Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 16th - 31st 2008

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Hi all!!

Jacob had mchn appt yesterday put on 225 grams in 2 weeks grew 2 cm and head 1 cm bigger. Not putting on as much weight as everyone elses baby but adequare amounts.
    Today i had 6 week ob check and pap smear, Jacob was well behaved while there!!!

Losec seems to have reduced vomiting so that is good still not sleeping much but hope that comes soon!!! Hes not to bad at night but doesnt often sleep in basinet.

Anastasia happy bday for other day! rude dh for forgetting.

Kellxx hope bubs sleps throught night again for u how ace!!

Ayapi hope u dont miss your mum to much.

hello to all other mummys dadies and babies

Tasia - Happy birthday for Sunday. I hope you had a fantastic day! I didn't know you were a twin. I'm a twin too. We're not identical either. We feed Haydne no earlier then 3hrs, but during the day no later then 5hrs, or earlier, depending on how it works out for the late night feed. (I hope that makes sense)

Kell - YAY! @ Keira putting on weight. That's greatttttt. Yeah, it was freezing here last night too. I knew when hayden woke up he'd be coming into our bed cause it's so cold. I felt sorry for the poor little mite.

Pixie - Did you end up vacuuming while Beth slept? I had music going and vaccuming theo ther day while Hayden slept. It didn't bother him in the least. He even slept through all this building noise, like power tools and those loud things. I was like 'What a champ!!' We were never really quiet around DS1 either, so he can sleep anywhere.

Mel - I'd relax and just do nothing. Chill and look after yourself. Lol @ your DD getting longer by the minute.

Mez - It's great when they love the carriers. Hayden loves his too. Hope your mum has a great time

Kristy - How's things? How're you all??

Feeb - I'm glad the stuff is helping with the vomiting. Great to hear your little man was well behaved and your checkup went well.

Anyone else feeling like they've lost themselves?
    Like you do everything for everyone else, and you seem to forget about you.
    Anyways, I'm a bit like that at the moment but I'll snap outta it soon, I always do. Lol.

this question is for anyone, what if your babies wake up 2 or 3 hrs beforehand do u still feed ur baby? I mean I would if he is hungry. But is that wat everyone else is doing?

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

i feed on demand so if he clean and dry doesnt want to play, and refuses dummy i feed him. he doesnt sleep much to start with

Tenny, no I didn't I just swept and mopped the bathroom floor. But I think she would probably sleep through it. She fell asleep right next to Marion St in Leichhardt yesterday when the Bear and I were having lunch and didn't even blink when the buses rattled past! LOL
    Tenny honey try to take some time out for yourself, it must be hard with two little boys esp if DH isn't really pulling his weight. Maybe even just a bath or a massage or something will make you feel a bit better?
    Tasia I feed her every three hours or so in the day time and she goes about four hours at night if she has a really good feed (and I try to encourage her to stay awake long enough to do that). In the daytime I wake her if she is going to sleep through the feed.... but sometimes that works better than others. Sometimes she is still sleepy and doesn't have very much.
    Feeb you poor thing.... sounds a bit rough!
    everyone else.... we are off to my Dad's place for dinner tonight so hopefully DD will be good

Ok i'm back.

Isaac is having a nap as he has been waking through the night a fair bit. the twins seem to set him off. he goes right back to sleep after a nappy change but its just an extra pain we don't need.

i had such a great post before and now i cant remember what i wrote.

Kell- glad keira is doing well. don't worry about the tongue tie. my sister was tongue tied and now she is fine, tho she cant whistle but that could be just cause she is a little mad, she also cant wink.
    Friday sounds great I'mm MMS you. also why cant Breast babies have water? the CCN who came out to our place said its fine. and i'm sure loraine said on monday it was ok too. isn't that your CCN.

Anastasia- don't worry too much about feeding; jonathan will let you know if he is hungry or if something is wrong. i agree with kell only wake during the day. but if your formula feeding I wouldn't feed before 3 hours and i would try and make him waite till the 4th hour if i could and he was happy. you cant over feed breast but you can formula i was told that 6 full (formula) feeds a day is amples.
    Just don't go second guessing yourself, go with your gut feeling. if you think he is hungry feed him, and if he is crying and your not sure i would feed him anyway. in the end its the end result that matters not how you got there all we need is a healthy baby. your doing an awsome job.

mel- thanks for the encouragement hon. i'm feeling great. my post natel mood swings don't kick in till i stop breast feeding, so your kind words make me feel good thanks.
    how is the diet going. i start and break mine daily. i'm now down to 80.8kg. so i'm happy with that. only 8-10 to go.

Tennykins- it feels that way sometimes. if it gets too much make sure you ask for help. even if its just to get your DH to cook every night.

well its time to get ready for tea. DH is the cook here now but i'll help tonight.

take care
    kristy xoxo

PS i'll be back later for a me post.

Kristy.. yeh not sure if its the same Lorraine you saw.. i know theres a few around our area. She has red tight curly hair. She said because breast milk changes its consistancy all the time and the baby's body may not distinguish the 2 and then the baby not feeding properly (or something) and all breastfed babies should drink is the breastmilk (even when dehidrated). Ive read the same on this forum somewhere too.

Anastasia.. i wouldnt feed Keira before the 3 hour mark myself. But if she wakes and is carrying on once the 3 hour mark hits then yep ill feed her then (so anywhere between the 3-4 hour mark). Over feeding will just upset their tummy. I actually asked the CHN today about giving Keira more formula and she told me this. Babies natural reflex is to suck, whether it is on the bottle or whatever. So even though he may take the bottle if you offer more early or on top of his feed, he doesnt need it and will just bload his tummy. She said an extra 10 or 20mls to what theyre usually having is fine, but wouldnt really give them any more than that. You could always try a dummy (if he takes one) or just a little bit of cooled boiled water inbetween feeds. May also help if he has wind.

Tenny.. actually havent really had time to think about myself lol. Though i have to admit my DH is pretty good and will tell me to go out in the afternoon once hes home (like this arvo) if i want to and he'll watch the kids. Can you even just get yourself a dvd and some chocolate and watch it one arvo or evening?

Feeb.. thats still good he's putting on weight hun.. thats all that matters.

Ok gotta put the boy in bed.

Anastasia - I'd go with what your baby needs - cos his needs may be different than what our babies need - IYKWIM? I mean, DS fed a full feed every 4 hours - around the clock. DD feeds every 2 hours - but is only just having 80ml. Its a bit of a pain in the butt feeding that often, but I figure she will grow out of it in time. So if he is crying for food (makes a "nahh" sound at the beginning of each cry) I would feed him HTH!!!

Kel - no wonder for ouchies!!!!! I thought DD had one too, but she's been checked out ok.

Tenny - take it easy honey - make time for yourself.. even if it has to be on the toilet!!!

Kristy - You ARE amazing - remember that. Oh and re: the diet - having maccas for dinner... pmsl

Pixie - enjoy your dinner!!

Zee - sorry honey, I seem to have missed your post completely before... hope you are getting some sleep!!!!

DS is so tired, had a big day apparently, and DD is asleep in my arms... DH has gone to get maccas.... all is quiet in my house.. for the moment!! lol

thanx guys so much for ur advice it really helped me alot. Hope u all had a good day

Mel.. have been meaning to ask you.. how often are you giving Mehkelti the colic relief? Like every 4 hours or just when needed?

Kel - we did what it said on the bottle - every half an hour for the first four doses, and then every four hours - so we do it for every second feed (since she feeds every 2 hours)

Is that what you guys are doin?

Tasia- I am demand feeding so whenever he wants it I give it.. also happy belated bday!! I would never wake a sleeping baby at night..they will wake when they want a feed. If you want though wake in the day but deff not at night.

Mary- Glad you had a pretty good night last night, my mum didnt help at all..she only made more mess

Mel- you dont love me anymore thats why you missed my post

Tenny- Oh i so feel the same way.. luckily after a dummy spit the other night before mum left has pulled DH into line

Kristy- I also take my hat off to you, with 2 kids im finding it hard to even go to the loo.

Thepixie- Yeah on the bargains!

Feeb- Abit of weight is better then none

Kellxx- Yeah I was told to give laila some water as it can help but only cause she was bottle fed.

Hello B, Missy, Belle and everyone else I missed

Lucas hasnt been weighed since the home midwife came here.. I so better get onto the CCN tomorrow, I feel so slack but it honestly hasnt even crossed my mind...

Well I better be off, got to do the ironing... god its hard to keep up with the housework!

Awwwwww Zeeeeeeeeeeee............ me still wuv you wots and wots

question- does anyone's baby have little pimple like small dots on their forehead? Jonathan has got little ones but not that bad..

Mel- Thanks

Tasia- Sounds like milk pimples, Lucas has them aswell.

Well I have just finished the ironing and putting it away... now off to bed even though Lucas wakes about this time and stays awake most of the night heres hoping he sleeps for once!

Anastasia.. Keira has a few, not so many as yet.. but Jesse was covered! Ill show you a pic of him. Its called a hormone rash. Very common and nothing bad about it. Just to do with hormones transferred during labour or something. It looks terrible but doesnt effect them at all. Jesse lost the hair on top of his head at the same time (not the back or sides though) so looked like a little man going through puberty! He had it from about 3 weeks until about 8 or 9 i think. His skin is perfect now so doesnt leave any marks. Just dont pick or squeeze them.
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php?photo=1944
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php?photo=1945

Mel.. oh cool. We were unsure if the bottle meant to do that to start with then give it every 4 hours all the time or if it meant only when they had the wind, to give every half hour then every 4 hours until its gone iykwim. Ive just been giving it of an evening. Might actually start doing it every feed now (shes fed every 4 hours) as shes still being having the issues of an evening until the stuff kicks in.

Zee.. i say stuff the house work! Just do it when you can. You only just had a baby hun, not to mension have a toddler as well. The house work can wait. Especially if youre not getting much sleep. Just do the bare minimals.. put a load of washing on when it needs it ect but the rest will be there tomorrow iykwim.

Well our night was ok. Keira had the usual issues around 9-10.30pm ish until the colic relief kicked in then she was out until 3.10am, had a bottle and was back asleep and in bed by 3.30am then woke at 7.10am so was pretty pleased with that. Am gonna do what you do Mel though now with the colic relief, give it to her every 4 hours.. then hopefully we wont have those issues of an evening any more.

morning everyone!
    Tasia DD has those on the end of her nose, just little white spots. They're kind of cute.
    Our dinner at my dad's place was good - my dad, stepmother and their three kids were all cooing over DD although she slept almost the whole time. She did wake up for a feed but I gave her a little drink and she conked back out again when we put her in the car seat. When we got home I conked and the bear looked after her for a couple of hours.... she was really unsettled and grumpy and the poor Bear felt bad cause he couldn't feed her. Going to start expressing some milk so the Bear can give her a bottle if I'm unconscious and she needs to be settled. But after I gave her her feed at 1.30 she slept through till 7.30!
    Rang the Early Childhood Centre yesterday. From what you are all saying about your nurse visits, I was expecting them to want to rush over straight away, considering it took me five days to remember to call. But no they can't fit me in until 8 September!!! DD will be a month old by then! So we're going to take her up to a pharmacy up the road that has midwife visits and weigh her tomorrow. Definitely looks like she is gaining weight (she has got a little double chin!) and because she was on a glucose drip in the NICU for the first two days she didn't really lose much more than 150gms of her birth weight in hospital. But still I want to know how much weight she's gained.
    Zee - you poor thing, can DH help somehow so you can catch some Z's? It's terrible when you're crashing from lack of sleep and even just a few hours can really make a difference. Prioritise sleep over housework!
    Kel, Mel, Belle, SW, Kristy, Tasia & all
    Mel do you have any suggestions on covers for cloth flats? My dad says he will get us the nappy wash service for 6 months and they provide flats.
    Sorry it's all me me me today! LOL Have a great day all.

Pixie - we use Baby Beehinds covers, and Ish Fly. The Berry Plush nappy shell you can use as a cover & they're soft & fluffy

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast