Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #2

Deb, poor Al suffering so with his vaccinations. Yukko. Mind you, :chairfall: when I read that he was sucking the cracks int he floorboards. LOL!!!

Brooke/Kate, Pup had/has a little patch of eczema on his forehead that I couldn't budge. It was there for weeks and starting to get really nasty looking. People started commenting on it ("oh, did he hit his head?", "Eww, what's that on his head?" etc). I had been putting sorbelene cream on and moisturisers to no avail. In the hot weather and whe he got upset, it got worse. The GP told me to get some 'Dermaid' from the chemist. It is a very very mild cortisone cream (I am using the 0.5% one) and I have only got to use the teeniest tiniest amount cause it goes a long way. In fact, I've used it about 10 times and you can;t even tell I've started the tube. This has really healed it, but I have to watch it, cause after a few hot days, it can come back. I try not to use soaps or shampoos on that bit of his skin if I can help it.

Fletch, I feel so sorry for that new mum. I had the youngest baby in my mums group and I felt like everyone's baby was better than mine (or else everyone was a better mum than me) because their babies were doing things that Pup wasn't. Turned out he was just playing catch up all the time as he was still learning things that they had 'mastered'. Even now, when things go askew, I can find myself in tears. And compared to that mum, I'm an old pro!!

Brooke, hear ya loud and clear on the eating paper thing. What is it about paper that is sooooo damn interesting to put in the mouth?? If any paper is within Pup's reach, he eats it. Today I had him on my lap trying to finish our Xmas letter and i didn't see that he had taken a peice of paper and had scrunched it up and eaten part of it. Turns out it was our contract with a feed company to supply feed for our cows!!! Saved it just in time (DH's signature is a bit mashed!)

Beckles, glad you asked about wonder week, 'cause I had no idea either. Can;t help you with the biting business - not good though. Pup did it to me and I smacked him on the head ( :-# ). It wasn;t hard and was more of a flick. Caught me by surprise though. If you come up with a solution, I'd be glad to hear of it.

Yay on Kelsey and Al's 5 month milestones

Well, tonight we took Pup to our CFA Christmas BBQ. This was Pup's first Santa sighting and he sat on his knee (Santa was one of our firefighters in disguise!). It was good to go because none of them had met Pup as yet and I haven't been to a meeting, a fire or anything since Pup was born. My last meeting was 2 days before Pup was born. People remarked on how much weight I had lost since they saw me last (well....der...I was 9 months pg!!)

Hayseed

kate the older boys started cups at around this age 5-6 months. i didn't give them bottles i just skipped straight to a cup. only for them to play with and have water so they could get used to them. glad you told me you wrote it all down about what you do with kelse i felt like a forgetful freddy. can you let me know how those aldi nappys go i was looking at them the other day and wondered how they'd go.

hayseed last night when oscar bit me i said ouch really loudly and put him on the floor. he was very offended but hasn't done it again hopefully this is the answer cos i 'm getting scared to feed him.

fletch hope you have fun today at the christening.

i forgot to say josh and zak want to throw oscar a half birthday so cute. they have it all planned and i found this really cute book in dymocks called oscar's half birthday. basically it is about a bubba oscar who is turning 6 months and his brothers can't wait until he turns 1 for a birthday party so decide to throw him a half birthday. sounds familiar. i think i found his half birthday present!

love beckles

Stormi Guest

Hi guys,

Hope you don't mind me joining the July thread because everyones gone AWOL from the June one.

Just skimming the posts quickly.

Sunbeam - glad bubs is okay. It is scary when they are sick coz they can't tell you how they feel and there is not that much you can give them in way of medicine either. I always worry through the night when they are sick and keep checking them!

Re: Eczema. Kenzie has is quite bad. I have to use the 1% hydrocortisone cream on her 4 times a day - 10 days on, 4 days off, plus all the other stuff like washing her clothes in Purity, making sure she is only wearing cotton etc. Even what we wear when we hold her can affect her. I have the QV bath oil and also the QV bath wash. It's still not really clearing it up though. I'm lucky that she has it mostly on her chest and back and the inside of her elbow creases - she doesn't have any on her face.

I had a few bad nights with Kenzie waking a lot, luckily she's gone back to sleeping through. I've dropped the late night bottle (11pm-ish) for the last two nights and she's slept through still so that's good. Starting her on solids properly I think now - today she had some banana/farex but she was a bit nonplussed - still ate it though.

I feel like a slack mum - we went to the park on Friday and despite her being under shade she still somehow managed to get sunburnt. Her legs were slightly pink but not bad but by that night her face went red!!! I felt terrible! I've been putting so much moisturiser on her.

I've been feeling a bit down lately. I don't think it's PND though (3rd time lucky, I had it severely after both boys). I think it's just because I just feel like all I am at the moment is a "mum". Haven't really been going out much etc and have so much stuff to do for school and pre-school with all their outings and parties etc for end of year plus Cooper has to do lots of practice at home for his drama concert which is on Saturday and most of the class know their lines, they just don't know WHEN they are meant to say them LOL. So I need to practice that - and in-between looking after the 3 kids have to try and organise all the Christmas shopping/presents and housework etc. So I just feel crap.

Speaking of housework, I better get back to it, if I sit here too long I won't get anything done.

Hope everyones well and having a good weekend

It has taken me 40 minutes to read everyones posts, so dont have any time left to reply!! Glad to hear you are all well, if not challenged!!
    Have been very busy here, with the twins b'day , xmas parties.( dion eats santas beard!!!) Not long been home from carols by candlelight, I was sick for the last week, and now xmas is only a fortnight away!!!

Beckles, Dion bites nearly every feed, at the end of a side when its "empty' but there are hints usually, he starts to fuss a little, and then "chomp" he doesnt even release if I say "no" in a firm voice, I have to break the hold with a finger!! So am spending most feeds, anticipating it, IYKWIM. I try to keep an eye on his feeding pattern, and take him off just before, but I dont know the answer either, if you find a solution, would love it too!!!

Any way will try catch up again sooner rather than later, coz it takes forever to read everyones [email protected]!!!! must go nigh nighs, am sleepy!!!

Hi guys sorry ive been MIA. My parents babysat for us on saturday night and we have found that the best way is that we all stay at there house for the night and then Hendrix can be settled and put to bed in the porta cot before we go out and that works best for everyone. So ive been without computer.

Deb - thanks a lot for mentioning about the methylparabens (sp). huggies wipes have them and we have been using these since birth. I spoke to my dad (a gp) about it and he agreed saying he doesnt like parabens so we found the new coles brand wipes dont have any and now we are saving lots of money!! Congrats on finishing level 6!!

Beckles - we have a tommee tippee cup for hendy which he has drunk out of a couple of times and loves it but i forget to give it too him! He also likes drinking out of our glass.

Kate - does Kelsey get up that much every night?? I hope not. Hendrix is definatey getting to wonder week 26 as he is still sleeping through at night but his days sleeps are getting crazy again. Im having to rock and cuddle him to sleep then place him in his cot!! At least the wonder weeks indicates that what our bubs are going through is normal!!

Fletch - IM back!!! So looking forward to our meeting next week! My boozas are still a F! and as im back to pre preg weight my friend says i just look like a pair of boobies walking down the street - nice huh?? LOL

Lisa - good to hear from you. I hope your kiddies are doing really well. Would you be able to meet us next week??

Brooke - glad maya slept well the night before last! Hope she slept well last night! Im just like you in that i now rate shopping centres by their parents room! hehe. Our local Westfield is the newest (Bondi junction fletch!!) and the parents rooms are superb! The one on level 5 has views over the harbour! Now any other parents room at other shopping centres are like toilets compared to that!

Stormi Guest

Heather - what what what? Meet? Did I miss something? Depends on where and when, I'm pretty flat out up till Christmas with a million things going on, and now one of the cars is not starting so depending on what is wrong with it we may only have the one car and DH would need that for any work he is doing.

So where and when? PM me if you're not posting those details publicly. Would be great to meet up though. Who else are you meeting up with?

Lisa - we are meeting tigergirl (bec and jonah) somewhere near parramatta. The details are in the general meet up thread. Fletch is pretty much organising the meet so hopefully she can give you some more details

Stormi Guest

Fletch - thanks for that - I will have to see how things are going as to whether I can meet up or not. Parramatta's only about a half hour or do drive from me so will see what I can do.

Makenzie's face is peeling from the sunburn now. Poor little thing. She didn't burn too badly as it was from indirect sunlight I guess (we thought we were fine as we were under this massive shady tree, but others from the group got home and were sunburnt too so I wasn't the only one).

Better go feed Kenzie and get her to bed - she's hardly slept all day even though she's exhausted. She's in her jolly jumper at the moment while we had our dinner, she's so funny as she can see her shadow on the carpet and she's almost like she's chasing it.

Dion had immunizations today, and has screamed all arvo. Had a temp, but when I gave him panadol he chucked +++ all over us both, so dread to think what the night ahead holds, and DH is on a night shift, and I am tomorrow night.Oh well, he is asleep TAM, and the girls are all reading in bed, so the house peaceful for 5 mins!!

Hello lovely ladies and bubbies..you are all so chatty in here..im finding it hard to keep up lol. Well Sammy is doing really well....happy little fellow now after this mornings grumpies....but it looks like Olivia has chicken pox...arrrrrrrrgh...what a way to start the school holidays #-o I just looked online and it seems that Sam will have immunity to it from me so if he does get it it should only be a mild dose...sigh..so thats something.

Sorry for the lack of personals...i will try better next time

Jo

Hi girls,

not much other than frantic Christmas shopping happening here. Spent all day in Geelong and only picked up 2 presents out of 6 I have to buy.

Home all day tomorrow (ahh... actually today [OMG look at the time - 1.14am!!! :shock: ) and then off to Melbourne on Wednesday for our 4th wedding anniversary. We always spend 2 nights at the Windsor in Melb (luxury!!) each year for it. My mum was lamenting that Pup will be spending nights in the Windsor and she hasn't even been in there for arvo tea! LOL (For those that don't know, Windsor is a very old, very posh hotel that still does high teas every afternoon).

We have a busy couple of days in Melb too; -
    **picking up my eternity ring that DH bought for me for having Pup (I got a diamond and ruby channel set eternity ring - rubies because they are Pup's birthstone),
    **going to Myer to get Santa photo (thanks for whoever that was - Fletch or Beckles?? - for recommending Myer for photos)
    **picking up a "baby's first Christmas" bauble from Myer
    **looking at the Myer Xmas windows
    ** picking up DH's present (thinking of getting him a really good pen)
    ** going to Chadstone to go to Toys R Us for Pup's Christmas presents (and any other kids i still have left on my list)
    ** going to Baby Bunting to pick up Pup's high chair
    Phew......

On the subject of high chairs, who has got theirs? What brand/typs do you have? Do you like it/hate it/wish you got something different? We're not 100% set on any one type, so are willing to look at a few different ones. Got a reasonable amount of space in kitchen/dining room for one.

Hayseed

Hi you lot.

Have been offline for 24 hours due to server malfunction and felt like I had lost my lifeline. Good to see you all. Missed you!
    We had some professionals photos taken of our little family yesterday, by a photographer who is a friend, as a gift. We are using one of them and making a Xmas card to send to family and some friends, so I'm working on that right now.

Al is good, the little champ.

Qantas cannot confirm the bassinette for our flight, so we won't know until we are at the airport if we have him on our laps the whole way or not. Bit of a bummer not knowing one way or another. So we are preparing for the babe in arms scenario...should be challenging!!!!!!! He is such a little wriggle pants.

Brooke I think I've worked out how to use BOLD font! yay.
    Where have they placed you for uni? What area of social work are you most interested to get into? I hope it pans out for you. and HeatherNo worries about the wipes info. I would rather know than not to too.

Vanita Sorry to hear about Dion's reaction. How is he today? Al got a fever from his second vaccination as well. It was a real worry for me too but he's bounced back..that was last thursday.
    I don't get why they didn't react to the first but did to the second one. The doctor said it was the same content.

Hayseed Melbs sounds like it will be wonderful for you. How romantic to celebrate your wedding anniversary at a lush hotel.Have fun shopping. We have a Stokke Tripp Trapp high chair. They are very popular over here. We still haven't used it as he's not sitting up yet and he needs to be able to sit up in this chair. Its made of wood and the idea is you adjust the panels so we are able to use it for many years.

Jo Poor little Olivia with the chicken pox, I hope Sammy manages to resist and you are all healthy soon.

Fletch Zane sounds like such a lovely little boy. I hope we get to meet at the next Sydney meet in Jan.

already massive post...sorry. Love to you all.

Oh Brooke - hope your anxiety has subsided somewhat this morning. Im an anxious person too - and hate that feeling i get in my body. Hope you were able to sleep well honey. xx

Jo - hope little sammy doesnt get the chicken pox too badly. Hugs to you.

Hayseed- oh how exciting!! Happy 4th Anniversary! I wish i could see the ring it just sounds so divine. Your shopping trip to melbourne sounds great! You reminded me to get a babys first christmas bauble - i might do that today!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

We have the Linkadoos high chair too and it's fab

Shannon & Bec,

where did you both pick up the FP Linkadoo highchair??

Hayseed

hi all

hayseed it must have been fletch re santa and myer i'm a total snob when it comes to myer blah! dj's all the way for me. hmm high tea
    at 4 ???????

well i have a blocked duct and trying to clear it but oscar is not co-operating at all. boob so sore.

hope all is well with everyone else

love beckles

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Yup we got ours from Kmart too.

cazoraz Guest

Hello girls!

A flying visit tonight, must finish wrapping presents - both Christmas and DH's birthday ones as he is 27 tomorrow! I hate having to find birthday presents for him this close to Christmas, means I have to come up with 2x the ideas, but I think he'll be pleased.

Brooke - bummer about the placement, hope you do find a place that has space for you, sounds a bit dodgey if they weren't even going to give you a desk!

kate - any updates on the Peninsula meet yet?

As for high chairs, we have a Peg perego something -or-other, bought it with lucy and cant remember the name for the life of me. But we havent had to use it yet, Cole is 6months on New years Day so we'll start solids then if he can wait. He is starting to chew his hands to bits but is still happy to go 4hrs between breastfeeds and sleep from 8-8am so he seems content enough with just booby milk for now.

Just found out my sisters son has chicken pox and we were supposed to go to a Christmas party this weekend at my 'biological' dads house (not my favourite man in the world, I consider my step-dad to be my real dad). So look slike I might have a very good excuse not to go now cos Cole is not immunised for a nother few weeks and I dont want Lucy to get them and be sick for xmas either so I might just haev to avoid going! YIPEE!!!!!!

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to Christmas!
    xxxCaz

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast