Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 1st - 15th 2008

Hi everyone

Well, today is the first time I've been able to get near a computer in a few days - I've been busy working while Bondy has been at home playing Mr Mum (and I am happy to report that he has now changed 2 crappy nappies - much to his displeasure!!!)

Jess has been fantastic over the last couple of days which is great considering she was Satan's spawn last week... she wouldn't sleep during the day, and would get over tired and then SUPER cranky! Grrr...was driving me insane!

Bondy has now officially finished with the army so I'm very happy (and so is he). He has this week off and then starts his new job on Monday. We're heading down south on Thursday morning to have a look at some rentals etc. Hopefully we can find something we like that is going to be available when we go down in around 7 weeks.

I've since found out that I don't have to pack anything except our clothes, and personal papers. The removalists come in on the 10th November, pack everything and then come back on the 11th and take everything away. We apparently get everything delivered around 17th.... but that's fine with me coz the removalists then come and UNPACK everything at the other end! WOO HOO!!!!! As a final thing through the army, we get put up in accommodation up here while the house is being packed up and they also pay for the 2 days child care for Jess as well as animal boarding so it's all good - no stress involved at all!!!

That's about it, going to head off now and spend some time with Jess & Bondy while they're lounging on the couch.

Hope you're all going well.

xoxo

Hi ladies,

I see some familiar names from the pregnancy thread, but I haven't posted on here in a while so thought I would pop in and say hi.

Firstly congratulations on all the little bubs, I am trying to catch up on who had what and when.

Owen John was born on July 15th, 6 days after his due date. Labour was about 6 hours, mostly done at home. I had an episiotomy after 1 and a half hours of pushing and had no pain relief.

We are having a bit of a rough time at the moment and Owen has just been diagnosed with silent reflux, we have Zantac for him so hopefully he starts to improve soon.

Hope you are all well
    Sarah

hi girls
    I just wanted to know what everyone's bubs are doing re bed time and sleep. I think Belle is doing pretty good at night, and slowly getting the hang of day sleeps.

We try and have her in bed by 8:30-9pm after a shower or bath. Should I be putting her down earlier? Sometimes she'll wake up about 1:30am, other times she can go till 3 or 4. Most nights it's only one feeding but last night she fed at 2 and was then awake again at 4. Not sure if she was hungry or not. She's rarely obviously ravenous so it's hard to tell.

Re. day sleeps she's normally ready for a nap about 1-1.5 hrs after she gets up, but sometimes (most times) naps only last for 1 sleep cycle (~45 mins) and I battle, often unsuccessfully, to get her back to sleep. In total she may have between 3 and 5 hrs of naps during the day in 3 or 4 naps, all of which require some degree of a fight.

It'll be good to know how this compares to what you're all doing.
    Pam

Hi all,

I hope that everyones weeks have been going ok. Reaghan is doing really well, she has finnaly got into a bit of a routine. She is a wonder sleeper now that she is in the hammock and will even go to sleep in the pram on own now. Her routine is awak at about 6:30am feed, play, top up about 1.5-2hr later and back to sleep. wake about 2-3 hrs later. Feed play feed sleep again for about 2hrs as have to pick up other kids. Feed play nap for about 45 min, Feed again. She is in bed by about 6pm each night and sleeps threw till the morn with an occasianol feed around 4-5 but only the odd night now. I'm not sure how I managed this after she was a shocker to start with. She has about 5-6 feed in the day from 630am-530pm.

Cheers.

wow, that's great! Do you feed her to sleep?

hmm....I wonder if I'm putting Annabelle to bed too late. Her best (aka longest) sleep is usually the first for the night. I worry that if I put her to bed any earlier she will be more unsettled in the later part of the night (when I want to be asleep).

Some times she feeds to sleep but mostly now she goes to bed awake (tired state). She only started to be like this when i brought the Amby baby hammock. Before that she was a horror. Would only sleep in boucer being bounced, in swing or in bed with me. She did use to go to bed later but was hard to get to bed and woke often and day sleeps where a shocker. I do believe in good sleep breads more good sleep, both my older kids had early bed times first was at 830 as a baby and second was 730. Reaghan just wont stay up later than about 6pm or she is screaming.

So maybe try putting her to bed earlier and see what happens, if Reaghan goes to bed at 6 and has only had 4-5 feeds in a day I dream fed her just before I go to bed to make sure she is getting enouhg food.

Default late to sleep

Hi All

Etta like Belle has her long sleep first up at night. We put her down between 9 and 10 (depending on when her feed is). She usually stays down for 6 hours - until 3 to 4 and then feeds again at 6 - 7 and I keep her sleepy and she goes down for another 3 hours. So she can be sleeping (including feeds) from 9 until 9. The odd time she'll awake around 12 - 1 for a feed but that is rare.

She's only breastfed and we are feeding every 3 hours. I am looking forward to her dropping the 3-4am feed but guessing that may be a while away yet.

During the day she catnaps with sleeps being a max of an hour long. She's up for about 1.5hours after a feed and I bathe her at 8.30pm ish to stop her sleeping after the 7pm feed - she's then easier to put down for her night sleep. She will sneak in a quick 20mins sometimes before her bath despite my efforts to keep her awake.

Good to be reading everyone's posts ... Etta is growing like a weed. She's 6.2kgs and 68cms already. Loving the gurgles and smiles too!

e
    Last edited by Ells; September 19th, 2008 at 10:15 AM.

Hi all,

I had another good night with Reaghan, she went down at 6pm woke at 530 for a feed and then back to sleep till 820 for a feed and play then feed again at 1010 and is now asleep again. Hoping since the morning sleep is later bye an hour that I might be able to pust this afternoons sleep out to and then the night one to 630 0r 7 will see how things go. Still havn't figured our how I got such a super night sleeper for my third. My second one was still feeding during the night at 15 months but we were cosleeping alot to.

hi girls
    Ells, Etta sounds a lot like Annabelle, and we too are breastfeeding so don't know if we will be able to drop the night feeds anytime soon. It's frustrating because she doesn't even seem that hungry in the night and will often only feed on one side and fall asleep again. She is also quite unsettled after that 3am feed, making lots of noise and squirming around a lot. I think because she doesn't get any wind up.

I wish she could get past one sleep cycle during the day though. She does occasionally, but there is no pattern that I can detect (except when she had her needles and then she had 3 x 2hr sleeps in the day!). I know she's still tired but she won't go back to sleep.

Sweatpea, are you bf or formula? I always make up a bottle of formula at night in the hope of topping Belle up, but she's normally either too tired or not interested.

Hope you all have a good weekend.
    Pam

Hi Pam.

I am BF only not bottle or anything else. I'm not sure how I got such a good sleeper, she feeds in the day about 5 times. In the morning it is every 2 hours she has one 3 hr sleep in the day and 2-3 1hr sleeps to. All I can put it down to is her hammock because before this she was feeding every 2-3hrs morning and night.

hey
    It's great that the hammock has made such a difference for you! Hopefully by the time she grows out of it, the sleep habits will be well engrained. Until then, make the most of it I say! DH is currently battling with Belle to get her to manage a second sleep cycle. She napped on her nan's shoulder this arvo and the bassinette just doesn't cut it anymore LOL.

Pam

thats why i brought the hammock, she would only sleep in my bed, bouncer or swing. Got it of ebay for $117.

Morning everyone

It's been a while since I got on here, so thought I'd pop in and say hi!

All is going great at the moment. Jess & I got back last night from a long weekend with Bondy down in Yeppoon (central Qld!) before we dropped him off at the mine yesterday afternoon. Jess & I did the big drive back by ourselves and got home around 11 last night.

Jess was an absolute ANGEL in the big long (8 hours plus stops) drive down and back again. She slept for almost all of the trip. We stopped around 4 times on the way there & back to feed her, stretch our legs and refresh. She fed well on the journey and then would go straight back to sleep after! Yippee.

While we were away, she slept from 9.30pm - 6.30am with no waking up during the night - Gotta be happy with that!

So, we have found a rental in Emu Park that we move into on the 13th November. It's a new house which will be a treat for us considering we're own a "do up" house in Townsville. It's a 12 month lease and we'll see after that what we want to do. It's only 3 1/2 hours drive to the mine where Bondy is now working so it will be easier for him to get home after his week on!!!

I think that's about it for me now - I'm going to go put our stuff away while Jess is sleeping (something I probably should still be doing!!!).

Hope you're all going well. Talk again soon

Taz

P.S Can't believe Jess is almost 3 months old - where has that time gone??????

Hi all,

Hope you are all keeping well and babies are doing well.

Yesterday we had Lachlan christened. It was such a lovely day and we couldnt have asked for better weather, especially since today it is freezing and has rained all day.
    Lachlan loved all the attention at the church and got spoilt rotten, downside is everyone cuddled him all day so he slept all day except for an hour when at church and for photos.
    So fo course today he has not slept and is expecting me to cuddle him all day, so its been a bit trying.
    We are now getting him used to his cot during the day.
    Taz; I hope Lachlan travels as well as Jess, we are driving from Adelaide to the Gold coast in just over 2 weeks. I am a bit anxious about the trip.

Hi all,

I hope everyone is well and bubs are doing well to.

Reaghan has become a great sleeper not sure how I managed to get a bub that sleeps like her. She sleeps between 10-12hr a night no waking for feeds, last night was longer she was tired at 430 so put her to bed thinking she would wake for a feed but no she didn't wake till 530 this morning then feed and when back to sleep till about 630 when she just layed next to me playing, I got up at 7am changed her feed her and she was tired again so back to bed at 730-840 took the ther kids to school, feed again at 940 and back in bed at 1030 still asleep now.

In the last 24 hours she has had about 18-19 hrs sleep.

Going to get her weighed in the next few days. On the feeding front she is going great guns, she now feed both sides each feed so I think this is one of the reasons she is sleeping through for us. Still in 000 clothes but some starting to get small like the bonds jumpsuits.

Hope to hear form you all soon.

Cheers

Hi all,
    i took Lachlan to the chemist this morning for a weigh in.
    Fully clothed Lachlan now weighs 7.2kgs and is 60.5 cms long, he is average size for a 6 month old.
    I have a boofa baby.
    He is growing at a rate of knots although i must admit Hamish did this as well.
    Lachlan still likes a feed every 3 to 4 hours during the day and can still take up to an hour to feed depending on his mood. No wonder he is so big.
    At the moment he is laying on the loor under his play gym, he is giggling away and trying so hard to talk.

Hope all are well.

Hi all,

Hope everyones week has been good so far.

Reaghan is still having champion sleeps.

I have joined a gym today start monday time to try and shed the baby weight and some more. I have 10 kilos of baby weight to loose plus another 15 intotal to get to where I will be happy. My minnie goal is to break the 90kilo barrier by end of October and to get to 80 by xmas at moment I am 95 kilos.

Going to get Reaghan weighed next week as she will be 12 weeks tommorrow and will be interesting to see how much she has put on since 8 weeks.

Ltjules, Reaghan is in 00 in bonds to and 000 in the rest though have just washed all my 00 so they are ready when I need them.

hi guys

jackson is doing so well. hes growing like a weed and is almost in 00 clothing! I too have washed it all and transferred it into his draws so they are ready to go. Hes already in 00 wondersuits and has been since about 8 weeks...

Cant believe he is almost 3 months old!time has flown by thats for sure.

Quick question - has anyone seen any sight of teeth yet? Jackson is super grizzly and sleepy and the only thing that stops the grizzles is when I rub my finger on his gums.
    Any tips would be fab.

hope all of teh lil tackers are good! and the parents too of course!

case

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast