Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 16th - 31st 2008

Zee - I'm glad you found us - I don't really look up that other thread these days!!! Mine isn't sleeping well either at night if it makes you feel better!!

Mez - thats pretty cute with your DH... men love their little princesses I think!!! I can't believe that the number of girls and boys were pretty even in the end!!!!

Feeb - congrats!! That's a great sleep in the bassinette!!

Missy - hope you are feeling better today hon

Kel - hope last night was better for you. I think DS is getting his molars too

Well little miss still doesn't want to sleep after her 2.30am feed.... DH took her into the hallway last night away from the little light in the bedroom and she fell asleep pretty quickly, so thinking about taking my bubba moe into the bedroom, whack her in that and maybe she will take a little less than 1.5 hours to get back to sleep. DS has been waking at 6am too, so we are getting a little tired!!!!

Going to show her off at work today, so that should be fun. Also going shopping for a new lounge cos ours is really bad and not helping my pelvis!!!!

Which reminds me, better have breakfast and my daily dose of codeine!!!

Have a good day all!!!

Morning all..

Well we have been giving Keira Infants Friend before each of her feeds since her 5pm one last night (she had a bit of a carry on btween 9pm and 11pm) but after that the stuff seemed to have kicked in and she slept until 2.30am, then woke for a feed and slept until 6.30am. So alot better than the last few nights! She seems happy enough this morning too. Has been just sitting in her bouncer and looks to be nodding off now. Looks like miracle stuff! lets hope it continues to work!

Zee.. oh no worries.. just sounded like you didnt know about that stuff when you were saying you wanted to switch to formula to help his reflux. But i wouldnt feel like youve "given up" if you need to switch to formula. Theres absolutely nothing wrong with formula. And as my wonderful favourite midwife/CHN said to me, you have to do whats right for your family as a whole.

Mez.. oh thats lovely of your DH. Mine sat up last night waiting for Keira to wake for her was suppose to be 1.30am feed, she didnt wake until 2.30am.. just so i could get a full night sleep. Gotta love them hey. Wow looks like the stats are pretty even hey!

Feeb.. thats great!! Hope Jacob continues that! Can you ask him if he can send his secrets on sleeping well over to Keira?

Missy.. oh hun i hope youre feeling better tonight and Liam didnt keep you up so you could get some rest. Do you have any thing like Stemitil you can take? Not sure if you can take it while BF but im sure theres something you can. You poor thing. Have some coke even. My friend use to call it the Black Doctor. The citiric acid/fizz actually helps ease your stomach and the sugar gives you back some energy. But hope youre feeling better today. Oh woohoo on getting back to your pre weight. I have to weigh myself to see also as ive lost pretty much most of my stomach already. Alot quicker than i did with Jesse.

Mel.. my stomach looks better every day. Remember you only had bubs just over a week ago. your uterus is probably still quite big. So hopefully youll be pushing Pamela Anderson back in her box once again very soon! But how are you feeling now hun? Hows the stitches etc healing? Is Mehkelti being a good girl for you?

Bear.. DH is going to get me a feeding chair once our baby bonus is in. Definately a great investment i think. With DS we didnt have one but whenever i went over to Kristy's i used hers with Jesse and he was always out like a light! Hers is sooooo cumfy! Plus DH has been rocking Keira in his computer chair lately and has been helping her to sleep alot. Just get one that is comfortable and you can rock i guess. Go test a few out at Babies Galore or something maybe?

Tenny.. hope your DS's sort themselves out But yeh Jesse's been playing up lately too.. prob doesnt help his 2 yr molars have just popped through. But im sure Elijah will start to come good soon. Still all new for him. The photos are gorgeous hun!

Well Jesse is still asleep! Cant believe it! But least he will be in a good mood hopefully today. Usually is when he gets a sleep in.

Morning all,

Kel - good to hear the infants friend is working

Mel - have fun showing Mehkelti off at work, we took DD into DFs work yesterday & all the office staff were all over her. Hope you find a nice comfy lounge.

feeb - nice one on the sleep!

We had a good night last night. Maddi slept from 8-1.30 then, 2.30 - 5 and 5.30 - 9. So I hope she keeps this up!!

Morning all

Well feeling abit better today. I had the worst head ach yesterday to top things off. I had a friend come over last night from 7 -9.30 as I was in bed and DH had to work. I slept the whole time she was here but jsut needed some one here as DD, DS and Me were all in bed sick. Awwww crappy family here... But Im feeling abit better now. Little head ache on the right side but thats about it. Have had some great sleeps so that one good thing.

Gudism DH just got back from the doc for melissa and callum and got some fess as well for liam. thanks for that hun. Lets hope your little one settles better for you. YAY happy shopping too hun.

Ayapi not fussed on sticking that stuff up his nose and sucking it out again...awww gross...lol. Poor little fella but if you say it does wonders, well then ok.

Hey Zee nice to see ya hun. Sorry your little one isnt sleeping very well. Its so hard some times and trying to figure out what is wrong with them. Hope he settles soon hun.

skittlebub you lucky thing. Way to go Maddi, Good girl

Kell DH got up to him for me. He is off again today for me. Not sure his boss is happy but stuff him. Oh really about the coke. Ill have to get some. Oh got to love the infants friend...lol. Sorry you ended up having to use it but hey if she is sleeping and is happy then i say give it to her.

YAY jacob on sleeping in your bed little fella. Feeb you must be so proud of him. Well done

Hi to the rest of you ladies. Hope your all well.

Well better go

Hi girls

Sorry havent been around, between my friends husband passing away and Maz and I organising fundraising for her and both of us calling churches for help etc, I havent had time to get on the net. Tara's feeding is very crazy at the moment she does cluster feeds at least once or twice a day so im exausted. Thankfully she is feeding well at night now which is a bonus but that may change as it did last week. For the past 2 nights she fed at 10pm, 2am, 6am or so so thats ok but I cant wait until shes a bit older and drops the 2am feed... We are attaching ok for BF however when she is extra super hungry she fusses to attach and then when she does drinks too fast and then pukes.

Hello to everyone, I cant do many personals at the moment sorry im just so tired and need some rest at the moment.

Missy - my c-section is healing well this time, I drove yesterday first time and was ok. Are you driving too?

Zee - thanks so much for your pm honey. I actually havent been well with my PND. Too embarrassed to share with everyone what went on, but I cried for hours after. I hope you are ok too. Mine is a combination of my anxiety getting to me and worried about Chrissy coping with all her kids and losing her husband and me dealing with Julia's tantrums and then also DH when he is irritable with no sleep and of course me too with no sleep and feeling trapped in my house cause I cant drive anywhere my anxiety gets worse ( I did sneak in a drive yesterday around the corner to the shops to see how my c-section was holding up).

hey belle

Yes ive been driving for about a week now. Im abit naughty in that department. But only local. Like I wouldnt drive up the coast to my mums house just yet. Will wait till 6 weeks for that.

She's back - and firmly clutching the wooden spoon!
    Just got home with our little princess this morning, soooo happy she's feeling better.
    Bear is completely gaga.
    to all.... I'm going to see if I can get my life a bit sorted out now, but will post more later.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Well the one night sleep in own room did not happen again!!!!! Would not settle last light till 1am and then that was in bed on my chest.
    He is chucking so much that it is stressing me out big time!! I weighted him on mon (have borrowed a friends scales) he had put on 165 grams since mchn check so i was excited and thought well on track weighted him again today and he has lost 30 grams!! ahhhhhhhh crap I am giving him infants friend pre EVERY feed on mon i have mchn appt and tues ob 6 weeks check so will have to see what they say but i am at wits end as he chucks so bad. Have spoken to friend who r Lactation consultants and they said abit to early to diagnose relux definatly.

*Belle* sorry to hear about yor frined you and maz are doing a great job organising help.

Kellxx no point jacob talking to your Keira as he didnt do it again!!!

pixie welcome back with your wooden spoon!!

Gudism hope you enjoy showing her off at your work.

I havent been driving yet i am actually a bit scared at thought of driving with Jacob in car.

hello to everyone else

all,

Well we had a good night last night, Isabel feed at 9pm, 1:00am, 4:30am so I got some sleep in between. I find that she is getting really demanding lately screaming if I take the bottle out of her mouth, cheeky little monkey

Pixie - Welcome back sweet, I hope you get yourself sorted and can't wait to hear all about your little girl Beth, although TheBear did keep us updated. Yes you can tell he is smitten from the photos. I think all the daddy's are with their princesses..

Feeb - Oh hun I'm sorry to hear that Jacob didn't sleep for you last night, it must be very frustrating.. I find that Izzy doesn't settle after her morning feed 9am until like her next feed at 1pm, drives me crazy

Zee
    - Good to see you joined this thread sweet. I go into the other one every now and then just to see what is going on if anything. I hope Lucas sleeps for you soon without wanting to be held.

Mel - Have fun today visiting your work and finding a new couch.

Belle - I'm so sorry to hear about your friends husband. It must be such a hard time for her and her family at the moment but having you and Maz as friends and helping organise the funeral must be a huge help for her.

Missy - I hope you all get better soon sweet. Not nice having the whole family sick but really nice that your DH is home helping you out.

Kell - Is you mum visiting your at the moment or is that next week?? I'm so glad that Infant's Friend is working for Keira, I have it in the pantry but haven't used it yet.

Skittlebub - so glad that Maddi slept so well for you sweet. It's nice when they do that hey you feel have human in the mornings and able to deal with the rest of your day

Afternoon everyone.

Pixie - Welcome home. I hope everything is going great with your little girl.

Mel - Awh. I hope DD was a good girl while you showed her off. My mum showed off Hayden the other day, and he slept the whole time. I was so proud of him. Hope your pelvis is getting better.

Feeb - Way to go at Jacob sleeping in his bassinette. YAY! I hope the throwing up and stuff eases off. Poor little fella ( and mummy too )

Mez - Wow. The genders are almost even that's so cool and I still think it's strange that most of the little fellas all came first.

Skittle - YAY for your little girl sleeping great. Sleeping is going pretty well here so far. I'm holding my breath he'll still keep sleeping well.

Belle -

Zee - great to see you. I hope your little man starts sleeping better for you.

This morning I was doing my usual expressing, you know.. and DP was like let's see if DS will attach on and have a bit of a suck. Attached great and sucked away for a bit. I was suprised and thankful I paid attention at the hospital about attachment. LOL.
    I still think it was the best option for us to go with bottle feeding though. so :P

Anyone else having troubles finding the baby clothes they're looking for?
    I tried to go find some warm outfits for DS2 today, but the stupid shops either had none in his size, or didn't have what I wanted since they're changing everything over for spring. It's silly, cause it's still cold.
    I did get myself trackies today. One was reduced $9 and the other was $12. BARGIN!!!

Geez, I'm so annoyed with my DP he just falls asleep anywhere anytime and can't control himself. It's bl0ody ridiculous. Beyond a joke. No wonder I'm so exhausted all the time. How am I suppose to nap or whatever, when he's always asleep. What's the point of having him here to help me with the boys. GRRRRRRRR!
    Lol. End vent.

all round.

Good morning everyone, thanks so much for all the congrats and good wishes.... nice to be on this side of the fence finally!
    Well the little princess is settling in beautifully. Yesterday she basically fell asleep on every possible surface - in the car seat, in the hammock, in her rocker, on the Bear, in the pram. What a champ. And she had a great night, slept in three hour stretches, fed beautifully and promptly passed back out again. We are completely besotted.
    We took her for a walk to the shops in her pram yesterday. She slept the whole time. The Bear was as proud as punch. This morning he has just been coming in and out of the room - every time he wanders off to do something he has to come back and look at her some more! LOL
    Mel, kel, feeb, ayapi, zee, sw, tenny, missy, belle & skittlebub.
    wonder how lotsa is going.... anyway, off for a shower, catch up later

Morning all (yup, still morning - just!!!)

Show off went well yesterday - everyone thought she was just beautiful - and looks like her mummy!! Maybe this one WILL look like me... lol (poor bugger.. )

Missy & Belle - I drove the other week too - my scar is doing pretty well, and it was just a run down the street, so I just did it. I know my insurance covers me though, so thats not a problem.

Kel - is the infants friend still working for you guys? I find that I have to give her a dose at the start of the feed, and a dose at the end of the feed, and sometimes she still screams her lungs out with wind pain.. might have to just hang in there till 1 month so I can put her on infacol.. How's Jesse going with the new addition?

Pixie - its great to see you here I'm glad you guys are in love with your little princess - we think ours is pretty special too. We have learnt that we so appreciate the second one more than we did the first - and feel pretty bad that we didn't appreciate him as much as we probably should have.

Tenny - yup same troubles here. All pretty dresses and stuff like that, but no warm suits in her size to sleep in (and lets face it, thats ALL she's going to be doing for a while, not like she'll be crawling in a week or so!!!) Its shockin up here - since we are nearly at the end of winter, the shops just don't stock warm clothes
    Oh and try cold icy water tipped over your DP's head - that'll do the trick to wake him up

Mez - she sounds like she's going great guns. Ours has a "dream feed" around 9.30 and then sleeps till about 2.30 or 3.00, feeds, doesn't want to go back to sleep till around 4-ish and then wakes up again at around 7am for another feed. So is doing better than her brother - but her brother always fell asleep after a feed!!!!!

Feeb - ours is a bit of a chucker too. DS was a HUGE chucker, but didn't have reflux or anything, was just a chucker.. lol Hope you had a good night with Jacob.

Belle - you are a sweetheart for helping out your friend. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Huge helllooooooooooooooo to everyone else.

Didn't end up getting a couch. Nothing caught our eye and we probably shouldn't spend money anyway.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

i am also finding infants friend not doing that much. is infacol or brauns better???

He chucks so much that i am scared about his weight as some times chucks what looks like all the booby milk he would have had and other times is curdled milk.

I need to send forms off for him so that he is on medicare what happens if need a script before they r on it??

You should still be able to get the script Feeb under your medicare number. I doubt that they would withhold medicine if he really needs it.
    And we got the paediatrician to check DS when he was chucking cos he threw up so much liquid.. the paed said its never as much as you think it is, it just looks like a lot but really its only a few ml.

Infacol worked amazing on DS - so thats why I was thinking of going back to that. Its worked on all my sister's kids too. I'm probably going to try the colic relief stuff though cos I'm sick of hearing her scream her poor little lungs out!!!!!! Can just tell she is in pain, and its heartbreaking..

Thanks for your thoughts girls, Im not doing too well at the moment but better than last time when I got PND with Julia thank god for medication. Good news girls, we took Tara to the MCHN today for her weigh in checkup and she gained 300g in 2 weeks and is now over her birth weight which is great!

Hello to everyone I will need to catchup on posts before doing more personals. I hope you are all well and Pixie great to see you home and that Bear is so proud too!

SW - thanks for your help re my laptop matey! its all working now! Im sitting in bed while Tara sleeping its great!

Yeh we're giving it to Keira before every feed. She still has an upset period "witching hour" every night though. So gave her some more drops then.. not sure if it worked, but she did fall asleep and it didnt go on for hours like she did before. Last night we had a pretty good night after that little episode though.. fed at 10.30pm.. slept from 11ish until 2.30am, gave her a feed when i heard her stirring (before she could break out into a full on cry) and she fell straight back asleep until 7.30am this morning. How old do they have to be to take the Infacol? My sister used that too and found it great. Ill switch to that if the Infants Friend stops working.

Missy.. glad youre starting to feel better hun. Yep exactly.. if it works then go with it i say! Especially after what we went through with Jesse, the poor mite.

Feeb.. talk to your CHN if youre worried about his weight. But id tend to think, like us, their weight through a week may fluctuate.. hense why they say you should only weigh yourself (not sure if that applies to babies too) once a week and at the same time of the day. But do get him checked out for piece of mind.. if it makes you feel better. Oh really re diagnosing the reflux. Wonder how Zee was told Lucas has reflux then? I dont really know much about it. But do know that Jesse was a HUGE chucker.. as was my nephew.. Keira not as bas so far.. but with Jesse it looked like he was bringing up a whole bottle. But i think (and was told) it always looks worse than it is when they bring it up.. kinda like an oil leak from your car iykwim. Re Medicare.. not sure.. but i know you can take the Medicare form into medicare and they give you a print out until your card arrives. I did that with Keira.

Mez.. yep mums here this week. Dad picks her up tomorrow. But surprise surprise she has actually done a 360 on the way she was before Keira was born! Shes been doing all the washing up, hanging out the washing, bringing it in, playing with Jesse and feeding Keira. Has restored my faith lol Thats great to hear Izzy going so well.

Tenny.. how funny re the boob! lol i should try Keira.. just for *****s and giggles Oh that sux your DP isnt being more helpful. Mine use to always offer to bath Jesse then the time would come for him to have a bath and he'd go lay on the couch and fall asleep! Id just go and cough really loud next to your DP to wake him, then when hes awake.. say oh youre awake.. can you mind the boys now while i go nap

Mel.. Jesse's going great with Keira. Im very impressed. He still is having lots of tanties though.. but think its a bit of Terrible 2's, his molars coming through and the new addition. But with her soley, hes great.. not jealous if im holding her.. if she drops her dummy will put it back in.. hes being a great big brother. Hows Aricyn going?

Pixie.. welcome back! Glad youre enjoying your princess!

BIG HELLO to everyone else. Hope your babies are being good!!

Ok gonna make a cuppa now both kids are asleep and have caught up with your chicky babes.
    Last edited by ShootingStar; August 15th, 2008 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Am a spelling dunce

everyone, hope all your bubby's are behaving.

Just a quick post while Maddi is asleep. Had a health centre visit this morning and she's put on 455g in 8 days!!! What a piggy.... Everything is ok with her, still got a small amount of oral thrush which they've given me something else to use on her.
    Had our first really bad night last night, she screamed from 12.30 - 3.30 and I tried everything to calm her down and was about to take her for a drive but then she fell asleep just after I got dressed.

BBL she just woke up....

Everyone.

Sorry I have been MIA latey but been having some difficulties with feeding/supply. Ava has a great sucking reflex (a little too good - LC called her a parhana) and for the first couple of days did a substantial amount of damage to my nipples . Ended up expressing for a couple of days to allow for healing time. Started using a nipple sheild to help with the 'chomping' which seemed to work. Unfortunately I have been struggling with low supply since and DD not putting on any weight (lost 10% over 2 weeks). Tried for a week to increase my supply (feeding every 3 hours, and expressing in between but demand feeding at night) so have been just exhausted. Hasn't worked enough tho and midwife has suggested I go to the doctors to get something to increase my supply ( can't remember the name).

I've been struggling mentally with BF - would shudder everytime I had to put her on the boob - she would just hurt me!!! Trying to get more from me then I could give - all that sucking just hurt!!! I have finally decided to express what I can and then top up with formula for as long as I have milk, and then full time FF when my supply dries up. Lots of tears were shed before I made that decision. Hopefully Ava's weight gain will continue (put on 30 grams over 48 hours).

Haven't had the time to read all the pages yet, but look forward to getting 'back into the swing of BB'.

BTW - thanks alot Belle for your PM's. I tried your suggestions. My boobies just didn't want to play .

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast