Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #19

Good to hear Kelse is on the mend.

Rachel, you are a saint. That warms my heart to read you cooked for Kate's family.

Vanita, you've gotta stop with the guilt feelings, you are a fantastic mum and I bet your kids really value the special time you spend with them while you're not working your arse off. I hope I can be such a super mum one day, one that my kids love and admire. Dion is a bit little to realise the bigger picture yet, that's all.

Hay - hope Pup has a better night and is on his feet again tomorrow.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Kate- OMG I missed all of this, I feel so awful I am so sorry but I'm glad to hear that Kelse is getting a little better. Let me know if I can help at all, I feel so guilty for not coming and checking up in here. I really hope the rest of you don't catch it, especially Rylee, that would just be terrible.

Rach- Wow, good on you for helping Kate out, you're such a gem. Sounds like you had a pretty good MCHN visit. He's coming along nicely

Hay- It's hard to drink a lot, I find I have to consciously make an effort to think about it or else I just won't do it. I'm finding though that now I've been drinking the water (well water with a smidge of cordial) I cannot drink anything else, juice and soft drink tastes foul and too sweet for me now.

Vanita- Little Britain is a t.v show actually, and the guys that do it are taking it to the stage so that's what we are going to see. Ooooh your birthday, will make sure I say happy birthday before I leave

PMSL at all us feaks with our book covering and such, that's too funny. I thought I was the only one, glad to know I'm not, lol.

Kate, I am glad you are home with Kelse. You have certainly had a rough time lately and I hope you are doing okay. I am so glad to hear that she is improving, poor baby it must have been awful for her.

Rach, you are so sweet to cook and deliver meals for Kate & Shane. Thanks too for the messages on BB. Good to hear Blake's appointment went well.

Vanita - There are not too many mums like you that I know, keep up the great work and no more guilty feelings!

Hay, sorry to hear Pup is not well and I hope it passes quickly.

Hi Bec and Deb!

Amy is good but she has choked on bread twice in the last two days. I will post something in the Babies and Toddlers soon and I posted something there which is funny if you need a laugh. Sorry for the short post.

Deb, I would love to stop the mummy guilt, but the day the twins were born it hit hard (I worked for too long, brought on the prem labour, didnt do things right etc etc) and has never gonr away LOL. I try to ignore it and I know I do my best, but still think I could do better. I love my kids to bits and I have to trust that is the most important thing.

Rach, you sweetheart, your love is felt by all of us here.

Kate, hope Kels is getting better by the minute.

Bec, of I am a Der head hey LOL. Well enjoy the show then ( if they dont sing ??)

Hay, I hope Pup is feeling better really soon. get well wishes coming your way.

Gemma, Dion has a tendency to choke on bread too, we give him toasted sandwiches more often coz of this.

we decided to go to the pool this arvo instead of ice skating, the poor big girls had the dentist, with impressions for a plate they need. I havent been outside to see how hot it is, am staying in with the ac.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hi Gemma *waves*

Vanita- You're not a der head. You should take a look at it sometime, it's hilarious. They don't normally sing but I guess it's possible. I was going to go out today but decided against it, me and 30+ degrees don't gel well. Oh and you're a wonderful mummy who shouldn't feel guilty at all, you do what's best for your family and no one (not even you) can critisise you for that, even though I know you will. You're such a gem and you've got a big heart you really shouldn't beat yourself up about anything. Big kisses *mwah*
    Last edited by Tigergirl1980; January 10th, 2007 at 12:14 PM.

Is it hot ouside? From my 15th floor window it doesn't look hot.

Hi Bec, how's Jonah?
    Vanita, maybe I don't need to post about the choking if others have done it too? Very scary, the firs time she was turning blue and DH knew what to do and yesterday she was trying to get it out with her finger and just managed to cough it up.

Its always scary Gemma, and Dion has had to be turned upside down on a few occasions, and the lump scooped out. He eats too much at a time I think, and it turns to a big gluggy mass, eww Its supposed to be 36 today, and yep you can feel the heat radiating in.

Bec, your gorgeous, thanks for that ( not that I believe a word LOL)

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Gemma- He's good thanks, running around with not pants on at the moment, he likes to do that at home and takes his own pants off, lol. OMG at Amy choking and turning blue, I've not experienced that thank God, I hope that doesn't go on for long.

Vanita- Welcome my dear, but are you calling me a liar???? Better watch yourself missy, don't make me come over there.

OMG Jonah is so cute he just said "Peese" when I asked him if he wanted another muffin, that's the first time he has said it, he normally just carries on until you give him what he wants and then say "ta" but I said "say please" and he said "peese".

awww how cute, manners already - definately his mothers son.

Cute, Bec!

Gemma - classic dinosaur story. Your MIL is going to love it, not!

Guess what? We bought a house today. Yay! Moving in the middle of Feb. We are a little shocked that we managed to get what we want at a pretty good price. Thank you all for your prayers, it must have helped. This is my first home, same with DH, so we are really excited to be embarking on it as a brand new little family. :-)

Wow Deb, that's great news - congratulations!!! When are you moving in?

Thanks Gemma. Middle of Feb, we should have the key on the 15th, but will probably spend the first week doing some cleaning/installing stuff etc etc before the physical move.. Mik's father will be in town to help us out and I have insisted we get professionals when it comes time to move our crapola. :-) My head is spinning at the moment with imagining what needs to be done..I'm up in the clouds - its quite surreal.

Kate, happy to help out honey. It's just what you do for friends, and I know you've had a rough trot lately. I hope Kelse is picking up.

Bec, how cute is Jonah? Blake barely manages more than a grunt. Oh well, I'm sure he'll get there one day.

Deb, woo hoo, congratulations honey. I'm so thrilled for you and Mik getting the house. That's awesome news!

Hmm V, how are you we gonna solve this Mummy Guilt problem? You are an awesome Mum. You do so much for and with your kids. I bet they don't feel like they're missing out on a thing. Me thinks me better get out my brain washing kit to sort you out. You're the best. Oh and thanks for your comment about everyone feeling my love, it made me all warm and gooey on the inside.

Yay, the change is coming this morning. I wasn't looking forward to another hot day. Hay, have you got rain your way yet?

Gotta run to Viv's skating lesson. She's now there 3 times a week. 2 with her coach and once to practice by herself. Oh and because she's gone up a skills level, we have to pay more for club membership this year. Gotta love that!

Deb, WOOHOO!!!!!! congrats. I would insist on pro's too if I were nearly 8 mths pg.......

Rach, well done to Viv you must be very proud. yeah it sucks the better you are at something the more it costs. Well we do all feel your love, it is a tangible thing. Oh dont wash my brain, it might shrink LOL>

Kate, hope Kels is much better ,and your absence doesnt mean youve come down with it *nasty bug stay away*

No change here yet still hot as blazes. we were supoosed to go to a gf's house to see her horses, but just too darn hot, so I went to gym instead ( its got ac )

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Vanita- Awww thank you, hehehehehehe. Good on you for going to the gym, we're going to join the new one that they've built here when it opens.

Deb- Wooooooooohoooooooooo, I knew something would come along Oh definitely get pros, we did for all our heavy stuff and we cut down the cost by moving everything else ourselves. I also hired professional cleaners too to clean up so I didn't have to bust my hump doing it.

Rach- How clever your Viv must be, we should all come and see her skate some time. No change here either, still extremely hot. Blech!

Kate- How are you all going? Praying the rest of you haven't been struck by the nasty gastro. How's Kelse?

Was so hot last night wasn't it? Jonah had to sleep in our bed with me. Was so funny though, I woke up in the night and he wasn't in the bed. I rolled over to Ben's side and looked on the floor, nope not there, turned the lounge light on and looked there no, went back turned the bedroom light on and looked down Ben's side again and there I see 2 little legs poking out from under the bed. He'd rolled out onto Ben's pillows on the floor and then rolled under the bed.

PMSL @ U Vanita and your brain shrinking. I coudn't imagine running on any less brain. Most of mine is sleep deprived anyway so it's only like half a brain as it is! LOL

OMG Bec at Jonah sleeping under the bed! How on earth did he manage that??? I hope he didnt' get hurt. Our bed is really high and we have polished boards so I'd hate for Blake to fall out of bed.

Well 2 hours at skating then home to sort washing, feed children, unpack dishwasher and tidy kitchen. I'm now having 5 mins to myself (with you girls!) whilst Blake's in bed. Mind you he's still shaking the side that drops down so he's not asleep. Hopefully he'll go off soon. At least tomorrow is a bit cooler and then Saturday is cooler again.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Rach- I have no idea, I guess just tossing about in his sleep he rolled right on out. We have carpet and Ben has lots of clothes laying on the floor on his side and his pillows were on top of the clothes so I doubt he would have really felt anything. And then I guess he was rolling around in his sleep some more and rolled right under the bed. Was funny to see his 2 little legs sticking out and nothing else.

Bec, how scary though not finding him straight away. did you take a piccy?? ( or still half asleep ? ) I have so many photo's of the kids asleep in odd places ( under chairs - in the high chair - on the floor - in the swing ) love how they can do that, wish I could.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast