Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #20

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Gemma- He sits, and I guess he will learn to stand eventually. As for flying when PG, it's fine. I flew all the way to Europe when I was newly pregnant and didn't have a problem. There's an article about it on BB somewhere, on the main site maybe?

Thanks Bec,

No need for replies to my question above...I have booked my travel for Sydney for Wednesday so I won't be on line from Wed afternoon till Friday.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I hope you have a good trip Gemma Is the no need for replies due to something bad?

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Brooke- I will for sure. Nup Jonah has had no reation so far from the 18 month immunisation. They say that spots can come up to 26 days after though so you have to just keep an eye out. Glad that Dan is going with you, Ben came with us for the first time in a while so that was good

Hi girls,

Gemma, I imagine you'll be fine flying. Good luck with the testing. I was only thinking of you over the weekend. I hope you get a BFP. If you go Wednesday, will you still be testing? You mean we have to wait until the weekend or Monday to find out????/

Back to Brooke or was it Kate? We used to call a fart a 'bottom noise' when Viv was little and only told her it was also called a fart when she was school age because I didn't her to not know what the other kids were talking about, if it came up in the playground YKWIM.

Not much news from here. Blake's still waking during the night however he's nearly over his cold so I think I'm going to get a little bit meaner in letting him see if he can settle himself.

I'm sure I've missed heaps (sorry) my brains, just not with it. Oh and I"m back on the wagon with TF diet again. Trying to be good. Sometimes it's just not easy!
    Brooke, Blake was fine with his 18mth immunisation although he did get a small rash around the neck. Not sure if it was heat rash cause of the weather or mild chicken pox type symptoms. Didn't bother him though. The immunisation payment will come a couple of days after the child is 19mths. For some reason they wait until the child is 19mths so that if people or a week or two late with the immunisation they wont miss out on the payment. I was told it was $279 (I think, from memory) so it's a bit of a bonus to get that. I'd forgotten all about it!

Its only automatic if you get family allowance. I choose not to get it throughout the year, and instead get a lump sum at tax time ( forced savings LOL) that way we can buy those big items we need KWIM??? I have to send in Dions info after he gets immunised to receive the payment.

Good luck Gemma for a BFP, and good luck for the trip. cool to the cubby, we have had one for 5 yrs so its a bit old hat. Its hard now, as we have all the "big" stuff

Rach, I hope Blake gets out of the bad sleeping pattern quickly for you.

Kate, I hope you had a pleasant day, and that Kels is getting back to her regular routine. I think from the sounds of it all the kids on here are going through a "phase" I knwo Dion has been Mr grumpy bum for a few days, and is only happy on my hip, so could quite likely be an older ww. ( hopefully only a week not one of those phases that last months LOL)

DH is always joking we need another house just for the toys- well we have got 4 kids DER. we have had an enjoyable arvo we went for a big walk ( the big girls rode their bikes) the littlies slept. then when we got home we had a paddle in the kids litle pool.

Kate dont listen to the MHN, my nephew was way overweight, and all he was having was BF and the MHN wanted his diet restricted WTF???? Kels is perfect, and most bubs are a bit chubby ( ie baby fat !!!!! ) I stress coz mine are not fat enough. WTG Rylee, despite the tummy upsets its great she's gaining well.
    PS stop feeding Kels champagne and caviar will you????

It must be the Macca's 3 times a day then LOL

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Ooooh pfft to the MCHN don't worry about what she said Kate, you know that what you're doing is right so take it like water off a duck's back.

Bec – ‘No need for replies’ because I have booked my flight and accommodation so I decided to go, so nothing bad.

Brooke –I hope Maya wass a brave girl for her needles, Amy is having hers today.

Rach – Thanks for clarifying the Centrelink payment, I haven’t heard of it. I hope Blake starts getting some sleep now he is feeling better. Good on you for getting back on the wagon with TF, good luck and I know you do well as you have been going really well. When are you testing?

Vanita – Sounds like a great day and it was nice weather for a walk. Yes your kids have a lot of toys and the cubby is really good. Amy loved playing in it and your cubby inspired me to get her one.

Kate – Kelse is exactly the same height as Amy. I think the MCHN deals with so many kids that they get in to the routine of commenting on the average stats they work with for things like height, weight etc. We would have stopped going long ago because they add no value but I like the book filled out. They seem to be there really to find kids that are not being fed or looked after to get them help IMO. Two sleeps is great for Kelsey even if she woke up cranky. Maybe she is getting back to her routine of sleeping again? I’m glad Rylee is going well, good to hear. I hope you get to nap today in the air con to try to catch up.

Amy had her 18mth check up yesterday. She is 11.04kg and 80.5cm tall. Her visit went a bit like this: ‘You will have to start thinking about baby proofing the house’ – done 6 mths ago, ‘You will have to start eating as a family at the table’ – done 6 months ago. ‘Does she know 5 words other than dad?’ – DH said yes (she is saying 50+ words and gets a new one every day). ‘Maybe we should check her on the 2year old page?’. Have a great day and stay cool for those in Melb.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Kate- Oh good Extremely stupid woman there.

Gemma- Oh glad to know that Wow Amy is going great guns there

Brooke- How wonderful that you have an immunisation clinic, I'm not aware of any here at all. Glad that Maya only cried a little

Hi to everyone else, hope you can all keep cool today.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

It's hig 30's today so not as hot as 40, 40 would really, really suck.

Ugh, it is 42 degrees here atm. Air con is only really in the lounge room, so the rest of the house is about 34 degrees....... Mind you, I have gotten a power of washing done and dried today

Brooke, in the country (over in Vic) there are immunisation clinics that are run throught the shires. The MCHN's do them. Usually about once every 2 months I think. I generally go to our GP though as babues are free at our clinic (and I normally try and sneak through a complaint of mine at the same time and not have to pay for it!!!)

We are 100%. I just have a small residual cough and Pup has a really runny nose, but that is about it. I had a massive headache verging on a migraine last night, but I took some panadiene forte and went to bed. Woke up fine this morning. It is the weather (when it gets real hot real fast).

I agree with Vanita's concerns about bubs not being heavy enough - Pup is only 10.5kg, but sounds taller than some of the others in here (he's 81cm). Mind you, DH is 6'4" and weighs about 80kg. I'm shorter (waaaaaaaaay shorter) and weigh more (!) He takes after daddy..NOT mummy.

Gemma, ooooh testing on Wed.....fingers crossed and lots of sticky's for you!!!

Kate, DEFINATELY pencil me in for the Mattel trip. Would love to catch up with some of you IRL too. It is a long way for me to go for sometimes the amount they have on offer, but still, I picked up some great bargains last time and the swing I bought (lock and something Fisher Price swing) was one of the hits of the Xmas presents.

Gemma, (and I say this is a quiet voice so DH can't hear me), we have too many toys as well. I don't know why, but we do. I have gone overboard - probably because I didn't think I would ever be a mum, so I went stoopid - and my mum also buys a lot of stuff - probably because I am an only child so this is her only grandchild. And she's gone stoopid too!!! We have Xmas presents that albeit are unwrapped, but have not been opened fromt heir orginial packaging. Likewise some of his birthday presents (!). I jokingly said to DH last night that I would rewrap them and give them as 2nd b'day presents. He nodded and didn't seem all that amused by the fact that we could do this......

Where are the new(ish) girls?? Come out and play.

Cr*p I'm hot....gotta find the a/c.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Awwwwwwwww man, it's TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hot

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Brooke- Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww you're so lucky What's Maya's height like on the scale thingy? Jonah is 89.5 cms tall at last measurement and that was at the end of November so I'm sure he's taller than that now. He's off the chart for his height and has been pretty much since birth I think.

Yeah YeahBec, go ahead and brag, so my fella is a skinny shortass. LOL
    It was unbearalby hot yesterday hey, was a bit peeved, coz I did 4 loads of washing, braved the heat to put them all on the line,a nd we had a thunderstorm and they all got wet before I had a chance to take them off GRRRR.
    Well obviously I am back at work on my first night back, and all I'm stressing about is how my little loves are doing at home, as DH is at work tonight too, and all our usual babysitters are out of town, on hols, so my SIL is babysitting, for the first time ever. Dion has continued to be mr grumpy so I hope he behaves for her, I cant stand the thought of him being hysterical as he gets, and her not able to soothe him ( mummy guilt, mummy guilt, mummy guilt LOL)

Brooke, we have a clinic of sorts but it is run by the shire, and is first in line first served, you can wait an hr or more, and there are lots of crying bubs which upsets my kids before they get jabbed. I always go to the gp, just coz I dont have to wait. what do you do in the NH????

Hay, God love you I go stoopid over the kids toys too and DH is driven insane by this LOL. Glad you are all well. DH is 6'4" and a skinny runt ( well until he hit 30 he was he's nearly 90kg now) so Rianna and Dion take after him weight wise, I am 2'0" ( hehe) and 2000kg and the poor big girls take after me in the weight, but daddy in height. they reach my shoulder ( at 8 ) and are chunky punky's like their mumma. :frown: poor lassies.

*hand waving madly in the air* I DO I DO I DO........ I feed Dion junk. he loves an occasion feast of Maccas. even gets his own Happy meal, and he had popcorn chicken the other day ( not quite champas and caviar - but as close as I can get LOL) but is still a skinny runt despite all of this UGH, dunno how to help the poor little fella. I feed him baby food before his "real" meal each meal time. a big jar of something, then toast, and cereal, or meat and vegies, and STILL he fades away!!!! ( AM SO JEALOUS )

Hope the heat stays away enough for you all to get some sleep tonight. I will keep my ac on tomorrow and hope for the best ( I have one in my bedroom, as well as the split system in the lounge for the rest of the house for days like this)

Kate, I can't believe she said that to you - sorry I'm a day or so behind. Kelse's just bigger, like Blake and Jonah are. Don't think you're doing anything wrong. I know you know you're not, but really! Some people should think before they open their mouths. And I must have missed you posting about the Mattel night. Pls pencil me in, although I think you already have.

Bec, Wow, Jonah is tall, isn't he. Blake's 87cm and the MCHN was surprised because he grew 9cm since his previous visit which she was astounded by. Go Jonah! And yes, it is hot! I'm waiting for the change today

Brooke, we take Blake to our Dr for his needles. We could go to the council run sessions but when it's free to go to the Dr, and there's no excessive waiting around, I'm much rather do it that way. I took Blake last week (?) and got his nose and ears checked too cause he had a cold. I fact, I really went to get him checked but thought if he was well enough (which I was thinking he might be but wanted him checked all the same IYKWIM) I'd get him immunised and then I wouldn't have to pay for the visit! Tight a$$ I know, but hey, it saved another trip to do it at the same time and worked in my favour!

Hay, glad you and Pup are feeling better, and I'm glad the headache didn't get worse. As for toys, we have far too many too! But that's what happens when there's 8 years between kids. You hang onto the 1sts toys and then buy new ones the second!

ooh, my boys just woken - what a sleep in - 9am

Will add more later

V, hope it's not too hot to sleep.

Good morning,

Last night DH & I decided that he and Amy should come to Sydney today with me. So I have been madly organising everything for the trip. Had to change my seat to be next to them and we have good seats. This will be Amy’s first time on a plane and I am sure she will be fine. She had her needle yesterday and just looked at her arm after the needle…no tears, she is a brave girl! Must go, have a great day. I will be back online Fri morning.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast