Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #7

Brooke, I am so happy to hear that you have made a decision, and that its right for you and your family, the relief expressed in your post tells me how right it is for you!!!!

*hugs* for being sick, and Maya too, how have you gone at the gp's?? Is she on anti's ?? hope you both feel better soon.

mama mel Guest

Deb - Goodluck for the test! I can't believe you're able to do it all! =D> Al for going to the loo! :shock: I can't believe these babies! Hopefully they can teach Adara soon lol. I massage Ryan about every 2nd day, he loves it.

Brooke - Wow, sounds like you've had a whole lot on your plate lately. I'm so glad you're able to put things off until things will be easier for you.

Kate - What a beautiful name Your kids are so lucky with so many of them around the same age! Of course I'm happy Ryan's doing well but sometimes I really wish he'd stop n smell the roses a bit.. it's really hard to feed him, he just jumps off my lap n starts jumping on the couch n he's a crap sleeper. He goes through phases, from very active to well, hyper. Sounds horrible of me doesn't it? I know I shouldnt' complain.. He's beautiful, but he's a bundle of energy n it can be taxing at times.

Anyway, I'm just wasting time.. Waiting for bedtime n don't really want to wash the dishes but I better go...

belmarks Guest

Hi girls, just popping in quickly.

Brooke, Im so glad that you came to a decision that you are happy with. It must be a massive weight off your shoulders. You poor little chook, just take it easy now and know that you don't have to fret leaving Maya anymore. She is far more important than some silly prac that you can defer....and so is your health (far more important I mean).

Deb good luck with test!! WTG Al on the toilet, little champ!!

Coby is going ok, he's had that horrible cold which still hasn't shifted, and now the poor bubba's got diarrhea. I think its from the antibiotics, so we stopped them and I think its finally easing now. Poor little man.... He's pulling himself up on EVERYTHING, its so annoying!! Gotta be right there otherwise he falls and hurts himself. He's still hooning around in his walker, I think he's getting faster as the days go by, I think he's either gonna be a formula 1 driver, or a smash 'em up derby driver!!

Yay passed my test! Fluked it. Had a trying day. Actually its been really tough the last few weeks with DH MIA. He is working all the time so its me and Al by ourselves. Anyway Al is loving standing up, trouble is I need to help him as he can't do it alone. So I spent most of the day helping him to stand as he would be upset if i left him on the floor!!

Kate - is this a wonderweek by any chance? 9 weeks preggers already Kate! Its just going to go by so quickly, isn't it? Happy 8 months for Kelsey!! \/ do you celebrate it?

We had the MCHN come today. Al is 8.6kgs. She checked his hearing and general responsiveness and he is fine. But reckons he needs to cut down on his milk to 500 mls a day (currently on 600) - he just gave her a dirty look and seemed to look over at me and say 'fat chance' - so we'll work on that! :-)

Brooke -poor little Maya. Get well soon bubby! Good that you can be with her now she needs your love and attention and not at your prac. Great to hear you've made the decision thats best for you all there with regard to that.

I tried Al on the dunny again today but no luck.. Half an hour later did it in his nappy. So not sure how this is supposed to work really. Beckles, How do you manage it?

Hi Mel and Bel and Vanita!
    Gotta go DH is home...

Just an ultra quick one from me as it is DH's b'day today and I am trying to get a dinner organised for that and also pack up so we can get away on our holiday tomorrow (yay!) at a reasonable hour .

Pup woke up 3 times last night. OMG. I dunno how you girls that still have to get up a few times int he night do it. I'm nearly dead this morning. Pup has been waking once in the middle of the night for the past 2 weeks or so, but I can handle that. He does go straight back to sleep after a quick feed so that's ok. I tried just sticking the dummy in instead of a feed last night - NO WAY. It was just easier to give himthe boob. I think he woke up because he had his head smooshed up against the bars of the cot and when I got him out, he had little red dings in the top of his head.

This has been happening at least once a day during a sleep. If I go in to check and his head is up against the rails, I spin him round and cross my fingers that he don't wake up. I know that you're not supposed to have bumpers or anything in the cot because of suffocation risk, but what can I do?? I've tried putting a couple of smallish stuffed toys in there with him to try and cushion his head, but he generally plays with them and chucks them out of the cot just prior to going to sleep.

Frustrating.

I've been recording in the TTC forum, but just to let you know, that I am getting nowhere with TTC #2 atm. My cycle is up the river atm - I am about CD34 and no sign of AF. And yeah, before you all get too excited, I have done HPTs and they have all come up BFN. Even did one this morning. I guess my cycle is getting back to normal (I definately have had a full on AF 34 days ago), but it is so frustrating when I used to have 28 days smack on and now that I NEED AF to arrive so I can get TTC again........WHERE ARE YOU????

Oh god, I better go or the day will be done and I'll be still doing things at midnight to get ready for tomorrow.

Deb, congrats on the test, fluked or not, well done. Hard when DH is MIA, enjoy your Al and mum time!!!

Happy birthday to DH Hay, and enjoy your holiday!! Hope you got everything happening!!! Baby dreams to you.

Brooke, I hope Maya gets better REAL SOON!!! Its dreadful when they dont understan why they feel so cr*p isnt it?? I hope you get some :sleeping: soon!!!

Kate, yeha on the good sleep. You should have had a sleep yourself!!!! I know what you mean, tidying out Dions too small clothes, and putting in his to grow into clothes are on my weekend list of things to do ( and vaccuum alll the sand out of the car from last weekend!!) Sad when you cant even scoff your twisties LOL

Bel, I hope coby's tum clears up soon!!

mama mel Guest

That's so so wonderful Brooke!!! I'm really happy for you both! Are you thinking about when yet, or just basking in this happiness for now? Can I ask how he proposed? I love these stories Poor lil Maya's in the wars! Sending lots of get well soon, painfree teething & :sleeping: vibes to her!

Bel - Hope Coby gets better soon! Atleast he's still really active.

Deb - WTG passing the test!! Al sounds like he's doing great.

Hayseed - I got a bumper from BabyCo that's supposedly SIDS safe, it's meant to let air flow still or something. I had to, Adara and Ryan would never sleep from 6-12mths old w/out it. Really helps with rolling over in their sleep so legs don't get caught outside, and with head squishs. I would think it'd be safer than toys as you tie it to the cot (and sometimes even stays tied lol). Lots of dust: your way, really hope things work themselves out for you soon. Enjoy your holiday!

I'm going to a wedding tomorrow and still don't have a dress ARGH!!! My fave dress shop closed down everywhere except for 1 store that's not too close to me and I just can't find one I like anywhere else. So, I'm off to the 1 shop they left open with both the kids

Mel, bumma about your fav dress shop being closed ](*,) Its always the way hey?? I just find a really comfy pair of nickers and they stop making them, or a favorite lippy color and again its gone!!!

Well Dion is finallly settling to sleep without wrapping!!! I have to pat his bum for 1 -2 minutes, but thats not too bad!!!! Last 2 nights he has been awake most of the night, dont know why??? Still no signs of teeth. Only started not wrapping yesterday for day sleeps, and so far so good.
    Tahlis is starting to heal, well starting to peel anyway LOL. School, holidays as of today, so have to think of activities now!!!! NOT going to the beach, the pool only!!!!

cazoraz Guest

Hello all - apologies for my irregular and infrequent trips in to this thread - my life is ridiculously busy right now so I only pop in every now & then.

Just wanted to brag that my little girl Lucy is going well with her toilet training, bragging post HERE =D> =D> Thats a load off my mind, no pun intended!

Coleman's physio is going well he is much improved on the tummy time and rolling front and has been creeping around a bit too YAY!

Will hopefully read over the thread and do some personals later, have to go feed some screaming children now. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

xxxCaz

Hi all,

We have been celebrating Al turning 8 months this weekend! DH has been here since Friday and its been heavenely to be a little family again. We were at some markets yesterday and picked up a little second hand wooden wagon for Al, and he loves it. He is stands and holds it and was walking and pushing it around today, with a bit of help! He is definately not ready to go alone yet, but it is so wonderful to see him happy about trying.

Sorry that I don't have time for personals this evening. Just wanted to come in and say hi and all's well. I hope you all have had a great weekend. And that those bubs that have been unwell are on the mend now.

hi mumma's and bubbas

just a quick update. oscar is crawling (comando style) and certainly gets around our 32 square home quickly. so cute.

hope all's well with all
    beckles

Brooke, oh no. Have you tried a humidifier/vaporizer?? What about the vicks on the chest? The cot head raised, or the "shower" steam treatment??? When Dions chest is bad, i sleep upright in a chair with him sorta over my shoulder. He can breathe easier this way.

Beckles, wow wanta trade houses?? Dion keeps me busy enough and we only have 18 squares ( much tooo small for my family, but have to wait a few years to trade up LOL)

I agree is too quiet in here!!!

Caz, am sooo jealous, Rianna is shocking with the training , have tried a few times, but she just pee's everywhere!!! I figure will just wait a little longer, and let her do it herself, but WTG LUCY!!!!!!! Good to hear the physio is helping.

Deb, I think the kids all love those good old wooden wagons, the basic things are sometimes so much more worthwhile than fancy new things hey!! Happy 8 months!!!!

Kate, have you had to move up clothes, or are they just starting to feel constricting??? Come on Kelsey, let mummy have a couple of nights, please.........

Well we are back to wrapping Dion overnight, as he was awake all the time, so I just go in before I go to bed and wrap him ( after he's asleep so he doesnt immediately unwrap ) then he sleeps all night. He has a paed visit on Thurs so will hope to have some answers re his chest, and of course its been really good this week!!! DOH.

Has any other boys mums had any probs with the testes being undescended???? Dions "float" they come down, but go back up again... Dont know at what age this becomes a prob. MHN said he might need an op to secure them down. Will ask the paed on Thurs, but does anyone know at what age its a prob???????

Kate, on my to do list, mmmm all I got done was Dions clothes sorted out ( you inspired me!!) Tahlis is starting to peel for the second time!!! ( and still looks red underneath, so could be a third to come) Everyone else is completely normal?? again LOL

Went to the INDOORS pool on sunday, whole family are water babes so all had a good time, then went to visit MIL, as her exfiancee ( together 10 yrs, broke up 4 months ago)had a stroke, which has obviously affected his mental status, coz he's sending her REALLY nasty emails about money matter from when they were together, so we took a box of chockies and a card over to cheer her up. so that was sunday over!!!

OOOOOh sorry girls I didnt realise the size of this post, will go and do some work hehe

Good luck with it Brooke, ( Dion went swimming at 7 weeks for the first time, now he crawls in and out of the baby pool on his own, big time water lovers here)

Hee hee wealth of info, after 4 kids and with Dions crappy chest we have tried just about everything to help. he may wiggle a bit, but I usually tuck one arm under my armpit, and just get the other waving, I dont look at him or talk, and I pat the bum, rythmically and that seems to do the trick.

There are all strengths and severity of croup, it more discribes what part of the chest is involved.

belmarks Guest

Hi guys, how are you all, sorry no time for personals, just a quick update, things have been REALLY hectic around here.

Coby is STILL sick, although, its something different now, he has a middle ear infection and is making him absolutely miserable I think it was part of his cold before and its just developed into this, its horrible for him. We are supposed to be flying this weekend to Melbourne for the Commonwealth Games, but I don't know whether he'll be able to fly with his ear like that....Dunno what to do, has anyone else had this problem?

Other than that, Coby tried toast for the first time, has also tried Weetbix (which he loves) and avocado and Ginger Nut biscuits which he also really loves, good for the teething cause they are soooo hard! He's still crawling like a commando but getting quicker everyday and is now saying "Mum" all the time.

vanita noooo way am i trading houses. we were in a 14 square house paid it off and then removed the house and re-built on the block. we are in blackburn and property skyrocketed so we wanted to stay.

brooke the quicker maya can handle lumps the better for you, trust me it's so much easier not to have to give pureed food.

kate wow at baby bump yay for you.

caz how much longer do you have to do physio for cole?

deb happy 8 months to Al

bel sorry about poor coby still being sick - hugs

mel how did your wedding go did you find a spiffy frock

hay how are you and pup?

we are all well here, school hols so nice and relaxing. the kids are playing well together, including osky, the boys drag him around from room to room including him in their game. he is usually the sniper, creeping around! i am walking around 3-6 kms a day and am feeling fit and healthy, (although yesterday i walked 8ks).

mwa to mummas and bubba
    beckles

beckles, yet again I turn green with envy!!! I have had 5 hrs sleep, and am well and truelly up now! DOH, I should go for a walk ( couldnt do 8 kms, be dead!!!)

Mel, did you find a dress???

Hay are you, DH and pup having a fabulous holiday?? Dont know if you'll be in before you get home, but if you do, have a great one!!!!

Bel, sorry Coby has an ear infection I hate ear infections, the kids are sooo miserable. Never had to consider flying though, call your gp and ask his advice about it, when are you supposed to go, and how long will Coby have been on antis???

Yeah, my post baby belly has gone, its hidden underneath all the extra fat and skin hanging there LOL
    WTG on losing the weight Brooke!!!

belmarks Guest

Vanita, Coby has had the ear infection since Sunday, antibiotics started yesterday (monday) and we are flying at midday on Sunday, what do you think?? Is it ok for him to fly?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast