Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004

mooshie Guest

hi everyone

we won volleyball yay

jess ttc is just so hard sometimes - af has arrived for me tonight, so that means i am going into 12mths of ttc - i have given away charting and everything and just trying to relax but it does get to you month after month

hopefully july will be lucky for us.

Just a quicky from me. I'm off to QLD for about a week tomorrow and I think I only have dial-up there.
    I give Yasin the karicare toddler milk not the vanilla toddler gold so its not as sweet. He gets it for his night time bottle but during the day he just gets normal milk. He's such a skinny little thing and sometimes seems to live on air so I figure that if he gets it at night it can't ruin his appetite and at least he's getting some nutrition.
    We have lots of tanties round here too and that's just DH lol. Yasin is really wanting to be independant and do everything himself even when he can't quite manage which causes lots of angst. At the moment he won't even take food from our hands - we have to put it on the plate in front of him. We were shopping today and I was a bit peckish so I got some hot chips from Oportos to share with him - he insisted on getting a handful of chips and putting them in front of him rather than just sharing from the one pile lol.

Kellee, IKWYM about feeling a bit disconnected. I felt like that too but after a while it passed. Does Charlie suddenly seem really big? The day before I had Imran Yasin still seemed tiny but after Imran was born he suddenly seemed so much bigger. Imran has started getting heaps more sociable lately and now him and Yasin sometimes share a bit of a laugh. Its so cute.

Tegan, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum :hugs:.

Its past midnight and I still haven't packed and I have about 3 loads of washing to do and put through the dryer. I really should stop procrastinating.

Have a great time away Dasch. I can understand the food thing, Jess will not be fed, not by anybody, and not anything, unless it is my food and she wants some. MIL and SIL just won't be told though and insist on trying to feed her and of course as they are interferring she eats even less than normal.

Hope you got away alright, I am very jealous lol

I am doing the usual today, trying to survive the hols, kids are doing their thing, pencils are covering the loune room floor but what do you expect. I am not stressing, will wait til laterand they can pick them up. They want to constantly eat especially Jemma atm. Driving me crazy!!!

michelle- yay at the win, and good luck for this coming month ttc,

mooshie - thanks about the toddler milk - i do remember now about you posting about it - i guess sometimes i see something on tv & try to overcompensate on things with eliana as i dont want her to miss out but that's mainly cause im on my own - yay you won volleyball

jess - hope aidan's cold is a little bit better - sad when they are sick - good luck with TTC #2

dach - have a great time up here - bring some warm clothes though cause its been cold & not sure where you are going but its been raining here since the weekend - i feel like im in melb! thanks for the reply about the milk - if eliana drank milk before bed i wold consider it but think ill look into vitamins - how cute of yasin with imran - will be great when they are old enough to play together & hopefully not fight too much!

mitch - thanks to you too for your reply on milk - i just think sometimes eliana is surviving on the same old food & wonder if i can offer her more but dont want to get her hooked onto anything - glad you are surviving the hols - i have my 15month old nephew here tomorrow so no doubt between the two of them i will be cleaning up for hours after - he is into everything!!!!

kellee- hope things are better between you & charlie - must be hard adjusting to be a mum of two though im sure with time it gets easier

jo - hope you are having fun with your two

its another rainy cold day here - makes it hard to do stuff - at least yesterday i got eliana outside for awhile though it was windy & she disappeared into the chook pen with the dog - she also played with the little girl in the main house here (she is 10days older than eliana) & eliana was taking her hand & leading her around everywhere - it was so cute - i have spent most of the day finally burning all my photos to cds before i loose them all - didnt realise it was going to take so long - have my mum coming over later to dye my hair - my hair cost too much at a salon to do cause it is so long

hope everyone is having a great day & that all the bubba's are behaving

MEl- thats what I need to do, get my hair done. I must ring the girl who did it last time, she comes to the house. I am a bit ****ty with her over an issue that really has nothing directly to do with me, lol she did my gfs hair for her wedding and kept chnging the price and was just not honest at all, so I wasn't going to get her again but I am desperate lol, plus she did a crappy job on Jordans hair and on Joshuas too, but I don't have enough money to pay the hairdresser.

oh well, lunch time Jemma is being a pain gotta go

Kellee Guest

Firstly, Tegan – I’m so sorry to hear about your Mum. I’m thinking of you and your family and sending you lots of hugs. If there's anything we can do, or if you need to chat about it, let us know.

Bon – thanks for the encouragement. I know it will get easier with time and I shouldn’t complain. Things will get better. LOL at the tanties – yes, this is a fun age, isn’t it?! Hope she gets over them soon… but probably won’t until she’s about 20! Ah, it’s fun, isn’t it?!

Mitch – hope your pain is gone away, or that you feel better soon. How on earth do you manage to get four in bed on your own? I’m struggling with two (DH had a rehearsal last night and I had to get Mum to come over and help). You’re a legend.

Jessica – right, we need to tell that witch that she is banished from your house for at least a year! Hope next time you have more luck. I know that it really sucks when she arrives when you’re ttc. Hang in there. Sorry that Aidan isn’t feeling well.

Mooshie – aagghh for af. She’s such a *****, isn’t she?! Better luck next month. Yay for winning volleyball too!

Dach – have a great time in QLD. Hope the weather fines up for you – it sucks at the moment. Yes, Charlie DOES suddenly seem really big! I guess I have to remind myself that he is still so little and not expect too much of him. Glad that Imran and Yasin are having fun together.

Mel – IKWYM about the weather. It’s driving me crazy! The two girls sound so cute together. Hope you’ve got all your photos sorted out – it takes ages, doesn’t it? You’ve reminded me that I wanted to do my hair too… ah, but finding the time is another thing entirely!

DH has an SDO today, which is nice. We’re both a bit weary because Toby had incredible wind pain last night (well, about 5 am) and wouldn’t settle. Finally he did and both boys let us sleep in until 9am though, which was nice. Toby has been having a bit of trouble settling lately – I hope it’s just a phase because he’s usually really good. At least he’s still good at night, which is the main thing – feed and straight back to sleep unless something’s wrong. Charlie is doing ok, although yesterday in the car Toby was screaming, so Charlie started screaming too. Mum was there too and was upset by it so tried to soothe Toby by rocking the car seat. For some reason that just made me more frustrated – there’s nothing you can do in that situation, doing that only makes yourself feel better, not the baby, so what’s the point?! Ah, just taking each day as it comes atm. What’s everyone got planned for the weekend? We’re having a relaxing Saturday and then DH has a concert at Maleny on Sunday, so that should be nice. It will be the first occasion when we take both the boys out in public (except for shopping yesterday with Mum, which was a nightmare!), and I’ll be having to look after them for a fair while on my own too because DH will be soundchecking and warming up, and then performing, so I hope it all goes ok! Anyway, have a rad weekend if I don’t get on here before then. Big hugs to you and your bubs.

Kellee Guest

Thought I must have dropped off the notifications for this one, but no, we're all just quiet! Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.

LOL Kellee a few birthdays around & yep we're quiet I had to work this weekend & then DH & I have just been looking at cars.... URGH! I hate big decisions and so does DH. But Matilda was hilarious running around the car yards climbing in all the cars LOL. Kept everyone on their toes. We haven't found anything yet. We are looking for a bigger car as ours won't fit 2 car seats & a pram in without a fight, and I don't want to have to deal with 2 children & fighting a pram just to get into the car. Plus our car is almost 9 years old and falling apart. So... we were looking at toyota corolla wagons and had a look at a suburu forrester today. All okay cars, just wish we had another $20,000 to get something newer & very reliable. I would love a PT Cruiser and we saw one today & it will fit the pram & 3 car seats in, aw well.... another $20,000 is all we need LOL

I've got a sinus infection atm & am pretty miserable but other than that things are all going well here. Matilda keeps putting her party hats on & saying "I turned 2!" very very cute.

Mel & Mooshie - yep it was me that has Matilda on toddler's milk because she isn't good on milk. I only give it at bed time and nap time too, not as part of a meal or before meals or anything. It doesn't seem to affect her appetite, but some days she's better than others. Some days like today she'll eat anything put in front of her & other days she survives on vegemite sandwiches and we are okay with that too.

hey girls

yep queit again, comes and goes doesn't it?

Christy hoiw cute is Matilda and pmsl at herin a car yard. Give them something to do lol Hope you get a good car, you never quite have the money that you want do you? Did I hear 3 car seats in the last part? Is that a plan?lol

Kellee- hope you are enjoying your weekend and getting some sleep.

I was up till 2am chatting on msn to a friend last night lol house was trashed as arron put Jess to bed when I went to a body shop party last night and let the other 3 trash the place while he slept on the couch. So spent the ,morning cleaning and the arvo sewing, Arron took 2 kids to his mums, 1 to the footy and Jess was in bed asleep. So it was a productive arvo and a quiet one too. He has booted off back to the footy club now to try and organise us visiting a friends but honestly I really don't feel like going anywhere. But he will orgnise it anyway. Jess has stripped all her clothes off and is running around the house in odd gumboots lol, I think her skirt slipped off and then she got her top wet with her drink and so took that off too. She went to the toilet all day on Thursday I was home doing nothing so let her run around pantsless and she only had 1 small accident trying to go to the toilet by herself. So that sounds all good, won't be long bf she is toilet trained in the day I'd say, better buy her some undies lol, they will fall off her she is sotiny, just 11 kgs I think. And speaking of immunisations, I have to take her for her chicken pox, will do that when the kids go back to school.

anyway I am hoping to get to Target tomorrow to layby some stuff and maybe big w too
    have a good one
    michelle

LOL Michelle over my DH's body would we be having 3!!! WOW Jess is going so well with TT!! I'm so not even game to start, I think I'd better get a book or something because Matilda truely loves the toilet. She's a bit thin so I haven't been able to find any undies for her, but Big W is a good idea, may have to venture out LOL

lol Christy, maybe in a few years when the first 2 are big you might go back lol. My 1st 2 didn't TT till 2 and a half, but Jemma started herslef at 19 mths and was day trained by 22 mths. She just would take her nappy off and say she needed to go, so I let her run around pantless and it happened. Jess is exactly the same, she is 21 mths now almost 22 mths and she is just doing it herself really, I just gettold when she needs to do wees and I take her and that is that. I think having everybody else going to the toilet makes it easier. Jess is the same I amsure the undies won't fit her lol, I used to have tiny pairs when Jordan was little but gave them to my cousin and never saw them again.

michelle - yeah getting the simple things done like your hair is a big deal - the colour ended up a lot darker its kind of black with red through it but it will fade in time, i also decided to cut my hair & cut layers into & it doesnt look too bad - lucky my hair is naturally curly so it doesnt look crooked? bummer you had to clean up the mess but at least you have had a productive day

kelle - hope toby hasnt had anymore wind probs - poor little guy - how is charlie going now that toby has been around for a bit - hope you have a great day at maleny & that it stops raining - ive had enough of being inside

christy - lol at matilda in the car yard at least she got to run around - car shopping is no fun so i hope you get what you want - how cute of matilda saying she turned 2 you will have to teach her say she's going to be a big sister - hope your sinuses are better

we had a busy day thursday - my 16month old nephew came for the day & he is full on though he was good & eliana & him are so cute together - i got them organised to go out for a walk in between it raining (was borrowing the double pram from the family in the main house) but only got as far as the road before it poured but the kids were happy enough watching the rain from the garage! at least my sil helps tidy the toys up - today old family friends were up from sydney so we went to my parents - it was good to catch up & for them to see eliana again - she charmed all of them & then went crazy when he cousins arrived - eliana's dad was waiting her for us when we got home so she was happy to see him with a huge (& i mean huge) soft toy dog - will prob go to the movies tomorrow as i have a free double pass - i want to see that jennifer aniston movie

hope everyone else's weekend is going well

Kellee Guest

Christy – oh yuck, car hunting. That’s always a scary thing to do. We’ve got a ’93 Holden Apollo s/wagon and it’s great. They are the same as the wide body Toyota Camries, so I can highly recommend them. We’ve never had a major problem with it since we bought it just before I accidentally fell pg with Charlie – just as well or we would have been trying to fit two car seats and a pram in my old clapped out ’89 Mitsubishi Colt! Sorry you’re not feeling very well atm. Hope it passes soon. Can you take much for it? I would imagine that you just have to ride it out being pg and all. Bubbas have no idea what we go through for them! Matilda sounds very cute with her hat, too.

Mitch – 2 am?! You crazy woman. You’re always on here when I’m on late at night… you should be getting some sleep! Yay for Jess with the tt too – sounds like she’s going great guns. Hope you go well with the shopping.

Mel – It’s great that Eliana has a cousin so close in age. Charlie and Toby are the only grandchildren on either side, so they’ll have to make do with each other for now. Damn the rain too! I’ve been wanting to go walking all week and every time I go to it rains. Getting very annoyed now. I know I should put the concerns of the drought-stricken nation before my own vain weight loss concerns, but I want to go for a walk, damn it! Sounds like you’ve had a lovely few days with your family too. Enjoy the movies… I can’t remember the last time I went to the movies!

Dinner was great. Had a lovely dinner with a friend of mine who offered to come around and cook for us and watched a DVD with crazy gypsy musicians on it. Really made me want to go and play some music, but, alas, the piano is up against the wall adjacent to Charlie’s room and he’s asleep, do I don’t think that will be happening! I really feel like I need to get back into practicing again – even 30 minutes 3 or 4 times a week would be good but finding that kind of time at the piano is beyond comprehension at the moment. * sigh * Oh well. One day! Just killing time waiting for Toby to wake up for his next feed – shouldn’t be too long now but I don’t want to wake him… I hate doing that. I bet that he’ll sleep for hours now that I’ve decided to wait up, but if I went to bed he’s wake up two minutes later! Have a lovely Sunday, everyone

lol Kellee I am on here again now. I actualy am basically logged in all day and come and go as need be. Have you considered just walking in the rain, if you get desperate may be the only way, although I am guessing you aren't going alone! Do you have to take the boys when you go? Jordan was the only grandkid for a long time, almost 5 years, was not good as too much got brought for her ad not many people to play with. My ocusin had a little girl when Jordan was 2 but we didn't really see her and then my other cousin had a little girl 2 mths after Josh and we saw them all the time, it was great. She had another 12 mths bf Jemma, but sadly they live over 2 hrs away now and thekids dont see them, they miss them heaps. My niece is Jemma's age so it is nice. But my brother won't be having anymore I would say, not for a long while anyway and my sister.....who knows se is a total stress head and lives in Canberra anyway so we prob wouldn't see them. *sigh* and I was going to be a really cool aunty too.

Mel sounds like the rain walking was fun to me, bet the kids thought so too.

cheers michelle

Do you girls ever sleep??!!

I am still sick, very sore throat, and after Aidan recovered from the cold, he caught a gastro bug which has been horrible. I hope he is better tomorrow. I have a job interview (scary) and I don't want to feel bad leaving him and worrying about him while I am there. Nothing worse than your mind being somewhere else!

Thanks for all the TTC support, I am just too impatient! Let's hope it will happen for us soon.

Hi to everyone and their beautiful bubs!

Hey Jessica. If you're like me, as much as you want another baby - as soon as you see that BFP - you will say "what the heck am I doing this again for" LOL. I really hope you get your BFP soon though.

As for me, it is Paiges 2nd birthday tomorrow and I am about to start decorating her cake. I picked out a butterfly from my Women's Weekly cake books and it looks easy enough LOL. I just can't believe she is 2 already. By the time the other two were this age, I had a 4 month old baby, so they seemed really grown up by now, but Paige is still my baby IYKWIM?

Oh well, off to decorate a cake...

Hey Jess good luck witht he interview....what is sleep by the way?? LOL I actually don't need much sleep, just the way I am, like my dad. It is hard not to be impatient when ttc, hope it happens soon. And hope you feel better and poor Aidan too, gastro is the pits.

Well all the kids except Jess went to the movies with my mum to see Over the hedge today. So Jess slept for ahile and I had free time, but it wasn't very productive, a gf and her 2 boys are vcoming for lunch tomorrow so I will need to fire up in the morning and have it all tidied up bf they come, plus I need to get down to buy lunch stuff inthe morning, nothing like being flat out.

Good luck with your cake making Sherie I bet it will be yummy!

Anyway better run

Hey Sherie IKWYM about the baby thing. Jess is going to be 2 on the2nd sept and it is almost surreal, esp since she is so timy, she is now completely grown out of sz 0 clothes and into size ones lol. Today was her first day of wearing little undies, and she had an accident trying to take herself to the toilet and did wee on the floor of my ensuite and forgot the poohs and did it in them later. But all in all she is a superstar lol

I hope Paige has a lovely birthday tomorrow.
    hugs Michelle

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast