Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #2

Default Babies Born January 2008 #2

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in January 2008.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your old thread can be found here

Hi ladies,

Just got back from our (very short) outing to the baby shop. Got a bubba moe sling and put Amy in it as soon as we got home and she seems to love it!!!! YAY!! Cross your fingers it continues!! She cried all the way to the shop, settled in the shop (thank goodness) and cried all the way home but I didn't feel bad cos I was going there for her! Hehehehe.

Glad all the tension is over (I hope anyway). No fun!!! Like someone said earlier (sorry baby brain), we are all here to support each other no matter when we gave birth!!

Dayl - welcome!!!!! more the merrier :-) congrats on your bub!!!

Bindy - I really need to look at the day that posts are written!! Good luck tomorrow. I was really nervous today but it worked out alright. Now that I've got the sling I can go to the shops and do errands without having to cart the stroller around. Yay!

Karen - can't wait til you have your bub and looking forward to getting to know you :-)

Queen - I know what you mean about jinxing yourself! Same's happened to me so I just keep my mouth shut too now! Heehhe. Go the fruit and veg! I'm the same with starting stuff too. You almost don't want to make a meal just in case you need to feed!

Well, better go have some lunch before Amy wakes up. chat soon Luv Nik and Amy

D'oh Nic, you beat me lol, thought I was going to be first!! Yay on the sling success... oooh sounds like miss is waking up after just an hour... bugger... must type quickly lol, perhaps she heard the washing machine stop & knows I'd be wanting to hang the washing out...??

Dayl - woot, welcome to the best thread ever lol. Well, it will be from here on in, never fear!!

Uh oh, crying amped up now, gotta go!!

Hi everyone!

New thread at the right time, I say. Welcome everyone including Karen and Jess, sending you both labour vibes!

Havent managed to get on for a couple of days, Adeline has been unsettled at times. Got barely any sleep last night, she woke frequently wanting boob, and when she slept she made these 'grunting' wimpering noises most of the time, and yes i tried winding her etc. She just keeps fighting deep sleep. i spent most of the morning teary in frustration and lack of sleep. She only seems to sleep for about 30mins to an hour at a time.
    I am worried about my milk supply with her feeding so much too.

Bindy, I am in north Brisbane, near Chermside. I had Adeline at North West Private. Where are you?
    Carol and Jo are both on the south side. We are hoping to do a catch up one day. I cant drive for 6 weeks after my caesar, so it will be a while away!

Anyway we are 10 mins into attempt number 500 to sleep today. and I just heard her do a big squits in her nappy, so better go and sort out my little darling! Maybe this time she will settle post nappy change!

Thanks girls .... I've only been here for 5 minutes and I've already received more personals from you guys than the girls in the December thread! I dont blame them though, because there is so many of them they dont have time to do personals which is what I love about BB.

NikW - Thanks for the welcome! I have bought the Naturesling (from ebay) and Fraser loves it. They think they are being carried so we are kind of cheating but whatever makes a happy bubs I say! The only problem with it is that it is made from quite a thick fabric so it is quite hot to wear for both of us but hopefully in a few weeks time it should cool down and be a bit more comfy for us. I find he is a lot more settled when I carry him in the sling while shopping that in those terrible capsules they provide in the trolleys.

Karen - I hope your baby is on the way very shortly. It was only a few short weeks ago that I was where you are now and remember the frustration (and discomfort) I was feeling. Hang in there and enjoy what is left of your pregnancy if that is possible. I dont know if you have any other little ones but if you dont, make the most of full nights sleep too.

Queenmab - Howdy fellow Belly Buddy! It is nice to see some familiar names in here. I know how you feel with starting jobs around the house. I know that Fraser has two good sleeps during the day (3 hour stints but the time of day varies) so during his first sleep I do whatever housework needs doing and during his second sleep I get dinner ready. If I'm lucky enough to get a third sleep out of him then I have a sleep myself but I think that has only happened a handful of times in the past 4 weeks.

Anyway, I've just updated my Gallery if anyone is interested in taking a look.

BBL to meet some of the others.

Hi Hawksey! I had Fraser at Northwest Private too!!! He was born on 31 December. I live in North Lakes just up the road from you. I believe Bindy is about to move to Albany Creek so all three of us will be quite local to each other. I had some trouble with Fraser and wind and found that Infants Friend is a godsend (sorry if this has already been discussed here). I find it very easy to burp Fraser with it. Literally I dont even have to pat his back. As soon as I lift him to my shoulder he deafens me with a big burp. It is only about $7 from the chemist.

Good to meet you!

~Belinda~ Guest

Queen, so glad you are better today. Oh I know what you mean about having an unsettled Bub! Madeleine was so unsettled yesterday all day and I couldn't do anything.

Dayl, welcome honey! Oh I am so glad you are here...!!!

Nik, I have a Bubba and Moe too. But I am not using it much because of the heat and I find that Madeleine grizzles in it when it's humid. I'm sure she'll love it in the airconditioning though!! I am really looking forward to using mine more too.

Hawksey, I'm in Nundah! But moving soon. Cool stuff...also Dayl is in North Lakes, oh we should all meet up one day. Madeleine was born at Wesley Hospital at Auchenflower. So sorry you were teary today, hopefully it will get better for you soon. These little ones love cuddles so much don't they.

Ok, glad this thread is up and running with all of us cool chicks...

haha Bindy, cool chicks indeed... :P

Did y'all notice... we're not at the top in a sticky anymore... *sob* It's not even Feb yet!!

Can you believe this is like my third post here today?! What the...?? Not only that, but I just had lunch!! A little late admittidly (sp?) but I'm not hungry & that's the main thing, so that makes breakfast AND lunch for me today which is a helluva lot better than yesterday which was nothing all day & a snack-ish dinner!!

I am so enjoying my time bfing Scally, well, the times she's due for a feed I am, not the comfort bfing, but when she is awake & aware it's so great... she gives me this look while she's feeding, like "Yeah..? What???" lol. I also love when she squirms around trying to find the nipple on her own, too cute!! At times I am trying to burp her & she positively throws herself down to feed again!! She's so funny!!

...one thing she does which I wish she wouldn't is when she is getting her nappy or clothes changed she pulls her hair with one hand so hard that she makes herself cry!! I really have to prize her little fist apart to get it away...!!

I'm so excited that she's sleeping today that I don't know what to do with myself lol. I bet this means a looong, hideous night though... that's how it seems to go... not a great routine if I do say so myself, good night = bad day & vice versa.

Dayl, lucky you on knowing you have atleast 6 hours for sure everyday... Scally is rather contrary & mixes it up everyday lol... damnit, was thinking "Woo, she's asleep again for an hour or so" but can hear that grizzling again.... oh please don't wake up!!

Hawksey, I am no bf expert but Scarlett has been feeding constantly for the last 2 days, even when you think there can't possibley be anything left there always seems to be & it's mostly about comfort sucking anyway. I have found that even though my breast don't seem to 'fill' during the day 'cause she's always there, they are certainly firm & ready for her feeds at night when she's had a longer sleep. I wouldn't worry about your bfing not being enough if she's got plenty of wet nappies.

Hi to everyone I've not mentioned, hope to hear some good news to do with Maz soon, still thinking of you honey... *hugs*

A maz update for you girls. She posted a little earlier. he has been diagnosed with Strep B and that may have caused bleeding on his brain. He is still feeding like a trooper. Hopefully all will be ok.

You girls are all going great guns. I am so jealous!

I'm not sure what is happening with Maz's little man but I hope all goes well for them ....

~Belinda~ Guest

That sounds good about Mat, that he is feeding well. I really hope he recovers soon.

I just read the full story of Maz and Mat in another thread. Wow, how scary is that?? I couldnt imagine having to go through that so all the best to both of you. My thoughts are with you.

~Belinda~ Guest

I know Dayl, how awful. I couldn't imagine going through that either. I really hope he gets better soon. I will reply to your email too soon, when I get a bit of time, Madeleine is having whingey times in her bassinette. She isn't even crying, just letting out a loud grizzle to get my attention!!!

Hi ladies,

CONGRATS TASCHA!! well done!!

Bindy, Dayl, Kristie, QM, Sazz and Tascha, miss you all!! i miss the December/January belly buddies group too... the girls in December baby buddies are great, but it just ain't the same without you all! Hope you don't mind me popping in to see how you are all doing occasionally!!

luv ya all

xxx

Hi everyone,
    Sorry for no personals today. Have been very stressed with Celeste not taking the boob and have spent a few hours in hosp this arvo trying to get things right. Will be going back in a couple of hours for another go. Have midwife visit in the morning and CAFS nurse visit tomorrow arvo so I might be a bit tired and busy for another day or so.
    Hope everyone's bubs are going beautifully!!! Will catch up on all your news when I have calmed down a bit (Have cried all day )
    Sazz

s361768 Guest

Hi, Dayl, bindy, queenmab, sazz, carol and anyone I missed - thank you for the welcome, congratulations of the birth of your new little ones!!!

Dayl, My first son was born of the 31st of January. So he was born right on the edge of a month just like your little one.

3 of my babies have now been concieved on Mothers Day (it is the only time of year I think we make time, that and fathers day) sorry TMI!!!

So my 2 aquarius sons were meant to be born on each others b'days, I think the odds of that actually happening are 1/730??? so luckily they are a week apart (my second son was born in July). I dont think I have to cross my fingers for Francis not arriving on Thursday because the odds are against it. I went a week over with my third son and he was born on the 8th of Feb. I don't really mind going post dates again but if I have to move I will be very grumpy - I am trying to be as active as I can now but everytime I walk I get BHs pains in my back that move to the front - so that with sciatica makes it worse!!!

On the plus side being in here and chatting with you girls reminds me that it will be over pretty soon and it also makes me look forward to things I really miss about having a little baby So thank you, I feel quite like I can do it now (labour)!!!

I do hope the next time I post I will have had my little boy.

Sazzafrazz - I do hope things improve for you shortly. Big hugs coming your way. Nothing is worse than feeling teary and crying.

s361768 - Whoa! 3 kids! You are an expert at all this! I look forward to picking your brains when needed...

Dayl and Bindy, cool on you both being so close! Definitely will arrange to meet up in the future (when i can drive again!)

Adeline has been quite restless again today, slept only for short periiods. she must be so tired. hopefully i will get a good sleep tonight. fingers crossed!

QueenMab thanks for the reassurance, i need that at the moment.
    Dahl they discussed infants friend a while back, but i thought at the time it wasnt relevant to us. now i think maybe she is uncomfortable and should try it- what is it made of exactly?

Sazz, my heart goes out to you, a fellow new mum in tears of frustration- and unnamed tears -reasons you cant put your finger on! as i found this morning- damn hormones!

Hope Maz and Matty continue to do well, thinking of you

Mary

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast