Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #7

Mel, thats great that you got a dress wow size 8 ( I havent been a size 8 ladies, except when I was about 12 yrs old LOL)
    Dion has fold down sox, ( some are blue with trucks n things, so def boys!!!)

Hey Brooke I think youre very smart, to get more qualifications but with very little "school" time, wtg on using what you have for RPL's.

Gemma, was going to go to the show today, but DH has gone to help someone move house today, and we have to go to the gembrook show this arvo, to support a friend, whom has just started a new venture.
    ROTFLMAO at the projectile poo!!! Dion is the only one to ever do that to me ( which he did at a few weeks old, so no smell either, just very unexpected!!!)

Bel, yes it sounds like a reaction to the medication, what did the Dr say??? and are you able to fly on Sunday???

Dion has been the best kisser , started at about 3 months, doesnt tongue, just opens his mouth and goes straight for my mouth, so cute!!!!

Congrats Zane on the Toofie peg!~!!!

Dion got his first toof thursday, and his second today!! Bottom right, and top right!!!, dont need to buy him dentures after all LOL, didnt seem to bother him overmuch. Had his 6 month injections yesterday, and has been a bit grumpy since ( has had them all late as they didnt want to give them at first coz of his chest!!

belmarks Guest

WTG Zane and WTG Dion too. They'll be able to eat steak now!! tee he he!

Coby is doing well, he's getting better after his cold and ear infection. I think he's finally feeling better, he seems much more like his old self now, thank goodness!!

We are off to Melbourne tomorrow morning for the Commonwealth Games, should be good, a nice break away. I've never been to Melbourne before, so it will be nice to visit. Any tips on where to go from you locals??

Like anywhere the zoo, and the aquarium are great. How long are you staying, are you seeing much of the games???

We are just going to the gymnastics on Friday, the girls went with my mum and dad on thursday.

If you feel like travelling phillip island fairy penguin parade is fab!!!

Glad Coby is better ( thought he should be LOL) hows his rash???

Hi everyone,

We are well here. Keeping very busy. I am spending all my spare time (ie when Al is asleep) studying for this Danish course. There seems to be one exam after another at this stage. Next one is on Wednesday so I am hitting the books again this weekend. DH is working all weekend day and night too.

Luckily, Al is fab. Still commando crawling, trying to stand and walk, no new teeth still just the bottom two, no real words and he hasn't found his willy yet! LOL. He's a real joy to be with, he loves music and has lots of musical toys that he prefers to play with. We also have a piano which he bangs on everyday.

We have started spending a half an hour each day at the infants playground across the road. Usually we are on the swings and on the mini-fort there. He loves it. There is still snow around but its getting warmer (not minus anymore)and more springlike finally, so its easier to stay outdoors for longer. There are usually lots of kids around so it nice for him to see some other faces and good for me to practise my Danish on some little ones who don't speak english.

We had a babysitter on Thursday and went to see The Proposition (by Nick Cave). It was very bloody and violent but cult classic stuff. Al was as good as gold for the babysitter so she has agreed to come and do it more often, which is great. She is a young Aussie girl I go to school with so its all good.

Better get back to the study. Will be back online as soon as I can.

Kisses all round to those gorgeous munchkins and hugs to the mummas

Hi girls,

we are back from our holiday to Kangaroo Island. So much has been going on...there is no way I can respond, so I'll just start from here!!

Holiday was great, but ended up doing a bit more driving than I would have liked and poor Pup was getting heartily sick of the car seat. But he was exceptionally good seeing as he didn't really have a routine as such while away.

He had his first visit to the beach while in KI - wasn't too thrilled about the experience neither! It was a windy day and there were waves crashing in on the beach. I think the tide was coming n as well and the waves were rushing up the sand towards him. We were on a fairly skinny beach too, so there was no getting away from them. He cried when we put is feet int he water - it was very cold - but he did like playing (and eating!) in the sand.

We are still not crawling - I thought he might while we were away - and still no teeth. As like a few in here (Kelse and Dion), Pup won't touch lumpy food either. Very frustrating, espeically because he won't eat potato either. Makes for a challenging menu. We have stuck to mainly commerical bubby food while away, but I want to get back into homemade stuff now we're back.

I am on about CD40 something and still no sign of AF. I have done a couple of HPT (as recently as yesterday) and only got BFN. Maybe the AF I had (although it was full on) was a freak visit!!?? I just wish AF would show up so we can try again ASAP.

I am still BFing and we have dropped to 3 feeds a day and for some strange reason, Pup has felt the need to wake up int hemiddle of the night (for about the past 3 weeks) for a feed. So in 24hrs, he is getting 4 BFs (but the midday one is quite short). This waking in the night has me a bit stumped. He has slept through since he was 8 weeks old and NOW he decides to have nocturnal adventures. Fortunately, he feeds and then goes straight back down again...so it could be worse.

Well, best go. Loads of unpacking to do....(we had 1 bag each and the rest of the stuff (a CARLOAD) was for Pup!!!)

Hay glad to see you back and its good that you had a nice getaway!!! On Dions first beach visit ( 2 weeks ago) he ate lotsa sand too!! ( loved it though) That would be hard if he doesnt even eat potato. Dions middle of the day feed is pretty shocking too ( do you try to re-feed just before nap, as thats how I get that feed into Dion.) and he sometimes has one at 5 and 8 pm. I would say thats why you are having nocturnal visits. Have you tried increasing the solids intake ??? Dion will have 2 tins at dinner time now.

Hi there guys, update from me.....
    had MHN visit today and glory be Dion put on a whole 40 gms this month - hey dont overdo it boy LOL~!!!!
    Toofies are a bothering him today, so DH has been generous enough to lie down and "help" Dion to have a nap ( of course Dh has joined in :shock: ) really fair considering Im the one that has to stay awake for 24 hrs + !!!! :-k

Hiya Brooke, yup still sleeping Ok most of the time ( thank goodness)
    Kate and Brooke, my girls look more like me, and Dion is the spitting image of daddy.

Kate,

it's funny that your avator Kelse is crawling, but not IRL!!!! They mustn't have avs of preggy girls holding onto babies!!!!!

Brooke, congratulations for maya's 9 months!!
    Hey is anyone else feeling the heading towards one sads?? I am feeling a bit sad at the loss of babyhood, IYKWIM. Dion is crawling, furniture walking, got teeth, feeding himself toast ( not to mention playing with his little fella LOL) and heading on the downwards spiral towards the big 1.
    I wish I could have a couple of more bubbies. If it wasnt for DH's negative attitude towards it, I would continue for another 3-4 . Mad arent I. I mean I like to give my kids the best, and the sheer logistics of car, house, etc etc would probably terrify me, but must be honest. I wouldnt really care. DH's limit was always 3 and we had our "bonus" destiny child, so I shouldnt complain hey.

Anyway sorry for the middle of the night drivel. have a good day all C U

belmarks Guest

Hi chickies, we're back from Melbourne, was a lovely break and very nice to get away - we so desperately needed it.

Kate, thanks for asking about my health etc, I am fine, well not really fine IYKWIM. I go into hospital on 3rd April for a hysteroscopy and a curette and I am hoping [-o< that clears things up. To put it bluntly, I've been bleeding since the 13th January - yes that's right, its not a typo, 13th of JANUARY!! I am sooooo over it, but I am keeping my chin up. Poor DH thinks his throats been cut though IKYWIM :shock: but I am over it too. If I were finished having babies I would just have a hysterectomy and be done with it!!

Vanita, I've had the "getting closer to one year old sads" for a while now, it doesn't seem long enough that they are babies does it, all too soon they become little Mr or Miss independent and its all over with. I was looking at photos of Coby the other night when he was tiny (brand new) and loving how defenceless and helpless he was and just sooo innocent, and I couldn't believe that he was so independent now and that I would never get that time back again. It is soooo addictive having babies I reckon!!

Brooke - go Maya at dancing, they are so funny right now aren't they!! She's gonna be such a little star I reckon. In a few years time we will see her on the new "Young Talent Time" show, singing and dancing up there with Johnny Young (god I used to love that show) he he!!

Well Bel, I hope the hysteroscopy and curette clears things out, getting the room ready for a new one.
    Did you enjoy the games?? What did you see? Did Coby cope Ok with the flight?? Hows his ears now ??? Whats your Hb?? is it being checked?? Are you on iron supplements?? :-k :-k

mama mel Guest

Brooke - That's such a great idea to do the tafe thing and still get a diploma by doing a more manageable amount of work. Ryans a little groover too, also to our dance music. Does she bounce up n down on her bottom when she sits too? Soo cute! Yay for another pedantic poster!!

WTG getting the new teeth Zane & Dion!! Ryan only just started the 1st signs of teething the other day but I'm sure it'll be a while yet before they pop up.

Deb - Glad you're all doing so well. Gee your course sounds grueling! How long does it go for? Do you feel pretty confident speaking with other ppl there yet?

Kate – Hope that book works for Kelsey’s sleeping issues. I haven’t forgotten about that email, just been really busy. Sorry, I’ll send it soon!

Vanita – YES!! I’ve been really clucky for another 1 (or 2!) lately. Which I know is crazy, you prob remember me whining about how much I wanted Ryan’s pg over with at the end and I was happily telling Kelly how I couldn’t wait to get my tubes tied when I was in labour lol, but I would LOVE another baby or 2 around here soon. IKWYM about the material things not meaning as much to you as having more lil ones around although I would like them to go to private schools which we prob couldn’t afford for 3 or more & my DH has also made it clear he doesn’t want anymore. I know mentally and physically I couldn’t handle another pg now but in another year or 2 I’m sure I’ll start convincing DH for more

Oh and thanx for the socks info, I'll stop whipping em off him when the cameras come out now! Was worried I'd get 'what am I wearing??!!" when their older

We've all had a cold for the last few days, just a runny nose n foggy head but the way Ryan's carrying on you'd think he was dying. Typical male!

We went to toddler time at the library today, kids both loved it. Ryan's such a social butterfly, waved & smiled at everyone when we walked in & had to sit right in the middle of the rest of the kids with Adara. They're so funny, he grabbed her hand and sat as close to her as he could and she just tried to get rid of him and be with the other kids. I feel bad for him sometimes, he's already 'the annoying lil bro'
    They did incy wincy spider & Ryan did all the actions too! Everyone laughed at him so of course being the performer he is he brought out the rest of his tricks, clapped his hands saying yay, started dancing, then crawled to every kid and mum he could n waved at em or stood up on their legs and bounced, etc. What a cheeky boy! Adara who's normally really shy came out of her shell and wanted to be with all the kids too and chatted heaps. I think he's gonna help her

belmarks Guest

Hey Mel, I've been thinking about taking Coby to our local library, they have a reading thing with bubs up there, so would you recommend it? Or can I do just as good at home??

Vanita, I really hope this fixes things for a while too, its driving me insane. You asked what's my Hb Im assuming you mean heart beat?? Dunno. If you mean Hormonal Balance, its out as usual. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome (no other side affects other than the cycle irregularities) and no Im not on iron supplements, but I am on a multi vitamin that I decided that I needed. I have some iron supplements in the cupboard, should I take them also?

Games were good, we didn't end up taking Coby, it was my first time away from him as he's never had a sleep over at anyones house. It was hard leaving him, but we made the decision to not take him because he still wasnt 100% and we didn't want him to be in agony on the plane. It was a good break for both my hubby and me, we needed some mummy and daddy time desperately. We saw the hockey and the athletics. I couldn't get over how bloody big the MCG is, its awsome!!

I was soooo glad to get back to Coby, I didn't want to leave him but I think we both needed the break away. I am a new mum now that I've had some time away. I can understand why some people have a night off every month. I was just so adamant that I was going to do it all myself, and never accepted offers to look after him, afterall, he is my responsibility, but I think him going to other people is good for both of us, he likes to go to nanna and grandpa's and DH and I really need some time to ourselves every now and again. We've got this friend who leaves their daughter at least 2-3 times per week with her parents, and I think that put me off leaving him, I just don't think its the right thing to do, they are your responsibility, but now that I've left him once, I know I can do it again, but believe me, I won't be rushing to do it. Maybe once every couple of months will be nice, just for a night off and a sleep in!!

Bel, was meaning haemoglobin ( red blood cells ) they go down if you are anaemic and iron supplements help this, I would have thought since you have been bleeding so long the Dr would have tested for these things ( one of the first things we test) Sorry for firing questions at you like that, but was just a wondering.... IKWYM about time out. Kelly has an article on the main site about "mummy sickies!!" i think its fabulous, but honestly cant remember leaving the kids if not working or a wedding, sad hey!!!

Mel, Ryan sounds soooo advanced Dion doesnt do any of that. Maybe a jiggle, but no incy wincy ( though he does tail after Rianna driving her nuts sometimes!!!)

belmarks Guest

I have no idea what my heamoglobin levels would be. My Dr probably figures no point in testing as its the same old same old for me. This sort of thing isn't uncommon for me, although now that I've had a baby they are thinking that I might have some retained placenta and that is why they are going in for a look. I really hope and pray that this fixes my problems. I had a curette before I fell pregnant with Coby, perhaps that will do the trick this time too, although, Im quite happy if I only ever have Coby, he was our miracle O

I hope so too, never know this could be just the thing
    Every child is a miracle to behold arent they!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast