Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born July 1st - 15th 2008

Hi all,

Hope you all had a good weekend.

I weighed Reaghan on the scales today she is 6.2 kilos and 63cm long.

Hi all

Well Liam is growing so fast. Not sure what his weight is as he has his appointment with the nurse next thursday but I reacon he has to be at least 6.5kg. He is pretty heavy well I think he is. He is talking heaps, giggling, doesnt roll over yet but wont be long. He bounces of the lounge in his bounce a net so much. Its very funny to watch.

Well hope your all well and babies growing big.

Hi Ladies

Wow - it's been FOREVER since I last got on here... have been SOOO busy it's unbelievable.

Well we do the big move to Emu Park this Thursday (13th) so I've been busy packing and cleaning. I have decided that if I ever build a house, we're not having windows - it took me 5 hours to clean them!!!

Jess is going great. She had her needles on Friday so has been running a temperature since then, and her little legs have big red welts on them. But, doctor said there is no question that our little girl is definately NOT underfed! Lol - she weighs 6.8kg and is in the 75th percentile for her height... yeah, not a chance of her being a little bit short like her daddy!

She's now rolling over, laughing and loves telling "stories" to anything that stands still (including the bathroom tiles!). She has gone swimming a couple of times now and is getting used to water. The last few days, she cracks the BIGGEST tanties if I leave her sight which is frustrating when I have to pack and clean... but I put her in her walker (she can only go backwards at the moment!) and we're good to go!!!

Bondy's going well. He is enjoying work and really enjoys his week at home - he notices a lot more of the changes in Jess than I do! He's at work until tomorrow night, so has missed out on helping me out... I'm sure he planned it this way! Lol.

We went to Melbourne last week for a friend's wedding and Jess was an absolute angel - she slept almost the entire flight and only got upset once and that was when another little baby over the aisle from us started to cry.

Oh - she's on solids now too.... wow doesn't that make a mess!??!

Not much else to report. Just thought I'd drop in quickly and say hi since it's been a while. Hope you're all doing really well.

Taz xoxo

P.S Hard to believe Jess was 4 months old yesterday - where has that time gone!?!?!?

Taz i hear you where has the time gone.
    Hope your move all goes smoothly

Lachlan had his needles last week and was very grumpy for several days infact on Friday he didnt sleep at all. I was exhausted, seems like he is back to normal now except for a bit of a cough and runny nose.
    Im going to have to find new things to keep him occupied as rolling is now his great event and he does it constantly, and grabbing everything in sight , he loves his hands. The nurse weighed him in at a whopping 8.2kg at 4 months. When i tell people his age they always say my gosh i thought he was 6 months old.
    He is also in desperate need of a hair cut, he has a shocking comb over my friends have nicknamed him Uncle Arthur

I hope you are all doing well
    Tan

hi all!!!!!

wow its beena while! and gosh havent all the bubs grown up in such a small amount of time! just amazing!

Last week dd bought a nasty cold home from kinder.. so now everyone has it, Tia is ahead of everyone and alyssa seems to be doing better than hubby and I (must be the boobie milk..)

Alyssa has 2 teeth that are deffinately thru. The bottom front middle ones.. and the top ones are not far behind.. she has been teething now for 3 weeks.. I cannot believe it! I know i said from the begining that i wanted to breastfeed past the teething this time around, but i hardly expected to face the challenge 3 months early!!! i had one terror night in tears, fearful of another bite.. so much pain! All coz the milk doesnt come quick enough for her! humph! Weve started her on a wee bit of rice cereal, but she still has that tongue rejection reflex thing and so if not all of it comes out.. lol.. she does enjoy biting the soft rubber spoon tho! So Alyssa is bonjella'd to the max, dribbling like no tomorrow (even spiting bubbles out.. lol) She knows how to kick her legs to get her bouncer bouncing, too cute!
    we all went out to dinner with friends and she slept thru the whole time, a miracle! Will have to go out for dinner more often i think
    Alyssa slept thru one night from 8pm to 5pm, which was lovely.. unfortunately hasnt happened since.. lol.

Our 9month old kitten Nori ran away during a storm awhile back and so last week i fell in love with these little fluff balls at the pet shop and came home a week later with 2 kittens! So now we have Anna and Asha tiny little 9.5 week old kittens..and im thinking im crazy 4 wanting more babies in the house.. lol

Hi All,

Bella is now 8kgs neat. I have lost 5kgs and I have digital scales, so I weighed her myself yesterday for giggles....and now I wish I hadn't.

How did they all get so big so quickly!

I am working crazy hours and Darren has had nightshift and thanks to the airforce he is being sent away for a week which is really traumatic as I now need to find and hire a babysitter who can do all nighters during the week. Luckily I have already had 4 responses to an add that I put on Gumtree and I should be fine.

Porsha and Bella are very much in love, which is nice. I was worried that the "new baby" excitement would have worn off, but Porsha is a great big sister and has taken to Bella well.

Hmm, not much to report really. Just amazed that 4 months have passed.
    Bella will get her needles on Wednesday afternoon I think..... will have to try to fit them in!

Wow - it's been quiet on here lately huh? Guess that means everyone is super busy!!!

All going well this end. Jess is still a pretty good baby most of the time. Though, she can throw the BIGGEST tanties ever.... it seriously sounds like a banshee - people must think I'm killing her or something the way she carries on!!!

At the moment she's in her walker, and sucking on the steering wheel on it so that's alright - better than the scream she did while we were in the park with the dogs! For some reason, she has decided she doesn't like going for a walk (but will scream blue murder if the sun shines in her face!!!)

Bondy's gone back to work for another week. He gets back next Monday - my 31st and Jess's 5 month birthday - as well as Jessie's careparents who are going to be staying with us for a couple of days on their way down to Toowoomba. Can't wait to see them again - it's been a while!

I've joined a gym and so far that's going alright. There's a free creche there so I don't have to worry about Jess - she's right next door. I must say though, that you find some muscles you forgot about when you start doing weights etc again! Lol.

The first class I did was last Wednesday and it was pump. Bondy was there with me and by the end of it I told him Jess needs to start walking NOW as I was sooooo sore I couldn't imagine picking her up!

She's on more and more solid food every day. Apple & Mango fruit is her favourite for the morning, and meat & veg for dinner... though she LOVES the parsnip, carrot & sweet potato!

Gotta head off - she's started to crack it again.

Hope you're all going well.

Taz xo

hi every1! hope all is well!!!
    good on u Taz for getting into the gym!
    Im still breast feeding Alyssa, biting is not happening as often (altho she has the most amount of teething toys/rings etc ive ever seen for 1 bub) I have to watch her as she is getting around rolling everywhere! right now she is chewing on photo frames?! what the.. hang on.. she constantly has something in her mouth, hand, blanket, socks, dummy, chew toy, sleeve etc.. She loves watching the kittens when they are nearby and ive come in to find one of the kittens sleeping in her cot(up the other end) Alyssa has her 4 month needles 2day, a bit late again. The kittens have their needles today as well..
    Tia has started churcking screaming tantrums.. and will tie a long sleeve top around her neck so she has a bib! Her kinder finishes up soon, she loves her school uniform and wanted to show everyone at her daddies work. lol.
    Alyssa im pretty sure is constipated! she hates rice cereal but is loving carrot! surely even on solids babies have runny poo? these things ive forgotten!! x.x
    anyways gotta be off..

Hi all

Well Lachlan is rolling well and somehow manages to manouver around the floor backwards. He can roll back but has decieded that rolling onto his belly and then crying till someone comes and rolls him back is much more fun.

He to is shoving anything and everything into his mouth including his brother and sister.and is the king of drool at the moment.

Lachlan is also loving his food, still breastfeeding well but is also enjoying his solids, he loves the raffertys weird combinations of apple with vegies.
    He absoultely loves his jolly jumper and goes nuts in it, it gives me time to get something done as he is very demanding at the moment with his rolling and then crying constantly. He doesnt like to sleep during the day either maybe an hour in the morning. At least he is sleeping at night, goes down at 8:30 and is up at 6:30am.

He is in to anything with in arms reach too.

Take care all

Default Almost 6 months

Hey All,

I hope that everyone had a lovely Christmas with their new additions.

Bella definately got spoilt rotten by the entire family this being her first Christmas, so I am now thinking that we need a bigger house to accommodate her growing number of toys, clothes, furniture etc.

At work again today and I was just pondering the fact that my little bundle is almost 6 months old. She is rolling from back to front and front to back but is not a fan of tummy time. We find that she will wriggle into all sorts of interesting places, but there is no sign of crawling happening in the near future.

At more than 70 cms in length, she no longer looks little and has worked out how to take up more than a third of our bed space by sprawling her limbs into areas which were once comfortable to sleep on.

Solids are something that have been introduced, but we are finding that Bella is far from starving, and she is quite happy with bottles. Funnily enough, breastfeeding when out the window when I started working on site 4 shifts per week. Wish that it was not the case, however I just could not keep up my supply.

Anyway, hope that everyone is well and looking forward to 2009 as much as they did 2008!

no doubt bella will start enjoying being on her tummy more and crawling soon!

We all had a good christmas. Had my MIL FIL and BIL down from townsville staying with us.. LOL! i think they were in shock at just how nice it was down here. We had a lovely roast dinner with the oven on all afternoon and night (cooking my pudding & potatoes) we used our kettle bbq we got 4 chrissy for the meats... no aircon going.. it was a lovely 21 deg day or so down here.. bit of a shock for them! Im still cleaning up from christmas, ARGH! what a job!!!

Our latest news is that Im pregnant again! 8 weeks yesterday.. big shock 4 us. praying its a boy this time! Morning sickness.. can't believe im going thru it all again so soon!! (am i nuts? lol)

Alyssa is constantly rolling and turning around on her tummy. She dislikes being on her back, even so that now in the pram still with bassinette attachment she is "pram surfing" (rolling onto her tummy & having a look out) LOL! She is into holding, pulling and scratching anything that makes a noise the kittens included. Ive seen her a few times with her bum up and her knees underneath her but her head & arms are down.. i have never seen a baby get around as much as she does!! Yesterday she had about 3 bottles.. and a massive massive vomit that she rolled around in covering her top & hair.. lol.. hubby is a sympathy vomiter so it wasn't a good idea that he went to investigate why she wasnt sleeping that time.. LOL!

Im trying to keep my supply up and trying to keep feeding her.. working on drinking a ton of water and alyssa is feeding every 2.5hrs until night.. i dont have any problems with the night feeds.. i just wish she would sleep during the day for longer than a hour! She has 1 bottle of formula before bed and is awesome at holding the bottle by herself i just wish she wouldnt stretch my boob like she is holding a bottle (strangely only on the left side?!!)

We tried solids awhile back being rice cereal but she hated it.. went onto carrot & bananna and she loved it but got very constipated so i took her off it.. and will wait till she is 6months and try again... i do give her the odd teething rusk just so her toes, thumbs and toys get a rest from her teeth!! She has stopped biting my nipples, which is awesome! ^^

Hope everyone had a safe christmas!

We have rather quiet plans for NYE, another guest staying for a month or more, thankfully just a friend who needs a change.. Hubby still has few more days left of holidays due to kenworth trucks being shut down during this time (he works at a domed sticker place that mostly supplies kenworth)
    So its nice to have him around! ^^

Wishing everyone a safe and happy New year! All the best for 2009!!!

OMG Dust , congratultions on your pregnancy.
    I would love another one but Dh isnt so keen , although i must admit at the moment these three have me on my toes.

We had a great christmas and Lachlan got spoilt rotten , but so did the other kids, we seriously need to extend the house to fit all their stuff in.
    Lachlan is still growing well and is a big boy weighing in around 9kgs. He is size 0 and some size 1.
    He has now decided to start rolling around rather then rolling on to his tummy and crying. Yesterday he spotted a toy on the floor so rolled over to it. He is sitting up now too. My gosh he is growing up so fast. Lachlan loves the cat and dog and will watch them for ages. We have no teeth yet although they are all sitting just under the surface. He is loving his solids and will try and grab what your eating, he also thinks cups are cool he repeatdly grabbed my glass , so now he has his own sippy cup which he has water from. He is still breastfeeding and i doubt he will give up in a hurry, he loves the boob. Lachlan still fights sleeping during the day, which is becoming frustrating as he is tired and will just whinge all day until we force him to sleep. (lol that didnt sound good). This is normally dragging the pram in and rocking him in it which i am doing right now.

Hope u all had a wonderful christmas and a happy and safe new year.

Tanxx

Just a quick note to take my leave. I won't be returning to BB forums. It appears that someone on the forum has passed on some of my private information to my husband's family so I don't feel comfortable posting here anymore. The moderators have been very helpful and kindly removed all of my posts for me.
    I just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who has been sharing our 'trip' over the last year and offered so much support and advice.
    I wish you all the best with your families and your beautiful children.
    Jules

Hey

My name is Clare and i have a 8 month DD Ellah.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678