Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #4

Hi gals,

No teeth here. And not looking like anytime soon either. I have both mine and DHs baby books and I got teeth at 9 months and DH never got them until 14 months!! So Pup might be a late starter like his dad.

Did I mention that we are really rolling now! God, you wait all that time and they nearly do it and you hoipe and hope that they can do it, and then you wish that they would stop!! LOL. Changing nappies is now a battle of wills between me and him and I now go armed with a couple of things to distract him from either playing with himself (and getting cream all over his hands) or rolling to get the nappy wipes. Sigh... Just wait till he is sitting up! God help us.

Heather! Great to see you back. When you've got a chance, can you PM me with your postal details so I can send you a cheque for you to get those knee protectors when you've got a chance. Ta. Good to hear that Hendy likes the pool. As an ex competitive swimmer and waterpolo player, I like to hear of kids learning to swim =D> . Hope your brother is ok, but I can understand how cross with him you are. How old is he??

Kate, Pup is really only having big bf in the morning and at night and the other 3 feeds seems like a chore than anything else (to him, not me!). I am secretly wondering if this might be the beginning of the end of BFing my boy - I hope not - but I am expressing after each day feed just to make sure he has got it all and to keep my milk up. Pain in the bum though. As for solids, I am still mainly on the rice cereal, although i've just bought toe 6+ month one which is rice, soya and corn. I mix it with either EBM, bnoiled water or a combination of both and usually put in pureed apples or pears. So far, Pup is having only 1 major feed a day (at about 1.30pm), but in the past few days, I have been giving him either baby jelly or straight apples or pears at about 5pm mainly because it has been so hot, but also because he "looks" like his wants seomthing then. I don't have another MCHN visit until Feb 2nd, so I'm unsure when to/how to introduce extra feeds. Some days Pup eats quite well (he eats about 1/3 cup in one go) and then other days, it is a real struggle to get it into him and he might only eat 3 tablespoons. I thought that you stay on one feed/day until they are eating a certain amount (? whatever that is?) regularly.

Beckles, sorry to hear that Oscar is still sick. Pup hasn't been sick (yet....) but I can imagine how traumatic it can be for the mum! Actually, I noticed that Pup had a snuffly nose the other day (maybe from the evaporative air cooler???) and was waiting for it to become a full on cold or something, but thankfully it hasn't progessed to anything..Phew!

Hi to everyone else.

Hayseed

Hay, you introduce another feed if they look hungry, once you start solids, they should be on 3 feeds within a few weeks. I know what you mean about the bF, its just the age though, when they are sleepy or starving ( morning and night ) they feed really well, but theres so much to see and do at the other feeds. dion is s bugger too, I feed lying down on the bed sometimes to lesson the distractions, Keep it up, it will get easier again soon!!! Just wait , sitting up is not too bad, but Rianna most of the time has her nappy changed standing up, as the fight to get her to lie down takes twice as long!~!!!

Kate, they need some sort of cereal every day for the fibre and iron. Dion wont eat baby cereal, so has 1/2 a weetbix with fruit.

Heather, yeah for the swimming, Dion has been a few times, and loves it too, will start his swimming lessons soon.

OOPsie double post

soz double post

hi guys

brooke yes there is pros and cons for immunisations of course. the research we have done from several different sources states that 95% of immunisations contain thimerosal which can increase the risk of autism. also having 'all in one' injections can overload the immune system. i will immunise oscar but selectively and seperatly with greater time between each one and i will not start until he is at least 1 year old so that his immune system is more developed and can cope better. i will not be giving hep B (the only reason they introduced this to babys is because they cannot 'make' at risk adults have the injection) until he is starting kinder, he will not have tetanus unless he has injured himself and there is a risk of getting tetanus, he won't have the Hib or influenza as i don't think it is necessary or chicken pox , he will have diptheria and pertussis, inactivated polio, pneumococcal and i am still researching MMR, but he would have them separetly if he had them at all but these ones scare me the most! i know i am different with my beliefs on this and i really do respect all of your choices to immunise. i am just stating what we are doing. i hope i don't step on any toes.

heather welcome back. hope your bro is ok .

bel, gemma and kate whats going on any little bubbas in tummys yet?

vanita crawling nearly? already? wow.

fletch hope you and zane are ok.

well we had a day at the zoo today. lovely. all the boys loved it. i love the zoo. oscar's ear is improving i think but i will still take him back to the dr tomorrow. i have upped my vit C to 1gram morning and night to try and help him fight it - hoping it will go through to his milk.

hi to everyone else.

love beckles

puter is crazy 8-[

hi guys

brooke yes there is pros and cons for immunisations of course. the research we have done from several different sources states that 95% of immunisations contain thimerosal which can increase the risk of autism. also having 'all in one' injections can overload the immune system. i will immunise oscar but selectively and seperatly with greater time between each one and i will not start until he is at least 1 year old so that his immune system is more developed and can cope better. i will not be giving hep B (the only reason they introduced this to babys is because they cannot 'make' at risk adults have the injection) until he is starting kinder, he will not have tetanus unless he has injured himself and there is a risk of getting tetanus, he won't have the Hib or influenza as i don't think it is necessary or chicken pox , he will have diptheria and pertussis, inactivated polio, pneumococcal and i am still researching MMR, but he would have them separetly if he had them at all but these ones scare me the most! i know i am different with my beliefs on this and i really do respect all of your choices to immunise. i am just stating what we are doing. i hope i don't step on any toes.

heather welcome back. hope your bro is ok .

bel, gemma and kate whats going on any little bubbas in tummys yet?

vanita crawling nearly? already? wow.

fletch hope you and zane are ok.

well we had a day at the zoo today. lovely. all the boys loved it. i love the zoo. oscar's ear is improving i think but i will still take him back to the dr tomorrow. i have upped my vit C to 1gram morning and night to try and help him fight it - hoping it will go through to his milk.

hi to everyone else.

love beckles

WTF with all the posts!

Hayseed - i just emailed you my address - I cant PM!

Stormi Guest

Hi all,

Just a quick post as am taking Riley to his speech therapy soon. Been pretty busy this end with the school holidays.

Kenzie finally had her 6 month immunisations yesterday LOL, only about 6 weeks late. Well she had her first immunisations a bit late too so sort of just followed on from that. She got weighed and everything and she's 67.5cm long and about 8.4 kgs. She has two teeth now, too. They came up unexpectedly, no really noticeable teething symptoms! I looked in her mouth one day and saw one, then the next morning she was grizzly a little bit and I thought that tooth was probably still a bit sore around the gum, but then that arvo I checked and the other bottom tooth was through! I didn't expect her to get any yet as both my boys got their first tooth at 8.5 months so thought she'd be the same. She's trying really hard to crawl but gets really frustrated at it, especially when she ends up making herself go backwards and further away from whatever she's after.

She has this obsession with magazines. She got hold of one and was so excited about it, then she started eating it so I took it off her and she had a tantrum! She started screaming and crying so I handed it back to her and she stopped crying immediately!

Better dash, will catch up with personals later.

Heather - you can't PM anymore unless you are a platinum member. I tried to PM Kate about my business website and it said I wasn't allowed to PM and I thought I was in trouble, I thought BB might have thought I was trying to solicit business or something LOL. Then I read somewhere about needing to be a platinum member.

Going to check out all the bubs webpages later, I love looking at all the photos of the bubs. I love the new website I got for Makenzie, I have tons of photos on it already and have only used about 3% of what I can, so you can have heaps of photos on it, better than Babies Online, and I don't have to fiddle around resizing the photos first.

TTFN

kate isn't it around 9-10 days after o that the eggy implants? so maybe CD 46??????? i think?

kids calling i'll be back
    beckles

Hey guys

Kate - i think beckles is right with the 9-10 days but can anywhere up to 14 days or so for the HCG to be strong enough for the test. I love to hear about your TTC journey. We have already been through so much together in this group that im sure everyone is thrilled to be able to take this journey with you again. Im jealous actually i so loved being pregnant but i dont think the next will be coming along for a few years so ill just have to live it through you guys.

Brooke - you are such a love. You obviously have such an open compassionate soul and will make such a good social worker. My bro is 28 this year but has quite a few probs relating to his childhood as he was sexually abused by a relative and has never dealt with it except by abusing drugs and alcohol. Anyway he is my big bro and my best friend and while im so angry at him i also feel so deeply sorry for him. I hope that this accident might bring about a few changes??

xx

just locking this girls

Love

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345