Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #9

im another slacker here...busy and all but no excuse

WE to go through alot of names for mateauz.

We get Mah - toouz alot not his name at all..its Ma - Tea - Az. It annoys the crapolas out of me to but I just prepronounce his name back to the person who says it wrong. I also make sure that I say it like Ive spelt it up above and infront of everyone to make them look like an arse. Well if their going to act like one...may as well treat them like one. For those who dont say it properly I think its just plain lazyness and ignorance towards your feelings. Oh I get it with Wilhelm aswell.. we get Liam and william all the time grrrrrr

hmm what else...had our appointment with the pead yesterday
    have put up a post here
    http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/woo-...-new-post.html

all in all according to the u/s taken last week - there are no signs of brain damage at all. he has a perfectly healthy normal brain! big woo hoo here atm. He weighs 6.2kg and is vertually off his bb's which is a little sad but hey 6 months of it is better then nothing at all.

cherry - your better of waiting for fruit until she has teeth and knows how to chew. YOu can in the mean time get one of those food net things that tommee tippy make that let you put fruit in and the baby can chew it without it actually allowing big chunks to go into her mouth. I think from memory they are about $7

ahh better go....mateauz is asleep and Vy wants some mummy time

cherry - they say that you should try one meal a day to start but I decided to offer it three times a day to start with. It took us a week and a half before Amy would start to take it. She HATED rice cereal and it made her chukky so I only gave it to her twice and tried pumpkin. She really liked that. I would get her used to vegies first and then try the sweeter stuff cos they are always going to like the sweeter stuff. I puree everything but I give Amy small pieces of banana and avocado. I feed her though. I'll eventually give her pieces to feed herself but I don't feel like she's ready yet. Amy now has brekky (some multigrain cereal stuff rafferty's garden, apricot and banana flavour) and I offer her vegies for lunch (I've made up a mix of pumpkin, sweet potato, carrot and beans but she's not the biggest fan hehehe) and then some fruit for afternoon tea unless she didn't want the vegies for lunch and then I offer her vegies again. HTH. I'm no expert but that's what is working for us so far :-)

Maz - I'm so ignorant. I didn't realise that was how you pronounced Mateauz's name....I thought it was Matoouz as well sorry I much prefer your pronunciation.

Billy Ocean Guest

HAPPY HALF BILLY B!
    You have made me a better person and I love you more than words could ever say.
    x
    HAPPY 6 MONTHS SOPHIE LOUISE
    Love Billy, Ocean and Mummy
    x

HAPPY 6MONTHS (half birthday) TO SOPHIE LOUISE XOX Mummy & Daddy

HAPPY 6MONTHS (half birthday) TO BTK!! XOX Jo, Sophie & Chris

Maz: i knew how to pronounce Mat's name because i remember you telling us how to pronounce it.

The last 2 days Sophie has been moving herself around the loungeroom floor whichever way she can, and has started rolling over and over as well.

Billy Ocean Guest

OK, Maz, got it now. Smack me if I get it wrong please. I HATE when people pronounce things incorrectly. Grrr...

BTK sat up all by himself for quite a while today. Yay! Nice for him and his half day. My friend in Ireland gave birth to a little boy today too. Paul. 7lb 9oz. So, how handy. They are exactly 6 months apart...

Hope everyone's great.

x

Hello everyone~
    Happy 6 mths to those who have turned 6 mths!! Including my beautiful bub Amelie last Friday!

Solids...
    NikW - I read your post on the solids talk about how Amy's not eating the rice cereal nor the pumpkin?
    Amelie's the same... initially I wasn't sure whether it was the taste she didn't like or whether she didn't know how to swallow yet...
    I went to ECHC for 6 mth check up and nurse told me to make the food interesting so I tried mixing pumpkin & sweet potato w/ rice cereal... she still didn't eat it...and tonight we tried just the pumpkin & sweet potato and she still won't eat...!!

I'm just wondering may be she's not ready?
    Also she's abit whingey cuz of teething... the nurse said it'll be a while before they pop out tho...but I can see the bud inside the gum...
    May be teething & trying solids don't mix?

How's everyone else going with trying solids?

Am shows all the signs of being interested... starring when we eat.. following with her eyes where the spoons go etc etc...but when we put the food in her mouth it's like "bleah" and just comes back right out and she tries to suck her hand instead.. which makes a huge mess

Oh good thing from ECHC visit was that now Am's in 50th percentile!.. 7.2kg... woohoo!!

Hope you guys have a good weekend!!

Hey Everyone, got Sophie weighed and measured this morning plus she had her shots and at 6months she weighs 7600grams, she is 66cm in length and her HC is now 43cm so since i got her weighed a month ago Sophie has put on 710gram, grown 4cm and her head is 3cm bigger so she is growing very well.

Solids are going great, Sophie has breakfast, lunch and dinner, so far she hasnt refused anything only thing is if she hasnt been too keen on something she just doesnt eat it all. Sorry i'm not much help with solids.

Happy 6 months JOSHUA!! (for last friday!)

Happy 6 months to all .. for past and for those yet to come.

Maz... I know how you feel in regards to pronouncing names. My full name is Natascha, and people get THAT wrong!!! That's just the spelling!! I have a very dutch maiden name.. and in High School at awards for example, the call me up saying " Natascha..... what ever your name is!!!!!" My parents where NOT happy!! All we heard as immigrants was how we had to correct the way we said things. Then found that so many wouldn't even TRY and say our name or last name!! SO FRUSTRATING!

Joshy is getting HUGE!! He weighed in at a hevty 8.7 Kilo's ( a jump of 1.5 kilo's in a month and a half!! ) My arm gets sore in no time at all when I hold him!

Solids.... Josh has been happy eating solids since about 4.5 months. And going well. He gets at least 2 meals a day. Occasionally 3. Being a typical boy.. NOT picky AT ALL! Eats it all without complain. We have tried a wide variety.. but now im making it all myself. SO that limits the selection some what. He loves pumpkin, cauliflower, carrots, peas, apple, pear, and of course rice cereal!
    Any of those in combination is usually what he eats. But because Im driving my DH too and fro work ( long story! ) I have struggled to be in a routine with the solids.

Josh is up.. Till next time!

Hi all!

We are doing well. 6 month immunisations past with only a couple of days of irritability and clinginess!

Generally having 3 meals a day now, these have been
    Oat cereal and apple for breakfast
    yoghurt and banana for lunch
    vegies and chicken for dinner
    I also give her a net feeder of melon once a day which she loves.
    This week I am going to introduce apricots and maybe beef.
    Still breast feeding in between, but these are reducing in amount and frequency
    We were sleeping through the night last week, but now has another cold and woke twice last night all snuffly. Oh well, poor mite has sneezed all day and has a little cough.

So hope all is well, have had a busy day housework while DH looked after the little one. Better go
    Hugs

Hi everyone

Thanx for the advice re the solids. I made carrots & leek puree for A on Saturday. She seemed to spit some of it out,and her face was smeared with orange bits, but the bowl was eventually finished. It was about 30ml. I also bought the Tommee Tippee net thing (what's it called? can't be bothered to find it to find out!) so i'm going to give her carots, pear or melon tomorrow or something.

Because she seemed to be eating well, I'm now giving her 2 meals a day.

HAPPY HALF-BIRTHDAY TO EVERYONE'S BUBS WHO'VE TURNED 6 MONTHS!!!!

Mmmm..re the 6-month check-up, DH told me that A isn't going to have one...now that I hear that all of your bubs seem to have had one, I'm now wondering if DH misheard the MCHN?? He brought A to the last appt (4th month), as I couldn't make it, and he said that the nurse told hum that A's next check-up will be her 8th month. I don't believe him (MEN!!! Dunno if I can trust him to do anything! LOL), so I might call the nurse tomorrow to check myself.

lunesoleil, can your Amelie sit up by herself without support? My A can't yet, so we've decided to delay buying the Tripp Trapp until she can sit up herself. Right now she gets fed sitting in the Bumbo seat...but the little monkey is full-on trying to get out of it after only a few minutes!!

She's going to be 6 months on Wednesday - yay!!
    Last edited by cherryblossum; July 27th, 2008 at 10:25 PM.

Hi Everyone!

Haven't posted in here for a while now! Sorry been slack.

Happy half to all bubba's!

Bodie is now 7 months! Soon our bub's will be crawling... how scary does that sound! hehe Time has just gone so fast.

Bodie is going great with his solids... he's on 2 solids a day (with his 4 bottles). Farex cereal in the morning then vegies in the late afternoon. Not much of a routine here either.

Well better go, sounds like your all going well. Till next time xo

**** Brodie is 7 months....crapola!!! Yes were is the time???????

mateauz has finally found his knees and has started rolling onto his sides...WOO HOO for us!!!! as for eating, he's a garbage can...god the boy can eat.
    We're on formula full time now....he totally refusses the breast but hey im not unpset (anymore pmsl) he got plenty and it so helped him out./
    Tascha - I get the same with my own name....im german and **** i was aso sick of being called Mary-anne at school that I just didnt listen to the teachers when they said it.

Kate - YAY on Billy for sitting by himself...clever little chicken jsut like his mama

Im having a brain fart...to much tot hink of atm

will endevore to come back later and catch up properly

Happy 6mths to Cherryblossum's Amelie!
    My Amelie doesn't even roll over yet but she can happily sit in the trip trap w/ the baby insert.
    She's lil over 7.2 kg now.
    Ironic thing is she's not so keen on solids yet... I tried cereal w/ water & formula, sweet potato & pumpkin, pear & banana...and she just spat every one of them out...so that was over a week...
    Today I gave her home made rice porridge.. and she 'seems' to eat it? I dunno.. have to try it again tomorrow...

She's been teething for last week or two but still going... the bud hasn't cut through the gums yet...and I heard that's when it's the worst oh well! We just have to ride it I guess

I wish everyone a good night - i.e. bub sleeps through.. so do you...
    Wow.. some bubs are already 7 mths eh? Time really flies!

Happy half-birthday to my beautiful bub!!!

Damn it, i was trying to quickly post the above so that it will get posted before midnight, but i just missed it! LOL.

OK then so that means my LO turned half (6 mths) yesterday.

lunesoleil, I think feeding solids is a bit hit and miss - does anyone else find this when they first started? Like today, A didn't wanna eat anything, so I gave up after 30 mins of trying. I think maybe she's not hungry enough after the breastfeed? I tend to feed her about 1/2hr to an hour after she's had her 6pm feed but I think maybe I need to feed her the solids earlier? Atm, our weekday schedule is roughly as follows (MIL looks after A on weekdays):

7.30am bf
    8.00am I'm off to work
    11.00am EBM
    12.00pm solids
    3.00pm EBM (if I expressed lots the day before) OR formula
    6.00pm bf when I arrive home (arrrghh, relief!!)
    7.00pm solids
    8.00pm bf
    8.30pm bedtime
    11.30-12.00am dreamfeed
    3.00-4.00am nightfeed (if lucky, skip this)

Do you think maybe I should bring the 2nd solids feed (ie 7pm feed) to maybe after the 3pm feed? ie, at 4.00pm? It's just such a rush for me to come home at 6pm, feed her, then not long after that get the solids ready and rush off to feed her again - it's full on nonstop and I don't get to enjoy being with her. If I change it to a 4pm solids feed that way I can relax and play with A a little when I get home. Any comments/suggestions?

maz, I lurked in the bf forums sometimes, and I see some of your posts. You are such an inspiring mummy and obviously so dedicated to your son. Even though Mateauz is longer being bf, he's in the best care because his mumma loves him so much.

Forget to add: today, (well, technically yesterday) being A's 6th mth b-day I weighed and measured her myself, and her measurements are:

Weight: 6.750kg
    HC: 41cm
    Length: not sure how this is measured ie, head to heel or head to toe? If head to toe she's only 65cm, but head to toe is 70cm.

(oh, DH was right - I called up the MCHN and she confirmed that there is indeed no 6-mth check-up).

Time for bed, am very tired, I know i shouldn't stay up so late being a work day and all, but I've always got so much to do...

OK i better go...Good night everyone...

One last thing: does anyone have any recs for an electric breast pump? My Avent manuel one is getting a bit tedious to use. The Medela mini electric pump seems to be quite good, but most of the reviews indicated that it is noisy. I need something whisper quiet as I pumped at work in a quiet office...thanks guys. ok better go...

Hi there cherryblossom

Happy half birthday to Amelie!!

Thats weird that you dont get a 6 month checkup. I made an appointment for next week. I double checked and we get 3 wks, 4 months (that I didnt go to), 6 months, 12 months and 18months. Thats the community nurse, and more appointments if they feel you need them. Must be the difference between Vic and QLD!

Congratulations on the awesome breast feeding and expressing at work by the way. Getting home and putting her on the breast must be such a great feeling- I feel that way with the first feed of the day too! Weare still bfeeding well too.
    I reckon definitely try the solids for 4pm. It sounds like it will work in so much better for your lifestyle. I personally find Addie is too tired for solids much later than 5.30 (or 6 if she has managed a big afternoon sleep.) (she is a terrible day sleeper so gets really grizzly by the evening!) She eats solids well at 4.30 to 5pm.

Sorry I have a manual breast pump so cant help there.

Otherwise we are going well, no news to report till next week and we get weights and height done!
    Three 'meals' a day, and water in the bottle and net feeder. We are introducing new foods every few days and she is eating everything!
    Better go
    Hugs

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast