Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 16th - 31st 2008

hi all

Sorry i haven't been on. Hope everyone is doing well. Jonathan & i are doing really well. He has a check-up this morning (maternal nurse).

Mary- Koukla you poor thing, i hope izzy is better poor bubba. I hope she will get better so you can rest while she is asleep

Mel- Hey sweety, how is everything with u? How's ur bubba going? Jonathan & I are doing really well

BIG HELLO TO EVERYONE ELSE

Oh i forgot to tell you all, it was my b'day on sunday as I turned 32, my first b'day with my son, i was so happy & still am

talk later xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Morning yummy mummies - hope everyone had a good night. DD was only up once at about 2.30 and then again at 6.30. You guys are lucky getting a sleep through!
    Hey Kel - big winner on the pawpaw ointment. Been using it since yesterday and the bottom is looking fine.
    Mel I'm loving the $5 baby clothes at the markets. Pumpkin patch clothes in perfect condition for $5! it's great, especially since she's going to grow out of them in 5 mins. I have a million and one babygros but I prefer t-shirts and pants - it's easier to change a hundred nappies a day! And she looks so cute in them. LOL
    mez, zee, sw, tenny, tasia, missy, belle, skittlebub and kristy J (you're such a champ to find time to get on here with your three boys!).... hope you all have a good day
    and to anyone I may have forgotten to mention!

i am so ****ted. i finally had the time to write a long post and to do lotsa personals and this stupid site crashed. and now i don't have time to do another one. god im cranky at BB right now.

take care i'll try and bbl.

grrrrrrrrrat BB..

take care
    kristy
    xoxo

Morning all you lovely mummy's & babies

Well last night my mum left to go to Greece so we went to the airport to say goodbye. Had little Isabel in the baby borne and she loved it! We had a good night last night only feed her twice once at 11pm and then at 4:30am so we got some sleep woohoo..

She is currently sleeping now after her 8:00am feed. We have Parents group today at 1:30pm so that will be nice and interesting, hopefully she will be good during the couple of hours that we are there. It's also a gorgeous day here (sunny) so I think we will walk to the MCHC.

Pixie - Isn't good when the little ones sleep during the night and not need to be feed as many times. So glad that the new cream is working for her nappy rash too. Woohoo on going out shopping with your little one, it makes it easier when they are asleep the whole time and not screaming.

Zee
    - So good to see you again, I hope your mum was very helpful while she was visiting. I really do hope that Lucas starts sleeping for you during the night sweet. I feel for you

Kristy - Don't you hate when the site crashes. How are you and your boys doing?? I bet they are growing up quickly hey.

Tasia - HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Sunday I bet it was a special day for you and your family.

I hope you all have a lovely day and the little ones are behaving themselves. I'll BBL xx

Happy birthday Tasia for Sunday

Morning me lovelies..

Kristy - I'm so impressed you can find time to get on here to do a long post!!!!!! you are amazing woman!!! And yeah, I hate it when i lose posts...

Happy birthday for Sunday Anastasia - you are just a little bit older than me

Mez - I hope you don't miss your mum too much!!!! I bet she will have a great time. We had similar feeding times in this house last night - although she fed at 10pm then we all went to bed, she didn't WANT to go to sleep then (silly mummy why would I think she would want to... ) so we gave her a bit more of a bottle at 11 then she crashed until 4, had a feed, then I popped her back into our bed with us - she's so lovely and warm to cuddle up to.. lol

Kel - I'm boy free today - woohoo!!!! DS is with my IL's for the day.. yayyyy... don't know whether to do stuff around the house or make the most of the peace and quiet and do NOTHING.. lol

Pixie - which size magicalls do you have? I have some smalls that leak cos they are too big for her yet - managed to find a newborn size in my stash though (dunno where i got that from!!) and that fits ok..

Well we went and got checked over again with the nurse - little miss has put on 200gm in a week... woohoo!!! way to goooo!!!! also put on 1.5cm in length so she's getting longer by the minute I think.. hehe

Hope everyone else has a good day!!!!

Mel I have a newborn one. haven't tried it yet but soon.... I'm sure it will be dirty within seconds of hitting her bum but what the hell.
    Kristy what a PITA...... site can be up and down like a yoyo sometimes... such a bummer when you have so little time honey
    Ayapi - touch wood she is not a huge screamer atm. She could sleep standing up in a glass of cold water... I really hope that lasts! Got her up at ten to feed her - she had a little drink and conked back out again! Thinking of doing the vacuuming around her to see if that wakes her up!

Morning all!

Well our wonderful sleeping through baby was short lived. Put her down at 10.30pm.. she woke at 2.30am for a bottle.. then was up and down with her until 5am when DH took her and again after litterally 1 minute of holding her she crashed! Little bugger! Talk about a daddy's girl!!!!! And it was bloody freezing last night!!! Was like getting stabbed with thousands of needles each time i got up!

Mel.. oh hun i would be doing absolutely nothing!!! Enjoy it for sure!!!

Tasia.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Sunday!!

Mez.. sounds like everythings going really well for you! Thats great hun!

Kristy.. oh that *****s me too about this site! Happens so often! Let me know if you wanna do coffee on friday?

Pixie.. glad the Papaw is working for you! Its great for teething rash too when that time comes around Oh yeh, i still had to get up that night to Jesse.

Zee.. hope you can relax somewhat now your mum is gone.

Tenny.. thats great Hayden is sleeping so well! Lets hope it doesnt change!

Missy.. YAY for Liam's great sleep!!

Have my CHN coming and doing a home visit for me this arvo. She called this morning and asked if id like her to come to me. Hell yeh! Was trying to work out how id get there on Friday with Jesse.. now no need! Gotta love her, shes the best!

Hey, thanx to everyone for ur wishes for my b'day

Mary- It could have been a better day, my hubby, dad & FIL were working on the bathroom sink as the cold water was not coming out enough, so it's all fixed now, but could have done it on another day. My hubby forgot my b'day when I got flowers for my sister as we r twins (not identical) he asked who the flowers are for I told him & he was like ooooooo sugar, but got me a cake laterrrr during the day, he must've felt bad. Mind you he still didn't say happy b'day nothing. Anyway that night he said to me wat do you want for ur b'day & I said nothing I got everything that I wanted Jonathan.

Mel- I don't look like a 32 yr old, you can judge from the birth photos

I went to the app before & she told me not to wake Jonathan at night (cause I have) so I'm not going to anymore only if he cries & she also said the same for during the day not to wake him again only if he cries. But he has to have 670mls in 24 hrs how does that work out?

Anastasia.. yeh never wake a sleeping baby at night! enjoy your sleep! I tend to wake them during the day for their feed myself though, otherwise theyll wake all night wanting a feed. But yeh as for the night time.. definately only when he cries out. If he's hungry he'll let you know. That way you can start to establish him sleeping through, and knowing the difference between day and night time.

Kel- So If i do have to wake him during the day for feed how many hours 3 or 4?

It doesnt really matter, just within those times i would give him a bottle. If he looks like hes starting to stir around the 3 hour mark, then get him up and give him a bottle. Otherwise id just let him sleep to the 4 hour mark, but not really go past that. If you do then no big deal, just feed him when you notice the time. He's putting on weight isnt he? Thats all thats important. But he will let you know if hes hungry. You might find if he does sleep for a long period he'll want another feed not long after that inital one he gets when he wakes.

Yeah he has put on 650gms in 2 weeks. Do u wake ur little one up during the day if asleep? & how often?

I must be such a slack mother - I don't even really notice the time when she wants her bottles.. lol..... when I do notice, she's basically on every 2 hours during the day - and I never wake her if she goes over, I know she is putting on weight thats the main thing.

Come to think of it, I don't think I ever had to wake DS either..... ahhh.... to be blessed with a child that SLEEPS would be nice...

Mel- LOL ur funny. I think I will give him his bottle every 4 hours during the day the last one will be at 12am & see how he goes after that without me not waking him.

Tasia.. yep i wake Keira during the day every 4 hours for her bottle if she doesnt wake herself. Just change her nappy, give her her bottle and then sometimes shes out again so just put her back to bed. At night after her 10.30-11ish bottle i just let her go until she wakes. Usually its around that 4 hours period.. sometimes 5 hours.

Just had my CCN visit. Keira has a small tongue tie. But shes able to still stick her tongue out a bit so shouldnt be a problem. Just need to keep an eye on it over time. But she said it may explain why my nipples got so sore so quick feeding as if they have a tongue tie they tend to suck with their lips rather their tongue. Very interesting!Shes put on roughly 600grams and her head is 3cm bigger (boofhead!) in 3.5 weeks which is good too. She also told me, i can give her a little cooled boiled water if need be (bottle fed babies only). Can help settle the wind if its a little warm. So yeh whoever was saying their friend said that, they were right. Will try that tonight if the colic relief dont work, but she said yeh that the brauer one is a good one.

Kel- Wat if keira is awake before her 4 hours feed would you still feed her even if she's had a bottle say at 2 0r 3 hrs ago? Jonathan is tongue tied as well but maternal nurse said it's normal & Jonathan's isn't that bad, but we were thinking when he gets a bit older we might snip it off (who knows) See how he goes..

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast