Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #11

Yeah they did a thing on today tongiht, about how brisbane shire doesnt treat their water, they want the Fed gov to pay for it, and everyone else pays for their own,.... Politics EWW. :eek:

Rianna has never liked cows milk, so drinks it very rarely ( was bf til 18 mths) Her paed said as long as she had 3 serves of dairy a day it was fine, so always has milk on her cereal, cheese and yogurt to make up the quota.
    Some kids I know are raised entirely on jar food, and come out Ok, so I say just go with the flow, because like most Phases it wont last forever, just offer "real" food first, and when that is rejected give her the other stuff, so you know when the phase is passing..

I say look at the big picture, "will she be eating baby food from a jar in high school?" Nah dont think so. That is how I am dealing with the frustrations of Toilet Training, I know one day she will get the hang of it, and nobody wears nappies forever, so if its not today, big deal KWIM???

Thats a good attitude to have Vanita. I agree its difficult to accept things as they are sometimes, but there is comfort knowing that everything changes - its nature!

So..yeah, don't worry about the jar food..just keep offering the home cooked version too.
    Al sounds a bit like Dion, in that he could eat everything in the fridge. Even porridge for brekky, which he turned his nose up at a month ago, is absolutely fine now. We just have to keep offering it I guess.
    Al loves to pick at his food, and throw on the ground the bits he doesn't feel like! So mealtimes are a big mess here. Favourites are peas, meatballs, grapes (cut in half).

Problem with Al and leaving a cup of water for him, is he likes to turn it upside down and see the water drip out of the spout. So we end up with small puddles here and there.

..back to study..its nearly over girls...DH and I are going to see a mindless american film after my exam tonight (probably Xmen), can't wait.

Dion likes to take everything out of his mouth, look at it, then put it back in ( maybe Im feeding him poison?? LOL)
    Have a great exam, and enjoy the movie!!!

Tried to post this earlier but had no luck. Fortunately I could copy and save it....

Before I post it, i gotta say [email protected] u Vanita "feeding Dion poison"

Hi all,

Busy week with school holidays, visitors and outings although we still try to be 'somewhere' for Blake to sleep as he still wont and probably never will sleep in the pram.

Vanita, you'll be pleased to know we went for a family bike ride on Saturday with Blake on the back of John's bike. We had so much fun and it made me think of you and your clan. Can't wait for the warmer weather so we can do it some more, although with these fine days I can't complain too much. BTW great list of activities.. sounds like the sort of things we do. Blake is so into knocking over towers at the moment. It's a big time waster at our house! Sorry to hear you've got sickies again too. Hope they get better. How's the toilet training going or is that off the cards due to illness?

Bel, Blake has been a bit clingy and whingy however with the teeth and disturbed nights I'm not surprised. He does get a bit bored too. I'm just glad it's his birthday next week and we'll no doubt get some new toys to entertain him. I'm also thinking of joining the local toy library so we can get a whole range of toys without having to store them here permanently. Anyone else a member?

Deb, good luck for your last bit of study. You've done so well, you should be proud of yourself. We're so proud of you and what you've achieved.

Hay, I'd love to bring the family down to the farm sometime. I think it would be great fun - that's city folk for you, getting excited by your everyday living huh? I'll talk to DH and see what he thinks, although I don't imagine it would be for a couple of months with Paris and birthday's coming up we've got a full dance card for the time being.

Gemma, congratulations on your new promotion. You go girlfriend! Congrats also on Amy walking (can't remember if I mentioned it early.) I bet it's so cute with her waddling around the place. Blake loves to cruise around furniture and push his trolley around the house. I don't think he believes his balance is good enough yet as he's not willing to stand much by himself, nor will he let go of one piece of furniture until he's holding another. I'm sure it will come soon enough.

Brooke, how's the packing/moving going? I hope it's all going well for you and Maya isn't unsettled by it all too much. How's nanna?

Kate, how are you doing sweetheart? How's beautiful Kelsey and your baby bump? Moving like crazy both of them in their own ways I'm sure.

Not much news from here. Blake's nearly onto cows milk completely. I've probably got about 5 scoops of formula in the tin left so he's been having one scoop/60mls per bottle today and was having 2 scoops/120mls yesterday topped up with cows milk. He's had no problems so in a day or two he'll be solely on cows milk. It's makign me a bit sad as it means he's growing up. Mind you so does the fact that it's his birthday next Friday. But all the little things they give up and grow out of along the way make me a little bit wistful. *sigh*

Bel, I hope Coby gets over his cold. Do you think it's be exaserbated by the MMR immunisation or as a result of it, or is it just a cold he's acquired?

Best go. I've got my godson here today too and the kids are on the PS2. I can't exactly tell them to get off (not that they've been on too long) if I'm busy typing away on BB!

Happy days everyone!

Hayseed - Thanks for the info on milking, much appreciated. We would love to come and visit sometime too.

Bel - I hope Coby is feeling better. What a clever boy at him swimming lessons, they really sound great. We have held off with Amy but will be taking her very soon.

Vanita - Poor little Dion, I hope he is feeling better too. Thanks for the congrats on the promotion and the advice about the water. We have cut Amy's bottles down to 3 x 150ml (she was on 3 x 180ml not 210ml like I said previously).

Deb - Good luck for your test! I'm sure you will do well. Toothpaste? I have also heard that it's best not to give them toothpaste until they are two. But I think you mentioned no flouride in your water so that would be why.

Hi Kate, hope you and Kelse are well.

Fingers crossed for a BFP this month, very sore BB's and I had a tiny amount of spotting on CD25. Today is CD27 and no more spotting since the other day so I hope it is implantation bleeding. It happened on CD26 with Amy. Might test tomorrow. Taking Amy to see Raggs tomorrow because she loves dancing to Raggs in the mornings.

Have a great day all.

Gemma fingers crossed for a BFP for you!!!!!!

Kate, thankyou, yesterday we only had one accident with the TT so hopefully its clicking. Ididnt find Dion any more active, though Rianna was fairly quiet out of them all, but the twins were constant, Dion made me the sickest LOL. IKWYM with lazy, everyone jokes Dion is like a bird, he just opens his mouth and waits for the food to drop in

Rachel, hiya. WTG for the family bike ride everyone loves them here!! A free activity that keeps everyone amused YEAH [email protected]!! She seems happy to continue the TT so we're still on the path, she only had one oopsie yest, so maybe she's on her way (sooo overdue)

Well getting the girls eyes tested today ( just coz theyve never had it done ) So thats the big activity of the day. The weather looks nice though, so might try and do a walk or a ride!
    Have a good day y'all

Well my brain isn't working today. I missed a page here and someone asked me before when I had Amy and I couldn't remember if it was this year or last year.

I will try again....

Brooke - Thanks for the comment on MMR, it is so topical ATM and no-one wants to give their baby anything that may harm them. Re the Jar food. Maybe you could hide some vegies or meat in the jar? There are thousands, or millions of babies being fed only jar food and they are fine. It is just food with a few preservatives in it. We are fortunate that Amy eats home cooked stuff and gets jars when we are out. We have only bought Heinz Organic foods for Amy.

Rachel - What fun going for a bike ride with Blake! Knox bike tracks are the best in Victoria. The Knox toy library is supposed to be really good. I think it is $50 a year for unlimited borrowing. Hope Blake is feeling better.

Kate - Maybe you are having a boy? Finding it hard to remember what it felt like having a kicking baby in my tummy. Hope you are all feeling better soon.

Vanita - Great job with the TT! When do you sleep?

Hi Hay, Bel & Deb

We could have a BB meet up at Hayseeds, if she doesn't mind. It is a big drive so we would have to stay somewhere. How good would it look with the BB Babies in a photo with the cows! We stayed in Otways Cottages last Nov and they were really good. They even allowed dogs in the cabins which suited us with our three kelpies.

Kate the toddler milk is for those tough times to come, when no matter what you offer your child they hardly eat, and what they will eat is not super nutritous. Rianna doesnt ( and has never ) drank milk so when you offer a full diet and she chooses not to eat ( today has had 1 quarter a piece of toast with vegemite, 2 spoonfuls of cereal, and for lunch, hmm 3 little squares of cheese. there is her apple sitting there with 2 bites out of it, the mandarin with one section eaten, her chicken sandwich which is not touched, and that so far is Rianna's intake for the day, ( UGH VERRRY FRUSTRATING) IF she drank any of these I would probably offer her a toddler drink today ( we have tried every brand with no luck) Some days she eats well, but others are like today. Since she wont, she'll be getting some multivitamens tonight, if she doesnt eat any better this arvo.

Hi girls,

Vanita, Gemma, Kate, Rachel....everyone...you are MOST welcome to come and visit. For both Vanita and Gemma, once you get on the Monash/West Gate/Princes Hwy, you don't turn at all until you turn left into our front gate. We are on the Princes Hwy. VERY easy to get to. Just PM or email me and let me know when you are thinking of coming. We're pretty much always around. For those that are thinking that they might come soon, FYI we are calving atm, so there are plenty of calves around the place. Vanita and Gemma, I have family in Beaconsfield and from their place, it is about a 3hr drive (more if you get stuck in traffic in Geelong or on Monash ). And Vanita, Chris and my DH would have plenty in common what with being in the CFA and all that!

We went to the Mattel outlet yesterday (thanks to RayRay for the ticket and to Kate for thinking of me!). It was quite good. I guess you take your chances as to what is there - I'm not sure what the stock is (over supply, odd lots, discontinued stock??????), but there is certainly not the whole Mattel range on offer. Yesterday there was a lot of stuff for little girl toddlers, older boys (+3yrs), and little newborns, but not a heap for boys of our aged bubs. Nonetheless, I still managed to spend money and I reckon I got about $300+ worth of stuff for $140. I still had to go home via KMart and get his big toys for his birthday (Fisher Price Baby Grand Piano!!! god help me....), and I spent about $200 in there and got less than half the stuff I got at Mattel. Sigh.....

But it was good and I'd definately go again if given the chance.

We would really love to come Hay. Is there anytime in the next two weeks that is either convenient/ inconvenient??
    I have never actually used the toddler milks, tried them with Rianna, but she never drank any, and no one else has needed them.

I would love a ticket too, if and when you hear of any Kate. We should set up our own BB outing!!! LOL

Hi everyone,

Quickly on the exam - all done and I got some good results, which was a pleasant surprise.

Thank you to all of you for being so encouraging, I felt like a had a team of supporters here on BB - and you are all so special. I would love to give you a bunnch of flowers or choccies but all I could find was this confetti. So all over your computers! muah

Kate - Al isn't using a spoon yet, but he eats with his fingers and I feed him any food that need to be fed with a spoon.

I made a bottle this morning with half milk half formula. So we're on the road to proper milk now.

Well done Deb ( you did have a cheer squad here) CONGRATS You have had to work hard, and now you have achieved it!!! WTG!!!!

belmarks Guest

just a quick selfish post on my part.

We are all well here, Coby's teeth have finally broken through, they are the top teeth next to the front ones, they both came through at the same time. But of course there are more coming....

Deb, congratulations on the exam results!!

About the toddler milk, my GP said its completely unnecessary, just another gimick from the formula companies to make more money, full fat milk is what they should be having....

Woo hoo Coby! Great to see those teeth come through.

Kate - I wanted to mention that Al was a kicker when he was in the belly. I had a strong feeling I was carrying a boy from very early - I can honestly say at 4 weeks I had visualied him, even though he was just a embryo. Weird huh. Do u have an inkling?

Have any of your kids become attached to a comfort item?

Al has slept with a teddy since he was very small, and I am convinced it has helped him to settle to sleep over time. Now he is beginning to go and get it from the cot when he wants a cuddle..so its working for him.

Only read on if you want to hear about Al's life! Sorry for the selfish post.

We went to a baby music class today, its called Baby Bongo. It was fantastic! There was only about 6 kids and the teacher sang songs and played piano or different instruments and the kids had a different instrument or activity for each song. It was so wonderful. We hope to make it a regular weekly thing.

Also Al's swimming is going well. We take him, so he's not in a class. But he can float on his own with his bubble and floaties on - he kicks and dog paddles! We put his head under now and then which he's ok about too.
    sorry thats it I'll shut up now .

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast