Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in July 2005 #12

Default Babies Born in July 2005 #12

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in July 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    Sherie [email protected]
    Lea13 [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

July '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ________

Forum Name: beckles
    State: vic
    Baby's DOB: 1st July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3.8kg, 51.5cm, 37cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby's Name: Oscar
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: emergency c/section brow presentation & posterier
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: cazoraz
    State: Langwarrin, VIC
    Baby's DOB: 1st July 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Coleman Philip (Cole for short)
    Baby's Website: www.babysites.com/sites/cazoraz
    Health Concerns:torticollis in the neck
    Notes: born on his due date!

Forum Name: Mama Mel
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 4th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3700g Length - 54cms Head Circ - 35cms
    Baby's Name: Ryan
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/ourlilboy
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Born on due date! Water birth with gas

Forum Name: Gemma
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 4th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3130g (6lb 14oz) - Length 49cm- Head Circ - 33.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Amy Jade
    Baby's Website: http://www.comcen.com.au/~winston/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Emergency c-sect after 24
    hrs labour and only 3cm dialated. Cord around Amy's neck twice.

Forum Name: Hayseed
    State: Country Vic
    Baby's DOB: 6th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3100gm (6lb 13oz), Length - 48m, Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Thomas Mark Simpson
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/p/pup7
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: was a caesarean birth because of breech presentation and also mild pre-eclampsia. Born 10 days before EDD.

Forum Name: Kate
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 9th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4400g, Length - 56cm, Head Circ - 36cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Kelsey Shayne
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/ourone/
    Health Concerns: Reflux.
    Notes:

Forum Name: sunbeam koala
    State: Denmark (overseas)
    Baby's DOB: 10th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3500kg Length - 52cm Head Circ -
    Baby's Name: Alexander Rohan
    Baby's Website: www.mikaidt.dk/2005/birth
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: Mumofbundlezofjoy
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 19th July 2005
    Stats: 4625gms, 52.5cm, 36cm head circumfrence
    Baby's Name: Dion Michael
    Health concerns: a little bit of jaundice
    Notes: Born at 39weeks 4 days, natural delivery

Forum Name: Fletch
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 30th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lbs 8 oz or 3.4kgs Length - 51.5cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Zane Scott
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/little%5Ffletch/
    Health Concerns: None.
    Notes: Very healthy bub, sleeps through the night and is formula fed
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread HERE

Big catch up postÖ..

Hayseed Ė I can imagine how much fun Pup would have had on the tractor, he is going to have a great time with mummy & daddy on the farm when he gets older! How would have he slid out of the cot? He could have gone over the rail and not got hurt. Iím not sure if I said happy birthday so Happy Birthday Thomas!! Hope you enjoyed your presents! I wouldnít worry about the stuff around your house. Vanita is right, everyone has it somewhere and it is usually hidden like my house. What a great effort for the party, IKWYM about the presents too. Will take a look at your website. Do take care with migraines. It must have been horrible for you to be that bad and have Pup to look after. Do you know what causes it? My DH gets them and we suspect it is some type of food intolerance which we will be looking into. Bummer about AF.

Bel Ė WTG Coby!!! What a clever boy and in the bath too for the first time, that is impressive! I was happy to hear you have found somewhere else to take him swimming.

Rachel Ė Maybe it is best for your SIL not to come with you. Iím sure she will be okay, hugs to you and DH and her . Poor little Blake, fingers crossed that he is feeling better by Friday. Bummer about the gastro and DHís tooth. What the about your friend serving in Iraq??

Brooke Ė Wow you do have a lot on. It is great that you get out to walk, I hope you are feeling okay ATM. Poor little Maya, Iím glad she is feeling better. I would try another doctor if I were you for a second opinion if you are not sure. It could be your sub conscious wanting a boy. I have a very strong belief that everything happens for a reason so maybe you will have a boy in the near or far future.

Deb Ė Happy belated birthday Al!! The meditation sounds amazing, I canít imagine not talking to anyone for 10 days. Hope Al is a little less clingy now, Iím sure he is missing his dad. We have given Amy a cupboard and a drawer which she continually puts toy in then throws them out. She still finds the cupboard that we forgot to lock as everything else is locked. What is Pingu? We are about to drop Amyís middle milk feed too, I think as they increase their solids they donít rely on milk as they used to.

Vanita Ė Hope you got to do some scrapbooking and Dion & Tahlia got some more sleep. I love the name Tahlia, it is so pretty. We are going to check out the pool at Beaconsfield. In the Gazette today there are letters complaining about the cost of the new pool and how parents are charged to watch their kids swim.

Kate Ė Happy belated Birthday to Kelsey!! What a great compliment from your friend about Kelsey smiling being a happy baby, she is a credit to you and DH. We havenít bought Amy any dolls but she got three for her birthday. She also got a few trucks which she loves. Please donít feel guilty for us TTCers, we are really happy you fell pg straight away. You are doing really well too and all those pillows have to help!

Hi Heather.

Deb/Hay Ė We are also struggling TTC now. I thought it was going to be so easy like the first time as it happened in the first month but no. I have not charted since we were TTC with Amy so have been a bit slack and I havenít really been putting in a great bd effort either. I did use OPKs this time and got lines twice but they were faint. The instructions says the test line should be very dark so Iím not sure. Might go back to Conception forums as well for a while. Back to the TWW for us.

Well Amyís party went really well. She got soooo many presents! The cake turned out great and I am going to put the pics on a new website that I will do this week. There were 50 people and I forgot to do coffee/tea because we donít drink it. Also I didnít get around to doing the party games for the kids I had planned but the kids had a great time playing in the playroom. We seriously have too many toys now including 5 things to ride on like rocking horses and cars and 3 soft chairs/couches.

We went for Amyís 12 mth check up yesterday and all is well. She is still right on the growth curve and is 9.5kg. She continually walked out of the office to the play equipment in the next room and DH had to keep running after her. Things have certainly changed since she started walking. She loves shoes ATM and tries to put on shoes when she is playing at night. We donít really put them on her yet but is such a highlight for her to have them on and she struts around the house with her shoes. She is getting a little rough with one of the dogs so we had a few tantrums last night when DH told her no. I think her teeth are giving her problems too so she was a little clingy the past few days. I took 3 days off work which was great. She is still getting two teeth at once on top but one is on top of the other and the MCHN had no idea.

I always do a epic post at the end of a thread DOH

Haha ha Vanita! I read it! And Pup also has a trailer attached to his tractor too. It is a Claas tractor (the same as daddy's BIG one!!)

Gemma! Great to see you. DYING to see a picture of your cake!!! I reckon that Pup slid out of his cot rather than fell out. Only way he could not have hurt himself.

You condom users wow me. Never been able to get into them myself and ended up sticking pills down my throat for years!

Oh forgot to say that we now have 4 teeth - all the front ones top and bottom. We had a visit to the paed dentist today. They are doing a study on country kids and their teeth in the early years. Because we don't have flouride in our water (town), our town got targeted (I guess). As we are on tank water, we don't have flouride anyway. Apparently the dental health between city and country kids is quite pronounced, so country kids are being targetted. Anyway, we're ok. Got a clean bill of health. It's a 2 year study.

Just a quicky guys as it's probably the last time I get online before we head off to Paris.

We're staying at Mum's from tomorrow as it will give Blake a chance to get comfortable there while we're still around and then we head off on Friday at 15.00hrs. I'm sure you'll think of me as I'm soaring off into the skies.

Sorry no time for personals nor replies to qns. It's getting crazy here.

Blake is starting to get over his gastro *I think* as he did his first poo this afternoon without it exploding out of his nappy (sorry for TMI)

Take care everyone. I look forward to reading all your gossip when I get back. I bet there will be lots of babies who are walking when I return. (probaby mine too)

Happy birthday Dion for the 19th.

Love to all
    xx

You probably wont get a chance to read this Rachel, but have a fabulous time in Paris, and enjoy yourselves to the max!!!!!!!!!

OK I lied. I'm back while I'm scanning all my travel docs!

Thanks Vanita. I'm sure it will be wonderful although the tears have already started here. DD was crying at bed time cause she's gonna miss us, and DS didn't want to go to sleep and was up an hour passed bed time.

The next two days are going to be fun!

Ohhh I'm soooooooo jealous of Rach!!!! Ahhh Paris.....in fact, anywhere would be good for a holiday right now!

Hope you have a blissful holiday Rachel!

Hi Gemma! Al has settled down now and DH is home as well,so all is back to normal here. Pingu, from what I can gather from the very little I have seen of it, is an animated kids tv show about some penguins, and they speak their own special little language that only kids can understand. Fingers crossed for you on your TWW.

Ahh interesting Hayseed about the flouride issue, did they advise you to use toothpaste for Pup? I did a bit of a search online, and there is a lot of conflicting advice about the use of it or not. I think I will take the middle line and continue to use the organic kids toothpaste for now, which has no flouride in it and come to think of it, its probably not much different than just using water.

Hi Vanita! Hey I posted after you what are you on about? hehe.At least we don't have to go back to the old thread to catch up. (trying to be optimistic)

She is doing well Kate. Pup is a piddly little 9kg at the same age! Now that you have your pg ticker up, it is amazing to see how far along you actually are. WOW!! At least you can link to Kelsey's website in your sig though!

Rach, have a fantastic time!!! We will miss you!

Thanks for the Pingu info Deb, they sound very cute. One of the drawbacks of working full time is that I don't know the kids shows.

Wow Kate, look at your ticker! 92 days to go. I remember when we were congratulating each other on getting below the 100 days. Yuk at the poo sample, I have always dreaded doing that. At least you will know what is going on so it is definately worth it. You will be fine with No. 2 if Kelse is grizzly. Remember newborn babies sleep a lot! DH dropped Amy's 2pm bottle yesterday so she has her breaky one with her weetbix which is normal, and she still has her 7pm bottle. DH fed her dinner at 4:30 instead of 5:00pm yesterday and she gets lunch at 12pm. She was up and down last night and wouldn't go to bed so DH nursed her on the couch until after midnight. I think he has dropped a sleep too as she has been struggling with two sleeps lately.

Hi Hay, Vanita, Brooke, Bel and everyone else.

Kate, you'll be fine, we all get through, no matter the challenges thrown at us, you just need to rememer crying doesnt HURT the child, its just their way of talking and they know you love them and will get to them when you can.... lOL at too many toys, that our prob now, what to buy for #4 ( when we have the trampoline, the playgym, the cubby house, the swing set etc etc, I look at the fisher price site, and go, got it, got it, got it, too young DOH!!!)

Gemma, ahh poor Dh with the no sleep!! Its sad? that you dont get to see the kids shopws ( and have the song running through your head all day - worse though when you go to a concert and find yourself singing .... oops)
    loves to all, gotta go the man is screaming

Kate - Oh Magnadoodle are great,will look for one of those. I can just imagine little Kelsey ever so nicely taking Lego out of the tub and putting them back. Al has a habit of throwing things like Lego over his shoulder (look out if you are behind him!), and he is learning to put things into boxes, drawers etc, just not what is supposed to go in there pmsl!
    Al's favourite toys are his cars, there are a few different ones. He drives them on the floor (one under each hand as he crawls) and then wherever he can reach..tables, chairs, bed, couch! We find cars in strange places nowadays!
    Hope you can get rid of the gastro once and for all. Wow at the ticker, being under 100 days!!! Exciting!!!!!

Vanita - cute to see you singing along at the concerts!

Gemma - hey you're not missing anything, if you were home you still wouldn't watch the kids shows, afterall that is precious time could be spent on BB or doing something productive! lol

Hi Brooke . how are you??

We've been swimming every day for a week! I figure in summer in Oz that is what I would do, so I am making the effort here for Al.
    Lucky DH is back from Beirut. bloody place is a war zone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    I'm looking forward to some BFP announcements from this group before my baby arrives.
    We're trying!!!!!

Pup hasn't got any fav toys yet...I reckon it's because he got so much stuff on his birthday, he still doesn't know what to play with first. And i have put stuff away!! He is shocking for making a mess though. Certainly not like Miss Kelsey who will put stuff back! (she has to come over and teach Pup!!).

Must be the time for dropping feeds. I stopped Pup's 2pm breastfeed today for the first time. So he is on a morning bf and a night bf and the rest of the day it is food, milk, juice or water (not much water tho......).

Just reading what Gemma's DH does as far as timing the dinner meal (5pm). God, am I doing it wrong? I feed Pup his dinner at 6.15 - 6.30pm. He has an arvo nap between 3 and 5pm (I don't let him sleep later than 5pm) - I'd like him to do 2 - 4pm but he takes it out by that hour! When he wakes up, I give him a snack (a homemade baby muffin, a biscuit, or a 1/2 serve of yoghurt) and a drink. He is then good until dinner (6.15pm). He then plays until about 7 - 7.15pm when he has a bath with DH. Somewhere between 7.30 - and 7.45pm he has a bf and goes straight to bed. Is this too late? If I did it any earlier though, DH would never see him after lunch as he doesn't get in until at least 7pm from the dairy.

Deb, friends of mine had a holiday in Beruit. I thoguht it was a strange place for a holiday. I guess because growing up, Beruit to our age group was like Iraq is to youngesters today. A bloody war zone. So what's he doing over there? Work? you probably mentioned it before and I missed it. Hey btw, we are tentatviely thinking of going to Holland (or the Netherlands) in March/April next year. Maybe????? Not far away from you......

Hi Hayseed,

May as well give the whole day...Al's routine is like this give or take a half hour-hour

7:00 am up and breakfast
    8:00 milk
    10:00 snack
    11:30 sleep
    13:30 lunch
    16:00 snack
    18:00 dinner
    19:00 bath
    20:00 milk then off to bed

usually wakes around midnight and gets a sip of water and a re-plug around 3am or 5am. We have had 2 full nights sleep since he was born, but at least its not hours of settling these days.

DH was in Beirut for work, in short, interviewing blacklisted heavy metal bands and preparing a documentary about the future of the middle east seen through the eyes of musicians. He came back with a bunch of brochures to entice Al and I to come along next time!:eek:

ps Ooh..Holland next April huh? Hmmm....and why not a little further north? There is good dairy country up here!
    We will be in Amsterdam for a short visit in Sept and am so excited as I've never visited there before.It looks so beautiful!

Hay, LOL no it is not too late for PUP to have his dinner, yours is the routine in our house too, it works in with everyone else, On a wednesday night, no one has dinner before 7pm, so I just make sure he has a snack earlier to tide him over. Each family has to work out a good routine for them, I have a gf who has all the kids in bed by 7pm, but they wake up at 6 EWWW. Over here everyone goes to bed about 8 pm ( even Dion) then we have them asleep til 730 in the morning ( DH and I are night people, and any earlier than that is totally yuck to us, and too when on a day Dh doesnt get home til about 7 so likes to spend time with the munchkins.

Deb, glad DH is back safe!! Al and Dion sound sooo alike Dion pushes cars around in both hands as he crawls too, the little ones hurt when you discover them in your slippers LOL!!! Dion is starting to make hmmmm noises when he pushes his cars !!!! Cool with the swimming everyday ( I dont seem to manage that even in summer)

Busy day as usual, I am off to gym after I drop the girls at school, then Rianna has swimming lessons, off to the shoppping centre after swimming to pick up a few more pressies for the boys b'day, then home to pick up the girls from school, then its back to swimming with them, and then home for a Roast dinner - Aunty is coming over for tea!! Lets hope the littlies can find time for naps in amongst all this!!! Love to all, have a good day and dont forget the aerogaurd!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast