Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004 #4

Snowgirl she left a message in 'Messages for Other Members' I think the thread is still open if you want to leave a message there, I don't know if she will read them though. It is a shame.

OMG Wow Wow Wubzy, wierdest show! Harry (4) likes it more than Grace though. She went through a phase of loving Booh Bah - now that show is bizarre. Whoever created that must be on something lol!

Lily loves Wubbzy too. But her fav is spongebob. We always have to watch it at least 3 times a day! Get's a bit annoying.

Thanks, Bon. I never "surf" the BB site much so hadn't noticed.
    I left a post for Michelle, I hope she reads every now and then (and maybe - who knows - decides one day to come back)

How is everyone?
    We had our first Parent Teacher conference yesterday. Woo hoo, exciting. Wolf is excellent in most areas but can't tell colours or shapes properly (but then again that's not surprising seeing he is only 2.5 years, but they thought because he talks so well, he'd be able to do that too) Nevertheless, he will "graduate" from playgroup to pre-school, which is cool. He will be the youngest there but I think he will enjoy being with older kids. ALSO, they had this piece of paper with shapes on it and he was asked to name them. He recognized the star and the circle (well, he said ball but hey, close enough) and when he saw the heart he said "for mummy" isn't that sweet?? I got all misty eyed when they told me.

Other than that not much to report. No advances on TT (I keep on luring him with getting a bike, argueing that you can't ride one with a nappy on).

Hope everyone is well

Snowy

Hi there

anybody here ?

it seems we lost the soul of our group, hey? but I guess with most groups just from 2007 and 2006 we had been doing pretty well posting here for 3 years.

All good things come to an end, hey? Do we get shut down if we don't post, what's the deal with that?

Well, Wolf is fully toilet trained. It just happened like that. 1 week after my last post he told me, after we had been to the lake, that he didn't want to wear his nappy anymore. *BOOM* it's like someone flicked a switch and he was able to even do naps without a nappy. He struggled a bit with the poo for 10 days but now that is covered too. I am so amazed at how effortless and quickly it happend ...

I guess now I have to go and buy him that bicycle, hey? lol

Snowy

HI Snowy

I'm still around. Great news on Wolf TT just like that - thats great - can he come talk to Oscar? Oscar will do all his wees on the potty if i put him there but will never tell me if he wants to go and if i ask he will say no - i have to just put him on every 45 mins or so. He's done 3 poos in the potty in about 1 1/2 months and thats it. I'm getting pretty frustrated but i know there's no point - just hope he hurries up and gets with it!
    On the positive he's great with his counting, colours, shapes, numbers and his sense of humour is just so funny.
    His attitude can be awful one day and great the next - as forest gump said - his mood is 'like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get'!!!

happy bicycle shopping!!!

Julie x

Yay Snowy that is great news on Wolf and the TT!! It really is all a matter of timing isn't it.

Not sure re the shutting down the thread. My thread for Jemma was closed more than 12 mths ago and ther were 5 of us chatting so I hope not!!

I don't come on much anymore, have been browsing here and in large families but just have so much going on and not much time to post.

Jessica is doing very well, she never shuts up lol and is lots of fun. I just love the affection 2 yo's give.

Hi there,

well, we had 1 week of Wolf regressing back into nappies when he had diarrhea (can't blame him though). He was a bit scarred when he pooed on the floor and in his pants twice when I think he thought it was "just a fart" but now everything is back to normal. (though we sometimes lose "a nugget" every now and then when he is preoccupied... lol, so embarrasing when it's in public...)

I certainly hope they won't close us down but seeing that we all don't post too frequently anymore, I wouldn't be surprised... fingers crossed they won't...

The weather has been awful here for 3 weeks and we all had a nasty cold. Today though it will be 32 deg, so I am glad the weather gods have taken pity on the school kids who are having their first day of summer holidays today. I heard Sydney had some bad weather too?

Snowy

Been bloody cold down our way!!!! And we don't have the best heating lol GLad to hear WOlf is back on track with his tt Snowy.

School hols is just finishing here, so I am happy. Jordan back to high school, Josh bac to PS and Jemma off to kinder, 2 long days for the rest of the yr instead of 3 x 3hrs. Tomorrow it will be me and Jess from 9 till 2pm, will be strange really.

Jessica is such a cutie, and the stories she tlls are gorgeous. Shetold me yesterday she would like REAL fairy wings for her bday cos her fairy wings don't make you fly ....lol

I have 100% confirmed Jordan doesn't believe in Santa Easter bunny or tooth fairy anymore. SO that has been sad for her and I lol

Joshua had his 8th bday yesterday, Time just keeps marching on in our house.

Hope everyone else is well

just saying a quick hi
    things a bit hectic here as we just moved house so have millions of boxes to unpack & ive decided to get rid of heaps of stuff - dont realise how much you have till you have to pack it all up
    eliana is going well - though not too good with the TT think she is just a big lazy & always seems to want to go when im feeding elysia - eliana still lashes out at her sister so im hoping it will pass soon
    we have just come back from a week at a resort at mooloolaba with my best friend from sydney & her two sons so it was a great girls getaway even though it was practically in my backyard!
    hope everyone had a great weekend & that their week is going well so far

Mel- hope the move has been smooth, I hate moving. Sibling rivalry is lovely, but it will pass. And Eliana prob will tt whaen she wants too. Good to hear from you

thanks michelle - was just hoping TT would be all over & done with - at this rate i'll be TTing the two together!

pmsl yeah maybe. Somekids just aren't ready unfortunately. Both Jordan trained at 2 and a half within 2 weeks, but Josh I tried at the same age and nothing, I waited another 2 or 3 mths bf trying again and he just did it.

Jemma and Jessica were both freaks lol started at 19mths and day trained at 21 and 22mths. I was shocked. They had the big kids to follow though, think eldest childrne don't have that influence

MICHELLE!!!

How are you lovey? OMG I hardly ever get the chance to post but now lost of things have happened in the last 6 months, mainly that I have closed my business so therefore have plenty of time (and bugger all money!).

Mitchell is a great big, ball of non-stop talking, running, jumping, talking,bouncing talking, little boy. He is still pretty jealous of Elizabeth but now she is running around chasing him everywhere he thinks she is getting fun.
    He toilet trained over summer - most unexpected I must say, but as he was pants off most of the time it seemed to come naturally. I think it helped when he discovered the joys of piddling on the tree. And the shed. And the plants. And off the edge of the deck.
    Anyway, glad to halve the amount of nappies to change.

He picks up on everything (including the word a$$hole thanks to me) and we fell about laughing when he got frustrated building a train (in the linen cupboard) yelling "I can't find the TECHNOLOGY!!" Isabelle has a lot of fun getting him to say such things as "I'm bringing sexy back" "that's random" and whatever it is teenagers think is funny.

So all in all, things are a bit lovely around here now his nightmares have settled and the tanties have too. I can even get him into bed by 7.30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No mean feat in this house, although it's not such a zoo here anymore - mummy put her foot down!

Anyway - I hope to be in here alot more, it's lovely to check in with you all again and see how the bubbas (oops kids!)are going.

Cheers for now

xoxoxoxo

lol lol lol, Lulu
    re. the peeing... yes, Wolf peed of the balcony this week.. it was so hard not to laugh... he was standing there all proud, being a "fireman"... thank god none of the neighbours saw it...
    re. the "technology" comment, that is so funny... don't you just love the funny and weird things they say

Mel, oh, *hugs* and patience... 3 months is the point where they seem to realize that the baby is here to stay and the novelty has totally worn off... don't worry, it will get better (and then worse again when bubs gets into all of her stuff... ).. we are swinging between good and bad on a minute to minute basis... sometimes they are so cute together and the next minute Wolf is sitting on Zara ... but she fends for herself quite well (and brings a fair bit on herself too)... she will nick his stuff and go running with it, shrieking with laughter, knowing full well he will get angry and pound on her...
    We had the cousins over and Zara hit the one Wolf's age over the head with a (toy) frying pan... again had to try hard to be angry and not laugh at my little baby girl bashing up an almost 3 year old...

Mitch. oh yes, they grow up way too fast, don't they... gosh.. no more tooth fairy... we are still miles away with our 2004 bubbas with that... I am just introducing the "dummy fairy" because I would like to wean Wolf of his dummy (which he only uses at night but I would like to get rid of it before he is 3). His reply (which is pretty standard for him) was "not yet, Mamma" ...

as to mile stones:
    we have taken off the side of the cot, so he basically has a junior bed now. it was the second attempt. the first time, I ended up putting it back on in the dark at 10:30 pm because he would not go to sleep and kept climing out of his bed... this time he climbed out ... i dunno... 10 times the first night, 4 times the second and tonight only once... I hope this is a trend that will continue...

SNowy

Hi there, everyone

well, just wanted to post the happy news that yes, it's been working with the side off (though he still gets up a few times before finally staying in bed)

Another milestone is that when I talked about the dummy fairy again this week, Wolf said that yes, he wanted to give her his dummy in exchange for a lego pirateship. We wrote a letter to her and tied the dummy to it and put it on the terrace. He did not ask for it that night and the next morning was soooooooooo stoked with his pirate ship. Then the next night he asked for it once and yesterday as well, but was fine when I reminded him that he gave it up and got a pirate ship (in exchange, 4 pirates had to come to bed with him).

I hope everyone is well.

Hugs

Snowy

OMG that is sooo sweet. What a great exchange!

Very clever Snowgirl, good thinking re the pirate ship.

That is a great idea Snowgirl - i will try that with Will when he's old enough if i haven't managed to get rid of his dummy before then. Fortunately Oscar sucks his thumb (unfortunately thats going to be even harder to stop!) so no dummies for him.
    Osc is talking so well now. I have given up on the TT for a while as i was getting so frustrated that he wouldn't tell me when he wanted to go and would say no even if he wanted to so i just don't have the energy to keep on and will wait until he is abit older or starts to tell me.
    Julie x

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast