Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 1st - 15th 2008

Hi all,

Hope everyone is going well and bubs are sleeping well.

Poor Reaghan and I have both had the flue, she still is not sleeping well and still wont sleep in her bassinet, it worked for a week and that was it. Day times are getting hard as to get her to sleep I have to bounce her in the bouncer and when I stop she wakes up so cant leave her. Going to try some tuff love soon as trying the peacefull ways are not working.

She is getting better today and we are having or 6 week checkup on Thursday will be interesting to see what she weighs and how much she has grown.

~*Kris*~ Guest

Hey everybody,
    Just a quick post before Riley wants his bottle (so know what you mean about the temper tantie when the bottle isn't delivered promptly Taznbondy!!) The little man is going so well, full of smiles. I dont know about everyone else but I could sit there all day pulling silly faces just to see those beautiful smiles!
    Went for our check up with the community nurse, told her that Riley seems to be getting alot of wind and she told me that all the signs of wind can also be signs of being over tired and that he needs to be sleeping more. Problem is he sleeps for a little while then wakes up crying and pulling his little legs up, im pretty sure thats wind!!! Anyway i have put him on infacol drops and it seems to be helping, he is now sleeping a lot better and getting into a better feed play sleep routine during the day which is always nice!
    Tan, glad Lochie is feeling better, its so horrible to see them in pain and not be able to do anything for them.
    Sweetpea, think im getting the flu too so I know how you feel, just hope i dont pass it onto bubby. Hope your little one starts sleeping better for you.
    Anyway take care all, hope everyone gets plenty of sleep!!

Argh - I have been awake since 4am thanks to Darrens alarm clock and Bella's grunting!
    At 4am on the dot Darren's alarm started bleeping away only to be turned to snooze, not once, not twice, not even three times, but four! By the second round of beeps I was awake and so was Bella, but our favourite man was still stubbornly avoiding conciousness.

Sure I feel for him. I mean he has to get up early - and no one in their right mind actually enjoys being up before the sparrow has even considered farting... but really!
    I did the night feeds. It is meant to be an unspoken law that when your breastfeeding partner and baby are in bed beside you, you make every effort to get your @rse out of bed like a shot to ensure that they can slumber for 5 minutes longer!

But NO. I was the silly one who was up cooking him breakfast this morning before the frost had even settled on the grass.

Bella has since decided that she doesn't want to go back to sleep. Porsha is due to be up in not very long at all, and I have the most horrendous cough post head cold that I can remember.........Oh and did I mention that I just needed to vent?

Jules - what sort of news are you reading at 2am? Unless you are fluent in Russian I can not imagine that anything exciting is happening at that time of the day!

i feel for u naomi!!! i dont know what id do if i couldnt sleep thru DH alarm and the constant snooze and alarm going off but i do and so does alyssa. however a few times now alyssa has woken around alarm time for a feed so its good timing i suppose! (but still nothing like 4am!)

weve had some sleepless days here.. alyssa likes to fall asleep while feeding and sleep in my arms, if i put her down she wakes up. so id spent all last week doing that up till after the midday feed and then go shopping for 4-6hrs straight(id walk down the street and back, BUT i swear its rained for 2 weeks straight and forecast is another week of rain! ARGH!!!!!!!), as she likes to sleep in the pram if its moving... ah least the baby bonus is put to good use! ROFL!

I feel like she is feeding ever hour or two for 5-30mins and sleeping for 20-30mins in my arms or 10-15mins if i put her down. (its just sooo damn confusing!!)

yesterday i tried waking her every time she fell asleep while feeding, made sure she burped to kingdom come and then put her down in the bassinette for the pram (which was on the floor in front of me) it worked better, up till DH came home and dinner time.. dinner time up till 9-10pm is her big unsettled time. Once she goes down tho its nice when she wakes for a 3am feed and then again at 7am! cant complain about that!! Shes fine thru the night, but a grump thru the day!

the cat or kitten is in heat again too.. (im the one who wants it desexed) and theres now a tom in the area and he gets under our house and calls ALL FREAKING DAY!!!! id love a word or 2 with whoever owns him, as its driving me bonkers.. im glad it doesnt wake/keep me awake.. much to exhausted i guess! (theres only 1 place where he can get in under the house, but i blocked it up last time and then heard him under there and had to unblock it.. so maybe its even sleeping down there now?!!)

Just had to share this gem. Bella and I had a bath together last night and she was so happy that she wanted to gurgle the whole time. This is the first time that we have been quick enough with the camera to almost catch a real smile......but true to form Bella stuck her tongue out just at the moment that the flash went off.

Either way you can see just how happy she is. http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...4&ppuser=13058

Jules I am currently trying a homeopathic drop, but was told yesterday that if you use Infacol and Infants Friend together it works wonders - apparently. Something about one releasing the entrapment better and the wind.

As for the diet, I haven't changed mine, but they say windy foods are sugary foods, so if you are going to have sugary foods - do this in the morning as apposed to the afternoon. Even foods like corn and peas are apparently sugary, so try to avoid these vegies at night time meals.

Jules - Bella has not been very windy, but Porsha was always suffering from wind. I found that green vegetables in my diet seemed to make her wind worse? Or maybe it was my imagination.....or maybe I was looking for a way out of eating my greens.

I did find that Infacol worked on her when combined with Infants friend as Sheree suggested. I also learnt to get really good at rubbing it out of her. Loads of squishing baby seemed to calm Porsha's wind more than any drops ever could have.

Either way it is a painful time for both Sam and you - so I send you some calming vibes to try and take the edge off watching your little man squirm.

Hi girls
    I always thought that cabbage was a big wind causing thing, so i avoid it of have it in small amounts.

The pic of Bella is so cute what a smile.

Lachlan had a rough day yesterday. in the morning he did a poo after 6 days again and it was everywere.
    I had a great time trying to clean it up. Only way was a quick bath in the kitchen sink. After this he did not settle all day and just seemed to want to feed all day. I ended up giving him some formula so i could just get a break. He drank 140mls and feel asleep. I felt so bad after though but managed to express a feed for him and once again when he slept i got another bottle of EBM so i know i have the milk. At least now though i can give him a bottle of breastmilk if he has another hungry day.
    I cant believe he is 6 weeks already.

a pic of the mess
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php?photo=8805

and a bath in the sink
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php?photo=8806

hi ladies.

Well, things are going pretty well here. I went to the dr this morning for my 6 wk check up - all good - and they also weighed & measured Jess. She's now 4.4 kg (was 3.42 when born) and 56cm long (50.5 cm when born) so all is going well. Oh, her HC is now 37cm.

She's full of smiles and coos which is awesome. She's discovered her tongue and keeps poking that out, and is finding her hands at the moment too so is grabbing everything she can reach!

I could honestly spend HOURS just sitting and watching her every day. Bondy plays "Peek-a-boo" with her and she loves it. I'm so glad he's getting lots of smiles as well as me!

I had Jess in the bath with me (if you would call it a bath - such a poor excuse and so tiny!) the other night for the first time. It was great. Still no excellent photos of her smiling yet. She seems to go serious as soon as I pull out the camera!

Naomi - hope you're feeling better?* The photo of Bella in the bath is gorgeous!
    Tan - love the one of Lachlan in the sink!

Well, the latest on Bondy's job is that it's pretty much full steam ahead. He's getting a letter written up today so he can hand it in to the stinking army. they want him to start out at the mines on the 22nd Sept. Kind of a good thing, but then he wants to spend the first 3 weeks down there instead of coming up on his first 7 days off. I can understand that - gives him time to suss things out down there, get his bearings, find different things (like a place to live!) and then he will come up after his 2nd 7 day shift!

but, we've done lots of talking and it looks like I'll be moving down there with Jess in as little as 8 weeks (think I may have already mentioned that in a previous post?) which is pretty much confirmed now! ARGH! Hopefully we will be able to get a relocation through the army - Bondy's entitled to one - which saves me having to pack the entire house, as well as looking after Jess by myself, sorting out redirection of mail, etc etc etc.

I can honestly say that I'm pretty nervous about such a big move with a little baby. I know it's not THAT far from Townsville to Emerald but it's to a place I don't know (anyone know of good medical centres / suburbs to rent in / places to work / child care centres???) where I won't be working straight away so don't have that outlet to meet more adults.

It's an adventure though, so I should be okay in the long run... I'm sure I'll be able to find a play group or something like that!

Gotta go - Jess is starting to whinge again and her bottle isn't ready (what a terrible mother I am!!!)

Hope you're all going well.

Taz

Hi girls!!

How is everyone?? Thought I would pop in and say hi!!

Haven't read thru all posts (don't have time atm, sorry!) Hope all your bubs are well?

Taz, we have friends that live in Emerald and they have young children. Their names are Dean and Kristy Matheson. Dean was born and raised there and Kristy grew up there I think. Anyway, both are really great friendly people and worth getting to know. Kristy should be able to help you out with the doctors and childcare situations etc. If you want their number PM me. Dean knows everyone!!

Flynn is going great! He weighs 5.9 kg (not bad for a month early!), 59cm long and hc of 41cm. So yes he's a big boy!! A big chubby bubby!!

Still only wakes once a night for a feed and its usually a quick one 'cause he's not fully awake. Then he doesn't wake til about 7-7.30. So we are getting great sleep atm.

Well must go and pick the other two up.

Take care girls!

Jean

hi all,

I hope everyone is haveing a better time of it than I am at the moment, bub still has the flu, she is all snuffly and is not sleeping well and to top it off she only slept from midnight to 7 this morning and in that time woke twice for a feed and has not slept well today. DH has been called into work tonight so wont be home till about 8am tommorrow, hopeing bub is more settled tonight.

We have our 6 week check tommorrow so will find out how much she has put on since she was 11 days old lol.

Default Reaghan 6 week check

Hi all,

I hope everyone is having a good time with there little ones.

Reaghan had her 6 week check on Thursday (6w 6d) she is now 5.350kg, 55cm length, 39cm head. All good. So she is doing well. However on the sleep front and a routine she does not have one and at night she is still feeding every 2-3hrs I think this is more from her still haveing a cold. In the day she either sleeps in her bouncer or swing and is more upright so she sleeps a bit longer.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Afternoon everyone!

Well, Bondy is away (he left this morning to head a couple of hours north for a buck's night tonight so won't be back til tomorrow!) and Jess is asleep, so I thought I would get on here quickly to say hi since the house is clean now!

Jess is going through a growth spurt at the moment - she's averaging close to 300ml of milk for her night feeds before going to bed. She then sleeps through from 9pm to 4.30am. Not bad really. During the day, she varies with her feeds from drinking 120 - 280 ml each time.....

Sweatpea - glad Reaghan's health check went well. Hope she's doing better soon with her cold.

Naomi - how are you feeling hun?

So, not much else to report this end.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend.

Taz xoxo

Hi everyone, hope you are all well!

Haven't had a chance to get on to the internet much The wind drops I use are just the ones from the supermarket and they seem to work well.

Grace is going well, she is very placid and still sleeps through the night, or if she sleeps at 7 or so she'll wake up at 2 or so for a feed.

Like most of you she struggles a bit with her poos, so I will be trying the sugar trick in the bottle, because some days she is in so much pain and I feel so bad for her. She grunts and groans and cries to no avail!

I have slowly been writing my thankyous, Grace has been so spoilt and just when I think she can't get anymore stuff another present arrives! Her wardrobe is so full I cannot squeeze another outfit in! I think I should have called her Imelda and not Grace as she has so many clothes!

Grace has just gone into the 00 size in the Bonds growsuits, oh she is growing so fast but has the tiniest feet!

I go back to work in a few weeks and am dreading it. Grace is being minded by a good friend and my sister but I can't imagine not being with her now.

Oh well just a quick visit hope you are all good, take care

Rachelle

Hi Ladies,

Well life has seemed to pass in a blur the last few weeks. Lachlan had his check up yesterday and is doing great guns. He is now 61 cms long so he has grown 11 cms since birth and he now weighs 5600grams so has put on 2450grams since birth. and his head circumference is now 38cm .

The gp was great , she is a new one for us and im so happy i changed to her. She has even given us a referal to take Lachlan to a plastic surgeon for a consult. Lachlans right ear seems to have no cartlidge in it, While it has improved since birth its still not perfect, this is just a cosmetic thing and we are just going to discuss it, His ear may fix itself as it is 10 times better then when he was born.
    Basically he just had a flap of skin as an ear it had no shape to it at all, it has now started to curve over and form a lobe but only part of the ear.We think he must have lyed on that ear in the womb. Something minor of course but as his Mum i just want to make sure its all ok.

Hamish is now starting to feel a little left out and if someone comes up to us to look at Lachlan he will jump in front and demand their attention.

Lachlans poo issues have sorted he had a few weeks were it was only once a week and then this week we have had 6 dirty nappies so things are good that end.

WEll hope you are all doing well

Tania
    xxx

Hi ladies,
    I have been MIA lately as i have been getting into a 'routine' with the 3 boys, doing wedding stuff and trying to clean house! What a challenge..
    Koen has been growing well, he is almost out of 000 growsuits, he has grown 3cms since birth, put on 1kg and HC 1.5cm. I actually think he is going through another spurt coz he has been sleeping alot lately. He normally has a feed around 9 then sleeps till 3 then till 7. It normally takes a bit for my boys to sleep through, i think Zhai was the fastest at 3 months, Jett was at 1 year!
    Jett has been waking up and coming into us at night (as he is in a single bed) and goes back to sleep in our bed so i do the transfer... Only for him to come back at 5am! Grrr. We got up at 5am today so i think i will be having a nanna nap today (weather is great for it) catch up on some sleep.
    My older two are feeling a little left out at times, as they are demanding alot of attention, Poor lil fellas. I hope things setle down soon.
    Oh sorry to hear you are having trouble with your little ones with their pooping, Koen is having trouble breathing when he is feeding, he doesnt know how to get the suck/swallow/breathe thing yet.. He is getting better slowly.
    Oh and i had a pure baby moment yesterday... I picked up the follow on formula for him instead of the starter, with my last $20 and i opened it.... Lucky H2B gets paid today!! What can i do with this tin now??? Any Suggestions??

Talk soon Ladies!

HI all,

I had an excellent night last night, Reaghan went to sleep in her car capsule when I was heading out at 720pm stayed asleep the whole time I was out, so when I got home left her in it thinking she would wake aroun 1030-11 for a feed nope so carried her in it into my room and she slept there till 5am this morn so I had a great 6 hr sleep and then she feed and went back to sleep so she slept for 12 hrs with one feed. I know it won't happen everynight but it is what I needed.

She is starting to get over her cold/flu so hoping that she will start to get into a routine soon.

OMG my child slept for 12 hours straight.... I AM STILL IN SHOCK!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast