Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 16th - 31st 2008

Tasia - Izzy and I have had better days, she has been really unsettled today and I had a rough night. But other than that we are doing really well. She is a joy for both DH and I. How are you and Jonathan doing?? Good on you for wanting to have another one so soon after Jonathan. I think DH and I will probably start trying again when little Izzy is 10 mths or so.. I really don't think I would be able to cope with them so close together.

Mel - thanks for that advice sweet, I think I will go out tomorrow and buy the Infants friend, you can buy it from the chemist I'm guessing? How is little Mehkelti doing?

Tenny - Yay on Hayden getting such a great result at his apt today!! I'm the same as you crying at a drop of the hat, I just can't help myself but I'm hoping that it will get better. It could also be cause we are so tired.

Belle - How is Tara? I know what you mean about not having a shower I only had one tonight when DH got home as I needed to wash my hair. I don't even get to have brekkie until maybe 11am each day cause I am trying to settle Izzy.

Pixie - How are you going sweet?? Hopefully the weekend will maybe bring you your little bubs.

A big to everyone else. Have a great night!!

Tenny - hormones would still be running wild for a while yet I would imagine!!! I'm always tearing up over something these days!!! LOL... and WRT the gunky eye - DS had that, we got saline solution from the chemist and wiped it with a cotton ball soaked in that. Then we just kept in the fridge. Worked fantastically!!!! Great weight gain for your bub too - way to go!! WOooOOooHOOoOooo

Belle - how ya doing lovey? I hope you enjoyed your shower!!!

Mez - yeah you buy it from the Chemist - think it was around $12? How much formula is Izzy drinking these days? I swear, I have the slowest drinker in the world... she wants to feed every couple of hours during the day, and will then only have around 50ml.. and then fall asleep... LOL.... then she'll want more... BUT.. she slept 6 hours last night without wanting some food. I think DH is getting a little frustrated at all the milk going to waste in the bottles, cos DS was NEVER like this - he was a gem - fed every 4 hours and drank HEAPS of milk....

Ayapi, going fine, had monitoring this morning cause i'm so overdue but everything was fine, so went back for more acupuncture this afternoon, and one more session tomorrow and hoping that gets things started. Got monitoring appointments on Monday if nothing happens, I imagine I'll get induced on Wed. But just hoping the needles persuade this stubborn little creature out in the meantime!
    everyone else, hope you're all going well - apart from the emotional rollercoaster.
    hope you all get a good night's sleep

Hi all

Just popping in to say hi.

Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Oh Pixie you still here hun. Hope your not here monday and holding your little one.

Take care

We've been up since 3:30 as the pixie has started getting some contractions, they've been regular for the last four hours and less than 5 minutes apart....getting steadily stronger.

So today is looking hopeful....

OMG!!! the Bear that is fabulous news!!! How is Pixie feeling? how are you feeling?
    best wishes! I cant wait to hear more news!

Mel - im good sweetie just woke up and wanted to see how Pixie was doing! still 1/2 asleep lol Tara is feeding 3 times at night she a night owl! Hows beautiful Mehkelti?

Missy - hiya mate hows Liam and how is your family? hope all is well today.

Mez - how did Issy sleep last night any better? I hear ya on the unsettled nights - yawning myself...

Tasia - how you feeling today? Julia was such a slow drinker too, took her like 30-40mins for a bottle at 6 weeks old of 60-100mls.

Tenny - congrats on Hayden's weight thats great news!

Kristy - I few girls from my last group of BBuddies used something starting with M that is inserted...cant think of the name right now, but Kell may remember. My friend Jennifer I think has that I can ask her if you like.

SW - how are you doing? havent seen you around, hope all is ok and feeding going well. If you need a shoulder just PM me mate ok?

Hello to everyone else, I have to feed Tara so back later.

Bel
    xxx

Missy.. those are great photos hun! Oh i know. DH was feeding Keira yesterday while sitting at the computer and when he burped her she projectiled all over the printer. We ahd to laugh though.. it made him jump.

Kristy.. i was thinking the same. I dont know what im gonna do as far as birth control. Being im also not breastfeeding, those little eggs will be harvesting soon. HATE rubbers. The pill gives me migrains. And i dont particularily like the idea of putting a foreign object in my body or that injection, which you cant reverse if you want to. Will probably have to get the pill i guess and just keep trying different brands until i find one that doesnt give me migrains.

Anastasia.. re shampoo. Keira doesnt have much hair at all so we dont bother. With Jesse we use to just wash his with the Johnson & Johnson Top To Toe we put in his bath. He now uses the proper no tears kids shampoo. Keira we just put that in her bath too. Not much just a tiny amount. We use the Johnson & Johnson Sorbelene on Keira now though as she has the peely skin from being over due. Hehe im a closet neighbours and home and away watcher too!

Mel.. oh thats not good. Hope the physio sorts it out though.

Mez.. oh 2 big slaps for you! Youre NOT a bad mother crazy lady! Some babies are just unsettled ones. Jesse was one of those. But she will out grow it very soon. Youre doing a great job hun. Re the water.. i think you have to be careful with newborns giving them water.. i may be wrong, but im sure i read somewhere on BB even when jesse was a newborn not to give them water as its not good for their kidneys. Someone correct me if im wrong.
    I thought the sugar (brown) in water was for if theyre constipated? We used that one with Jesse once.. works a treat!!!!!!

Tenny.. well maybe when you feel up to it you can just type it up on your computer. That way its there and if or when youre ready to post it you can. If you prefer to keep it to yourself, then youll always have it there and one day maybe able to share it with Hayden. Oh What a sweetheart Elijah is. Dont worry hun, youre not alone. Im sure all of us are going through a similar emotional rollercoaster. Not nice is it. I had a cry the night before last after my appointment. Its weird.. i know this is worse case scenario and a loooooooooooong shot and all.. up until now, even with Jesse around, ive never been afraid of dying. Ive always thought to myself well when it happens its gonna happen. Now that Keira is here its funny i feel i have more of a responsibility, and the thought of dying scares the hell out of me. You are doing a great job hun.

OH YAY GO PIXIE!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK HUN! HOPE YOURE HOLDING YOURE LITTLE ONE NOW!!!

Belle.. hows the feeding going now? She still latching on?

My little miss is asleep, Jesse is watching BoohBah. So finally got to finish this post.. only started it 2 hours ago!
    Had Keira weighed yesterday and is spot on 4kgs. So put on about 350gs as that was with clothes. Saw my favourite CHN. Shes the best. Love her to bits. Had her throughout with Jesse. Shes just so supportive of everything.. me switching to the bottle etc. Always helps when you have that professional support.
    Having a complete home day today. Get my results back tomorrow. My lochia seems alot better though since ive been on the anti biotics which is really good.

Anyways.. enough for me.. think i might go get dressed.

Belle - all is good, nice and calm this morning - it's not quite what we had imagined, but then I guess it's like that for everyone. I made a little porridge for brekkie and put her in the tub for a while which seems to have done good things.
    If it keeps building like this, then we will head off to the hospital within the next couple of hours.

The Bear - thats excellent news! I stayed in the bath in labour for almost 5 hours!!! (with Julia's birth) it did wonders. Ohhhh! I cant wait to hear your news! give our love to Pixie !

Kell - im so happy to hear that you are feeling better from your infection hon. Fingers crossed result will be ok.

Julia's home now so best go look after her while hubby looks after Tara in her bouncer!

Bel
    xxx

First time I have been able to log on all day (internet was down...)

Kel - yeah you are right about the brown sugar being for constipation... I think someone told me it can be for wind too? Ahh I dunno..... lol Glad your antibiotics are working

Bear and Pixie - good luck!!! sounds VERY promising!!! Fingers crossedfor nice smooth labour!!!! Keep us informed.

Typing with one hand - bubs asleep on chest

Helllllloooooo to everyone else!!!

Hi everyone, just super quickly, cos i gotta go to my grandma's for my brother and dad's birthdays. can't really be bothered.

anyway SW my boobs got killed by bubba too, and one of them still has like a divit out of it, it isn't really gonna heal as i keep feeding, but I'm coping. as we are getting better at feeding, my boobs are getting better too. I just have one tip for you re then healing. after you have fed, or expressed, squeeze out a little bit more milk and cover your nipples in it, and then let it dry for about 20 seconds before you put any other creams or bra on etc. the natural antibodies in the milk helps heaps.

Mez - sorry you had an unsettled day sweet, tomorrow will be better I am sure. re the water, it does help with wind. apparently around 20 mls of water which has been boiled and then allowed to cool to room temperature can be very helpful. I don't know about giving them sugar at this stage, I would assume that their little belly wouldn't handle that too well at this age. in a couple of months it would probably be ok.

Tasia, we just wash her hair with top to toe wash. but only about once a week. also re drying the skin out we are only bathing her every second day, and then just washing her face and neck with a face flannel on the in between days.

oh crap gotta go, supposed to be at nanna's in half an hour. will try to respond to everyone else later... see ya.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Dont give little babies water as they dont need it and it just bloats there bellys. If anything for wind or consitpation 10 or 20 mls of cooled camomile tea can help for some but would try infants friend or braun first.

Well hello all,

Good luck to bear & pixie, hoping to hear some announcement real soon...

Thanks for the advice on the water, I haven't given it to Izzy. But we have had a really rough night as the poor little one hasn't been able to breath cause of a blocked nose hence us being really tired and going to bed early tonight after her next feed. DH bought her FESS and it's been working wonderfully getting all the mucous and all out of her nose making it easier for her to breath and feed.

Mel - Izzy hasn't been feeding that well I was told to increase to 120mls but she struggles to finish it but I'm not too worried as long as she eats something.

Hello to Belle, Kell, Jess, Missy and everyone else.

Oh and we had our first birthday outing today and our little princess slept the whole time there...

Hi all

Well just wanted to say good luck bear and pixie.

BB tomorrow.

Beth (Elizabeth Honor) arrived at 21:17 weighing 3.44kg

Pixie did awesomely well, managed to go the distance on nothing but gas and got away without any tears, stitches or scrapes at all....I am so proud of her. She's doing well, and should be getting a bit of sleep now.

Little Beth suffered a little respiratory distress, so she is spending the night in the nursery unit for observation - she's still working a little to breath, but is nice and pink and is expected to be fine by the morning.

I've just got home, so I'm going to catch a few Z's before heading back to the hospital in the morning.

CONGRATULATIONS PIXIE AND BEAR! ON THE ARRIVAL OF YOUR BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GIRL BETH! Pixie you are amazing! I hope she goes well in the nursery tonight Bear and is fine by the morning. Congrats on the awesome news!

Congratulations again Bear and Pixie on the awesome birth of Elizabeth *mwah*

Morning to everyone else..

Little miss here has decided that 3am is party time in this house - will not go back to sleep!!! Plus we are still having feeding issues with our bottles, she's just so .. unco.. that she pushes the milk out of her mouth when she goes to take another suck.. lol

Arrgghh.. very frustrating. Plus, I've run out of outfits for her (gotta change often because of the milk running down her neck and soaking into her clothes) so I think we are going shopping today for some outfits cos 000 just aren't fitting her and I only have 2 outfits as 0000!!!!!! She's quite petite - amazing since she was bred from two huge monsters.. LOL

Hope everyone else had a great sleep...

Mez - we used Fess on DS when he got colds too... I hope Izzy is better this morning.

LOL Mel I hear ya re party in the house! Tara woke up at 4am and partied til 6.30am! im knackered! we only have 4 0000 outfits too! have fun shopping!

Bel
    xxx

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast