Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #8

Default Babies Born January 2008 #8

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in January 2008.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The Previous thread is here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...-2008-7-a.html

Ive put a couple of new photos of Celeste in the Gallery if anyone wants a peep.

Ah, Ive missed my new mums group for 2weeks now with my cold and I really have missed it. Although I have been quite busy lately I really look forward to my weekly chat with others who have bubs of the same age. Just like on here really but I can actually see them!

DH has been working so much lately that he is really missing out on a lot of time with us. He hardly sees Celeste some days if she sleeps when he is home between shifts. He is giving notice on one of his jobs this weekend when the boss gets back and taking on a new job which has more family friendly hours and not so many hours. We are even thinking of taking a week away soon. I'm looking forward to that. We will just take it easy at a beach place and go for drives/walks etc.. nothing too fancy.

Well, I think Celeste has finally hit the 5kg mark. Weighed her at the chemist yesterday but she had on a nappy/singlet/socks so not sure how much to take off for those. Also its not the usual scales we weigh her on so maybe not acurate but she was just over 5kg. Have to go back to the child nurse to check her weight gain in a fortnight(?) cause she is gaining so little.

Anyone having trouble with reflux? I think that may be part of our problem. Celeste is waking up with pained cries lately and is VERY chucky. Could be to blame for small weight gains? I have started giving her 2ml mylanta sometimes. She doesnt like the strong taste though. We also have her sleeping in an upright position in a hammock which helps a bit although she often wakes with spew on her face from the night still.

Hope everyone is happy and healthy where you are!!!!!

Sazz

Hi ladies,

Not much to report here. Sorry but I've forgotten what everyone wrote in the last thread and I don't have much time on here. So rude of me I know but please know I'm thinking of you all!!!

Sazz - They take off 20g for newborn nappies and 40g for others at my clinic and I don't think the socks etc would weigh enough for it to matter. Yay for Celeste hitting 5kg!! I hope it all goes well in a fortnight. Sounds like things are going to improve soon with DH's work too which will be much nicer for you all.

Well, better get going. Not much news on Amy here. Can't believe she's almost 4 months. She's so big now!!! Luv Nik and Amy xx

Hey everyone,

Well last couple of days have been hellish here. Sander had his shots wednesday and all seemed okay. But he had a temperature on thursday and has trouble sleeping now and cramps. I am soo tired from trying to calm him (he's been crying and screaming when he was awake) don't know up from down atm.
    Took him to the doctor yesterday cause he just wouldn't stop screaming and he has an umbilical hernia, so wanted to make sure everything was okay. Acted like an angel during the visit. The little devil. He was okay after that but started his screaming when it was bedtime! Thursday he screamed untill midnight (even after a paracetamol). Yesterday it was only untill 10.
    Don't really know how to deal with it really, should I just leave him (is he trying us out and not wanting to go to bed?? He does have quite a temper) or do I soothe him and keep rocking him to sleep? Is this normal behaviour around the 3 month mark? Paed said leave him and get him more into a rythm and let him now he has to sleep in bed and let him fall asleep by him self. But he also appears to have cramps and he's crying so loudly! It's just sooo frustrating! Thank God it's happening now tho and not next week, when I have to go to work again.

Sorry, no personals, I am just too tired and too frustrated, just need a good sleep or a good cry to get it out of my system.... Hope everyone has a good weekend tho
    Last edited by believer; April 26th, 2008 at 05:58 PM. Reason: adding

Oh Madelon, It is horrible isnt it hearing those cries? The modern thinking here is not to leave a baby to cry till at least the 6months age as they arent capable of manipulating you on purpose like that. It is difficult though when you are exhausted by it too and are longing for him to just go to sleep. Maybe it is to do with the "wonder week" which often happens at 12weeks of age, as well as the hernia? Have you heard of wonder weeks? It is a time when a baby will be extra fussy/grumpy/irritable due to a stage of mental development that is happening and will pass within a week or two. I find if I dont attend to Celeste once she gets to that real crying stage that she gets so much worse and is even harder to settle. Are they going to fix the hernia??? Hope you get a good rest tonight- I remember well those long evenings of a screaming baby when Celeste had colic for weeks 3 to 9. I do feel for you hun!

Hello everyone else.

Wow, nik, 4months already..It is freaking me out a bit how fast the time is passing!

We were out all day yesterday and Celeste was a bit off her routine with only snacking and napping all day. She has been a bit sleepy today to make up for it. The benefit though was that she slept through the night again! That makes 3nights in a row again, hope the routine is staying again now.

Hugs to you Madelon, hopefully its just a growth spurt combined with the immunisations and he will be back to normal soon.

We are doing fine, not much to report. My sister finally came to Brisbane to meet Addy this weekend which has been great, its just my brother who lives in the uk who hasnt met her yet.

Have to go to the doctors this week just to get a referral for the paediatrician (follow up next week) whata pain. I wonder if they can do the 4 month check up early to save me a visit!!

ANyway she is asleep in the swing and hate to leave her unsupervised so will go. Hope everyone has a good week.

Maryx

Billy Ocean Guest

Madelon, you poor thing and poor Sander. I hope things have improved. Hugs. Thank you also for the tip on the banana pillow for tummy time. That's an AWESOME idea!!! Going to try it RIGHT NOW!

Hey, April will be married now. WOO HOO!

Hi Sazz, Nik and Mary!

Back later. Billy awake!!!

x

Hey Everyone sorry i wasnt on much over the weekend, Chris had a 4day weekend and apart from him playing gold everyday at some point we managed to spend some quality time together just the 3 of us.

We went and got Sophie weighed/measured this morning after not having had her weighed/measured since 8weeks (shes almost 14weeks) my bad just have had the time to take her. She weighs 5565g lenght 58cm and head circumference 39.4cm, now since 8weeks shes put on 600g, grown .5cm and her head is 1.9cm bigger which i think is great but the health nurse wasnt impressed with her length or her head (Sophie has a flat spot, as i've mentioned before) and i walked out of there feeling like a failure. Everytime i take Sophie to the health nurse to be checked i walk away feeling like a failure and nothing i do according to them is right.

On a better note after getting Sophie checked over i went and done some retail therapy and went into Target i bought myself a new bra was $34.99 down to $27.99 with their 20% off bra sale, also went into the baby section and found some more 00 tights for Sophie 6 pairs all up white with butterflies, plain navy blue, plain red, plain darkish pink with lace at the bottom of the legs, same darkish pink with dark purple strip and light pink with dark pink strip and 2 shirts that have fake sleeves 'hugs please' and 'princess in the making'.

Sorry for the selfish post & lack of personals i did read everything though to all

Hello everyone~
    I know it's late but thanks for those who made me feel much better after my last post...
    I'm not going to worry too much about her weight gain now.. just as long as she's happily following the 25 percentile growth.
    She's been chuckling lately and my DH loves it! He'll coo and chuckle at her for ages to get that precious sounds out of her... so cute....

Oh.. few days ago.. I had an Oporto burger.. with chili... what a mistake that was!
    I knew it was hot.. but thought... it might be ok...BUT NO!...I think it gave Am an upset tummy and she won't sleep until 3.30AM..... all my fault!.. never doing that again!! I felt soooo guilty.. when DH was asking.. what do u think is causing this.. initially I was like..."ummmm.. I dunno..... hmmmmm"....."may be ... it's the chili?.....hmmm... oopsie..."

Bonham08 - I have mixed experiences with the ECHC nurse...the one that came for home visits and and I see for the appointments is wonderful - she always assures me and telling me I'm doing a good job...Whereas couple of times I called ECHC (the same centre) and got this particular nurse who was so patronising...didn't ask me what I did but just assumed I was doing the wrong things and started telling me what to do...made me feel so bad....at the end of each sentence she'll be like "do you know what I mean?... see where I'm coming from..." like you're dumb or something.
    I think it's the same one who ran my Mothers group initially and when I got there 30 min late she later told me to come on time!! - like I don't know - I just couldn't match the feeding time but still made an effort despite the lateness!!! Also when they were taking about perineal exercise she turned to me and said "do you know what perineal is?" - just because I am asian she just assumed I won't know that word...OMG!...she's lucky I just smiled and said "yes".. but inside I was fuming....
    So anyways - may be you can ask to speak to someone else or see another nurse perhaps? Ask other mothers in the MG and see if they had better experience with someone else...

bbwish - gosh...sounds like you had a really tough time. I hope Sander's all better now... Also you're going back to work so soon! that must be tough too.. tell us how you're coping juggling work and bub...best of luck and we'll be thinking of you!!

Hey everyone,

Just a quick (illegal) post from me at work...

Sander is getting better, still the occasional cramps but his hernia is okay and getting smaller thank goodness. His sleeping has improved so that's nice!
    Hopefully this wonder week will go quickly!

Joanne, what a ***** making you feel like a failure! These women should be there to support you, not tear you down! But you're retail therapy sounds really good! You bought some cute stuff for Sophie!

Kate, the pillow is working really well with us he's not loving it, but isn't screaming his lungs out the second he's put on it either.

Lunesoleil, thanks for thinking of me. It is soooo weird being back at work. Like nothing ever happened. Last time I was working here, I had this beautiful belly tho and I was expecting and now I am empty handed and no belly. I miss Sander heaps, it's difficult leaving him in someone elses care (even if it's his daddy!) Thank God I have the day off tomorrow! I just hope he's taking the bottle! I am not going to phone and see if everything is okay in case I hear him cry, cause then I just immediately wanna go home and I can't!

Well, better get back to it, just 2,5 more hours to go......

Hey Ladies!

Mrs Howard here! hehe Our wedding was such a great day. We had such an awesome time. It was raining for about a week before and the day of the wedding the sun came out without a cloud in the sky! We were so lucky. Was pretty nervous getting ready but once the ceremony part was over I was fine. Bodie looked so handsome in his little suit. I have pics on Facebook (my friends pics) but I haven't got the professional ones yet.
    We are up on the Sunshine Coast now and will stay here for 3 more nights then head back home. The weather is beautiful!

Just this week we have noticed how much Bodie has grown. He's not our little bub anymore :-(. He's always moving around throwing his arms and legs everywhere. Smiling then becomes shy and turns his head the other way.... so cute. Will be interesting to see how much he will weigh when we get home. Has anyone turned their car-seat around the other way yet? I think you can turn it around at 8kg?

Anyway better get going and change a pooy nappy... just what you want to do while your on holidays hehe.

Hope your all well

April & Bodie xo

Billy Ocean Guest

CONGRATULATIONS MRS HOWARD!!!

Change your DF to DH!!!

Much love,

Kate, Billy & Ocean
    x

ohhhh ive got a bit to catch up on......

Madelon - hope sander is feeling better. You poor thing being at work. I'd go crazy!! How are you coping? You must miss your little man! So glad to hear his hernia is getting better. We had a terrible week when Amy turned 12 weeks too.

Sazz - great to hear Celeste is sleeping through the night. Nice one!! Amy's been doing that for a while now which is so nice. She still has the occasional wake up in the middle of the night but I no longer feed her. She just needs some settling and then she goes back to sleep so far. Would be nice if it continued but everyone keeps telling me that things change all the time so that's what I expect!

Mary - great to hear from you. it's so annoying when you need to make an appointment with the doc for things like that.

Kate - Hi!! Hope you and Billy are doing wonderfully. I'm sure you are!! ;-) He's such a handsome little boy!

Jo - I totally know how you feel about the health nurses. Some are so nice and others are awful! Is Sophie staying on the same percentile for growth overall? I wouldn't worry too much. As long as she's happy. Seriously, the way I see it is that if I never took Amy to get weighed or measured I would think everything was perfectly fine cos she's happy and seems healthy. If Sophie is happy and looks healthy (which she does by the way in all your photos!) then don't worry (but you can't help it when the so called professionals make you feel like there is something wrong, I know!). She's one of the cutest little bubs I've ever seen!

Moonsun - pmsl about the chilli. Whoops!! hehehehe. that's great that you're ok with how Amelie is going weight wise. She is a really gorgeous little girl.

April - congratulations Mrs Howard!! Your photos are divine. You just looked so beautiful. What an amazing day! I was thinking of you in the days leading up hoping that the weather would clear up for you and it did!!! Really looking forward to meeting you soon and seeing little Bodie!! Our car seat gets turned around at 8kg....that's seems so big to me!! Amy's legs will be up around her ears by the time she's that heavy!! Hehehehe.

Not much news here. Amy's hair has started to fall out. It's really thinning now. I don't want her to go bald!! I love how she has so much hair. Oh well, maybe she'll go blonde and people will start saying that she actually looks like my daughter hehehehehe. So funny when I first saw all the hair in her cot though. It would have freaked me out if my friend hadn't told me that it looks like really fine dog hair everywhere! Hehehehe. Well, I've done enough of a novel. Chat soon ladies xxxx Nik and Amy

G'day all,

Had our appt with the child nurse today for a weigh & measure.... drum roll...... Celeste is over 5kg now!!!!! Yay: she is 5.13kg and 59cm. She has grown 650g and 2cm in four weeks. I am sooo relieved! She is now even off the 10% now for weight.

On the down side, she still has excma and reflux and is waking 4hourly for feeds overnight again but she has 2 longish sleeps in the day now instead of napping (but she does just nap if we are out and about).

Nik, How funny that Amy's hair is only just falling out now, Celeste lost her hair around 4weeks and has it all back now. It came back blonder/redder so now she does look a little more like me. I think maybe 3people ever have said she looks like me! Maybe Amy will do the same... Dont they look so different with/without hair? Funny.

Congratulations April!!! So glad you had a great day and that the weather got its act together for you. How do I see your pics? I have only just joined facebook but dont know how to use it yet lol.

How are you doing Madelon? Hope your little man is feeling better now. How does a hernia fix itself? I feel for you being away from Sander. I worked one shift of 9hours and that was enough for me: I decided then that I couldnt go back to work. You must be a stronger person than me.

Had an excelent night with Celeste last night. She had a big afternoon sleep and then we had 2x 2hours awake with her in the evening which I dont usually get. I had a bath with her and she had a great time, splashing around everywhere. It was so nice to be in with her not just leaning in over the edge getting a back ache lol. She kind of swims around: cute. Then I read her stories and we played together. She is so interactive these days. I remember when she was 6weeks old and I was amazed at what she could do but now she can really "talk" and play with me.

Hello everyone else!!!! Hope you are all well.

Hugs from Sazz

Hello Ladies,

Sorry been MIA for a while. Been so busy with getting ready for our trip and weekends of catching up with one and all. NO excuse but there you have it. Ive spend the last hour sitting here reading how well all the bundles of joy are doing! So nice to read the little ones are growing and exploring their world.

Im no good at personals. And Joshua just started stirring again. So I better get cracking.

We are good. Been looking at the pic's of Josh when he was a newborn. MY GOODNESS the little man is growing fast. Im already thinking about baby 2! Not that I think i'm ready. Just missing the whole pregnancy experience. Which is funny really, considering how OVER it I was at the end!

Now I am just thinking and planning on what I need on the plane and overseas for Joshy. I always ALWAYS pack way too much. And im trying to be more smart about it this time.

Oh there is my boy's lungs!
    Hugs to all

Hey Everyone!

Thankyou all for your congrats comments. We had such a great day. We left Sunshine Coast this morning and we're now at Surfers Paradise.

Sazz: Yay for Celeste weighing over 5kg! You must be a very happy mummy. On facebook if you look up my name 'April Howard' it should come up. hehe facebook can get very confusing.

Tascha: Where are you going overseas? I know what you mean by over packing. You have to pack sooooo much more things now that you have a bub. I have had to do a few loads of washing Bodie's clothes over the past week because he needs to be changed a couple of times a day so went and brought him a few more singlets and things today because I was actually running out!

Anyways better get going, have got room service coming for dinner (too buggered to go out) hehe.

April & Bodie xo

April- Congratulations Mrs Howard, your photos are gorgeous!! no one would think you gave birth 4months ago. Glad the weather stayed fine for your special day. Nice one on the room service.

Sazz- WOOHOO Celeste is over 5kgs now.

Lunesoleil- Yeah the nurses at the place i go to are different some say i'm doing a good job and others are like the 1 we seen on Monday, i'm thinking of not going to the health nurse anymore and either take Sophie to the chemist or nurse at the dr's to get her weighed and measured. The nurses can be very patronising and assume you've done something wrong. They think because we're 1st time mums that we are dumb or stupid, we're not going to know everything jesus!. Sometimes you just cant be where your suppose to be when your suppose to be. It shouldnt matter what race you are. We arent in a mother's group, my SIL goes to the same health nurse place for her 9month old DD and she said next time i have to go get Sophie weighed/measured to ring her and she'll go with me.

Madelon- yeah i REALLY think these health nurses do more harm than good. Yeah the retail therapy was good made me feel heaps better and all Chris said to me was i'll meet you in the shop but dont spend all our money haha. I'm glad Sander is better, i didnt realise he was sick i really should read post more often.

Nik- Yea you've had your own problems with the health nurses havent you. I totally agree some are nice and some arent so nice. Sophie is following the 50% line, her length shes just dropped below it. I dont worry but when i go to the health nurses they make me worry, Sophie eats, sleeps, plays, talks and laughs so shes happy/healthy as far as i can see. Thanks for saying that about Sophie, she gets cutier everyday (i'm biased) Amy is a cutie as well, i hope she doesnt loose too much of her hair its gorgeous!!.

Well i'm off to find something for dinner, talk soon take care, HELLO to everyone else.

Helllllloooooooooo

have ya's missed me???????

NOOOOOO!!!!!

pmsl

Sorry ive been away, flat out with the kids, family reunion and work.

Kate - we have to ring each other soon....man ive been such a slack tart with everything. Im sitting here in my pj's and its 3.33 (OMG)

I hope your all well adn that your babies are all as beautiful as can be.

mateauz turns 4 months on thrusday. He is still in sz000, still in cloth nappies and still BF well. He is such a little chatter box.

Has anyone notice their babies watching them eat and get excited when the fork or spoon gets near their bubs? HMMMMM I think my little guy is trying to tell me something but he can dame well wait.

OK I suppose I should do something constructive (Do I have to????)

ETA - OMG April congrats honey. It sounded like you had the perfect day!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast