Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #11

belmarks Guest

Glad you had a better day today Vanita, my day however, was ORDINARY. Coby is being a right little $h!t. I don't know whether its teeth, or just him exhurting (sp?) his authority (or what he thinks is his authority) hes just horrible at the moment and I don't know how to handle him anymore. He is throwing tantrums constantly and he is really trying my patience, any suggestions? How does everyone else deal with tantrums? I've tried ignoring, but that doesn't work, I've tried soothing, that doesn't work, I've tried chastising him, that doesn't work....Im at my wits end!

Sorry for the whinge girls, but i really need some help...

PS-Kate I got that stuff you sent, you are a love, thank you so much for that!!

Bel at this age the best technique to destroy tantrums is distraction. take him somewhere different like outside as soon as he starts. If Dion is being a right old grumpy guts, sometimes we have a shower, or bath,put on some music, start tickling, chase him,

That's what I do too when Pup is being a right PITA!! Distraction.!!!

HELLO MY GIRLS, HOW i HAVE MISSED YOU!!

Well after moving into our new house we have been without the internet for so long but im back!!!!! Thank you guys so much for remembering Hendy's birthday it made we a little teary.

Ill try and catch up but there has just been so much going on that i may just go from here.

Deb - Did i see right? You got a BFP??

Happy birthday to Coby and Princess Maya

Well we had his party on Sunday and what a spoilt boy. We moved into our new bigger house and now it seems small again with all his toys everywhere. He is sleeping like a trooper again after about 2 months of not sleeping well at all and sending me and mike a little bonkers. He is just becoming such a sweet little boy(god how biased am i??). He says quite a few words (mum, dad, ta, bye bye, moo (he loves cows), up, blows kisses to us, and smothers us with open mouthed baby kisses). He is on just milk now and only has a bottle at night for the rest he has a cup. He is eating everything and anything but isnt chubby. He is crusing and walking with his push along toys but doesnt look like he'll be walking on his own any time soon.

Love to you all.
    xx

belmarks Guest

Heather - long time no hear, glad to have you back! Glad to hear how things are going with you and Hendy, make sure you keep us up to date!!

Kate, I too have a "Coby" album, with photos from the ultrasounds till now, I've got some updating to do, so many photos so little time, but I'll get there eventually. I know when I was a kid I loved to look at my photos of when I was a baby, there weren't many, but I liked to see what I was like, so hopefully Coby will get a kick out of it too, as will Kelse!!

Hay - PITA?? not sure what this means....

Thanks to all for their advice on the tantrums. We had a wonderful day today, just hanging around at home, cleaning and Coby was "helping" and we enjoyed each other, he seemed to want to do his own thing today, not like other days where he gets bored very quickly. So I hope that he's finally starting to realise that he can do things on his own, and enjoy his own company.

Coby is getting gamer and gamer at letting go of things and walking between open spaces of furniture, I get so nervous, but I guess he's gotta learn by falling where his limits are...

Bel LOL, PITA is Pain In The A*@, glad you had a better day with Coby.

Heather great to see you. Hendy will walk when he's ready ( the average age is around 14-16 months I think)

Brooke, you should be nearly back???

Dion has an album, but I scrapbook, and TBH have not done much scrapping this year, just dont feel like it ATM so is only partially done ( nedd to try keep up with the girls albums too)

Yep, Vanita got it right about PITA!!

Heather, glad to see you back. Missed you.

Kate, I still sometimes forget to put the side up on the cot and Pup has been standing up in it for at least 1.5 months now! I especially forget to do it if I put him in the cot and he is asleep. Very rarely forget to put side up if he goes in awake - cuase he normally stands straight up again!!!

Hi girls,

Kate – 24 weeks, wow how time flies! I replied to the Melb meet up thread, sounds like it will be a good day. Wow, you really did have a good cleaning session. I must read up on your birthday games thread.

Hay – Thanks for the invite! We will definitely take you up on the offer. Pup will be excite when he gets his new toys! Great idea about a BB Mattel day for charity, the spots

Deb – Congraulations on your BFP!!!!!! Congratulations on your great results from your exams. Is the baby singing classes in Danish or English? Sounds really great. Amy doesn’t have a comfort toy although she loves playing with Cookie monster in the car.

Vanita – Thanks for the advice re the toddler milk. DH said there was lots of advertising on TV ATM. We picked up some samples at the Baby Expo which may come in handy. I hope Dion is feeling better and everything is going okay.

Rachel – Yay for Blake taking walking !!! and drinking from a straw!

Brooke – Hope the moving went well.

Hi Heather, happy birthday to Hendy!!

Bel – Hugs to you…glad Coby is better for you now. It must have been those teeth?

Well I have been MIA again for the last week. So busy at work again and we have been organising Amy’s party for the 8th. DH is making the best cake and it has cost us over $250 for the things to make it and that doesn’t even include the cake!! We also spent $90 on cake books trying to find the right one. AF arrived last Sat, time to start getting serious and charting as I haven't bothered since we were trying for Amy. Amy is now saying ‘mmmmmmmmmm’ when I ask her what the cow says. She also pointed to a baby when we went out to dinner and said ‘baby’, weird but true. She says lots of words and is walking much more now.

Huge apologies for brief personals, work will let up soon and I will be able so spend lots of time on BB like I used to.

When you say you spent $250 for the cake but not including the cake, what did you buy??? And yeah, the price of cook books per se can really add up. $90 is probably about 4 books. Don't worry,.....you'll use them over the years!!!

my big kids are of the age, they spend a year pouring over the books trying to decide which cake they each want ( and change their minds 50 times til the day!! LOL) Cake books never go astray, though some are so difficult you wish they would go astray LOL

Hi all.

Very busy 4 days while the kids have been celebrating their birthdays. One more party to go - playgroup on Wednesday. Really tired. Will have to post more tomorrow once school is back and life gets more normal.

Kate, I so hear what you mean about not wanting to sit anymore. Blake barely crawls now, sometimes walks between furniture, sometimes just walks around holding onto it or the walls. He LOVE walking too.

Will add more tomorrow. Night for now.

Rachel, Belated Happy Birthday to Blake & Vic, hope they had great birthdays!

Hay, we bought cake tins, sculpting tools, made up fondant icing, letters and other stencils, candle, sugar glue and lots of other stuff that I cannot remember. DH has almost finished the cake and it looks fantastic! He is so clever.

I have decided to make all of the food and cooked lots of sausage rolls yesterday. Kate, thanks for mentioning choc crackles, I almost forgot those!

Brooke - I'm glad your move went well, welcome back! I hope Maya's party was a huge success and she is feeling well.

Amy is running when we play chasy now instead of crawling, although she does fall a lot. Have a good day everyone!

belmarks Guest

Hi girls, just a quickie from us.

Hi Brooke, glad to have you back, how was Maya's party? Hope you get settled soon. Molars! I am sure Coby is getting a couple as I type, he's been very feral lately and chewing and chewing on EVERYTHING.

Hi Hay/Deb/Gemma/Heather/Rach and anyone else I missed...

Kate NOOOO you don't want to go early, Coby was only 4 and a bit weeks early and look at all the probs I've had with him!! But I guess if its a big 'un, then it might be fully developed etc a lot earlier IYKWIM....

Had swimming today, not sure I'll be going back - just not sure about the teacher, she's a bit "boisterous" and you can tell she doesn't really like the babies. They usually take the babies under the water and turn them to get to the side, while holding onto them. Well today she let go of Coby and he was sinking fast, little legs kicking for dear life and when she finally brought him up, he was gasping for air, had taken a heap in and was choking, then vomited (only a little bit of mucus) and was bawling. I was so annoyed - he was TERRIFIED! To me, that's not the way to teach a child to swim, it only instills a fear of water and drowning in them! Same thing happened to me when mum took me to swimming classes as a tot, throw 'em in and see if they sink or swim, consequently mum never took me back, I learnt to swim all on my own....

That doesn't sound right to me Bel. I would consider going elsewhere. I agree, it could instill a fear of water rather than the opposite which is what you are trying to do.

Kate, sounds good about the Mattel thing. I guess we've got a little bit of time up our selves, but yeah, let's do it!! And then we can have a mini BB meet up too!!!!

Ummmm

Oh, a VERY belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Blake. So sorry I missed it (haven't been on for a couple of days)

Gemma, god, we've GOT to see this cake. Put a photo up somewhere so we can ooh and ahh over it!!!

I have decided to do a Blue's Clues cake for Pup. It's really the only thing that is his favourite at the moment. He doesn't even have a fav toy, blanket or anything....

Brooke, glad the move went well. It's amazing at the stuff you cart around hey?? I've been here for 6 years and I reckon I've still got boxes somewhere that haven't been unpacked. I should just throw them out.

Well, Pup had he 12 month immunisation today. he's fine. Cried when he had the needles, but ok now. We've got his party on Sunday, so a big week coming up for us. We have his actual birthday on Thursday and having a lunch with the grandparents and we also have a MCHN visit for 12 month weigh and bits and bobs. Then on Friday I have the mum's group at our house and will have a little party for him again and then family coming Friday nght to stay for the weekend and then the party on Sunday. Phew! At least we've got lots of helping hands....... We'll be singing "Happy Birthday" a few times, so hopefully by Sunday, the singing and the candles won't be a foreign thing to him and we get lots of smiles instead of tears!!!

I finally got a +ve OPK the other day so we BDd over the weekend.....seems like the only time we have sex is when I'm "on". Anyway, I hope it's all worked. Will know soon enough I guess. Fingers crossed for me pleeeeeeease girls.

Hi girls, we're back from a long long weekend! It was quite a good festival, we just did the one thank god.

I have some news. To my surprise AF arrived on saturday! I thought I was getting some for sure thing signs I was pregnant, you know that 2WW can drive you a bit mental. And getting the 2 lines on the test last week...
    So when I got home I took a look at the test and confirmed a horrible reality.....
    I had used the OPK test instead of the HPT test!!! they look the same, and its all in another language, I must have grabbed the wrong box! You girls will think I am a complete idiot! My DH thinks I'm a twit. Of course everytime I do the OPK test I get 2 lines, according to that test I am permanently ovulating. Oohhhhhh...I'm sorry to announce so early and to be wrong. I will try and hold off until I check and double check next time girls. Thanks for all your enthusiasm and good wishes, that was really really nice and I feel pretty sad to break the news that I am actually not pregnant at all.

So baby dust to you Hayseed, I hope this month is yours.

Happy Birthday Blake! the Big 1 woohoo

Bel that swimming teacher sounds horrendous. I would have been terrified too. Poor little Coby. Why don't you just take him yourself, instead of a class? We do that and Al loves it. He has a bubble and floaties on and he does a few 'tricks' and the rest then is water play.

Hi Heather!! Yay, good to hear that your little man is doing so well. What a clever boy with all those words.

Hi Kate - sorry I can't be joining you with the pregnancy just yet. We hope to soon though! Having a week thinking I was pregnant made me admire how well you're doing. It is just such a special state to be in, carrying another little life around. And caring for Kelsey too, you're a champion. It sounds like you have a healthy little one in there.

Hi Gemma - great that your DH had made the cake. Can he do ours too?

Hi Vanita! and anyone else I missed.

Al has received some presents from Oz already. Some cute books and clothes, as well as some necessary supplies (vegemite, bonjela and paw paw ointment) so he has started his celebrations already.
    DH is in Beirut for work for the week (journalist assignment this time) and will be back on monday for Al's birthday. So we will just do a picnic in the park together, no huge parties here as family are so scattered, so its quite easy. I will make a cake for him though, but just a traditional layer cake shaped like a 1...not too difficult..hehe
    In a few weeks we will have another party with all the kids from our mother's group.

Better go and stick my head under a rock..love to you all

Oops, forgot to mention Al's page is updated if you're interested.
    Last edited by Trillian; July 5th, 2006 at 10:09 AM. Reason: two posts in a row

Thanks Kate, you sweetee. Lucky your DH agreed with me, or else!

Oh Deb. whilst it is sad that your pg was not actually true (IYKWIM...sounds bad when I say it like that!), I sort of had a little smile when you said you used the OPK instead of the HPT. I hope that next time it is the real deal for you!

belmarks Guest

oh no Deb, you poor love, I bet you were so excited too - I was excited!! What's the go with those tests? They sound a bit dodgey to me!

On that front, this is probably the wrong place to be asking this, but I have a maybe baby and some OPK's and the maybe baby is "ferning" but the OPK's are negative, what's the go there? Anyone had this experience? Which should I trust?

Thanks to all for the support about that stupid swimming teacher. Deb, I was thinking about taking Coby on our own too, DH's mother is a swimming teacher, perhaps I could just get some tips from her and take him myself when DH can come too....

Hay - how did you go with "you know"? Hope you catch that egg!!

Kate, good luck making that decision, its one that I wouldn't like to be making!! Did you have a CS first time? I had an emergency CS and it wasn't that bad, I'd do it again if I ever get pg again.....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast