Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #9

Default Babies Born January 2008 #9

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in January 2008.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The Previous thread is here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...-2008-8-a.html

OH my god. Amy is six months old today. I can't believe it!

Maz - I know what you mean. I was thinking exactly the same thing. Amy does that when I'm having a conversation with somebody too. It's just the cutest thing. I have to keep reminding myself not to worry about what Amy is or isn't doing. It's hard not to though when all babies around you are doing things that your bub isn't. But you can't do anything about it! So not worth worrying about.

About the breast feeding, at least you could do it for as long as you did. Keep on telling yourself that. I heard an awful story at clinic the other day where one lady's little boy had such a traumatic birth that his jaw got dislocated on the way out. Even once it was reset he couldn't suck at all so had to be fed through a tube. She got such bad mastitis that she had to be operated on and physically couldn't breastfeed. Another baby at clinic the other day was born without her oesophageal flap and therefore cannot eat the conventional way. She's at the age now where she's learnt too that eating hurts so refuses to eat even when they try. She needs an operation to rectify it. She has always been fed through a tube but they are thinking of putting a tube through her stomach so she doesn't have the tube on her face. There is always someone worse off. I'm not putting this here to make any less of your experiences. Just putting them here because it made me realise when I was having all our feeding dramas that things could be so much worse and really I was blessed to feed Amy even just the little bit that I could. Ok I'm getting off my soapbox now too sorry

After all that, I'm going to go and hide in a corner. I hope I didn't offend anyone....not my intention at all. I was just in awe of how these women coped when I'm an absolute mess because my milk had disappeared. Wanted to share their stories.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day xx

oh Nik that just bought a tear to my eye. those poor ladies trying so hard only to be knocked down so to speak.
    mateauz has been bf better the last few days. he always seems to go off it when I ovulate or when AF is here...milk must taste different. Im spewing cause I know so many woman that dont get their AF when tehy BF and I got mine back when he was 3 months old

Happy 6 months Amy honey..I cant believe how quick its gone! My eldest is 8 on wednesday...8! I could just cry cause I remember him as a new born so clearly. Mateauz and him look very simular at this age and it just breaks my heart that its going to quickly

Hope eveyrone is well and that your all rugged up. Its raining here atm...god aweful nappy drying weather

Billy Ocean Guest

HAPPY 6 MONTHS AMY!

Lots of love Billy, Ocean & Kate
    x

mateauz was my fourth attempt at BF...and I dont want it to stop. I feel like he is slipping away from me further and further with the lesser bf's he's having. I feel a closer connection to him then any of my other 3 children. My mum is the one who kept telling me to formula feed him....it is the most horrible thing in the world to have someone in your ear...especially a relative about bf. The first thing my mum says if mateauz is having a bad day is ' have you got enough milk'...wtf????

ahhhh I think I need a wine

Hello again

Have the previous posts been deleted?? I meant to reply yesterday but got busy and didn't get a chance to until now.

Interesting debate about bF ladies...Karen, I totally can see where you are coming from. I worked so hard to breastfeed DD right from the start. I endured bleeding nipples (due to attachment issues), suffered through severe acne for the first 3.5 months after DD's birth (all gone now thank God!) where I had to choose between going on medication to clear the acne or BF, and now I'm working full-time but had to spend ALL of my breaks in the sick room expressing for DD. A lot of mothers I know in my situation would have given up already due to lifestyle choices, but I haven't because I fully understand and appreciate the benefits of BM.

HOWEVER, most of my relatives and friends are FF, and like you, I downplay the fact that I'm BF for fear that they think that I'm rubbing it in their faces. All but one friend did not try very hard to BF - they see FF as easier - and so i am questioned all the time as to why I'm still BF. And you know what? I HATE it. Why should I have to justify MY choice to BF when I'm not so much allowed to even mention them FF for fear I might upset them?? It p*sses me off so badly.

Oh, I also do a lot of things they don't approve off, such as co-sleeping, and wearing DD, so to them I'm the hippie mum

Maz, my MIL says that to me all the time!!! if DD is unsettled after a feed, she says DD is not full from my BM and that she needs a bottle.

Karen I reckon you have taken what Kate said totally out of context. She was not saying BOO HOO you can BF and she cant. I think (and correct me if I am wrong Kate) that she was still saying that Francis will still need and love his mummy no matter what. Mummies are special people! Perhaps reread her comments.
    I still BF and so what... every parent does what they can to keep their babies healthy.
    I applaud every one of you in your own individual ways for what you are doing for your kids.....

Billy Ocean Guest

Wow. What a lovely way to start my day!

Jen, you hit the nail on the head. Thank you.

Billy Ocean Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cherryblossum View Post
    Hello again

Have the previous posts been deleted?? I meant to reply yesterday but got busy and didn't get a chance to until now.
    Cherryblossum, once we get to a certain number of posts in one thread, they start a new one. There is a link to the previous thread in the first post of this new one. Hope that helps.

karen - maybe you should come over to the breast feeding support forum. Barb is over there to offer great advice and the girls over there are all in the same boat. there is also a forum for gender dissapointment here on BB as well.

I think its lovely that we are so passionate about things but sometimes when are views are read by others, they dont come accross the way that you feel. Bit of a double edged sword.

We really need to be understanding of each other's feelings, whether we are mum's already or first time mums. There are a few girls here suffering from PND. I myself wouldnt feel comfortable if I made someone feel worse about their mothering skills.

I personally get upset with simple little things as my little man has cerabal palsey. It is very hurtful to read how well everyones children are doing when you know your child is delayed...yet I know that no-one is trying to hurt me and its my own stupidity that allows me to feel this way. Its then that I step away and go into other sections in respect to the other girls. Everyone here has been so supportive of us and I want to thank each and every one of you. I have days were I read posts wrong and could go of the deep end at the poster but I know my better judgement that the girls have written what they have out of support not to be hurtful or tackless.

Good morning everyone!

Hi to Cherryblossom welcome! As I have said to Lunesoleil I love the name Amelie!! It was on my shortlist (we went for a family name instead!!) She looks beautiful.

Deep breathe and release the tension in here.....!

I am a proud breast feeding mamma and I know exactly how Karen feels in terms of sadness in slowing down feeding- actually it was my comment that started the whole discussion a few days ago! I have been made to feel bad about being able to breastfeed at times. Even here in this thread when everyone was having troubles, I felt completely unable to even mention breastfeeding and this saddened me. But I did not take Kates comments in the same way as Karen, I appreciate that she was referring to the fact that our journey changes and our bubs will be requiring us for different purposes from now on!! Thats exciting for us first time Mums- we really have no idea what we are in for......!!

I have a mothers group where 5 of us meet, all first time Mums all breastfeeding and it has been great, but we still do things slightly differently anyway- routines, comp feeding, solids intro, I demand feed. It is still so diverse but supportive. Its really great to see how others do things.

Now, what was it in the last thread I wanted to reply to...
    Oh Punky, I hope you are doing wonderfully and have stopped freaking your mum out. I have seen Addie lying quite still with her eyes open, when she is very tired, but luckily I have been nearby at the time- instead of walking into the room and seeing her like that. It would freak me out too.

Forgot to say I went to the Baby, pregancy, child expo here in Brisbane last week it was really good but very tiring for Addie, she got way too overstimulated.

Anyway, fly home to Brisbane later today, holiday over! Will chat later
    Hugs
    Mary and Addie

Ditto Jen Exactly what you said. Kate hasn't a mean bone in her body & certainly wasn't trying to make it sound the way you took it Karen... I do a bit of both bottle & Bf & I know what you are getting across
    There is certainly such a closeness that can be felt whilst b/fing & I guess this is why I decided to do a bit of both rather than just go with the bottle. And hes quite happy with the arrangement too!LOL.

Deep breathing ladies We're all friends here & certainly no one wants to offend the other I'm sure. Things can be taken out of context easily when you aren't face to face with someone!

Take it easy

Hello to all the lovely mumma's and bubs,

Breastfeeding for me and Joshua is almost a thing of the past. I noticed while overseas that he just wasn't happy anymore with a boobie feed. I tried really hard to keep going on just the breastmilk. It sure was not my plan to need to look for solids and formula in a country where I was not familiar with the products. Joshua was asking for food almost every 2 hours. DAY or NIGHT. So by the time we where in our last 2 weeks and in Dubai with my parents I called it enough. I was exhausted and just generally OVER IT! I love to feed him as mother nature intended, and after all the problems I had with it in the first 3 weeks... (no thanks to the breasfeeding nazi's !!!!) I feel truly blessed to have been able too. As I wished to do for so long.

So when the little man was 4.5 months old he got his first solid feed of rice cereal with formula. And I haven't looked back. The little trooper LOVED it soooooo much. He ate a HUGE amount the very first time!

As the weeks progressed I am still feeding him breastmilk. Just very little. And I will keep giving what I got for as long as I got it! I feel the loss, but more in the way that the little man is growing up. I am liking the freedom of being able to go out without a 4 hour MAX window. (could not express enough) But the extra work of cleaning and disinfecting bottles is sure no fun!

I have been a firm believer that every mumma and bubba have their own right to choose their way. BF or FF... its really no-one else's business. We all have our opinions, and ive had my fair share of people who put their opinion on me. I respect them for having it, but went the way that felt right for me and my baby in the end.

Sorry for the soapbox moment. But as ive read in previous posts.. its a sensitive issue.

Wishing Mary and Addie a safe flight home!!! We missed you!! Look forward to catching up over that cuppa really soon!!

Hugs Tascha and Joshua

to change the topic now

Happy 6 months to my little guy Mateauz!!!!

I love you to the moon and back little guy. YOu make waking up in the morning such a delight with your ever present smile and laughter. I love the way you flap your arms and legs in excitment when I come near you and I love the wya you grab my face and kiss me with your big open mouth.

I also love the fact that your proving the doctors wrong everyday.

Stay strong little man

love your mama

Happy 6 Months Mateauz!!!!

Wishing you a happy and healthy future!

Congrats to your Mama and family!

Billy Ocean Guest

HAPPY 6 MONTHS MATEAUZ
    Lots of love Billy, Ocean & Kate
    x

Happy 6 mths Mateauz!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast