Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004 #4

Millana did her first wee at playgroup today!! I had to take the her little toilet seat and really persuade as the first time she was ready to throw a tanty but second try a success.She was so proud of herself telling all the mums there.And she is doing wee and poo on her potty at home.I have had to give it up the last month and a half as she would scream and throw a tanty if i asked her or tried to sit her on it.A friend gave me fairy stickers too so i reckon that helped.
    Julia well done on the dummy.I got rid of millana a few months back by telling her once shed broken them there was no more.It worked.
    But huge proble with sleeping.She falls asleep in the loung,we transfer her to her bed then at midnigjt she wakes and comes in to bed with us or hubby goes and lies with her untl she is asleep.All since the dummy left!! So fustrating but im hoping in summer it wiil be different. Any ideas girls?

Hi there,

Caddie, oh that sounds frustrating re. the sleping. Wolf is a bit trying too but not any worse without the dummy... just without the side rail... he gets up 2-20 times and says he needs to pee, he wants a drink, he needs to poo, he wants a story, he wants to sleep in my bed, he wants a certain toy from the living room... arrrrrrrrrrrg... I am just riding it out at the moment and send him back to bed everytime. I get very annoyed because it chews into my "ME" time in the evenings ... but I am just hoping it will pass (and soon).
    How are you doing other than that with your two girls? We are thinking of no.3 and sometimes i can't quite believe I really want to go back to the crappy nights... but then I see a newborn and I'm all 'awwwwwwwwwwwwww' ...lol... DH really wants a 3rd, I think he's been a bit of the driving force but didn't have to twist my arm that much , lol. We'll TTC in October I think.

PlonkeeMumma, yeah, Zara never used a dummy, so no weaning her off it. But she still has a milk bottle at night (and she sooooooo wants it). I weaned Wolf off milk when he turned 1 but she's been so skinny, we kept her on her nightly milk for some extra weight gain. Now I'm kinda cursing that decision... it will be a nightmare weaning her off it... I think I might go for a water bottle and see how that goes... I just don't want her to be 2 and still fall asleep with a bottle. Can't be good for the teeth ...

Snowy

Hubby doesnt want no.3 i think he finds kids hard.He loves them but i think he finds the stress of it hard and doesnt like it when im stressed plus now with the coeliacs makes it harder too.

Are both your girls coeliacs?
    Funny... I always thought men wanted a son (you know, someone to carry the name blabla all that stuff)... lol though on finding it too stressful... DH has had 1 month off (just started a new job last Monday) and he complained about being stressed and having ulcers and what not... apparently he finds it very stressful spending that much time with his kids... men... and then he judges me when I lose my cool with the kids and yell at them and stuff... you give him a month of intensive time with his kids and he falls apart (and yells too... ) men...

Wolf is a bit difficult at the moment though... we are cutting out the lunch time nap because recently he did not sleep before 10 pm at night but it means that it's cactus hour from 5 pm

hi girls
    i so now what you ar goingthrough ith dropped sleeps, toileting & staying in bed
    will be back later to type what hasworked for me - hve elysia feeding atm so am typing one handed

*PUSH*
    hope everyone is well... everyone is hitting 3 and it's getting quieter and quieter in here..

please tell me that it gets easier after 3... recently Wolf has been driving me mad... constantly testing me... I ended up buying 1-2-3-Magic but it's just not quite working like Magic with us just yet.. he is one of those types that up their ante initially... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg... Zara has become more of competition for him recently (she is 1.5 years now, so not a baby anymore) and he just can't leave her alone... it's so frustrating. I left my kids with my mom for 2.5 hours today and she was buggered when I returned (and Zara had smashed an expensive porcelain bowl)
    but I can kinda understand it... so much happening all of a sudden, toilet training, kindy, dummy disappearing, dropping sleeps, big boy/girl bed... no wonder they go a bit crazy, hey?
    We ordered Wolf's big boy bed the other day. I would like to give it to him for his 3rd birthday (they said 8 weeks delivery time, so it should be there on time, but you never know... if it becomes 10 weeks, we might not make it on time)

Hope everyone is well

Hugs

Snowy

hey Snowy
    Three is a tricky age, I could say it gets better but every age has its own challenge lol Jordan just turned 13, so we have entered a whole new world. So many changes is sure to put some kids off.

We just gave the dummies to the fairies. Luck for us TT and the bed are not new. Jess did start some monster tanties the week after she turned 3. The trick is to not give in....unlike DH who gave her coke at 9.30am cos she was sooking and she just had to give him a kiss...lol
    take care its great to catch up

Oh Mitch you had me in stitches... men are just suckers for their kids aren't they? Why is it moms are always the bad cops. hey? I always say to DH, if I die, my kids will live of chocolate, watch TV all day and grow fat ... lol...

yes, we had all these changes suddenly in the European summer, so in the space of 2-3 months all of it happened, TT in June was first (he did it on his own) and the rest just followed... big steps really after a long period of no change... I remember going from 2 to 1 nap was hard, but dropping it entirely has been difficult too... he still gets so tired and cranky in the afternoons but if I let him sleep, he is up til 10pm

Have you ever had any issues with sibling rivalry? Wolf is just so trying at the moment. It's the main problem we have really... other than that he is great. But he just CAN'T LEAVE HIS SISTER ALONE. Apparently it's normal to happen when the little one goes from baby to toddler and maybe it's aggrevated because they are just 15 months apart but it's driving me nuts. He has good days for a while and then just has these days where he constantly pushes her, takes things from her, sits on her etc.

Going swimming with Wolf and my dad now, leaving Zara with my mom (who turns out to have bronchitis anyway, so no swimming for her - just been to doc). Joy oh joy... why are kids constanly sick??

But I do love them so much... this morning Wolf woke up and was his bright eyed usual self and I was still so tired and I said "Common, sing me a song" and he started singing one of the German lullabies I sing to him every night (he only knew the first verse though). It was so cute. I could have almost cried.

We're going to TTC for no.3 next month... I wasn't quite ready for it up until just recently. (I think when kindy started again, lol). Wolf goes 3 mornings and Zara has started mid-August going 2 mornings and it makes SUCH a difference. I am not sure whether I should up Wolf to 5 by January or still leave it at 3 mornings? I sure enjoy the time to myself and being able to give Zara some quality time... what's everyone's thoughts?

Yes... 13... I can imagine that is an "interesting" age... lots of new challenges... all good and bad, hey? Every age is just cool I reckon... I love seeing all the changes.. .it's got to be amazing to watch your child turn into an adult (well, teen, but they think they are all grown up, don't they?)

SNowy

Time for a new thread

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678