Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #8

Bodie's turned 6 months today!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LITTLE MAN! xoxoxoxoxoxo

~Belinda~ Guest

Hey Girls

HAPPY 6 MONTHS to Bodie!
    HAPPY 5 MONTHS Joshua!
    HAPPY 5 MONTHS Billy B!
    Mary, that's great about solids with your little one.
    Tascha, good to hear you are both well.
    Vic, well done Punky on the teeth!

Hope everyone is great, things here are good, trying to get Madeleine into a good sleeping routine but not stressing about it anymore, am trying comfort sleeping as it's a nice gentle approach.

Love Belinda and Madeleine xx

Happy 6 months every-little body!! We will be there soon!!

Good luck with the comforted sleeping Bindy, glad you are feeling more relaxed about it all.

Punky has only just started to sleep all the time unwrapped - she used to sleep ok occasionally at night unwrapped but never during the day, twice yesterday though I went in to find her on her tummy with her legs sticking through the cot rails! Had to take pictures of course lol. She's loving playing with her toes etc when she wakes up & I'm loving the extra time I get to stay in bed before she wants me hehehe.

Hello ladies

another slack tart here...hope everyone is well. Look at how much these gorgeous babies of ours have grown. WOW

Im sorry ive been so slack...well its not actualyl being slack, I find it hard to read how well everyone's babies are doing sometimes when we are behind IFYKWIM..please dont take that the wrong way.....but it can be a bit depressing at times.

mateauz is doing well and his physio is astounded to how well he is actually going. she told me it wont be until he is 12 months old that we will actually have a proper picture of how much his Cerabal palsey has effected him. He is still weak on his left hand side but not as bad as he first was. He is just staring to roll onto his side and favours it right hand side more then anything. He grabs at stuff and is starting to like his tummy time. He can hold his head up in small doses but then it gets to much and its back onto his back. I cant handle him crying...it kills me. I think he has been through enough without having to cry in pain. He is only little...he'd be only about 6 kg (Im going to weigh him shopping tomorrow ). He sleeps well...from 7 until 7 but has been wkaing the last 2 nights so im taking it he's having a growth spurt. He eats lunch and tea and has one bottle of formula at night. Other then that he still is BFing although it can be tough with his tongue (CP kids have a larger tongue and can find BF harder) and we usually fight and scream until thinks hit their groove. I bribe him with a dolip of honey on my nipple and he takes it easier

Anyway enough of my crapola. Going back to read and catch up on everyone. Vic I cant wait until monday to finally meet you babe. I am so looking forward to it....even Kate and Jen are going to stalk outside hehehehheh

ok be good people

~Belinda~ Guest

Vic, I use a grobag, works great. Glad Punky is sleeping better at night though.

Maz, I am so glad Mat is doing so well. He sounds like a little trooper, so glad he is rolling a bit now.
    Last edited by ~Belinda~; June 29th, 2008 at 09:01 PM.

OH my god i havent been on here for ever!! been catching up with a few of the girls in facebook though !
    From the little bit i have read, everyones bubbas seem good! Jay is great, started him on farex the other day, god he scoffs it down lol loves it! About a month ago he weighed 7.9kgs, lil chubba lol! And hes in 00 clothes now, god they grow up so quickly!! And hes rolling over as well, thinks hes the best when he does lol... i will put a few recent photos in my gallery... if there still is one, i just looked up and i cant see the link for it
    Hope everyones well
    xx
    **edit** put a few photos up in my gallery
    Last edited by _JeSs_; June 28th, 2008 at 02:06 PM.

~Belinda~ Guest

Jess, great to hear from you. Glad Jaylen is doing so well, they certainly do grow up quickly!!
    I will PM you about your address on facebook, I am on it too!
    Last edited by ~Belinda~; June 28th, 2008 at 02:20 PM.

Hey everyone!

Maz: don't wanna worry you but as far as I know bubs aren't allowed ANY honey untill after their 1st birthday. There's a chance of them getting botulism which can be life treatening!

Billy Ocean Guest

Isn't that what sailors used to get?

Wasn't that scurvy Kate?! Botulism does sound pretty sinister and/or medieval though.... I read that too about the Honey, but figured Maz has 'been there, done that' with 3 before hand.

Bbrrrr... sooooo cold here today - stoopid pilot light went out on the heater & have been trying to light it for ages...!! It says to hold the button down for 15 seconds - longer if it goes out the first time... my limit is about 3-4 MINUTES & the bloody thing still goes out!!! Grrrrrrrr!!

~Belinda~ Guest

Someone in my family used to put honey on their baby's dummy years ago and they were ok so never heard of botulism...sounds sinister I agree with Vic!

s361768 Guest

Hi Ladies

Botulism is what they inject into all the movie stars and celebs faces to keep them wrinkle free and smooth as a baby's bot bot. Otherwise Clostridium botulinum is a bacterium found in the environment (even in your vacumn cleaner) and rarely causes a problem but it can do if aspirated (it is one of the most dangerous neurotoxins and can cause botulism). And yes honey can potentially contain botulinum...

Maz an altenative to honey would be a bit of sweetened yoghurt, I don't think there is any lactose in the yoghurt because it has all been broken down by the bacteria in the whole yoghurty transforming process. I just tried a little Greek yoghurt today with Francis and he liked it.

So...Hi everyone I hope everyones bubs are doing well. By the looks of the little pictures in the signatures it looks like they are all smiles. Very Cute!!!

Francis is still booby feeding...problem is without the meds for lactation my supply dries up a couple of days after I stop the meds and then he is hungry and I have to start topping him up on formula at the end of the day. So I am taking the meds for the recommended 4 weeks. I have lost count how long I have been taking them. I was never instructed by the doctor how to take them as she didn't have a clue, but she prescribed them because the health nurse recommended them to me. I know you have to wean off them but I have no idea how to do that either. Geez "mothercraft" advice from the med experts can be really slack

Francis isn't rolling yet but I don't trust him and his wiggly ways so he has two cushions surrounding him on the bed if I have to leave the room. He is smiling heaps and blowing raspberries. He likes to grab for everything too. He has Farex in the morning and at night sometimes either that or a stewed fruit. Some days he may not ask for solids but that depends on my supply, if I can keep up with him, he generally just has the Farex in the morning. I feel like I have done my best to continue breastfeeding and I am proud of my efforts so I am not sad that he has started solids two months too early - the health nurses frown upon it. But I am happy that he is gaining some weight and that is all that matters.

I start back at uni this week. I have had a great time chilling out with my new baby. Now I have to hit the books again and not all my attention will be on Francis I feel a little sad.

Better get to bed now and try to close my eyes for a couple of minutes before Francis wakes up for his feed.

Check in soon
    Love Karen
    xxoo

Billy Ocean Guest

Vic, you better get that heater going or we'll have to bring ice picks tomorrow!

Ah, botulism, scurvy, it's all bad! Do you think if they inject some scurvy into me I'll lose weight? hmm...

Billy Ocean Guest

OMG, my name is BILLY OCEAN!

Caribbean Queen... la la la

RE the honey - yes ive had 3 other babies so I think I know what im doing...plus my little man is a hungry and as I researched before hand - honey is good for the blood which my little man does need. Im happy to use it and after having a goldern staf infection and menigicolise...well do I need to go on!
    Kate, Jen and VIc - it was so good to finally put your faces iwth your names...All your baqbies are absolutely gorgeous and you should all be proud of how beautiful they are. your all fantawstic mums and are donig a fabulous job. Keep up with the great work! Meet ups can be very overwhelming and im sorry if I wandered off to chat to others. You can all beat me up afterwards.
    Its our last night here at my inlaws and the kids have been having a fantastic time. Its been really relaxing and my inlaws have been fabulous. Back home to the grumpy husband and dad tomorrow

chat soon girlies

Hey lovely ladies!

Maz, love that piccy- shakngthat ass!! LOL! Matty is doing so well!

Kate, Billy Ocean- maybe its only us old girls who will remember him!! Sammy says hi to Ocean by the way!

Watching state of origin so wont stay and play.

We are good- hugs to all!

Mary and Addie

Yes, I've been really slacko too but have been busy, busy watching & posting sometimes,lol. on our f/book thread!

Karen- yep you certainly got to watch the bubs now you just dont know when they will start to get the urge to turn on over to see what thats all about!

All our bubs are feeding on the solids now?? Maybe not Francis being only 4 mths. I didn't start Jackson until her was 5 mths or so & he is just loving it the little Piggy! LOL.

Stay well everyone!

~Belinda~ Guest

Hey Girls,

HAPPY 6 MONTHS to my little girl yesterday!!

Karen, good to hear Francis is doing well.

BillyOcean, hahahaha, I must admit, I loved his music when I was younger. Loved "when the going gets tough", OMG.

Maz, sounds good, you are a very experienced Mumma!

Mary, how's little Addie going?

Hindonly, Madeleine on solids yep but not at night, I found it was disrupting her sleep a bit and then I stopped and she was better.

We're on Day 7 of a new sleep and settle routine and it's working well. We've had some hiccups but we've been consistent and it's going great. Madeleine is now self settling, sometimes I have to go back in to her and turn her over and pat her bum but walk straight out when she is settled again. She drops off to sleep herself and is getting better. This is a kid who wouldn't even go in her cot since birth!

Everything else well here, she is putting feet in mouth and babbling away a lot, almost saying "Dadda" and when on tummy, gets up on her hands. I pout at her and say "kiss mummy" lately and she'll move my way with an open mouth, it's funny to watch. She sits up well now too and doesn't fall sideways much at all. She is also 10kgs and almost a Size 1, such a chubba bubba. I've recently been shopping on ebay and bought a bit bulk pack of pre-loved clothing (32 items - Size 1) for spring/summer for $50, what a bargain. Some items still have tags on them and are Pumpkin Patch/Espirit and Sprout. Also bought her $6 Cotton On PJ's from there and a Grobag, she loves sleeping in her Grobag.

Anyway, take care everyone and keep enjoying your Bubbas

Love Belinda and Madeleine xx

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast