Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #9

Default Babies Born January - June 2005 #9

This thread is for parents who's baby was born January - June 2005

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-

Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread is HERE

YAY I get to be first

damn trish you beat me...

Not much going on here, really feel in the mood to get out and do something, but dont know what... I have energy for once!

Thought I`d pop in quickly to let you know I`ll probably be a bit scarce in the next few days with my Mum here, she doesn`t visit often so I like to spend as much time with her as I can.

I ended up ringing Mum and asking her if she could come on Saturday, MIL was far from impressed so I thought instead of WW3 breaking out I better postpone Mum for 2 days, I have to say MIL`s whole attitude changed once she knew Mum wasn`t coming until Saturday.

I`ve got a very sore arm, it`s similar to carpal tunnel that I get in pregnancy but it`s a lot worse (all tingling and very heavy dead feeling with pain), I`m wondering if the boys weights have something to do with it as it`s the arm I use 90% of the time and each time I use the arm for lifting them it gets quite painfull.

Sorry for no personals, just in a bit of a rush.

Take Care

Dee

Hi chickies,
    Just posting in..lol Have I told you all that I am the Sleeping Guru!!! I have the touch OMG I am just so excited to have a child that sleeps 12hrs now. Going down isnt a battle it is actually nice...my child is wonderful. I'm going to write a book pmsl. Hmmm thinking actually it has only been 1 week but guee for a mum that hasnt had a good nights sleep for 20 months it is wonderful. It makes the TTC again seem alittle better when your child sleeps.
    We are over our illnesses but have a mamoth job of cleaning out all the christmas leftovers in the fridge..I'll get to it before it gives us all food poisoning or worse.
    Ahh anyway glad everyone is ok....hope the new mum and the preggys are well..will call you tomorrow Fifi
    Mwahh to everyone have a great night sleep
    Bec

Hi guys, long time no chat! Not a lot going on around here at the moment. I've updated Zander's site with some Chrissy photos, his three favourite presents are his bite hehe (bike), his drum kit (yes my brother bought him a full on drum kit) and his Elmo. He's loving his new toys to bits & tomorrow hopefully will be able to have a go on his trampoline after daddy mows & we set it all up.

I hope everyone's well & I'll try to keep up a bit better now that the Christmas craziness is over. Although we are going to QLD from 13-23 of January so I may be a bit scarce then. As for TTC, I'm on the downward slide out of yet another cycle. It's kinda depressing when you think you're about to hit 12 months AGAIN *sigh*

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Sarah I'm sorry you're about to hit 12 months. That totally sux.
    Love the Chrissy photos of Zander! He looks like such a little man now.

Bec - that's wonderful that you're getting such great sleep lately! Good job Eliza! PMSL @ you being a guru

Dee - yay for your Mum coming to visit. You should have let her come when MIL was there... hehehe. Have someone batting in your corner Hope you have a good time. Sorry to hear about your arm. Definitely better get it checked out.

Gabby let me sleep in until 9:45am this morning! OMG! Heavenly! I had to go and check to see if she was alive tho. Yep... snoring away. I think she needed to catch up on sleep as much as I did. Neil is back at work today after 4 days of non-stop drinking (at least that's how it felt!). He went to the cricket on the 27th then had his mate here overnight (drinking into the wee hours... of course!). We went to Halls Gap yesterday for lunch. The boys had the bright idea of going on one of the shorter bush walks. Well... what about the fact that we were all in thongs? Can the pram go on these bush walks? I asked Neil and he fully snapped at me (dropping the F bomb and all!). A-hole! Apparently he's sorry and is going to make it up to me on his next block off. Hmm... still not a way to speak to your Mrs. I hate it when he's around his mate. The old Neil comes out all to easily.
    Gotta do groceries and housework today but I'm just taking it easy. Not like there's any hurry!

No Deb...I suck again lol
    I am hanging up my sleeping guru hat!
    Bec

Debbie Lee Guest

Awwww! That's a bugger, Bec! Just when you get used to sleep, hey?
    Will be thinking about you guys and your angel Audrey tomorrow. Hope you have a nice day

Anyone up to anything interesting tonight? We're staying home. Neil finishes work tonight at 6 but after getting up at 4:30am I doubt he's interested in doing anything too strenuous. He's got night shift tomorrow night so he can still have a couple of drinks. Lucky bugger!
    Gab will be in bed asleep to ring in the New Year... hehehe. Hek... all 3 of us might be!

Ooo excitement that I forgot to share! Our chooks laid their first 2 eggs on Christmas day! So proud of our little Parma and Kiev. We've been getting at least 1 egg a day since. I'll have to make a quiche! hehehe

ROFL at your chooks names Deb hehe!! They appeal to my sense of humour! We're having a relatively quiet one at home tonight with Piper & her parents coming for a BBQ. We had friends ask us to a party but I didn't want to go & have Zander out until all hours, he may stay up a bit later with Piper here but he's at home with his toys etc rather than somewhere with nothing to do.

Debbie Lee Guest

Good idea! I think we could get away with it more last year when they were littler. I know Gab slept in the pram most of last NYE. Sounds like you guys will have a lovely night

Gabby is still asleep from her arvo nap can you believe? I'm letting her sleep so that she can stay up a bit later tonight. I need to vacuum but can't until she wakes up (darn!! hehehe). Just been cooking the dog's food and putting away the mountains of clothes that were taking over the loungeroom.

Happy new year everyone

havent been around much as we went away for a few days and still have parents here till Luke's birthday on wednsday, hope everyone is well

All is ok here, Mason is a run amok and Cooper doesnt sleep much at all during the day but does overnight so thats ok

catch up soon

HAPPY NEW YEAR girls Hoping it brings with it lots of new healthy babies and pregnancy's (just not my own)

Belinda, good to hear that the boys are going well. Enjoy the last few days of your mum being there and hopefully giving you a little break.

Deb, hope you had a good night. Half your luck at getting a sleep in until 9.45, fingers crossed you get the same this morning. Yay on getting some little eggs too. OMG, your eating what could be your grandchildren

Sarah, cute pics of Zander. Looks like he loves that RC car of his, just like dad's hey. Hope you had a good night lastnight too.

Bec, gee am I was about to send my daughter to the sleeping guru. What's worse getting a taste of sleep or not remembering what it's like ?? Atleast you know that Eliza can do it. She just chooses not to.

Dee, hope you enjoy your visit with your mum. When does MIL go home ?? Ouchies on your sore arm too. Hopefully it gets better real soon for you.

Fi, hoping that you guys had a lovely night together. You new little family of 4.

We did nothing lastnight. We were out for the day yesterday, Brandon has gone camping again with ex SIL so we drove him out there (same place Mark went to) and spent the day there. I got sunburnt across the top of my back, not too bad thankfully. Of course Teh got car sick about 15 minutes away from the place !!

Tehya had a great time swimming in the pool and splashing about in the river. Although I must say it is a real pain trying to get sand out of girly bits. Of course Teh would wear no pants as usual. Funny, we were going for a walk through the camp park up towards the back in the hope of spotting the roo's. Anyway, Teh walks off the track and over to a tree, she opens her legs and holds her fanny with 2 hands and does a wee. Hmmm can you tell she has brothers ?? I keep telling her she doesn't need to hold it. PMSL. Oh yeah, we saw roo's too.

By the time we got home Noah and Tehya had crashed out, and I followed shortly after them on the lounge. Tehya woke up at 11.50 and wasn't going back to sleep, there were so many fireworks going off around here so I put the tv on in my room and Teh and I lay in bed and watched the fireworks together It was nice.

She is still using the potty pretty good. Now we don't get every wee in there, not even half of them, but we are slowly on the way. We just keep her nappy off for most of the day. I have moved the potty out of the bathroom so that it is easier for her to get to.

I hope everyone has a fantastic new year's day and that lots of alcohol is drank by all that can.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Hope everyone had a great night Ours was pretty good, Zander stayed up until 10:00 but was going a bit crazy so off to bed he went. Piper crashed out right on 11:59:30 hehe - we know that cos they had the fireworks countdown on TV.

My body is too over trained so I woke up at 5.45 this morning, yuck LOL! Took my temp then went back to sleep for a while, but for some reason I can't sleep in past about 7.45 which is a pain! Both of my boys are still sleeping & I'd say for a while too. Not much planned for today, I was thinking of going to the beach but it's yucky & overcast. Might just build Zander's trampoline & have a quiet one.

ETA: Posted at the same time Trish! Sounds like Tehya is well on her way with the toilet training We're thinking of starting pretty soon as well, probably the end of the month when we get back from QLD. No drinking here LOL, I was debating all day whether or not I should then didn't. Fingers crossed it was a worthwhile decision hey
    Last edited by {sarah}; January 1st, 2007 at 07:42 AM.

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - yes... fingers and toes crossed that it was well worth not having a drinky-poo for you Gab and Neil are still asleep too... tho I woke at 8:30am so not too bad! hehe How funny that Piper made it to 11:59:30... that's hilarious!

Trish - PMSL @ Teh holding her woo-woo to wee. Certainly sounds like monkey-see monkey-do. She's pretty clever with the potty! Good on her. I think Mum said my littlest sister TT without much of a hassle too. I guess 3 older siblings help! She walked at 9 months too.... she's always been an over-achiever! Still is... working FT and studying FT... makes me feel ill!! hahaha Sounds like you guys rang in the new year nice and peacefully.

Belinda - it's not so bad when the kids don't sleep during the day but you still get a decent night's sleep, hey? Hope you enjoy the rest of the time with your folks.

We did diddly last night. We watched TV - of course there was nothing on so we ended up watching some b-grade movie on foxtel. Gab went to bed at about 9:30 of her own accord. She packed up her toys and said "no-nighs" and trotted off to her room! hehehe I like this packing up toys business! Neil and I went to bed at about 11pm... didn't even see the New Year in. We feel old! We did make sure we had a celebratory roll in the hay first tho... our last for 2006!! hehehehe

Sarah, doesn't it give you the [email protected] when you wake up and can't go back to sleep and the whole house is still asleep.

Had a peek at your chart (who can resist) looking good there hun.

We are taking a very relaxed approach with Tehya's tting. She's not even 2 yet so I'm not stressing. I had a friend ask me yet why she wasn't potty trained yet. I said to her she's only 21 months old, she geos to the potty but not all of the time. That shut her up. She obvioulsy thought Teh was older, then she told me how her daughter didn't even start on the potty until she was 2 and a half. Not that there's a prob with that either of course.

Have fun building the tramp. Mark wants to get one for the kids now after playing on a friends big round one the other day. We have to wait until we get a front fence, the backyard is way too small.

Sorry Deb, posting at the same time. Good on you for getting your last shag in for the year. Mark was after a bit last night and this morning but I'm out of order at the moment (af)

What a good girl Gab is going to bed by herself. I so wish. And of course fantastic that she likes to pack up her toys. Hope she keeps that up for you.
    Last edited by Trish; January 1st, 2007 at 08:02 AM.

No such luck with the crossed fingers guys, pretty sure I'll be out by the end of the day *sigh* I probably wouldn't have had much to drink last night anyway.

No tramp building today now, it's raining. No idea what to do now, I feel like doing *something* but not much to do in the rain on NY day.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast