Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #9

how cute, i bought xander a pair of them when he was 18mo, and he hated them, was going to buy declan a pair from trget and see how h goes... they sound cute tho

Sarah - I saw the baby havianas yesterday, they are totally gorgeous. And not that expensive either? We dont go shoe crazy for jenna, so I can't imaging getting too stressed about Hamish' shoes when the time comes.
    Hope all is well with everyone, I haven't got much time for computers at the moment,. Mum is here and all is chaos!!

how much are these haviana's??

Yep Deb, just like regular thongs.

I think they're about $18 Simone.

We don't go nuts on shoes either Fi, he only has 2 pairs plus his gummies at the moment, it's just so hard to find them for him cos he has wide feet.

Hi gals. I think we take the cake for the earliest to bed on NYE. We were both asleep by 9:30 although Tom woke for a feed just before midnight so I saw in the NY with a bub at my breast. Not so bad at all!!

Tom is still waking me up 2 or 3 times a night, and now I'm not sleeping well with a cold and sore throat, so I'm pretty tired. Luckily Jack is such a great kid, so easy. He is sort of tting atm too. He wees on the toilet at least 2 times a day (he prefers toilet to potty so he's like mummy and daddy!). He can tell us when his nappy is dirty or wet and sometimes asks to wee on the toilet but goes in his nappy most of the time. I think I'll try underwear soon as he certainly has the language skills to tt and seems ready in other ways.

In the last couple of weeks Jack seems to have really grown up. He looks and acts older and is talking in even longer sentences and using tonnes more words. Suddenly he seems like he's over 2 already (to me anyway). Even DH commented today.

Trish, have to laugh at the image of Teyha weeing like her brothers!

Sarah, good luck with TTC. I hope it's not much longer for you - wouldn't a BFP be a nice way to start a new year! I have also noticed that there are more girls shoes than boys. Each time I have had to buy for Jack there has only been 1 or 2 pairs in his size. Especially in the beginning, he was walking at 9.5 months so when we bought his first pair of shoes there were hardly any small enough.

Debbie Lee Guest

Hehehe Gab has heaps of shoes and I'm always looking for more
    She needs purple shoes to go with all her purple clothes. Trish did give me some purple thongs but they're still to big for Gabby's little feet. She's still in a size 4!

Melanie - isn't it amazing when they suddenly develop more skills... like with talking. Gabby has been like that since she's been feeling better after the croup.

In fact, I decided to write down all the words she tries to say but doesn't quite get right (calling them "Gabrielleisms") and I was quite surprised at how many words she attempts.
    Of course there's words she says correctly too (like 'baby', "Mum", "Dad", "Door" etc.).

This is what I have so far:
    warwy - water
    toes - toast
    didissed - finished
    hoos - shoes
    Doorthy - Dorothy
    duck - stuck
    pees - please
    tar - car
    Pree-ee - pretty
    tees - cheese
    too - chook
    oh ooo - oh oh
    bick - biscuit
    toot toot - train
    baa - sheep
    dee - dance
    woowoo - dog
    bowoo - bottle/sippy cup
    loose - lucy

I'm going to make a scrap page that lists them. Too cute!

Hi girls... I offically can't keep up!! I am sooo slack.

Deb, isn't it cute the sounds they come out with... a language only we can understand

Violet and Emily have heaps of shoes... I intercahnge their shose and some of their clothes they are almost the same size in everything. there is only 1 kg seperating them!! LOL

Violet is really getting her counting down... she is such a smarty... two, four, five, six. She never says one, thats the one I say.. hehe. I'll have to update the pics... I am just too lazy.

Catch up soon.

Tanya

Simone, sounds like you had a great New Year's. I haven'thad one like that in years. I know what you mean about it being cheaper out of nappies too. Already our nappies are lasting us longer which is great.

Sarah, have you had a look at Grosby shoes, they are made abit wider for bigger (fatter)babies feet. All of my kids have broad feet and as babies it was a buggar to get them shoes. And yes I do know what you mean about the boy v's girls shoes. Only now I can get from the other side Still have a hassle getting them for Noah though. Those Havianas are cute aren't they. I want to get Teh some but she hates anything between her toes.

Deb, By the time Gab's feet fit into thsoe thongs it will be winter again. LOL. I love your list of words for Gab, looks very cute. I can just see Gab stopping around in her croc's too. We just had them all on clearance in alot of the shops up here. I don't think there that popular out this way.

Melanie, sorry to hear that you aren't getting great sleep. Does it help to know that I still don't get it ?? I can symapthise(sp) with you though. I think it's a great idea to wait until language skills are more developed, that way there is less frustration. Tehya can tell us wee wee's or poo's but generally she just goes and sits on the potty by herself and does her business.

Fi, Ok we have gone crazy on shoes. I love shoes and my love for them has passed on to Tehya. She has heaps of them. Some expensive ones, and some cheaper shoes. She has slides, sandles, suede PP boots (too small now )and a pair of Nike's. I don't mind spending the extra on her runners, they have great support in them for growing feet.
    Hope Jenna and Hamish are going well.

Tanya, great to see you in here. WOW at the girls only being a kg apart. Tehya doesn't say 1 either. Not sure of her excuse though. How's the pregnancy going ? Hope your feeling well.

Teh had a couple of good stacks yesterday, first in the morning she was running in the loungeroom and fell over, she cut inside her mouth above her front top tooth. She has a nice blood gum there now. The again in the afternoon she went running out the back with the bit that you empty from the potty, full of wee and fell over on the cement. Of course her hands were full so she skinned her knee and forehead, not too bad though. Don't ask what she was doing with the potty though, I think she was taking it to pour it outside. LOL.

She is still going great guns on the potty, gee that kid can wee. No wonder we go through so many nappies.

I took Noah to see Happy Feet yesterday, not a bad movie although I think I enjoyed it more than him in parts. He wanted to go home 30 minutes into it.

Mark has just told me we're going to Ikea today. YAY I love ikea, shame I have no $$ to spend there.

I redid Tehya's site the other night. Gave it a new front page, made it look prettier again. I lost my babies online one when I had no puter and was never bothered to redo one until the other night when I was bored.
    Last edited by Trish; January 3rd, 2007 at 07:40 AM.

Morning ladies

I havent got a list of Declan's words, but i'll give you some of my favs...

Sana - xander
    bubby/annie - anneliese
    ba-i-be - back in bed (saying to xander in a cross voice)
    ****y - chocky
    tiss - matisse
    bitty - biccy

and his fav atm is whenever i ask him something, he sticks his finger out and says "No." very definite no!! He's cheeky little buggar...

LOL at the image of tehya running outside to tip her potty out. As it was pretty hot yesterday, i put some water and cheap detergent over the slip'n'slide (cant hook it up to the hose and leave it running anymore!!) and when i look out from the kitchen, Xander's trying to teach declan how to hold his "winky" and pee... had a bit of a chuckle

hey to everyone else, will catch up on more personals later, the boys are trying to kill each other...

Simone, in my house the boys are always trying to kill each other. LOL, very cute at Xander teaching Declan how to hold his Winky!! That's what brothers are for hey.

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - yeah the crocs are popular down here in the south (picture me saying that in a southern American accent! hahaha). I know people wear them in Geelong but people wear them here out in public! Gotta love the country! I've worn them to the supermarket a few times. Super-comfy! hahaha
    Awwwww I'm jealous! I WANNA GO TO IKEA! I wish they'd open one up in Geelong or something (cos I am there often enough).
    Ouchies @ Tehya's stacks. Poor chook! Isn't it frustrating when they just keep on hurting themselves all in one day! Gab did that a few weeks ago. She just kept falling over and hitting her head. Poor child probably has very few brain-cells left.

Tanya - wow @ Violet and Emily being almost the same size! You predicted that, didn't you? Cos Em is such a skinny-minnie? Could be handy for them as teenagers.... double the wardrobe and all? My 2 youngest sisters used to do that... mind they were a size 6-8 (and still are!! BIATCHES!) so I could never cash in on their wardrobes How are you feeling? Has it sunk in that you're preggo yet? Got those blue-vibes happening??

Simone - awww @ Declan and his firm "NO!". Hehehe...love the ****y for chocky. Very cute. That's so cute that Xander is trying to teach Declan how to wee! No doubt he'll pick it up in no time!
    Gabby gets confused when she sees Neil go to the toilet. She looks at him quizzicly like "why won't you sit down, Daddy?".

Oooeerr... I can just imagine what it's like with a house full of boys fighting. A bit different to when I was a kid. We'd just scream, slam doors, throw stuff, pull hair and pinch... LOL. Very girly!

I'm enjoying the peace atm. Neil and Gabby are still in bed so I'm just eating breaky and waiting for the nausea to subside. It looks like it's gonna be hot today. Ick!
    We've got friends from Geelong coming up tomorrow so I do need to clean up but I'm not going to bother until tomorrow morning because Gabby the whirlwind will just trash it all over again! Cheeky monkey.

Deb, I have no sisters so for me it was fight like the boys or get killed. Naturally I can well and truely stand up for myself against them.

I'm sure Gab still had heaps of brain cells left. Poor little chook.

So people seriously wear them shoes out in public hey. My mum wants a pair to wear in the garden. Only place I think is suitable for them, but hey, if they're comfy....

Half your luck with the peace. Tehya is being a PITA. Just being needy. Her latest thing is "I do it" little miss independant she is. Of course it's usually something that she can't do by herself so we just let her struggle until she admits defeat. PMSL. Cruel aren't we ..

My sister and i are only 18m apart and we still share our wardrobes... except im a little taller (im 172cms and she's about 150cms!!) and she's got way more boobs than i do - im back to an a after stopping bf, and she's about a c anyway!! But pretty much the same clothes fit us. When i went to perth for a visit, i took barely anything, i pinched all her stuff. She's always got loads of money (the bonus of not having kids i spose!!) so hs'es always got a great wardrobe...

Trish im so over the boys fighting... tell me, how bad does it get?? (sugar coat it for me )

I've run out of nappies today, so declan's learning to toilet train, crash course LOL Dh was meant to get the nappy bag with about 5 nappies in it out of the car before he left for work, but he forgot (just like he forgot to lock the car up, or the house up last night grrrr....)

Declan is being a PITA atm, he keeps getting the coke out of the fridge and whinging. And i refuse to give him any!! Then xander starts whinging for "flashy milk" (i put some nesquik in with milk aqnd use the milk frother to mix it up) so they both are just sh*tting me today.. and its going to be hot, so that doesnt help... might go close the roller shutters.

Trish - Jenna is the opposite, she always says "help me please" for anything she is having trouble with.
    Simone - kids are a PITA sometimes huh? Jenna is so bloody full of herself at the moment - I swear she has turned into a kamikaze baby overnight!!!!!

Bring on the terrible 2's girls

Simone, even if I sugar coated it, it still wouldn't be enough. As they get older it gets worse, much worse !!

Kids are finally asleep. Tehya fell asleep in the loungeroom with Mark. Their still there, will have to transfer her soon.

Another great day with the potty. Tehya did another poo there by herself today and so many damn wee's. It's a wonder anything stays in that girl. I've never seen anyone pee as much as her. She truely is her mothers daughter

No Ikea today. We ended up going around and looking at places that do built in wardrobes. Then we looked at beds for Tehya again. I still can't make up my mind. Don't know whether to go wooden or a iron frame. I'm doing her room shabby chic style so have the choice of either just can't make up my mind.

hey

just marking a spot to where i have read

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - go the wooden I reckon But then that's what I prefer so that's why I'm suggesting it... hehehe. LOL @ all of Tehya's wees. Goes to show how often they piddle in their nappies.

Fi - sounds like Jenna is giving you guys a run for you money, hey? How's master Hamish? You getting any sleep at all?

Simone - awww @ flashy milk... that's cute. Hope the kids didn't drive you around the bend yesterday.

This hot weather is annoying me. I hate the heat and no air con isn't helping. Gabby was delightful yesterday. She was happy to follow Neil around and play outside. We had a lovely time just mucking around in the back yard. She keeps taking her shoes off tho. She walks around the yard going "Ow! Ow!" every time she stands on something yet won't put her shoes back on. Neil reckons it's good... toughen her feet up!! LOL
    Too freakin' hot again today. We've got freinds coming to visit from Geelong and I've somehow got to muster up the strength to clean and go and do some groceries.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast