Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #10

Debbie Lee Guest

I think I'm going to put a tall boy on layby for Gabby's room and ask family to contribute to that rather than get more toys etc. for her birthday. She's got SO much stuff and we only have a little house. I know it's a boring present (we'll still buy her 1 or 2 other things) but she's still too young to notice or care

Same Deb, that's why he's getting a fan & toy stacker thing, I think next year and on we won't be able to get away with that

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh for sure... next year it'll be "Where's my present?" LOL

Ooohhh... I thought of something that Violet loves... She just loves playing with Emily's Magnadoodle Not sure if you think it would be too old for them, but just a thought

Tanya

Tanya, I don't think it's too old for them at all. When Thomas arrived, he brought a present for Jack which was one of those magnetic sketchers. He loves it and uses it all the time.

I agree with you all, we have the same thing with Jack. With 5 grandparents he gets way too many clothes and toys. He has 30 t-shirts in his current size and enough toys to fill a toy shop. I mentioned this to everybody this year but guess what - we still got lots of toys. And my MIL who knows he has too many clothes as she bought most of them, bought him more clothes. And a Thomas the Tank Engine Duplo set as well as she didn't think she'd got him enough - WTF!!!! I would really prefer people to put money in his bank account or buy him books or something like that.

Jack's party went pretty well yesterday. Luckily the other mums were really helpful. I had underestimated how hard it would be to entertain, provide food and drinks for adults and kids, and look after two of our own as well. But they all seemed to enjoy themselves so that's the main thing.

Well, today is my first day of not having 2 under 2 anymore and it doesn't seem any easier yet LOL!!

LOL at it not being easier yet Melanie! Glad the party went well though

I'm now thinking of buying a mini mouse for Zander & also a game for the computer. As for the magnadoodle, he's a bit rough with textas / pencils / crayons, so at this stage it wouldn't last long!

hey just marking a spot

being pottering around, had a crap weekend and was ill on saturday which might of been a drink spiking, but better now, just so tired

Mason and Luke are at daycare and school today but i have to go to bank, gggrr to having a passbook account sometimes, but harder to get to money when i really want some so good as well lol

Hey all,

Had my first meltdown today with the two children. OMG - I bawled and bawled!! I think Hamish is having a growth spurt, but he is getting terrible tummy pains with it. Poor sausage. So he hasn't slept properly (like more than 30mins) since 9pm last night. I had a baaaaaaad night. And Jenna is cutting her eye teeth - her hands are in her mouth constantly (better than someone elses I guess ) so she is sleeping really badly too.
    So big meltdown

Tanya - Shane bought one of those ball hopper things for Jenna for Christmas, and I put it away for a few more months. She seems to little fir it, but maybe we will try it for 2nd birthday?

Sarah - sorry to hear the bed rail saga continues. You can get some pretty tough magnadoodles - I reckon we might try something liek that for jenna maybe? SHe loves drawing in the shower.

Deb - Gabby wasn't that feral. Well OK - she was pretty feral, but Jenna didn't have any problems with it.

OK - baby screaming. I'm supposed to be having a break, but I'm going to feed him - once again. My boobs are so sore - I have fed every 2hrs since about 1am last night. Tell me it gets better girls, I'm having trouble remembering the fun times.

Fi, I have pretty much the same gap between my boys as you do between Jenna and Hamish. It definitely gets better. You have done amazingly well to get this far without a meltdown. I am sure I had one earlier than that. The first 3 months were really hard, but in the last 3 or 4 weeks Thomas has settled down a lot and suddenly it all seems so much easier. And definitely more enjoyable. I am now enjoying Tom so much more. You don't have long to go and I bet you'll see what I mean. Hang in there! BTW Tom had a growth spurt like that at the same age and I hear you on the nipples! LOL! My thoughts are with you.

Sarah, those doodlers are really tough. You should see what Jack's has survived LOL!

Jack had a great birthday today. He keeps saying "happy birthday Jack" and "birthday presents" LOL. Wow, where did 2 years go?

ETA It's also a year yesterday since we found out that Tom was on his way. Where did that year go also??
    Last edited by MantaRay; February 12th, 2007 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Add a sentence

Fi, I was just reading your post in Cailin's walking thread. You and I have a lot in common. Jack also walked at 9.5 months. I am now worried Tom will also be an early walker. He first rolled from front to back at 3.5 weeks, Jack didn't do that until 7.5 weeks. Also he is commando crawling and rolling from back to tummy better than Jack was at the same age. Uh oh - I'm not ready for another one being mobile (well any more mobile than he already is LOL).

Debbie Lee Guest

Hugs Fi. I hope last night was a better night for you. I can only imagine how hellish things are at the moment with 2 unsettled bubbas.

Zander's blinds are going to be here today!! He'll be in his big bed tonight (or tomorrow ).

Belinda, I hope you're feeling better today

Fi I hope the sleep situation gets better for you.

Happy birthday to Jack for yesterday

Oh Fi - Hugs to you, it does get better, I remember my first melt down and somedays it still happens but it is enjoyable, especially when the day comes and Hamish is actually starting to interact with Jenna, that`s just beautiful to see.

Happy Birthday Jack for yesterday, sounds like he had a great time. Jack sounds like Matthew with all his toys, far too many, I have 4 big plastic bozes filled up with his toys plus more scattered around.

Sarah - I`m not sure what we`re getting Matthew for his birthday, got another 2.5 months to decide, oh I do have a magna doodle away for him, I was going to give it to him when I was having Adrian but I forgot all about it. Woohoo for Zander`s blinds arriving.

Tanya - Great photo of Emily.

Adrian started solids on Thursday, I wondered what Matthew would do as he`s forever wanting to feed Adrian his food over the last 6 months anyway so it came to mixing the food up, here I am telling Matthew it`s Adrian`s special baby food so Matthew decided he better try it out first, after 4 attempts all which ended up with Matthew shuddering at the taste he decided Adrian can have it LOL

Matthew came down with a high temp on Saturday, not sure what it was all about, he`s fine now.

Going to make up some new playdough this afternoon, I made a batch 5 months ago and it was still good until yesterday, I think it`s the longest lasting playdough I know, Matthew loves playing with it.

Had a rough night last night, yet again, I wish this 6 month phase would be over, Adrian decided that between 1.30am and 5pm he`d get up 4 times, this doesn`t include his earlier wake up.

YAYAYAY! We survived our first night in a big boy bed He came out once & I said no it's time for sleep (caught him before he even left the room). So 10 mins later I checked on him & he was asleep!! He woke once & I think was confused where he was, but that was it. Aaaaand he didn't fall out I'm thrilled. Let's just hope it continues.

Well done Zander! That's great news Sarah. We found with Jack that he was great for the first 2 weeks, then we had one night where he kept getting up, but we kept putting him back and telling him he had to stay there. Soon he got the message and went to sleep and we haven't had any problems since. Hopefully you'll find Zander will keep up the good work too. I am sure a good first night is a very good sign.

Dee, I hope things settle for you soon.

Fi, how are you doing sweetie? Have you caught up on some sleep?

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Jack. He had a great day. He loves getting presents LOL!

Tom has had an unsettled couple of days and nights too, but is asleep now so hopefully we are through the worst of it.

Yay Sarah, must've been a huge relief! I hope it continues.

Tanya

Time for a new thread

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678