Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #10

Default Babies Born January - June 2005 #10

This thread is for parents who's baby was born January - June 2005

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-

Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your old thread can be found here

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.
    Last edited by Astrolady; January 31st, 2007 at 01:37 PM.

LOL deb, sorry

whats Gabby up to?? Declans the only one up atm and is watching thomas the tank... again...

Debbie Lee Guest

She's snoozing Always good. Neil is asleep too so it's blissfully quiet here!

Lucky for some!! Declan was getting whingy, so i stuck him back in bed (Xander woke him up early) And now Xander and Allie are up...

Geez it's quite in here girls. Sorry I can't be stuffed going back to the old thread to find out what's going on.

Deb, I hope your enjoying your fruit salad. Hopefully Gab will start to eat more fruit for you now. They always want what you have so lead by example hey How's your MS going ??

Simone, my kids always tag team sleeps. Gives me the craps. I like total peace, at the moment it's killing me because I have the big boys home on holidays too. Never a moments peace around here.

Noah has a nice big graze down his face. Mark took him to the park yest arvo on his scooter. While he was playing here he fell off and cleaned up his face. His left cheek is grazed from the corner of his eye, to his ear then donw to his mouth. Poor buggar, it looks so sore. Could be worse though.

Tehya is being a fruitloop as ususal. She is dancing in circles to play school. She has woken up 3 mornings in a row now dry. Fantastic. If she does have a nappy on during the day though she will wee in it. We went shopping today and I went to the change room and she went for a wee there. I really need to get some seat covers for her. Dirty toilet seats are bad enough for us, but so much worse for little ones and they can't hold on while you cover the seat with paper.

I got her some more undies today but most of them just fall right off her. I will have to go to the little Asian shops to get little undies. Their sizes are always way smaller.

Hope all mummy's and little people are doing well

Trish - i buy these antiseptic toilet wipes for xander, and just give the whole toilet seat (top and underneath) a quick scrub. Then he gets to scrub his hands as hard as he can But yay for dry night!! Xanders only been in jocks for about 1 month, because although most nights have been dry for about 5-6 months, he still had accidents. Now no more

I should be getting off my butt and going shopping, we are having a baby buddies june 06 meet at one fo the girls places tomorrow... she wants us to mkae a start on her wine cellar She has over 500 bottles and some need to br opened straight away... so we're all bringing food and going from there. I'm taking a cheese platter... King Island Camembert, brie, edam and a good cheddar with my fav cracked pepper crackers mmm... im worried about buying them as im afraid i will eat it all tonight!!

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL @ Tehya's skinny butt... so great that the TT is going well!
    Poor Noah!! Hope his face doesn't scar or anything, Trish.

Simone - awww I wanna come to your baby buddies meet!! LOL Sounds like fun!

Ok... caught my Mum out on a fib!
    "Oooerrrr!" I hear you all say.
    Annnyway, she's always maintained that all of us were TT by 2. I was flicking through my infant welfare book last night comparing myself to Gabby.
    She's got:
    1st Nov 1980 - potty training started
    (so I was 22 months old)
    March 1981 - potty trained
    (so I was 2 and 1 month).
    Close enough, right?
    Well, further down after a few other milestones:
    30 Jan 1982 - 1st time gone to bed at night without a nappy.
    Ah ha!! So I wasn't fully TT by 2 at all!! Yeah.. I was during the day but I was almost 3 before I was doing the night time thing too.
    And I reckon we were only TT during the day because she had a potty where she could literally strap us in and we couldn't get up! That's why we learned so quick! We would have inadvertantly wee'd, got praise for it then it would have clicked! Bit hard to get Gabby to accidently wee in her potty when she won't even sit in the darn thing! LOL

Deb - we are buying a new potty. Its from Motherworld, I went in and asked for the easiest and most popular potty. Its about $40, and its a baby bjorn with a really high back.
    Maybe you should hit up one of your sisters to buy you one?

Debbie Lee Guest

Sounds like a plan, Fi... I just got the cheapy one from kmart and Gab's not all that agile when trying to sit on it. $40 is quite reasonable. Will see how we go. I've got to go into Warrnambool and do some shopping soon anyway.

We just have the $7 potty from target, left over from xander...works for us!! Declan thinks its fun to sit in it, but nothing in it yet. I thought he did, but xander had beat him to it... lil buggar!! Will have to put Xander in a nappy tonight, DH gave him a huge drink about 1/2 an hour ago, and i know it wont be all out by bedtime...

We use Noah's potty. I think it cost about $25 from Kmart It's one of those chair ones that have the front to them to keep them in there. Don't use the front of course. Couldn't even tell you where it is.

Simone, I was thinking about buying some of those Pine O Clean wipes to keep in the nappy bag. Sounds like Xander has done well with his TT. Declan will get there soon.

Deb, LOL at your mum's fib. Maybe age has made her forget the finer details.

Fi, goodluck with the new potty too. Hopefully Jenna likes to use it.

Not much happening today. Have to take Joel over againf for community service again. Going to be a stinker here again. Was up to 40 degrees yest, and supposed to get there again today.

Debbie Lee Guest

Yuk @ 40 degrees, Trish. It's meant to be pretty mild here over the weekend. Thank goodness! I like mild There were some fires out near Warrnambool yesterday so hopefully the cooler weather will help.
    What did Joel think of his first community service day? Did he whinge and complain or say it was ok?

Deb - Jenna hated her budget one from Target. She wiggles around on it and it looks too uncomfy. Hopefully the new one will help her get things in the right place

Deb, he actually didn't mind it. He is keen to go back next week, and today when I picked him up (in the 40 degrees heat with no air in the car) he said he was going to ask if when he has finished if he can go over there some times to help out.
    He cooked the BBQ there today for lunch, they didn't do much work apparently, too hot.

Oh I think I saw those fires on the news lastnight, who knows, there are fires everywhere.

I'm sitting here with a Cruiser, even with the air on it's stinking inside. Teh is asleep on the lounge, the rooms are too hot. Trying desperately to keep the boys quiet so she can sleep.

Just a quick hi. I'm so tired. Tom has been waking every two hours. We went to dinner and a movie for dad's last night in Brissy while he baby sat on Wed night. I got to bed at midnight and Tom woke for a feed before we had to get up at 4am for DH to take Dad to the airport.

Jack is doing so well. He is speaking more and more every day. Yesterday I woke up to him poking me in the forehead. When I woke up properly I realised he had sunscreen in his other hand (he'd used his stool for washing hands to climb up and get it). He hadn't opened it though, he was pretending to put it on me then he said "mummy has sun cream on". Quite cute really. He also says "naughty daddy" a lot which I like!! and "little brother Thomas". But his favorite word is "want" which I guess is typical. He says things like "want to have some" "want some more" or "want to hold it". Oh well, I don't suppose that's going to get better any time soon. At least it means I know what he wants!

Well it is official Eliza is devolpmental delayed..they are just trying to figure out whether it is multiple or just speach. Life is abit hectic~All your kids sound amazing some how I know we will be along way off any of it
    Bec

Debbie Lee Guest

Who is "they" Bec? Huge hugs... maybe it's not that serious?

Not much going on here, had a big day with my june baby buddies, had so much fun, had to take declan with me. Got called to daycare thurs arvo as declan had a 39.6 temp, but he was just teething. i took him home. They wouldnt let me take him back today even though his temp broke late last night!! I was so angry as they let some little boys who was obviously really ill (was shivering in a corner) be dropped off last week - his mum was just walking out as i came in!! But the director has been sacked and a new one coming in next week, so hopefully the place picks up abit. I have done the ring around but cant get them in anywhere else... I think they sacked the director as there's been alot of complaints about how the centre is run with her around...

I should be outside finding my stupid cat, she stays indoors most of the time, but goes out for a run in the evening. I've already heard her get into about 10 fights tonight, but i cant catch her... She's fine if she comes in early enough, but she just wont come in... before she was running all over the roof! Stubborn cat

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast