Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #9

Fi, I wrote all about it in the other thread.

What we think happened is that the boys had a pile of clothes in the corner of their bedroom. Pigs they are. Anyway these clothes were right next to the glass sliding doors and the sun shines down right through the window. I think it is called a combustion (thermal) fire but I'm not 100%. There was nothing else there that could have caused the fire. No electricals or anything.

So for people who leave piles of clothes (that they're hiding from their mum) next to glass door's beaware. It can and does start fires !!
    So we aren't 100 % what exactly caused it but this is the best we can work out.

Good to hear that so got a half decent nights sleep too. Lucky Shane though.

Hi everone!!

I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year!

We did some rearranging and the computer got put away for a while and this is the first time I've been able to get Felius off WoW to be able to use the laptop

Trish... ugh at your fire! That must have been scary. Hopefully the boys have learned their lesson and will keep things tidy from now on!

Fi... congrats again! After Jenna I bet you've had fun dodging the wee with Hamish!

Deb.... OMG!! I didn't really think it had been that long... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I hope you have a nice easy pg this time. I bet Gabby will adore her brother or sister

Tanya... congrats to you too!! What better chrissy present could you have asked for You'll have to let us know when you find out the sex cause I want to know if all your training with gender swaying worked... we'd love a little girl next

Sarah... I hope Zander is trotting along nicely and not giving you a hard time If you and Aaron are still trying for no. 2 Good Luck!!! (and sorry if I missed an announcement!)

Simone... Glad to see that Anneliese is doing well, you must be proud of her! I know my two guys tire me out, so I reckon you're doing an awseome job with 3 so little!

Hi to everyone else too.... it's been so long that things have been merged and I have no idea who else is posting here!

Not much has changed with us... still plodding along. Bas is growing by the second! He's really starting to talk now, which is pretty cool. He loves going to playgroup and is totally obsessed with the Wiggles!! Ollie has grown up so quickly! It seems like a week ago he was still a tiny baby and now he's 5 months old, rolling over all the time, almost sitting up and eating rice cereal! Look at me getting all clucky again I think Felius has almost come around to the idea of another one. We had a bit of stress with Ollie being sick and then really colicky, plus me getting PND and having to go back on ADs. Oh well.... things are great now and we might think of another one at the end of next year.

Anyway... enough rabbiting from me... see you in another 3 months!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Hi Zola! Great to hear that things are going well with you guys. Wow, Ollie has grown fast! Glad to hear that Bas is another obsessed by the Wiggles. They're a clever bunch of blokes to have the right formula to suck the kiddies in, hey?
    Oooer @ getting clucky again! I guess we should keep our eyes peeled on the preggo announcements?

Zola - Great to hear from you, glad to hear the boys are doing well, isn`t it amazing how quickly #2 learns when they have an older sibling, Adrian is also rolling and sitting and gets up onto his knees, they grow far too quickly.

Fi - Yay for feeling much better today, hope tonights is another good one for you.

Deb - Yay for being able to put Gabby`s hair up and for her starting to talk like a parrot.

Trish - OMG @ your fire, how scary, I`m glad everyone is okay. Enjoy Darling Harbour, I love it there but haven`t been there since 92 so I`m sure it has changed a lot, I`ve heard there`s a new Wildlife Park there have you been to it?

Simone - How are Declan and Anneliese today?

I`m tired today, Mark decided last night was a good time to play games (the bonus about DTD is he`s in a much better frame of mind) then I was woken at 2am for Mark to go to milk then just before 3am Adrian woke for a feed then at 6.30am we we woken again by my Dad who said that there was something wrong with the milk vat and it wasn`t keeping the milk cold so we had a restless night and did the night before as well.

Both boys are in bed and I should be getting the clothes off the line and fold them while Matthew`s asleep otherwise Matthew loves helping Mummy and like to try all the clothes on, the other day was hiliarious he came out with Mark`s clean underpants on, his body was through one leg, looked like he had a skirt on LOL

Hey Dee - the kids are ok, as soon as it cooled down last night they got much better. I think they are much more affected by the weather, Xander inst usually bothered. Neither is DH, just me and the littlies...

Some days i get clucky again (ESPECIALLY when i read the birth stories, i think "I did that twice (and went through having my stomach cut open for the other one!! i could do that again!!" but then i think "i've got enough on my plate" i want to wait until the boys are at least in school... We've decided we definitely want 4 kids...

Debbie Lee Guest

Dee - hope you got a better sleep last night. Urrgh @ all the interruptions the night before. Have you guys been getting any rain? LOL @ Matthew "helping" with taking the washing off the line. Too funny! Isn't it funny how they love underwear! Gabby loves running around with my bra saying "boobies!". She'll put Neil's jocks on her head too. Just gorgeous!

Simone - ooerr @ being clucky. 4 is a nice even number Glad the kids are feeling better now that the weather has cooled down... well, until Wednesday! Poo!

Gabby won't even sit on the potty anymore *sigh*. Oh well... all I can do is keep trying. It'll click one day.

Declan loves putting Xander jocks on now, and since Xander's growing into a 4-6 size undies, Declan is getting all the 2-3's (when he's at home, he runs around in nothing, this toilet training thing is a pain.. i only just finished fully training Xander!! (im very proud of him though, He got up last night and came and got me to let me know he needed to do a wee... i know he's ready to not need a nappy at night anymore!!)

Declan prefers running out the back to pee on the lawn...

Debbie Lee Guest

Yay for Xander!! LOL @ Declan running outside to pee on the lawn. He's a true bloke!

When they're playing in their pool, they pee anywhere, so i'm trying to teach them to pee on my lemon tree... its so funny, when ever they do it, all i can think of is tehya peeing like he brothers... that girl is gonna be a hardcore tomboy!!! LOL

We're not even trying yet! He has his potty & sits on it when the water's running for the bath, but Zander's just not ready. No rush though.

Deb - No rain here, I believe it`s been raining in Sydney, it`s very overcast today and heavy clouds but nothings falling here, we`re up on a hill and we can see Maitland which is about 30 minutes away by car and it looks like it`s raining there which it often does, Mark reckons the hills stop it and the clouds go around the hills and not over.

Simone - Glad the kidlets are better.

As for toilet training, Matthew has been aware of #2`s for about 2 months now but he seems to not realise what is happening until after it happens so obviously the brain isn`t quite linked up yet but he`s aware and we do have a potty for him but it`s more toilet awareness then TTing atm, he also often comes into the toilet when I`m there so knows what happens, he even gives me the toilet paper and tells me to wipe myself LOL

I`ve been to the Dr`s this morning I have a UTI Grrrr, this is my 14th AB since Adrian was born, I`m sick of them.

Dee - Happy 5 months to Adrian!!

Well my baby is going great guns on the potty. Even got 2 poos in it today Hey, I have earnt one child to do it easy and early. She does every wee in the potty now. She looks so cute in her undies but they are so big on her and are only a size 2. Skinny bum she is.

Zola, good to see you back around, even if it was only briefly. So how much a gap are you looking at having this time around ?? Just wondering if we should expect an announcement soon.

Dee, Nah haven't been to the widlife park. We went to the Nation Maritime Museum. It was only $25 for the whole family - that includes 2 adults and up to 4 kids... Well, that was for the pass we got. Thay have this great pirate thing happening there at the moment. Oh and a water play thing. Noah and Tehya loved it.
    Hope you had a better nights sleep after such a crappy night. Tehya loves to get the underwear too. If only she could help fold the washing for me....
    Sorry to hear you have a UTI. Ouchy. Yuck at the AB's too.

Deb, Gabby will just get *it* one day. That's usually what happens. I wouldn't stress too much, she's not even 2 yet. I just thought I'd put the potty out for Tehya. She was the one who decided to use it. Noah was closer to 3 when he TT.

Simone, hey you leave my girl alone There's nothing wrong with peeing like a boy. We whinged for equal rights didn't we. LOL. I must admit it is very funny to watch though. Just you wait for Anneliese to grow up.... YAY for Xander getting up to tell you he needs to wee too. That's fantastic.

Sarah, As long as Zander is happy to sit on the potty it's a start. I kept trying to get Tehy to sit on it and she would sit for literally 5 seconds. Not long enough to wee. I said to Mark all we need to do is catch 1 wee and that will start it. Sure enough we got 1 and then she just continued.

Have just finished watching The Pursuit Of Happyness. I dld it yesterday. Fantastic movie. Watch it if you can.

Mark's first day back at work today. Kids are driving me mad of course. Not much else I can do with the boys room until we get some $$ for paint. Washing the walls does no good. Only makes it run more into the walls.
    Last edited by Trish; January 8th, 2007 at 01:06 PM.

Declan thinks its hilarious to sit on the potty to watch tv... He'll will just sit there as long as i let him. Crazy little buggar!!

Trish - thats great Tehya is going to the potty all the time now!! Clever little thing... Declan wears Xander's jocks he's grown out of, the 2-3is perfect size, but he'll grow out them soon...

Thank you Simone, the way the time is going he`ll be 1 before I know it

Trish - Yay for Tehya, she`s a very clever girl, I hope your able to paint the boys room soon, has the smell gone or is it still lingering?

Trish - What do your teenage boys do each day to not get bored? Both Alister and Michael are anti coming here as they say they get bored, Mark or I don`t understand how they can be bored, they have 530acres here to ride their motorbikes around (which they pestered Mark to buy them early last year and no longer ride), they ride their bicycles with one of the farm worker`s kids, they play the computer and PS, we go out occasionally and we`re planing on a train trip with them plus a couple of other outings yet they are still bored. We don`t know if it`s a hormonal teenage problem, if it`s their Mum not wanting them to enjoy themselves or maybe because they are their own boss when they are at their Mum`s place. I feel so sorry for Mark if they don`t come but Mark is saying what`s the point of them being here if they don`t want to be here, I know it will not help his depression.

Dee, I have the same problem with my boys not wanting to go to their dad's house as they get bored. Seriously I think if my boys were going ot your property they would love it. Especially Joel.We wouldn't see them all day they'd be out on the bikes.
    Around here though all they want to do is sit on the bloody computer (which interfers with my bb time) LOL. Or play their Xbox 360. Look, Bradon was so intrigued in it he didn't even notice his room was on fire !!

I really do think it's more of an age thing. No matter what you find for them to do they will find something to whinge about. I tell my boys that if they are bored there is plenty of cleaning to do. They soon shut up or find something else to do. Joel's latest is going out and getting drunk !! Be thankful your not there yet.

The smell is still lingering but I think that's because the tall boy is still in the room and the side of it is burnt. Charcoal.

Tehya is peeing me off. She keeps on climbing up onto the kitchen bench. Not only is it high but if she falls off onto the tiles. I am so sick of having to get her down from there. Is it cruel to let her fall once so she learns

Simone, If Dec is happy to sit on his pot and watch tv (sounds like a true male) then so be it. If it works that's great.

Debbie Lee Guest

Dee - how frustrating with the boys. Maybe it is just a teenage thing. Teenagers are allllways bored! I knew I was

Trish - how scary with Tehya climbing up onto the benches! I don't blame you for being frustrated! What a monkey. Gabby's not a climber...thank God! Good on Tehya with the TT! I have heard that girl's generally train faster and easier than boys... but then I guess having older siblings has gotta help a bit too?

Simone - that's great that Declan will sit on the potty to watch TV. I wish Gabby would. We might catch a wee then!

Dee - Anneliese is 7 months old tomorrow :eek:

Deb - we are still yet to catch a wee, but he knows when he needs to wee and poo, just prefers to do them in the garden or on the floor...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast