Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004 #3

Girls Matilda just did the funniest thing... she's always been a bit into taking all her clothes & nappies off and wandering around in the nude... but she's just done a complete change!!

I had put out some clothes I was going to change her into and while I was in the loo she undressed & put her new clothes on (minus a nappy ) and then went & put shoes on too. When I got back to her she was dressed & trying to brush her hair while screaming "owie" LOL

Pietta Guest

Awe that is sooooooooooooo very cute!!

LOL at Matilda. She's such a character.

Somebody stopped notifying me lol and I have been so flat out since school went back that I almost didn't notice.

Last week I decided I would go to the local market and try to get some orders for my santa sacks, so I have spent all week going crazy, sewing heaps of stuff, well went today, went halves with mum in the stall which was $10 ea and all I sold was 4 things for $27. I am really disappointed, and feel like I have worked all week for nothing. I was up till 2 am this morning finishing the last few items, I have hardly moved out of the sewing room all week and it feels like it was all for nothing. I have decided to go again next month and am contemplating going to another local market next weekend, as everything is all packed up but not sure whether I will or not. My house has gone to the dogs, it is a disgrace, and as I have been sewing I have not kept on top of it, and I am too tired now to do anything, and whats more my selfish DH has booted off fishing!! He had a vasectomy on Tuesday so there will def be no more babies for us, which is sad, but inevitable that you have to make a decision at some stage. And we only ever wanted 4 kids so I am very happy and feel very lucky to have 4 healthy gorgeous kids.

Hi Pee- welcome back, and I totally get what you mean re the staying home thing. Sorry to hear you may not have anymore kids, but how wonderful that you have RYley to love forever. I worked ft with the first 2 kids, stopped work the year I had Jemma and it was the best decision I have made. I don't really regret working, as we have what we have bc I did, but look back with sadness sometimes at the things I missed. Like Jordans 1st day of school, but at least I was home for Joshuas
    I feel frustrated sometimes with being home cleaning my house constantly, I guess that is why I have to be busy with the scrapbooking and sewing, because I MST be using my brain at all times or I get crazy lol Funny cos I never wanted to be a SAHM, and now I am a WAHM so that is the best of both worlds for me.

Tegan- I see your little man is here, congrats and welcome to the world to your darling. We too are having car tantrums, I love Christy's idea lol cos I know that would work for Jess. The other thing that happened the other day was that I put her on the outside of the car and shut the door and got in the drivers seat lol (In my driveway of course- can't do it anywhere else.) She started crying and got straight into her seat. But the prob is she does it when we are out and I can't do that. She does the freak out quite often and I just say bad luck, esp if she is yelling at me about wanting things and then changing her mind.

Jess was hilarious last night, she was in the dark on the trampoline and was jumping sitting on her bum and standing up again, she is so clever.

Christy- not long to go, hope it hapens quickly lol, esp after all those pains. And Yay for darling Matilda being so grownup and good too with sleeping and no tanties. Love the dressing story too My kids prefer PJ days, have trouble getting them dressed.

Jess has gotton a bit lazy with the tt, esp after the kids were home, today she has taken herself off to the toilet which is good,it is hard when they are little, cos the toilet is so big lol

Anyway best be going, Hello to everybody I missed, too tired to remember anything else.
    hugs

Christy- pmsl at MAtilda

Hi everyone, just a quicky while the bubs are asleep and DH is outside with his bud.
    Yasin starts gym on tuesday. He's going through a bouncey phase at the moment and jumps up and down constantly so I'm fairly sure he's going to love the trampolines. He'll start one day a week at a pre-school in a few weeks too but I'm not sure how to claim the child-care rebate or if we're eligible. I'll have to sort it out soon.
    Congratulations Tegan and Kathryn on your new bundles.
    Bugger!! Imran awake!!

Dachlostar, call the family assistence office usually they are located at either centrelink or medicare offices & they can help you. Our office is through centrelink so we go to the same place to organise family tax benefits & child care rebates. You just need a # from the centre & you tell the # to the family assistance office & its all organised for you. HTH! Pain about Imran waking up!!

Matilda's got some weird bug atm. She woke up Thursday from her nap wtih a very minor temp and was clingy & cranky. Thats about all until Thursday night while she slept she had a couple coughs. She was still lethargic & cranky Friday and then yesterday seemed fine with the occasional cough when she laid down, nothing bad & no temps. Just now she woke up from her nap with a bloody nose & coughing & gagging...
    I think she may have just picked her nose too much causing it to bleed and then is gagging because of stuff going down the back of her throat... at least I hope thats all it is.

Christy hope Matilda is ok. Yuck abot the blood nose, they are awful esp for little kids. Jemma has had the occasional one too but I think she puts her finger in too.

Dasch- Yasin will prob love the gym, my girls do and the trampoline is a definite favourite too.

Curriculum day today, so everyone is home, got to sleep in but that means I am unorganised now. I have sewing and cutting out to do and alsowashing and tidying. Hve packed the dishwasher but had no brekky yet lol, so that will slow things up.

Just rang to arrange a payment plan for ea of my gas and elec bills, may consider putting them both together for the discount. Have to check it out when the paperwork is sent. I was amazed that one just said, pay $50 a FN and the other said someone else will have to call me to work it out. Funny that. Found out yesterday that a gf who stopped speaking to me cos she was having trouble conceiving has a 6mth old baby. I am happy for her but so disappointed that she didn't ring me when she found out she was pg. We have been friends for 14 yrs after all, and it just doesn't make sense. She called me last night as she saw my mum at the shops and so rang me. I am going to give her a call but needed time to cool off as I was very upset.

anyway best be goping and try to get moving. Its my bday tomorrow, my sisters bday today. I know arron is making some effort to buy me something which is nice, plus I laybyed myself some things I wanted. I went shopping yesterday and had a lot of success with xmas stuff which was good. MEans I am almost done!! EXCEPT GOT NOT MUCH FOR Jordan yet (sorry hit caps)

Oh thats great Michelle at almost having Christmas organised. I got Matilda's & the babies stuff on layby earlier so I wouldn't have to worry about it... now just have everyone else...

Matilda wound up with croup overnight, so spent the morning trying to go to the GP and then dealing with a screaming overtired toddler... hopefully she will go to sleep soon.

hi all
    christy- what did you get your baby for christmas i have no idea what to get Charlotte, i have been looking but i don't know, i have Madison's birthday and christmas presents done, she is going to see the wiggles in december plus i have her a few other things

mooshie Guest

hi everyone

doing well over here, still ttc but hey can't rush these things can we pmsl.

gosh i feel rude i don't post all the time, my gosh michelle that was an epic i was exhausted reading it

christy wow not long to go for you now

tegan - congrats on the arrival of your blue bundle. hope you are feeling well

hi to everyoen else, not much happening, lani has been spending quite some time in the naughty corner lol, i don't believe in sending the kiddies to their rooms when they are naughty and our naughty corner is in the front lounge in the corner facing the wall (i have had it way before the super nanny pmsl) anyway lani has this TERRIBLE habit of yelling arghhh ohhhhh nooooooooooooooooooo and she has been screaming to (well with a brother who spends his life playing footbally around the house doing "spekkies" on his sister, i guess she has to be quite vocal pmsl, she is also doing the screaming and throwing herself down and rolling around etc etc (you all know what i mean lol) so i just say thats it, if you don't stop you will need to go in the naughty corner, and you know what i actually think she likes the naughty corner lol, i take her there sit her down facing the wall tell her why she is in there etc etc and she stops and just sits there quietly but hey when she comes out she is a perfect angel, but i really think she is putting on this behaviour just so she can go in there the cheeky devil, arh well these things are all there for us to work out aren't they lol.

sorry long post hi to everyone else hope you are going well

oh and quick question for michelle (knowing you are a teacher and all lol) if you are classed as a "visual" learner is that preferable??? and what does it all mean and how will it affect you in life - and what other type of learner can you be - thanks

gotta go can smell apple pie burning - oh yes a domestic goddess happening over here lol.

lol at Lani yelling!! hehehe

Kelly I got baby just 2 simple things, mainly so Matilda sees her get pressies. We got her a stacking ring thing and a lamaaze teething rattle. Just so Matilda gets the concept that its not all about her

Hey Michelle- long time no chat lol How funny Lani is.
    I am gathering that you are talking about visual learning in regard to language? There are different cues that we use when reading esp for example when you read a word you cross check these cues to make sure it is right. So we would say a word and say does it sound right, does it look right, does it make sense? If you are a visual learner it means you are using mainly that cue to read, and would know alot of words by looking at them. It is a good start to reading, but good readers use all the cues. There are only so many words you can remember, and then you need to be able to use other strategies. So a child who doesn't use the other strategies will inevitably come to words they don't know by sight and thats when they need to sound it out to see if it sounds right, and say it in the sentence it is in to see if it makes sense (meaning). Some people use visual cues as the main way to learn but they can be shown and taught other strategies. I hope that helps. Most schools give parents ideas for what to ask their child when they come to words they don't know and basically they say to ask: Does it look right? Does it sound right? Does it make sense?

Christy- hope Matilda feels better and gets some rest and you do too. There really isn't much to buy for a baby under 6 mths for xmas and you are right it really is more for the other kids isn't it? Funny at being organised cos have nothing for anyone else either lol But with the 4 kids it seems ok if I have them done.

gotta go hang washing
    see ya

mooshie Guest

thanks michelle

jays doing well at school - we do the magic words at our school and he has done the whole set from golden through to lemon words and he is now onto spelling them. his teacher told me he was a visual learner and i can certainly see that when he does his reader if he comes accross a word he looks around in the air (waiting for it to pop out from the sky lol) and trys and sounds it out, quite often he gives up and asks me to tell him the word and when i do, he seems to remember the word after that.

wow teaching is darn hard work especially with the littlies, i just want to make sure that i am doing the best i can at home to encourage jay to read and enjoy reading in particular as i believe it is a very important life skill.

so thanks again

hi to everyone else, must dash gotta hang out the washing in the lovely windy sun should dry in no time, oh then clean the loo, floors etc etc. arhh no rest for the wicked.

chat later

You're welcome Michelle- sometimes I think I have forgottton most of my "teaching" stuff but it comes flooding back so I guess it is something I won't forget. When he wants you to tell him a word then go through the questions, ask him esp what it could be, what would make sense cos reading for meaning is most important. it is hard with simple texts cos they aren't alwaqys that interesting or don't have very good story lines. SOunds like he is coming along nicely and great that you want to help him too. If only all parents did the same.

I am sitting here in front of a mountain of folded washing so guess I should sort it and put it away, bf the guests arrive...just my parents and my aunty, for my bday. My gf came and gave me a gorgeous angel ornament watching over two little girls. And I got a massage chair and another 3 figurines and a set of mugs. Also got $130 so far from family towards my new sewing machine....can't wait to go sewing machine shopping.

have a good one

New thread time girls

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678