Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #9

Hello everyone,

Happy 6 months Amelie!

So well done with the breastfeeding. ITS SO MUCH EASIER than the bottles. That would be the only thing about the formula feeding. Cleaning and preparation. Not too mention the extra weight to the nappy bag on a day trip!!!

The way you managed the breastfeeding with working is fantastic!! I do agree with Mary on the extra solids at 4pm. Joshua enjoys his solids around that time too.

When I first tried Joshy on solids.. we had no dramas. Ate it all ... at lots and not fussy on what! So Im not any use in that regard! Oh.. tried his net feeder for the first time today. With a strawberry that I cut the seeds of. He loved it. Only drama is .. he wont hold it himself for very long at all!! Prefers Mama to do it. We'll get there!
    Just weighed my little (or should I say BIG) boy. He has reached the 9kilo mark!! HOLY MOLY!!! No wonder my arms are getting sore!!

OMG... Brodie 7 months!!! Blink and you miss half of it!!!

Joshua is asleep... time to get a few things done.

Hugs

Talk about quiet!!

bump!

My gosh it's so quiet in here!

Well i bought my electric pump yay..can't wait to use it at work next week. It's a bit of a juggling act trying to pump at work as sometimes I'm just so busy and try to be really quick but of course that's when I don't get much I also reckon people who sit right outside the sick room where I go in to pump probably think I've got some sort of a medical condition where I need to administer myself drugs or something since I go in there 3 times a day

oh another development is that I have switched to cloth nappies. I'm so excited about this. I've been wanting to switch for a long time, and had even considered it before A was born but we were unsettled as to where we'll live so I didn't wanna buy a whole stash of clothies to lug around. I'm building up quite a collection

On the solids front, as suggested, i changed A's 2nd feed to 4pm...which means I won't be feeding her any solids during the week oh well, I'm sure her grandma knows what to do...

How is everyone going?

Hi girls,

Yes it is quiet in here... some of us are on a facebook forum if any of you are interested to join us?

Cherryblossom: Good on you for expressing at work...and for starting the cloth nappies. I go back to work in January, how long have you been working for and how many days do you do? I go back for 2 days a week... It's going to be soooo hard trying to leave him at daycare. Will miss him so much!

Tascha: I got Bodie one of those net feeder things and have tried watermelon & stawberries, but he prefers watermelon. Same thing here, he loves me to hold it for him instead of himself. It gets very messy though hey.

Anyway better go,

Hope your all well xo

April & Bodie

Happy birthday to me!!

Billy Ocean Guest

Happy Birthday for yesterday Tascha!!!

Billy Ocean Guest

"HAPPY HALF" AMBER STEPHANIE!

Lots of love Billy B, Ocean & Kate
    x

Billy Ocean Guest

Wow it's dead in here. I have to come back in here more often... HI to everyone. Hope you're all going great.

Aww thanks Kate, Billy and Ocean.

I dont come in here enough either.

Not much to report here. Amber is on 2 meals a day and is loving her food. She loves her net feeder too.

Must go. BBL

Billy Ocean Guest

Awwwwwwwwwww........... check out your ticker today Jen, how cute.

We're still fighting about solids here. He hates it. I'm giving it a rest for a couple of days or doing what the MCHN said and trying veges at brekky. God help us all.

x

Red face

Hi everyone, remember me??? Ive been off for so long I found I was spending too long on here and not enough time in real life so I banned myself for a while.

I would love to catch you all on facebook... where will I find you there?

I have read back quite a way but got bogged down in the last thread with "the incident" and fast forwarded to here. Couldnt follow what went on actually, did some posts get deleted or am I just stupid? (dont answer that one hahaha)

update on us if you are interested: Celeste is 7+1/2months old, she has been sitting for about 2months or so, is rolling back and forth but not travelling or getting up on her arms at all. She will sort of pull to stand on my lap but I think she will be a late mover. I started her on solids at 4+1/2months and she now has 3meals plus 3BF and a snack or 2 each day but is still small. Probably the smallest in this group still. She has 2teeth and the top 2 are coming through now (have taken a month!) and we are having BF biting issues at present. I am torn over what to do? Persist despite grazes and blood or go to formula??? Argh, I thought my BF questions would be over by now. I dont want to just give up as it took sooo much work to start with. Still cloth bum here. She has only just gone into a cot in the last week as she was in an amby hammock. I was worried it might be tricky to change at this age but it went really well. (well still waking 3 or 4 times a night with teething). I have stopped night feeding her when she wakes and that is going fine, I think I was just offering it if she woke in pain but she didnt actually need it. Hope when the teething stops for a bit she will sleep through again.

Just wanted to say that I found you all to be a lovely supportive, friendly group when I was in here a lot and always had encouraging things to say when I was having problems, despite you all having your own. Sorry if I dropped you for a while but I needed to set myself a limit!

Anyway thats enough of me blabbing on. Have loved reading about the funny things all the bubs do. They sure are real characters now arent they? I thought I would miss the "little baby" stuff but I am just enjoying Celeste more each day as she grows and changes. Ahh, it's lovely being a Mum!

Hope to pop back in soon if I'm still welcome!

Sazz + Celeste.

Ps. what do you lot have planned for Father's day?

HI ya Sazz - Hey we all need breaks so dont feel terrible. that last thread..ah dont worry about it..it was something silly that i cant even remember now.

you go girl on the BF...im very jealous..Mateauz weened himself at 6 1/2 months. I understand feeling the way you do about to BF or not to BF but in the end you have to do whats best for you matie. And im sure cracked nipples and bleeding ones too wouldnt feel very nice at all.

Mateauz eats solids and has 4 bottles a day. He's still little..only 7.2kg but he makes up for it with his smile. He roll's and swivles his body around...we caught him bringing his knee up under him today so we'll see how long it takes until he starts rocking. He loves standing to and has started saying 'dada' and bubba..and if he want sour attention we get 'aye'

fathers day..god I went shopping with all 4 kids for that today....they bought him slippers, boxers with MR grumpy on them, car cleaning kit and a tool kit fo rhis car. Im going to make a collage of the kids for him in a frame to put on the wall in his office at work. Thought we might have a BBQ or something and invite my parents over.

Hope eveyrone else is well...we should all stat getting back in here...its so empty

have a great weekend

I think we're all just sooo busy with f/book! Although admittedly I'm a bit slack there too,lol.
    Thats where we're all 'hanging out' nowadays

Hmmm b/f'ing & biting OUCH! Know how you're feeling Saz,lol. My boy has bitten down a couple of times now & I just pull away & look at him and say very firmly NO! I dont scream but I do it whenever he does it. I did the same with Cara & eventually they learn its a big no-no,LOL. Jackson is pretty much where your bub is exactly! You could have been describing him Also I was doing the same thing with the feeding when he woke instead of just giving him a cuddle & back to bed. Dont want them to get that habit going of waking just for that feed (s)...

Enough from me now!

I cant keep up with them on facebook...its goes so dame quickly its not funny

Im holding my BB's on the thought of the pain of biting down. Mateauz was biting down and pulling at the same time....made my nipples look like something out of a comic.

ah should make some breaky for me..kids have eaten

Hi ladies,

I haven't been on here for ages either. Hardly ever have the time to be honest. Plus have been having horrible ms so am trying to recover from that. Doesn't seem to be as bad as it was with Amy though thank god. Maybe that means a boy!! :-p

Sazz - So good to hear from you!! Celeste sounds like she is doing wonderfully! Amy doesn't look like crawling any time soon. I'm not worried though. The amount of development she's done in the past two weeks is amazing. Two weeks ago she couldn't stand at all and now if I leave her holding onto something she stands all by herself (with me right next to her of course!). She's started blowing big raspberries and making the funniest noises. She isn't saying mama or dada or anything yet. I'm like you. I'm LOVING every new stage. I don't miss the 'newborn' stage at all. It's so much more fun when they interact!

Maz - I know what youmean about Facebook. I can barely keep up too. Mateauz is so gorgeous. Love the new photos of him. I'm up for that arranged marriage if you are ;-) hehehehehe

Not sure what we're going to do for father's day here. Might shout DH a day of golf at a course of his choice maybe..........love the collage idea Maz. I spose it all depends on how bad my ms is!

Have a great day ladies. Sorry I missed a lot of people. Gotta run though. Am thinking of you all!! xxxxxx Luv Nik and Amy xxxxxx (and the new belly baby)

Maz- Yes it moves mighty quick on the ol' facebook! I cant keep up thats for sure,LOL.
    I'm so tired today! Jackson is teething & he was quite hot to the touch last night and pretty much waking each hour He's asleep now & I'm going to try & get a bit of a 'nap' too. I've just set Cara up with her fav' DVD for a little bit so I'll nap with one eye open sort of thing!
    Mums of more than one you know what I mean! LOL.You kinda learn how to sleep but be 'on call' today
    Have a nice day mums!

goddd i keep forgetting to come on here!!!

i know everyones well as we talk on facebook lol...

good to here from you sazz!

not much news here that most of you wouldnt know already, i have a partner now, Jay's loving solids, loves vegies, hope it stays that way lol... ummm yer thats about it, not really any signs of crawling here either, rolls all over the place tho lol

ok will have to get on here more often

Jess _ I've seen your posts about Darren(?) He sounds like a good sort & great that he's taken with little Jay too Bet he puts a smile on your dial

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast