Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #20

Yay Blake!!!

Hi everyone..
    slackarse post as I am really tired! We have been doing some chucking out of some of Miks garbage here over the weekend, he is a bit of a 'collector'... I am trying to convince him that its better to get rid of stuff than move it to collect dust in our new house. Its going well though, he's really trying.
    Al is beautiful, no complaints!
    Preg is going well, though I am 30 weeks preg, according to photo evidence from last pregnancy, I look about 35 weeks! I am humungous and a bit worried about how massive I am going to become.

All the best for the scan Hay, I'm sure it will be wonderful!

Yay for Chris' birthday. What a cheek of his brother asking for seconds, Vanita! :-)

Quick question for you mums with skinny boys. Do your sons have big tummys? DH is worried that Al looks malnourished, he has a big round hard tummy like you see in photos of malnourished children in Africa. He shouldn't be malnourished of course, but what is with that?? He doesn't seem to have very good stomach muscles, he needs to roll over on his side or tummy to sit up still...is that normal?? Should I have him on a workout plan lol?

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Deb- Good idea to get rid of junk before you move and not just take it with you. Hmmmmmm, when Jonah stands he sticks his tummy out and it looks quite big but it goes flat when he's lying down? Does Al's not go down when he's laying? I don't know if you need to give him a workout plan. Is he very active? Does he like to run around a lot?

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Kate- I hope you're able to get lots done whilst Kelse is away helping with gardening, lol, that's so cute.

Brooke- His taping is on Tuesday but not sure when it's going to be on the air.

Kate I love decluttering, but I hate trying to find time to do it LOL, hope having Kels visiting helps. Fabulous that all the courses are coming up, hope they help ( still believe in yourself though)

Brooke, isnt it funny how they get attached to certain things, Dions is apples. everytime he walks past the fruit bowl he wants one, even if he's got one in his hand :biggrin:

Deb, dion definately has a big round tummy, and it sucks inward when he lies on his back. Is he a particularly gassy bub ?? I know he used to scream a lot. are his BM normal?? Intolerances such as lactose can cause a particularly bloated tum, and belly aches but BM are usually greeny coloured. Other than that I would say its normal though coz Dion has little stick arms and legs a tiny head, and a big fat tum, thats quite normal for kidlets. As for being worried about bubs size, dont be too stressed with all subsequent pg's you look bigger. With Dion I looked full term at 30 weeks. BUT you should notice the organ cramping not as uncomfortable as with #1 ( you know indegestion, needing to pee, unable to breathe etc etc)

Rach WOOHOO BLAKE MY MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now those teeth are through he's getting back to his usual self.

Well Mum has taken the big girls to the movies ( they are seeing flushed away), and the littlies are in bed, and I should really try have a nap so Im not wrecked tomorrow morning - but I am here instead LOL. I'm terrible I wouldnt sleep anyway, I want to get some folding done and dinner prep started. must go do that , peace wont reign here long MWAH

Hi girls.

Deb, I had to laugh at your comment about your DH thinking Al was malnourished. Pup is EXACLTY the same. Skinny arms and legs and a pot belly. We laugh and say he looks likea Beafrin (where actually is Beafra???!! Is there duch a place???) LOL. Anyway, it is 100% normal. Pup has nothing worng with his digestion and he looks like that all the time. His belly does flatten when he lies on his back too.

Well........I am off for the scan tomorrow. Thanks for your words of encouragement. But unfortunately, nothing is going to settle me except a good scan. Mum is looking after the little soldier for the day (bless her....I don't think she knows what she is in for). This will be her first full day of looking after him all by herself (previously it has only been for a couple of hours, or I have been in the house with a migraine...) She told me she bought some patchwork to do during the day - HA HA HA. Not gunna happen!!!!!

Today, Pup has his 18 month vaccination. And he never shed a tear! But boy, did he give the doctor a filthy look. Made us both laugh. A muesli bar and all was forgotten.

Brooke, I went to a Japanese restuarant for my hens night. No male strippers for me either. I mean, their tackle is just so.....untidy! It's bad enough that I have to look at DH's for the rest of my life....why would I want to look at someone's that I don't know!!!

Ohh Bec, I was telling DH about Ben and the 1 vs 100 show. Now every time he sees a new show for 2007 advertised on the telly, he tells me "this is it"! So far, none of the shows have been the one we are after!!!

Well, by the grace of God, good luck and mother nature on my side, I'll be reporting back with a positive story tomorrow night.

Hi!

Thanks for the replies about Al's big tummy. Sounds like its normal, his also disappears when he lies down. No green poo here Vanita, although he could well have lactose or wheat intolerance, as Mik is intolerant. I haven't noticed his BM (? poo?) or wind passing to be out of the ordinary. So will continue to keep an eye on it. Bec he's very active, but I wonder if he should be doing some variation on sit ups to build up his tummy muscles, maybe its just lack of muscles that is the reason for the beer belly. And I'm not sure about Biafra, Hay..?!

Nice of your mum to look after Pup while you're at the scan, Hay. Surely he will 'help' her organising her patches! Lovely that she is so optimistic tho! All the best for the scan.

Gotta run sorry for no personals..BTW we have had our first snow fall today. It is so pretty and white outside. Al was very intrigued by it this morning. He would have been too young to remember last year. So this afternoon I look forward to playing with him out there....... and throwing a big snow ball at him!:biggrin: hehehe (evil laugh)

Hay thats what mum says about DIon too, that he looks like a biafren.... funny good luck with the scan, will be looking forward to hearing things are wonderful
    :eek: patchwork - who did she think she was looking after ?? the cows LOL mum has givin up doing anything but hanging out with the kidlets

Deb, snow - how lovely I keep saying we must take the kids there again this year, Rianna went when she was 18 mths but I think wouldnt remember. Mik shouldnt have green poo if he's lactose intolerant ( I am too) its just littlies that come out that way LOL
    nooo you dont need to do any exercises with him, they have the stongest abdo muscles

Well I forgot to mention that Dion had his chickenpox imm today and so did Rianna, both went really well - Rianna tried to pull the needle out though shoulda seen the look on her face - priceless. Fingers crossed its enough and we dont have to go through it like we did with the big girls. They had chicken pox twice, once at 18 mths ( very hard to get them to stop scratching ) and again at 3. both times were severe and ended up in the RCH. Not fun 3 days each in hospital ( not at the same time either) well ahve a good one and see ya all tomorrow ( or tonight LOL)

lol Vanita..sorry I meant to be talking about Al's poo! I have no idea what colour Mik's poo is!!!
    BTW Al thought the snow was too cold! He was a bit of a sook about touching it, but loved stomping around and of course kept heading straight for any deep icy puddles to splash in.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hay- Good luck hun, but like Kate I'm sure you won't need it. Lol at your DH, we've seen a few ads, the ads that they've been showing though are from the American series they only just shot the first episode here on Saturday.

Deb- Naaaaah, I don't think Al should be doing situps, lol. I think you'll find as he grows he will even out. Babies that become roly poly with lots of rolls don't stay that way

Vanita- Lol at Rianna pulling the needle out, but yikes too. I hope it all got in there and there's no chicken pox for you. I had chicken pox twice when I was in high school bot only very mild though. I think Ben had them pretty severe, in his mouth and under his eyelids

Not good news girls. I've had a miscarriage. This is now my 7th one. I am so sick of it. I'm sad, depressed, upset, bewildered, letdown....all the emotions. Won't know anything for a while yet until tests come back, but I don't expect there to be anything there...never is.

I really don't understand why I am destined to go through so many miscarriages....it never gets any easier. And I have just gotten through the past 24 hours due to pain killers and sleeping tablets.

So, I'm going to be missing a bit.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh Hayseed hun, I definitely wasn't expecting that I am so very, very sorry that you're suffered another loss of a precious baby. My heart goes out to you and my tears flow for you. I can't believe that you have to go through this awful pain yet again. Please know that we are all here for you if you need us. Sending you my thoughts and lots of

I'm really really sad to hear that Hay. You're in my thoughts over here and I wish you a speedy recovery. Big hugs and lots of loving healing vibrations.

Oh Hay sweetheart. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I send you, DH and Pup all my love. Take it very easy honey. We're all here for you. You're in our thoughts and prayers.
    xx

Aww Hay, my deepest condolences to you and DH and Pup, I am very sorry for your loss, and like the other girls, I am here if you need. :hugs: may our love flow to you in this time of need.

Hay, I am so sorry. I was so saddened to read your news, please take care of yourself. If there is anything we can do please ask.

Hayseed, so sad to here your news. Sending you a great big hug :hugs:

HI girls,

How are we all? I guess Australia Day weekend means a bit of family time - I hope it is a relaxing weekend for you all.

Mik heads off to Amman tomorrow, for the next 5 days! Well it actually could be even longer as hes flying with British Airways and they plan to strike next week :eek: We will miss him! I have made arrangements for a couple of play dates for Al over the weekend, just so we both have some outside company.

We have booked Al into another day care institution that is very close to the new house. He is number 2 on the waiting list, so we expect it won't take too long before he starts there. I hope to get him settled in before the next baby arrives. He is really enjoying the current arrangement, he is there monday to friday from 9 until 3. They take them out on excursions in these big prams that fit 4 kids at a time! Today they celebrated a birthday for one of the kids and he was involved in baking buns as well as eating cake! He was very pleased when I came to pick him up and had a lot to tell me. They think he's a good kid and love that he is so ready with a smile and a cuddle. He is speaking his own language still, but we are beginning to understand a few more words and recognise them as Danish. He says 'mere' quite a bit - which means 'more'. He also says 'nej'. And he counts 'en, to, tre' which is cute. Today at dinner it sounded like he said 'but min mad' a bit of english and danish combined there. Also when he is whinging at bedtime he says 'maaaa!' The language seems to be developing slowly but surely. He enjoys music, and we are continuing with his music class for now. He is also kicking the ball around and loves throwing it too. Looking forward to some warmer weather so we can get outside a bit more again. It is just too cold right now.

The weather definately changed over the past week -its below freezing and snowing! Brrrrrrrr! My bladder can't take too much of that, I constantly feel like I need to pee if I am out there! But in a way it is nice to have some snow as a bit of a change from the rain we've seen through December.

The course has been fun and it does make the weeks roll by a bit faster. It is a lot less difficult than the earlier levels, we are doing a lot more conversation now.

Al is here now, and says 'hi' another one of his words.

Better get HIM2 Q 1 In BEd.2.2.. .

love delllllllkoj by14rtyf

Wow Deb, that is cold. i thought it was cold here today, its only 19 with showers - crazy melbourne weather LOL I hope Al gets into to other centre and before bubs comes. Al is developing fab with his speech, Dion is still just grunting LOL>

Brooke, how hot is that, hard with Maya hey, they just want to explore. Hows the wedding prep??

We went to a BBQ my sis organised. I am pottering around the kitchen helping out ( the first time she's really entertained) And the new bf of one of her gf, comes and asks me if Im her mum..... wasnt sure how to fell, and the poor fella was soooo embarrassed when I said" no her sis" I mean she's 25, I am coming up to 35 in 2 weeks, so I'd have to be 10 when I had hwe. Now is that a compliment coz Im so "motherly" or was he telling me Im looking a bit ragged???? :biggrin:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast