with me most of the time

Bec: hope you can sort something out with them that helps you all

Fi: Hope you get a good sleep in tonight and i agree the nanna naps have that horrible side effect, but sometimes you have to do it

Woohoo - Ijust did a search and found out that Bec is right and I dont have to get the person to do the GBS swab!! I remember that last time I got a thrush swab done too, so they just did them both! Yay - I dont have to put it off any longer
    We had a huge row last night. I am feeling a little unloved. We haven't done anything together that nice and romantic without Jenna since she was born - unless you count a single movie on my birthday. As I try telling Shane - its only going to get harder to find a babysitter once we have 2 babies.
    So this morning I have woken up with huge puffy eyes, and a big fat nose, and I'm just feeling yuck. Specially after the 2 choccie bikkies I just ate.

Someone give me a nice pregnancy pick-me-up. I seriously want to polish off a bottle of wine, but I guess thats irresponsible right???
    Today will be a bugger of a day - I have to get the car in for its 1000km service at 2pm, which is when Jenna has been napping. Oh well, fun and games.

Trish - haven't seen you in here for a few days - I hope all is quiet on the western front.
    Everyone else

Geez you girls!! I got the silver Medal... I was second to post in the new thread!! I suppose since no-one cottoned on I could have stolen gold and bronze too

Fi, As you know my edd is sneaking up and I am still trying to get pregnant... not going to go into it here... wrong place

Bec, I hope you can nip that biting thing in the bud!! Not nice... GL

Violet was funny this morning, wato went and got here and put her in our bed (Emily was already bouncing around!) she told Wato she was Emily and pointed to Emily and said "Biolet"...LOL

TL
    Tanya

Now I get it Tanya The gold and bronze are yours too - I'm too tired to figure out where to put my medals.
    And you know I want this to be your month, I have everything crossed for you. Its certainly something you deserve.
    LOL on Violet's naming tricks. Clever girl.

Bec and I just took the girls to one of the indoor playcentres for their 3monthly infection exposure. I have to say I get a little annoyed with mums that think its OK to put their 4yo's in the enclosure for under 4s. Specially when they are pretty rambuncious little souls.
    One boy - who was well under 4, shoved Jenna a few times. The first time I left it cause Jenna wasn't too phased, and she needs a little prodding now and again. The second time he pushed her over really hard, and so I said to the other mother - thats the 2nd/3rd time he's done that......
    I dont think she realised. Why do mums think its OK to take their kids to these places and turn a blind eye to how their kids are behaving??
    Grrr - that must be why I dont go there very often. PLus they have put it up to $6, which is pretty expensive for a 90min play session in a germ pit.....

LOL at germ pit, i refuse to go to them places myself, have heard there are good ones around but not where i live, there is only one and i hate it

Cooper went really well last night and slept till 4ish then didnt get up again till nearly 9am, so cant complain there, and only had to go pat him once today to get him to nap in his bed, so good day so far

Mason is going well and is all over my parents who arrived back here yesterday, so glad he has someone else to hang off for awhile, although he still notices if i my lap is free and jumps on it even with them here lol, Luke was a real dads boy so its a shock to the system when a kid actually likes you lol, even when DH is home he still wants to hang out with me

Fancy me being right Fi
    Yeh well everytime we go to that place we end up in hospital and that is not a lie due to all the feral bugs. I need to be one of those mums that carries around the antibacterial wipes..my be a bit hard as I constantly forget nappies or wipes
    Belinda: Well done Cooper...my girl is a mummas girl till dady comes home
    Tanya:Ohh what a gorgeous girl..and Biolet its adorbleI

III jjusst made an apointment with my IVF doctor sheshhhh I am scared
    Not going to tell anyone the date but is in the next couple of weeks.
    All these pregnancys are making me realise that I am getting too old to wait lol
    Bec

Just popping in to say hello to everyone now that we're in this thread too! Not sure how good a job I'll do of keeping up... I usually try to read the posts but run out of time to actually post myself LOL.

Kynan's going for his 18m immunisations today. And he's currently got 3 teeth that are just below the surface of his gum (2 bottom first molars and his last incisor). If they ever decide to come through completely that'll make a total of 12 teeth. Thank god for the brauers teething stuff LOL!!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast