Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 16th - 31st 2008

Hi all

Well boys are all in bed and asleep, melissa just gone to bed and im sitting here about to show you all some new piccy.

Gudism LMFAO @ you and your comments on your MIL. PMSl you are so funny hun. Im sorry your having a hard time with her, can sux big time some times hey hun. I hope she really keeps her mouth shut for you hun and doesnt give you to much greif.

Tenny Liam is abit the same. Like to be held too but I try not to do it to much as I dont want him getting use to it. Its so hard but as I love holding him.

Oh kell you poor thing. Im hope things settle for you. Im sure all will be ok. I hope you feel better soon hun. Well so far so good with the feeding. He hasnt chucked in his last two feeds . Woooohoooo. Im so glad some one elses baby is a chucker too....lol... LOL @ your DS chucking all over the lounge. It comes out so fast some times and I dont have time to catch it.... Get some rest hun!!

Hi Pixie. I see your still pg... come on baby time to come out...lol

SW did I miss some thing. Why is dh feeding her like that for???

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php?photo=8547

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php?photo=8546

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php?photo=8545

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php?photo=8544

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php?photo=8543

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php?photo=8542

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php?photo=8541

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php?photo=8540

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    SW did I miss some thing. Why is dh feeding her like that for???
    Hey Missy

between shaking her head, chomping down the second that something gets into her mouth and grabbing onto everything with her hands she's caused a fair amount of nipple damage!! The LC suggested a day or two rest for my nipples, so am expressing milk and he's feeding her with a syringe. We were told no bottles as fake teats can confuse them until breastfeeding is established (they're a totally different sucking motion, and easier than breast, so many babies won't go back to breast after bottle), and I'm not to feed her as she needs to associate mummy with BBs. Syringe is easier than cup feeding, and ensures that she gets more food.

back on the pump for me!! Feel like a freakin' cow getting milked all the time!!!

Hey SW

Oh I know what you mean about being a cow...lol. I feel the same. Ive been expressing for about a week (as I didnt think he was getting enough as he was wanting boob every 1-2hrs) and yesterday when I went to the clinic they told me to try to BF again so I got home and tried but he didnt want a bar of my BB anymore. He was pulling on it, not attaching, and screaming. He is use to the bottle now. It doesnt take long for them to get use to bottles. Im alittle pee'd off with myself but at least he still is getting Breast milk. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Oh and I hope your nipples feel better real soon. Good luck.

morning all........

when i was in nicu the twins had to have bottles (weith EBM or formula) we had no choice. whilst there i was worried about them refusing the boob, as most bottles are easier to drink from. the LC said that in her 30 odd years of experience she has never found a baby that cann't learn to drink from both. she said its the teat that is the problems not the bottle. she said if you do both than to get a teat that is harder to drink from than a boob that way the will find the boob easier and perfer it. I have the Dr Brown bottles & premi teats, they are the same size as regular teats but tiny holes and they need to suck quite hard to get milk to come out. so now i have no problems with doing 1/2 boob and 1/2 bottle feeds during the day.
    I just thought this bit of information may help thost who want it.

All my boys are asleep ATM. time for a computer break.

Missy your family pics are great. I need to take more i feel bad that i hardly have any pics of us all as a family. by now we had hundreds when isaac was born.

has anyone here thought about birth control.......I don't know what to do, i don't like the pill, latex makes me itchy & Depro makes you fat! i really don't want any more babies (unless we win millions in Lotto) DH is getting chopped but not till early next year. so what happens till then? any suggestions......DH won't hold out forever

love kristy

hey Kristy

YAY is so good when the kids have sleeps at the same time. I love it. Callum is asleep now and Liam is also asleep. I can hear him stering but thats ok.

Awww I love my family photos. Ill have to get some more done with DH in them. I think its time for perfetional photos.

Cant help you in the birth control department as I dont have to worry about that as I dont have fellopian tubes so im lucky...

Well better go and have my hot chocolate before Liam wakes and then when callum gets up we going to see a friend. Ill bbl

Take care all

hi all, i'm typing with one hand as i have jonathan in my arms.

Belle- thanx for that sweety.

Mel- good to have u back sweety, how r u recovering? u have a beautiful princess

Mary- the name looks hot!

Kristy- I'm not taking birth control, cause dh & i want to get pregnant again before the end of this year we want our kids to be close together, you all think i'm crazy but i kind of miss being pregnant.

question- do any of you put baby lotion on bubs after bathing? and also do any of you shampoo bubs hair? i was told not to and to only use "johnson & johnson baby sorbelene" when can we use shampoo at wat age? cause they say not to shampoo cause it dries out scalp. any suggestions?

i'm going to give jonathan his bottle now, i will be back later tonite if i can, enjoy the rest of ur day ladies, take care xoxoxoxox

OMG Anastasia are you mad or what. Pg again so soon. awwww good on you anyway hun.

I use QV oil for Liam's bath and QV lotion for after bath. I massage him in it and he loves it. The hills nurse told me about that as she said johnson and johnson good souldnt be used till the babies are at least 6 months. Can dry there skin out.

Hope this helps hun

Oh and I dont shampoo his hair just use the water with QV oil in it for his head!!

Anastasia - I don't think I used shampoo on DS until he was a few months old. Just used the top to toe bath wash with him, but we have different stuff for DD because she is peeling so much (being overcooked and all )

Kristy - I don't know what we will be doing about birth control either - haven't discussed it really. Probably just the love gloves I suppose.. lol... I hate taking the pill and we probably wouldn't be doing a lot of it anyway TBH... PMSL!!!!!!!!! A packet might last us a year.. pmsl..

We will probably start trying for our next one in April or something next year.... then DH will go get the snip..

Went to the doc this morning because of a swelling in my back, so I have a haematoma (sp?) from where the spinal block went in, but it should go away in time. Also put me back on stronger drugs for my sciatic pain and referred me to a physio.. I hate physios and stuff, but I HAVE to be able to walk because its driving me crazy!!!!

Missy - I can't wait for the time that DD and DS are asleep at the same time!! DS is at day care today, so thats good... its easier to focus on a newborn than it is a toddler and a newborn!!!!

I know what you guys mean about taking pics.. we've hardly taken any of DD, and we had LOTS by the time DS was a week old... whoops.. hehe

Oh and BTW - Missy - your pics are gorgeous

Hi all,

just a quick one from me as Isabel is very unsettled since last night and I really haven't had any sleep. I really don't know what is wrong with her!! She hasn't slept since 8:30am this morning and only has cat naps. I'm so tired that I'm cranky and feel like a bad mum

Missy - Love your family pics sweet they are just gorgeous.

Mel - I hope your back gets better soon sweet, it's horrible when you can't do anything hey.

Tasia - I don't use anything on Isabel's hair just the water. I have used some J&J moisturiser but not much.

Hey one of my friends just told me to give Izzy some lukewarm water to help her belly is this true?? Does it ease their sore bellies???

Mez - if she has wind, then sugar in water can help ease it out. Thats if she will take it. We are using Infant's friend at the moment for DD and its bloody fantastic.. she has been so settled today (after a couple of unsettled days) and is still sleeping after going to sleep about 11.30... its great!!!!! Last night she slept really well too (we started the stuff yesterday arvo).

So if its wind that is upsetting her, maybe try some Infant's friend before the water? I know we introduced water for DS when he was about 4 weeks old?

AND YOU ARE NOT A BAD MOTHER!!!!! *slap slap*

You are a good mother because you CARE about how she is and want to help - they don't come with instructions

Hi Gudism,

Just wanted to say congrats on your little daughter! Hope everything is well, she looks beautiful!

I had a little girl as well on 8th July via emergency caesar and she is just such a gorgeous poppet, very placid. A piggy for her food, my boobs are killing me, but she is just so lovely I can't believe I helped make her!

Anyway take care, can't believe they grow so quickly !

Rachelle

Rach!!!! I've been thinking about you!! Wondering where you went and what happened!!!!!!!!

I'm glad things are going well for you (I get the sore boobs bit, I'm waiting for my milk to dry up and its PAINFUL!!!!)

Please keep popping in with your news!!!!!!

Much love
    xx

Mez - You're not a bad mother!!!!
    Good luck with your DD. I hope she's just having a bad day and settles for you.

Kristy - I'll just go on the pill again. Works well for me as I like to know exactly when I'll get my period and that I can skip it. I like to be incharge as much as I can. Lolol.

Tasia - We use that Johnsons & johnsons Bedtime bath stuff for his baths and his hair gets washed it that too. I've been using Johnsons & Johnsons baby lotion after his baths too.
    Wow. I can't believe you are wanting to get pg by the end of the year. Scary. I must admit I have times when I miss having Hayden in my belly.

Mel - You poor thing. I hope your back feels better soon. Your DD sounds like she's going great guns. Whoohoo!!

Kell - Whoa. I hope the tests come back and it's nothing serious and that it doesn't get worse. I wanna do my birth story too but I'm not sure yet. Hayden's hair is starting to lighten up, he kinda looks like he's got frosted tips. It's cute. I think he'll have the same colour hair as me and DS#1.

Missy - I'm trying to do the same thing with Hayden with the holding and picking him up all the time. It's so hard, hey. My DP always wants to cuddle and hold him, so it's hard for me to tell him not to aswell. Lol.

So we got Hayden measured and weighed, etc today. He's put on 427grams in a week. So he weighs 4452g. Whatta fattie. JUST JOKINGGGGGGG!
    HC: 37.5cm and Length: 53cm now.
    The nurse said to wipe his gunky eyes with salt water on a tissue, so we'll try that.

I so thought I was going really well with my emotional crap lately until last night and this morning. It's like as soon as I start crying everything just makes me keep crying. Then DP doesn't seem like he cares.
    DS#1 always makes sure I'm alright though. He likes to protect mummy and tells me he'll handle it when I'm upset. Lol. It makes me smile.

Hope you're all doin' great.
    xx

Hi Girls

Just a quick one as Tara is due to feed any minute and havent even had a shower today and my bb's are killing me!

SW - honey I agree I dont think there is anything wrong with expressing and using the bottle, I think your LC is a bit too our cautious I expressed for 4 days and now back on the bb's only and Tara has no issue feeding at all. Also if you use a dummy thats a different type of sucking too. Is today any better sweetie?

Tasia - we use Cetaphil wash only in the bath and after QV Cream to massage if needed. I have very dry skin so thats all I have been recommended to ever use on my babies. We wash Tara's head with the Cetaphil water with a clean washer, thats fine. We only started using shampoo with Julia around 9 months when we were sure it was ok for her skin and then we used only Avent milk one. She is ok with Huggies one now nearly two years old and also the bath wash by J&J but was too harsh earlier. Tasia will email pics to you tonight honey.

Off to have a long awaited shower!

Bel
    xxx

Missy- Thanx sweety I will go & buy QV now even my SIL recommended it to me, she said J&J drys out skin & it did to my poor Jonathan but only little bit on his legs. But on his forehead it's like he is peeling why??

Mel- Oh u poor thing, how is ur bubba going?

Mary- Thanx sweety, How r u & Izzy going?

Tenny- Yep I got balls lol. I just miss being pregnant, the kicking & all, but not the last months though. So it would be good to get pregnant again before the end of the year, i might get pregnant ASAP or I it will take long or I could never get pregnant again. Who knows, we'll see wat happens

Belle- thanx sweety

Sorry, I did forget to mention in the last post that my stomach feels weird like I'm getting my period soon (hope so). Anywayz I'm off to watch "Neighbours" Yes I do watch that & "Home & Away" lol. Sad I know. And going to give my baby his bottle, he is a sloooooooooow drinker. I hope he will improve he never drinks all his milk he always leave at least 10mls of milk. But he is doling well, I'm proud of him, Talk later ladies xoxoxoxoxox

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast