Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #8

Wow it's been pretty quite here!

Hehe Maz, I know how you feel, although I did get a shower and clothes on this morning!

I am pretty happy at the moment, Sander seems to be sleeping through the nights! He slept from 11.15 pm to 6.45 this morning! Did more or less the same yesterday sooo fingers crossed he will keep it up!

His christening was Sunday before last and he was an absolute angel! No crying or what soever. I put some new pics on facebook.

He's crying a bit more since yesterday, and not just sweet babycries, but really loud screams!! I think he's got cramps again (I thought I'd do the healthy thing and eat some more fruit) his moods are all over the place, from laughing to screaming. Don't know what's up with that. On the one hand, we're having heaps more fun and playtime whilst on the other it's harder to comfort him!

Is anyone else back at work yet? How do you juggle work and household and bubs?? Eventhough I have a dh who helps out heaps, I find it hard to find enough energy to do al the chores.

Have to go to the dentist tomorrow, my tooth cracked. (3rd time in 6 or so months...) Not looking forward to that really (no fan of dentists....

Well nothing more to report here. just hope everyone is fine!

Hope the new bride is enjoying herself!

Tascha, have fun in Holland, hope you will have the weather we have now! It's really sunny and warm!

yeah for all the bubs gaining enough weight (finally)

I cant complain about Mateauz sleeping...he's a 7.30pm until 7ish in the morning boy.

I dont have a 'job' so to speak Madelon, I have my own on line cloth nappy cover store so I do alot of sewing and my own book work from home. I just make sure my housework is done in the mornings, have fun with the kids through the day and leave my sewing mostly for night time when all 4 of them are in bed. If I have a really big order, I tell Jeremy that he has to look after the kids on the weekend so I can do a full day of sewing...but it never happens quiet to plan.
    The only thing I find hard to keep up with is the dame washing! hate it

Weere is everyone???????? dont rack off casue ive come back

Hi ladies!!!!

Not much news here. Amy has become a bit of a chatterbox (when she's happy that is!) in the past couple of days and has been putting her fists in her mouth a lot. I've been wondering when it would happen. She's also done a couple of noises like a laugh but I'm in denial....like I was with the smiles hehehe. Her hair has thinned right out. I hope it grows back soon!! We've upgraded her teats to the next size up finally and she seems happy. She's nearly finishing all her bottles now. I'm in shock! Might actually go up to the next amount of formula when we are supposed to!! I can't believe she's four months tomorrow. Shots tomorrow. Oh dear

Sazz - yay for celeste's weight gain!!!!!!! I don't really mind that Amy doesn't look like me. She has my dimples so she's definitely my little girl. I saw baby photos of Mark on the weekend and she is the spitting image of him when he was a baby except his nose was a lot bigger. I'm so glad she doesn't have that! Although Mark's nose didn't turn out big........hehehehe

Tascha - hope the packing went well! I'm not quite ready for baby 2 yet. Although if I happened to fall pregnant I wouldn't mind. I'm just not planning on it yet. Actually I don't know whether i will ever be ready. When it happens it will be the right time maybe.....

April - so good to meet you all on the weekend. Bodie is so handsome!!!

Jo - she'll catch up on her growth. Next spurt she'll probably go up a percentile!! Hehehe.

Maz - yay for our bubs reaching 4 months!! I haven't noticed Amy being interested in food as such. She's just always interested in what I'm doing full stop hehehe. Amy's still in 000 and will be for a while I think. She's in some 00 pj one suits but that's it. Amy sleeps from about 7pm until 5am but sometimes I might get a sleep in til 6am....I'm fine with that though. i used to get up early anyway.

Madelon - I have no idea, but maybe Sander is getting overtired?? As Amy has gotten older I've noticed that she tires really quickly cos she's so interested in everything and gets sooooooooooooooooo cranky and is quite hard to console. It took me ages to work out that all she needed to do was have a sleep. You've probably already thought of that so ignore me!! I hope things improve for him soon xx I'm not back at work yet....not sure when I'll go back. Maybe when we're both sick of penny pinching! Hehehe.

Ok I think I got everyone. Hope you and bubs are all ok xx Luv Nik and Amy

Just a quick pop in to wish all the Jan bubs a Happy 4th month birthday!!!!!!
    Ripley is doing good, weighs over 8kgs and is 64cm long. He turned 4mths Friday just gone and celebrated it by rolling from tummy to back

I hope your all doing fabulously! I can see by all the tickers that our Jan bubs have to be the best looking kids ever!

Hey Maz, you really think you scary enough to keep everyone from posting? It's really quiet atm huh!?
    Wow 4 kids and your own business you're a veteran! Still figuring out how to manage 1 kid and work! yeap the washing, that's a never ending story isn't it? I always wanted lotsa kids but i can't imagine the washing I will get then
    I will think of you whenever I feel like complaining!

Hey Nik, yeah I figured Sander might be too tired, but he has also trouble falling a sleep so that makes it extra dificult. and he has gas. Man the farts he lets out! Loads and smelly Poor little bugger, it must hurt. Funny thing is tho, they don't bother him as much when he's distracted (that means I have to keep him busy really, he doesn't like to be left alone, maybe because he's scared I will leave him to go to work)
    Those laughs are great aren't they? Sander has been laughing occasionally, so cute. But man are they growing up quickly. I would really love to do those 3 months over again. they are so tiny for such a short time.
    I really miss being pregnant and being a new mum (okay 3 months is prolly still pretty new) and I promised myself we can try again from August next year, when Sander can walk properly.

April, I tried to see your pics, but I couldn't! I won't give up tho, really curious what you looked like when you became a mrs!

Well I now have 2 days off and the weather is absolutely to die for!!! 23 degrees and lotsa son, so I am gonna enjoy that! Later everyone!

Billy Ocean Guest

Maz, I know, I feel terrible. I've been meaning to call - IOU! Might try this arvo if BTK sleeps! I swear yesterday he was going to grab my muffin off me. He was watching me eat it and his mouth was going flat out. pmsl!

I'm coming back later to catch up here. I can't believe how quiet it is. I kinda miss our belly buddy times...

x

Hey Everyone!

Back from the honeymoon... damn it! hehe We had a great time. Bodie was such a good lil boy although he didn't really sleep right through the night as usual but who could blame him being in a different cot and a different area. He was really good travelling too, he slept most of the way.

Nik: It was great to meet you & Amy too! How did Amy go with the shots today?

Madelon: With facebook I tried looking at your pics but it wouldn't let me. Weird. Maybe you could PM me your full name and I'll look it up. Or what girls are you friends with on here and maybe I could look you up through them? Hope your enjoying your 2 days off.

Maz: That's excellent Mateauz is sleeping from 7:30 to 7ish. Bodie sleeps through most of the time but wakes about 6.

Kate: Yeah it has been pretty quiet in here. Hope you & BTK are going well.

Jo: Awww thanks for the comment.

Better get going, little man just woke up.

xo

NIk - PMSL so does amy have a comb over aswell?? only joking but I agree, mateauz has lost so much ahir im finding it on his dummy after he spits it. Oh how I love the grins and cooes now...makes my heart melt. How did she go with her needles? I hate them...mateauz slept for a bit today (for a dame change) after them. How much does Amy weigh now matie?

Madelon - I was starting to think my smelly farts were keeping everyone away..rofl. I cant say Id do the last 4 months over again, to stressful....Im happy were my little man is today. He's been very sick and im just so happy that he is still alive.

Kate - Oh Bull$hit mate!!!! hahahahah you so were not going to call me!!! hahahah. Yep I agree....we all chatted heaps more before our darlings came didnt we...COME BACK EVERYONE!!!! Hey are you heading up this way any time soon

April - oh how wonderful that you had a great honeymoon......so will we be hearing about a BFP in a few months....*Maz ducking for cover*

annaT - how the hell are ya woman?

Hello veryone else...were ever your life is taking you at the moment I hope its fun and exciting.

Mateauz is 4 months tomorrow...I still cant believe it. We're of to the health nurse for the first time in 2 months. He was ment to have an u/s of his head and brain last saturday but the chick said she couldnt do it cause she didnt have all the information about the blood clots ect. So it look sl ike we may have to go back to Melbourne for another MRI in the future...
    dame it there's the phone

Hi ladies,

Not much to tell here. I went to clinic yesterday and Amy has put on a lot of weight over the last week so I'm never going to worry about her weight gain again. I think she's going through a growth spurt actually cos all of a sudden she's started almost finishing all her bottles. I like going to the info sessions at clinic but hate it at the same time because there are all these babies that are younger than Amy doing all these things that are advanced for their age and she's not even doing things that she should be doing at her age like rolling over and grabbing everything and putting it in her mouth. She's started putting her hands in her mouth all the time but just can't get the hang of grabbing something and putting it in her mouth. Oh well, what can you do?! I'm sure it'll happen eventually but the looks you get when your bub isn't doing what all the other bubs are doing makes you feel a little inadequate....or maybe it's all in my head!!! hhehehe

AnnaT - great to hear from you!!! Ripley is doing wonderfully!!!!! Yay!!!!! So glad to hear it :-)

Madelon - Amy went through a phase where her farts rivalled DH's!!!! I couldn't believe how loud they were!! Hehehehe. Poor Sander. I hope he feels better soon. It's awful when they're uncomfortable and you can't do much to ease it for them. To be totally honest, I don't miss the first 3 months at all. I'm loving this age. Amy is so much more robust, the feeding is going so well and I don't have to be so precious about her anymore. Then again, the first 3 months weren't much fun for me and I couldn't relax in being a mother....maybe the next one will be better. We want to have our next earlier rather than later, so I was thinking today that maybe we can start trying in a couple of months.....I know some people would say that we're crazy but I think I may as well do it while I'm young. We're only going to have two so why not!? Plus I haven't got my period back yet so it could take a while. You just never know........;-)

Kate - I miss our BB time too. I wish everyone still had time......

April - Amy was fine with her shots. I just gave her Panadol every four hours and things have gone well, thank goodness. Is it good to be home?

Maz - Amy has always had a side part which will soon look like a comb over for sure!! Hahahaha. I have visions of the guy off the Godfreys ad. He has the most extreme comb over I have ever seen. Hehehhee. Amy weighs 6.32kg!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy. I put her in Crawler nappies yesterday cos we nearly had a poo blow out at clinic. The bigger ones look much more comfy for her. I hope Mateauz's scan goes ok. I can't believe they are 4 months either. Just amazing. I read your thread on the BF. Those clinic nurses can be so awful. I really hope everything has improved and you've found some supportive advice rather than the type of advice that just makes you feel like everything you've done is wrong. You've achieved so much Maz and I just don't know how you do it. Be proud of what you have achieved. Mateauz is just gorgeous xxxx

Oh yeah, that's right. I had my follow up GTT the other week and have been avoiding getting my results. I got a phone call from the doc saying that there is an abnormality with my results and I need to go for an appointment next Tuesday. Cross your fingers that I don't have Type 2 diabetes ladies. I had a bad feeling about it cos I'd never had a test done before I was pregnant. Who's to say it hasn't always been there?? I'm trying not to stress. What can you do anyway!? Hopefully it's nothing though. Will let you know how I go xxxx Luv Nik and Amy

oh Nik Ive got my fingers crossed that you dont have type 2. I had GDD with Vyolett butnot with Mateauz which the doctors all found strange...ah just one of those things.

Mateauz weighs 5070grams and is 62 cm long...he is such a smallf ry

ah there goes Vy cracking up

Hi everyone,

Funny, you all wondering whether bubs is growing enough. I'm keeping my fingers crossed Sander isn't getting too big! He's growing like mad. At 3 months he was 62cm and 6820 gr....Thank God it had slowed down somewhat last time he was weighed. I guess it's a mothers second nature, to worry about her kid(s).

Hey Nik, not funny the thought of having diabetes. Hope everything works out for you!

Ah yep, bubs hair! Sander was bold on the top of his head for a while, with really long hair on the sides and in his neck. Thank goodness his "top"hair is back and the long hair is slowly replaced by new proper hair.

oohh it's getting busy here at work, so no rest for the wicked and I will have to come back later!
    Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi Ladies,

I have been lurking here but mainly writing in the Feb thread seeing as my little girl decided to arrive in Feb. But all of my Jan belly buddies are here.
    You know there is now a Jan 09 Belly buddy thread going. A little sad because that used to be ours!
    Madelon- Amber at her 2 month check up was 61cm and just over 6000 grams. She is a big strong girl!
    Maz- Your little boy looks like such a cheeky fella. A handsome one too. Its great that he is thriving along now. How are the other kids with him?
    Nik- Hopefully your diabetes tests are all ok. Amy is a gorgeous little girl. She has great genes! i too would like my kids reasonably close together. But I dont think I will be over my birth for awhile so we will see.

Hello to everyone else in here.
    Well my Amber has finally reached the 12 week mark. She was born so long after everyone else was having their kids. I was left all alone in our belly buddy thread for awhile!
    She is going well. Being big she has been wearing 00 for some time now. Will probably be in 0's before we know it! I am still BF her and we are going well. She is smiling and is starting to laugh more and more. She is also holding onto her toys for longer and is taking a fascination for the pets.

A big hello to everyone. I still lurk but am slack with the typing.

Hey Yummie Mummies!

Ive just noticed that the newest belly buddies will be January 2009!!! It will be a year since we found out Joshy was coming on the 14th!!!!! My goodness the year has gone fast! We are flying out on that night. And planning on having a little wine to celebrate the year that has been.

HUGS to all.
    Tascha and Joshy

Hi everyone,

Have been reading the email updates regularly but not managing to come and write a reply!
    So good to hear everyone is going great.

Nik, Amy is going fabulous dont worry about anything. She is meeting all her own milestones, you dont need to compare her to anyone!

Maz, So wonderful to hear how great Matty is doing. I hope the new round of tests go well and the scans show continued improvement.

April, CONGRATULATIONS on getting married. The photos look fabulous, you look fabulous especially considering you just had a baby!!

Hi Madelon, Kate, Tascha, Jen and everyone else lurking!!

So our update is, we went to the paediatrician this week. Addy will continue on reflux medication till 6 months when we start solids, she is doing much better on that. She is 7.03kg and 65cm long so that is all good. SHe chats and gurgles and giggles constantly. Hasnt rolled yet. Still barely sleeps in the day (catnaps) but only wakes once in the night for a feed which I am happy with. We are still fully breastfed and unfortunately for me, she has decided not to have the bottle (EBM) when I am away for a couple of hours so I am in demand when I return to her.
    I have managed to go to the movies once and two concerts without her which is a very weird but nice too evening!

But all in all we are going great!!

Till next time,
    Hugs
    Mary

HAPPY 1ST MOTHERS DAY EVERYONE!!!
    Hope you all had a lovely day and got spoilt by your bub's. We went over my mum & dads for a family lunch then came home and lounged around. We got some professional pics from our wedding today. Will put some up in my BB gallery and facebook. My uncle did the photography and he did a great job.

Maz: No I don't think you'll be hearing about me getting a BFP for a long time! hehe I think we'll wait a couple more years yet. How about you?

Nik: That's great news about Amy's weight. I wouldn't worry about other people's bub's, i saw with my own eyes she is doing just great!

Hi Jen! Glad to hear you and Amber are well.

Mary: Awww thanks for the comment. I think the dress made me look slimming hehe. Bodie is 7.1kg so nearly the same as Addy!

Tascha: I can't believe the belly buddies thread are up to Jan 09. Brings back memories, around this time I was throwing up every morning! haha

Anyway's better get going and put some pics up.

Hugs to all!

April & Bodie xo

Smile

Happy mothers day everyone
    wow one year ago I was getting the much wished for , so it's actually my 2nd mothers day! Last year I became a mum in the making hehe. Best mothers day present I will ever get. Although waking up with Sander sleeping next to me this morning was priceless too!

I hope you all had a really relaxing day!

Hey Apes, great pics of your wedding day! Still can't view them via your link in your signature tho, really weird. You were a very beautiful bride.

Tascha. OMG you're almost leaving for Holland! Must be a pretty special moment when Joshua meets his opa! Heel veel plezier en een goede reis!

Nothing much here really, working, household and bubs are pretty much wearing me out.
    Really tired don't know how other mums do it, this juggle.
    It's really hot here atm (28 degrees) and Sander won't go to sleep untill 10.30 pm so no resting up for me in the evenings either.

O well beter get back to work again (hehe free internet acces at work and no one watching me is the only perk here )

Hey Everyone

Sorry i havent been posting much, i have bee reading though and theres been so many posts i cant remember anything. I've started reading books again something i rather enjoy, Chris said i'm a nerd

I went and got Sophie weighed and measured at the dr's yesterday and she is now 6.2kgs and 60cm long & her head is now 40cm. I took SIL with me as Chris was working, SIL mentioned the health nurse and her problem with Sophie head to the nurse and she said Sophie is doing great REALLY alert and she asked if she lays down alot and i said well she does but only because she loves her sleep and cracks it on her tummy after 5-10mins.

The nurse suggested next time i go to the health nurse ask her to feel her own head because she said she bet it wont be perfect. She also said all babies have a flat spot and they work themselves out and to not stress/worry about it. The nurse was carrying Sophie while she did stuff she didnt seem to mind as Sophie was giggling, looking around and talking the whole time we were there.

I got my 1st cervical cancer vaccine yesterday and it hurt as much as any other needle hurts but OMG i couldnt sleep on my right side like i do sometimes and still today it aches a little bit, theres just a little bruise/redness from where she jabbed me.

As i've said elsewhere I got NOTHING for mother's day and boy was i not impressed but Chris just doesnt understand although Sophie is too little to understand it meant something to me, still annoyed about it i've confiscated Chris' new golf shoes until he buys me my new printer, until then the shoes are ransom

Well thats a long enough selfish post, i'll try and come back more often and post.

Hello Ladies... sorry to burst in on your thread but I have a question about wind and pains and when it all stops!!!!.. I heard that it may be around the 3 month mark - which is why I am asking you all. My bubs Lila has been suffering pains for the last 4 weeks now and today it has become really hard. My question is when did this stop for you or does it stop? Have any of you 'reached the other side'? Good or bad I need to know..I just hate to see my baby like that.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast