Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004 #4

Default Babies Born January - December 2004 #4

This thread is for parents who's baby was born from January to December 2004

Your moderating team for this forum is as follows

Astrolady - [email protected] Admin
    Christy [email protected] Senior Moderator
    SherieB - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Last edited by Astrolady; January 31st, 2007 at 01:38 PM.

Catch up with your old thread HERE

Love

Ok I'll be first so I can get my notifications, I always forget to sign the new sheet lol

well i will be second & promise to not be so slack!!

HI Mel
    how are you feeling? Hoipe you are well, have missed you lately

im good thanks for asking - morning sickness went for a bit but it is back again though not nearly as bad - had nuchal scan last friday & all is well with peanut2 - eliana is amazing me with all the new words & putting up to four words together - still wont have a bar of TT & tells everyone about mummy's baby! no doubt you are busy with your 4 & your sewing
    hi to everyone else

So glad to hear things are well, my sister spoke to Jess on the phone the pother nite and was amazed at how well she is speaking too, they do seem o learn a stack of stuff all at once don't they? Yes I am busy lol, don't know how I would be able to function without business lol. Kids are all good, and I am starting to get stacks of santa sacks ordered so it is getting exciting, but of course as fast as the orders come in I spend the money on something lol of course trying to make more money.

well best be moving, the email box is getting very full trying to sort it lol

seems its only us two in here!
    tried eliana on the toilet again & she ran away as soon as i picked up her little toilet seat thing - have tried a potty (though dont like them) & also have been given one of those ladder things - oh well i can only hope she likes the toilet before the baby comes - it's hot here today so may go for a swim when eliana wakes up sure beats doing housework!!
    lol at spending the money but that's what it is for!! glad all is well at your place

when the weather is nice try putting litle undies on her and go outside, take the potty out just in case, we only ever used the potty for the very shortest of time. Then if she does do a wee it will run down her leg and she will realise. I found until I put undies on the kids they didn't need to worry cos they had the nappy. But when they don't the think about it.

Yeah everyone else is prob lost with the new thread lol.

Hi Everyone, just home from play group which is always fun, we are lucky we have a great bunch of mums and kids - most of the kids get on, with the odd one hitting everyone here and there but I'm sure they will grow out of it. Mackenzie has been great, she got hit today a number of times but didn't hit back and just said 'benny hit me, benny is naughty' so I praised her for not hitting back. She is asleep now and has an ear infection and conjunctivitis which is cleared up but still needs eye drops for a few more days. DH went to Hobart this morning for work so the eye drops have been hard to get into her as they played a game when we put the drops in and trying to get drops in with Buzz Lightyear as a substitue for dad just dosn't cut it for her. Never mind! Just wanted to drop in to say hi, so must run to catch up on the rest of BB forums. Haven't been on BB for a few days, busy and had my Grandmothers funeral yesterday - I was able to watch it live on the internet which was great as I didn't need to fly back to Brisbane and Miss M slept from 2 until 3.10 so just got to see it all uninterrupted. Must run.

Nik

Hi there, just popping in to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Bon's little Grace. I hope she had a great day.

Mel, Yasin hates the potty too and won't sit on the loo so we can't TT here until he decides he'll sit on one of them. The potty I have is a second-hand one a find's daughter hated so I might try a differant design and see if that will work for him.

Yasin started toddler gymnastics last week. He had his second lesson this morning. He loves it and chucks a tantie when he has to leave. I took a juice along today which helped to distract him from it a bit. He's had a bit of a growth spurt in the last couple of weeks. I can't believe how grown up he is now, I got a bit teary this morning thinking about how fast he's grown.

well im glad eliana isnt the only one that doesnt like the concept of TTing! had a bit of scare yesterday whilst at my parents - my brothers border collie (the most docile thing) nipped eliana on the nose luckily didnt break the skin but she had four teeth marks down her nose (of course the dog is going) but she seems fine today & was running riot at kindermusik & when playing with her cousins this afternoon - still scary at how quickly it can happen - not much else happening - still house hunting this time on brisbane's northside & there isnt much around - can't believe im already organising eliana's 2nd birthday party - just having family & a few friends here for a fairy pool party - my morning sickness is back with a vengence tonight so better deal with it & hope it goes before bedtime!

Happy bday to Grace!! Hope she had a great day.

Mel- hope you feel better, that is scary re the dog. Our dog is deaf now, theough old age, and I worry that if the kids touch him when he is eating that he will bite them. I know he wouldn't do it if he knew it was them but without hearing them he wouldn't know it was them.

Dasch- it goes so quickly doesn;t it, esp once the 2nd bub arrives. Saw a 9mth bub yesterday that was almost the same size as Jess, so at least while she is little I can pretend I still have my baby, although when she opens her mouth and speaks thats all over.

We have a parent info meeting at Jordans high school this morning and I have a Post office run and a pickup of a games table that MIL is buying for the big kids for xmas as well. then home to clean and sew. Wish I had some home days!!

Hi everyone!

Dach and Michelle - thankyou for the birthday wishes! Grace had a lovely birthday party and she got the TMX Elmo I had ordered just in time. She also got dolls off everyone, so she has a ton of dolls now! One looks more realistic than the others so that might be good when the baby comes - she can have her own baby to play with while I look after her sister.

Sorry it's late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Yasin! Hope he had a lovely day too.

Can't believe our babies are 2 - it doesn't seem that long ago we were pg with them.

Hello girls!!! Happy birthday to all the Big Kids now

Bon we got Matilda a doll & pram & capsule set for her 2nd birthday to help her prepare. And so she has something to roll play with that isn't the "Real" thing LOL. She also now has a nappy bag & enjoys putting her nappies on & off the doll.

We have finished setting up a fish tank for Matilda now & the baby is bringing home some goldfish from the hospital for her She loves fish tanks & we had an old one sitting around so thought we'd get it organised for her to have something to "care" for as well. She is very into feeding the dogs every day. She gets extremely cross if we try to feed them on the sly, and insists on feeding them after she has breakfast. Thank god our dogs are so patient with her. They let her feed them & she will pull away the bowl & put it back & snatch it off them while they are eating.... I'm just so grateful that its something I worked on with them before she was born & they are so easy going. They usually follow her around & then just sit down & wait for her to put their food back.

Well... Matilda is going so well atm. I'm such a proud mummy now. She's been so good and we got really slack last week & she started playing up & it made us realise how important it is for us to stay on track if we want peace around here. As soon as we started reminding her of the boundaries again she was happy & heaps more settled. YAY! I think We've finally learned how to be the best parents for Matilda!! (for now that is )

Christy that's fabulous news! Once Jovie arrives she will just grow up overnight and you and Pete wont be able to get over how much bigger she seems. I love the idea of the fishtank for her too.

Bon, can I ask was the Elmo worth all the hype surrounding it? There seem to be so many elmos about now, I wondered if it is really that much better? Glad she had a great day on her birthday.

As for Paige, she just loves the toilet. Now before you all start exclaiming what a clever little girl she is, all she does is love the toilet. She wont wee or poo in it, she saves that for her pants LOL but she loves the idea of sitting on it and wasting toilet paper like there is no tomorrow. DH swears he should buy shares in kleenex with three girls in the house LMAO. So I think I will back off and let her decide when she is ready for it. I will encourage her to wear pants and to sit on the toilet, but not push her about it.

Sherie - to be honest, the elmo is cute and he does have more moves than the other elmos and he is more advanced I guess but yeah I don't really think he is worth all the hype that he has been getting! Grace loves him though. I am just glad I got him for the 'on special' price and not full price - he costs nearly $100 full price!

I am not even going to attempt to TT Grace until well after bubba has arrived. She is showing little interest anyway. She has sat on the potty before and does know what the toilet is for but she is a little way off actually making the connection with needing to go and sitting on the toilet or potty. I don't mind having 2 in nappies - better than having a newborn and trying to deal with accidents and all the rest.

LOL Sherie I'm so glad you said that!! Matilda LOVES the toilet too... but not to do anything other than sit on it & put toilet paper in between her legs.

Bon I am the same...Matilda sometimes wants to wear "undies" and go on the toilet and if we are up to it, sure, if not... no way LOL

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast