Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #12

Good to hear from you Bec LOL at Eliza hiding your keys... it's funny from where I sit anyway. I bet I would be SCREAMING if I were you tho...

Belinda... Urgh! Teething!! any relief?

Violet woke very early this morning (she has been really good the passed 3 nights *knock knock*), it must have been about 6am (still dark).... 'Mummy I'm cold'. SO I went in and tucked her in then went to the loo. On my way back passed I heard her wimpering but left her. I went back to bed and 5 minutes later hear her talking... I think the cat must've went in... then she starts singing 'I'm a little tea pot'... LOL... she went back to sleep tho... hehe

I hope you are all well.

Tanya

Hi gals. Glad to hear that things are looking up for most of you.

Belinda, I hear you - I had two teething at once a couple of weeks ago too.

I have to say a big WOO HOO for Tom - he slept for 8 hours last night. It's the first time in months, and probably only the 5th time or so ever! Touch wood that it's the start of things to come!!

I had a call from Jack's day care on Friday. They have a spot for Tom one day a week from July 9. Unfortunately it's not the same day as Jack, but it is my other work day (I work Mon & Thurs atm). And they are pretty sure Jack will able to start on Mondays too from August (he is going up to the next room then and also hopefully going to 2 days a week). In the meantime it means 4 trips to kindy a week (2 for Tom on Monday and 2 for Jack on Thurs), but at least it is my work days. So MIL will just look after Jack on Mon and Tom on Thurs. It's great atm as I am working from home, so can still feed Thomas, but I will have to go to a client site at some stage. I'm sad that Tom is going to day care as I will see less of him while I am still working from home, but I also think it's easier if they start day care before 12 months. Plus MIL is going away for 3 weeks in Sep, so if both boys have two kindy days by then I won't be stuck while she is away.

Jack's questions phase is getting worse - Friday he asked me how the sun makes the sky purple.

Thanks Bec and sounds like nights are good there with DH doing the sleep routine

Tanya: they seem to be over it again thankgod, how cute about the teapot song

Melanie: hope the daycare thing works out well and they both end up with the same days

All is ok here, had a busy weekend that involved drinking a bit, so tired yesterday and today, went for a drive today to aldi's, was ok and got some good stuff cheap, but overspend on the whole
    Dh is still not working because of the rain, hoping they are flat out once this weather clears up again, one advantage of going sub contracter is that he doesnt have to work many days to get a full weeks wage compared to his last full time job, so we kind of scrape by, although i would rather live well every week, toss up i guess

Cooper is crawling forwards now, cant remember if i mentioned he was crawling backwards, he is getting there, dont think it will be long and he will be chasing us all around, he has 4 others to chase around so should tire him out more lol

Surely there is more posts after mine in this thread, have i missed where a new one is??

OMG, how badly has this place died. So sorry for going MIA girls. Heaps going on for me right now.

Belinda, I hope the boys are going well and not giving you too much grief

Melanie, how are Thomas and Jack going ?? WOW Thomas is one in a couple of day's. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him !! Got anything special planned ?

Tanya, how are the girls going ? I bet Bonnie is settling in nicely with your family. How's Violet going being a big sister. I'm not really sure how Tehya is going to cope. She's already digging her heals in to stay the baby, but is so grown up in so many ways.

Sarah, how is Zander going ? Does he understand about the baby yet ? I found it gets easier as your belly gets bigger. Especially if they have been around other pregnant women and then got to see the baby afterwards. Makes it seem more real for them.

Dee, I hope Adrian and Matthew are well. How did your holiday go ? Hope you all enjoyed yourselves

Bec, how are you and Eliza going ? Sounds like she is coming along just great, and I would imagine even better now than yours last post.

Fi, how are the kiddies going ? I bet Hamish is getting big. I occassionally look at your blog and see updated pics of the kids. Jenna is a real cutey, as is Hamish of course.

To any one that I have missed I hope you are well. Now let's see if we can revive this thread !!

Tehya is going well. I have just enrolled her to start going 2 days to daycare now. So both will be there on Thurs and Fridays now. I will still be out all day bill paying and all the rest of it on Thursday and Fridays wil be my day hopefully at home. The plan is for me to get the nursery finished and to also get stuck into my doula course. I have been really slack with it since falling pregnant. Bad I know, esp seeing as it is fully paid off now too.

I am growing huger by the day I swear. I have one very impressive belly. I put a recent shot in my gallery, and it's also linked to my preg journal.

Mark's grandfather passed away yesterday afternoon. He was diagnosed 3 weeks ago with cancer and is now gone. I can't believe how fast it gothim down. But in saying that the moment he was told he started to starve himself etc, he just wanted to go.

Hope you all have a great Sunday and all little people behave themselves.

Oh Trish, how sad. I am sorry for your loss. I hpe Mark had a chance to say goodbye.

We are all going well. I am having a couple of friends around on Tuesday in the morning, it's not a party, just using his birthday as a nice excuse for a morning tea for me, and play date for the boys. Then the ILs will come around for dinner although Tom is usually asleep during dinner so that could be interesting!! I'm going to try and change his sleeping for that day but we all know how well that works LOL!!! Honestly, I can't believe it's been a year already. It's definitely gone quicker than Jack's first year (which also flew by).

I hope everyone else is well. Hopefully everyone will update now that Belinda and Trish have got us going!

Trish: Thats sad news, i cant believe how far along you are now, amazing how life just flys by really

Melanie: glad to see you are going well, wow at Thomas being 1 next week, cant believe how the time has gone by really

my keyboard is hot, dont think thats a good thing lol

anyhow will try to pop back in a little more often to update, but it wont be that often, just so busy nowadays and now the kids are older and winter is gone it been good getting out and catching up with people again

Zander sort of understands about the baby Trish. His godmother is 16 weeks & Piper's mum is 19 weeks, so he's used to them. It's too cute every now & then he'll walk over to me sitting on the lounge & pat my belly. Nothing else, just a pat then he'll walk away!

He has also learnt to count which is too cute "one, two, swee, four, five, sis, sewen, eight" sometimes it's up to 10 but most of the time it's only to eight I've also enrolled him in pre-school for next year, one day a week & we're both very excited about that!
    Last edited by {sarah}; September 24th, 2007 at 01:05 PM. Reason: oops spelling

Realised my last update is a bit outdated lol

Cooper is now walking along the walls and stuff, so not crawling backwards now lol, he isnt walking independently yet but will walk holding one hand with you

Mason is a runamok who drives me crazy most days, he is doing great though and is a clever kid, needs a lot of stimulation to keep him out of trouble

He is still going to daycare 2 days a week, he really needs more but thats all we can do for now, he loves going

Coopers first birthday is coming up and its reminding me that it feels like the other week i was having lukes first birthday who is 9 now! the time sure does fly, he is so much like luke as well so probably why i am thinking of it, not doing much for his birthday, just family at home, he doesnt know the difference lol

otherwise everyone is going well now that the horrible winter is over

Shannon, I can't believe that day care are making it so bloody hard for you. Grrrrr to them.
    Good on you for being so positive about Jes's liver scan. I am sure it will be all fine. Fingers crossed for you guys anyway. Enjoy your time with her huni. She has had such a tough road already. Although there are days I am sure that you would kill for a break. I know I do.

Tehya is in bed with us just about everynight. Driving me mad. I so want her to stop before bub is here. I do not want 2 babes in my bed again.

How is Kassidy going ? Looks like she's growing nicely. Love those cheeks

Belinda, it all goes so fast doesn't it. All too soon hun they will all be at school.

LOL at you girls with your 9 year olds. Come and tell me when you have a 16 year old !! And lets not forget the 13 year old from hell at the moment.

Shannon, thank you so much for the offer of stuff. I will PM you my addy. Please let me know if you want anything in return or even postage costs covered

Shannon: Sorry to hear you arent getting any luck putting Jessalyn into daycare, that sucks, but sounds like you are thinking positive about it all so thats the main thing

Are you down Caboolture way??

Funny that you said we should catch up i was thinking of you just before and thought the same thing before i saw your post

And i would of agreed with ugh to the school holidays 5 mins ok but then luke decided he wanted to clean the windows, took me about 5 secs to get him a bucket with water in it lol, he is now cleaning the insides too, so he can quit school and stay home if he keeps this up lol ETA: while still typing this he decided to start whinging about what he chose to do and has quit now so i take it back about him quiting lol and ugh to holidays!

Trish: you reminded me about Richard the 17 year old, he quit his job then school so that was great!! But i didnt let him get away with it, have limited his money to 20 dollars a week for bus fares to find a job and refuse to give him money for anything else, i say to him ppl who dont work cant afford phone credit etc etc, he is down in sydney at the moment, so said when he gets back he has to find a full time job till tafe next year and is to pay his savings account back when he starts working, we shall see how it goes!

Belinda, Joel has quite school too. Driving me bloody mad. He did have a job. Actually he has had 2, but not anymore. I never get a day to myself. Even on a Thrusday when the little ones are at daycare I have him hanging around. He can't seem to grasp the concept of not just looking or applying for one or 2 jobs, then he has to sit back to wait to hear from them before he looks for another. Bloody kids !!

LOL at Luke cleaning for you too. Tehya is quite good at helping clean, most of the time anyway. ATM her fav thing to do is wash the dishes. Of course it has nothing at all to do with her getting her hands in the water !!

Thats no good about him giving in school, its such a shame but you cant tell them as you know, Richards excuse for not finding full time work was he had a relatives party to go to in sydney next week, i said well when you apply you say i have a commitment on that weekend and i wont be able to work, but he said he didnt like to do that, aaahhh

I nag the crap out of him so he doesnt hang around much lol, i cant stand him hanging around either when i have the day with just Cooper home, although he sleeps all bloody day if home anyways, but i get him up like he is going to school anyhow, i am sure he loves me lol, my plan is for him get a job to get away from my nagging, it should work i am good at it

everyone has dissapeared again lol

I'm still here hun. But no one is posting again

OOps my bad, your last post was to me.

Yes it is very upsetting that he has stopped school. However he was merely enrolled there, he wasn't attending it at all. What is worse is that my 13 year old is now trying the same crap.

I don't let Joel sleep in in the morning at all. He is woken up quite loudly It's bad enough he is sitting around on his butt, he won't be sleeping whenever he wants also.

Oh girls, please don't scare me too much - I'm dreading having teenage boys.

Not much to report here. Very busy week and one tired Mummy - nothing new really! I have converted to MCN as of this week and that's going well so far, except that Jack keeps taking the pooey ones off and getting poo everywhere! He is so ready to TT but just won't stop playing to go to the toilet. I'm going to have to spend more time with him on it. Just not sure where the time will come from!!

Trish" Whats MCN??

Trish: ahh to the other one trying it as well, i would just say you have to be at least your brothers age before that will happen, then you have 2 years to whip his butt into shape
    hope they work something out, hard when your that age to know what the hell you want to do, i still dont know what i want to do

Shannon: i am having a dejavu moment, i recall awhile back we mentioned catching up and i said where you near caboolture and you never come back lol, you trying to tell me something, huh??

I spend money again today, in captain feathersword words 'i gotta stop doing that'

Bought Cooper and Mason an outdoor setting, the chairs match our setting, but only in shape, Mason broke the table already though!!!! thinking of taking it back and exchanging it lol, but couldnt be bothered

have pest control here tommorow, not sure on when the kids can be on it again after its done?

Belinda, Modern Cloth Nappies

Well so far Brandon is doing all that he can to get in more trouble than Joel. Atleast Joel didn't start this sort of stuff until year 9 or so. Brandon is still in year 7 !!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast