Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in July 2005 #9

Ok guys - im back!!! For a short time anyway!

Well i havent had a chance to read your posts but love to you all (ill catch up as soon as possible).

We have bought a new 3 bed house and move in hopefully on Friday. We fell in love with it as soon as we walked in and won at auction. Very stressful but wonderful once we got it.

As for me and my boy.....
    He has six teeth and got the last four in the past month so as for sleeping at night....that hasnt been happening, waking between 1-4 times a night. I hope that once we move into our new home (and out of mum and dads) we can get back into some kind of routine.

He talks lots and lots his favourite saying is 'whatsthat" or "whosthat". He also says bye bye, hello, up, and also ass (opps that was my brothers influence and we are trying to extinguish that saying).

He started crawling at 9 months. He never commando crawled just got up on all fours and started crawling he then at 9.5 months started pulling up on furniture.

His favourite food at the moment is apple. A whole apple eaten as we would eat it entertains him for a good 20 mins.

Anyway Hendy's getting into somehting he shouldnt.

Be back

xx

Heather! Glad to see you back. God, Hendy sounds like he is going great guns. Well done little man! I think it is great to hear that some of the bubs are talking now...although Maya has been doing it for ages, the little star!! . Pup hasn't utter a word yet. Not even mum or dad! Maybe he can't get a word in between his dad and me!! But all too soon it will happen, I'm sure.

I didn't mention to you all the other day when I flew on here, that my SIL had a little baby boy the other day. 8lb on the knocker. Not a stitch and no drugs, so good on her!! Her first baby and pre baby, was the most un-maternal person you could think of. Not unladylike, just unmaternal. But isn't it amazing how their whole demeanour changes in that instant of having ababy. She looked so natural and comfortable with him when i went to visit. They are supposed to be going home today, but I think it could be delayed a day because the little tyke has a bit of jaundice. Ntohing that a few frequent feeds and a dose of sunlight or phototherapy bed won't fix though!

I am quite excited by this baby, as I have no brothers or sisters so I will only ever be an aunty via marriage. And my other SIL already had her kids before I was on the scene and now has finished her family. So this is my "first" nephhew!! (so to speak!)

Kate, how wonderful that Dh felt bubs move its always very special isnt it, makes it real for the fellas. Hope Dr is wrong, and thaat Kels doesnt come down with the bug, bumma at having to miss your meet up with your sis. LOL Kate, Padded room for my boy. Dion doesnt spit, but blows raspberries in his food when he's had enough. Yuck.

Brooke, I understand completely about being un willing to put Maya into daycare, but as Kate said, have you tried lying beside without touching, or only an arm, than a hand etc. When unwell Dion likes to be held to sleep, but when Ok will go down by himself, if upset, I always try the hand through the cot 1st, then progress to being held if that isnt working. Its so hard isnt it, always trying to do the best for both you and Maya without compromising your beliefs... Glad the sleeping bag is working ATM. Hey i figure out of 4 kids, wil be lucky if only 1 is a lil accident prone. It will be hard if your nanna needs to come live with you, hopefully they will rehab her properly and get her up and moving freely and fully able to resume her life where it left off.

Heather glad to hear from you, congrats on the house. Is apple ok to eat now?? Dion keeps stealing the girls and having a munch, i dont panic, but I usually take it off him, I wasnt sure.Dion only says mumumum and thats it? :shock: WTG Hendy!!!!

Hay, thats good about not needing an IT to fix the prob. How exciting on becomming an Auntie, I despair of it ever happening to me. My Brother and my SIL have 2 kids, but they are greek and live near her parents, and are immersed in the family over there, so we dont get "seen" very often. None of the other siblings have taken the plunge. It will be great for pup to have another little fella to play with.

Bel, yippee, for getting Cobt "detached" LOL Yeah Dion screamed "that" scream, its a spine chilling one, where you straight away know someones hurt. Go for it, get the look down ( its really good to use on the kids in public too!!!)

Hi to everyone else. Dion has learnt how to clap this week and now wont stop LOL..

Hi everyone,

Lovely to read your posts and hear about your wonderful babies and all things. I'm a big slacker I know, but feeling a bit washed out cos AF arrived today and don't really feel like writing too much. Just went to my mothers group with triple chcocolate brownies in hand (see Recipes area of this site) and was very popular! I now feel comatose.

Anyways - this coming month we will -seriously- start with the TTC. Fingers crossed.

hugs to all

Awww deb, big hugs to you too, its hard sometimes to feel bright in life, we all love you - go away AF
    All the best for the TTC journey, may she be short and painless.
    hugs again

Aww Deb, sorry about the witch arriving. My fingers are crossed for conception in two weeks time!

Hi girls,

Yesterday afternoon I peeked into Pup's room to see if he was still asleep (arvo nap) and here he was standing up in his cot looking out the window,. Sounds lovely, except that our cot has 2 height settings (most prob do) and his was still on the highest setting. Added to this, we have a blanket under the cot to "prop" it up a bit to get an angle (from when I thought he had reflux...he didn't, but kept mattress raised). Anyway, this meant that the rails of the cot only came up to Pup's waist. Very eay for his to tip out.

Needless to say, the cot was lowered for his sleep last night!

And then, I had to feed him at about 4am this morning and I forgot to put the side up after putting him back down ](*,) . When I walked in this morning, here he was on his knees looking over the side of the cot that was down! Jeez.....

Kate, yeah SIL does live very close. Actually, all of DH's siblings live within 5 minutes of us.

Hi all,

just thought I'd bring you up to date with us. It's been a while since I posted last, but I still try to read what everyone is up to.

Blake is now 10 months old and very active. He's been crawling for... ummm let me get his book!... since 16/2.. so 2.5 months and is a very speedy boy. He's been standing and cruising around furniture just over a month, and this morning he stood by himself for about 3 seconds before he came crashing back to earth! He's a very busy boy.

He eats LOTS and this nothing of having a couple of pieces of broccoli and carrot, or avocado and tomato, 1 piece of bread made into little triangle sandwiches, a bit of casserole type food or jar stuff if we're out and then some yoghurt for lunch or dinner! Hmm it does sound a lot on paper! LOL

I took him to the MCHN last week just to check his weight and he was 10.58kg at a week before 10 months.

He's got 6 teeth and two more are about pop.

He's still not sleeping through the night ](*,) , and would much rather have some time with Mummy during the night than not! I'm sure one day he'll grow out of it.

Some days he'll have one big 2.5-3 hour sleep and other days he'll have two smaller ones.

We're still talking about TTC #3 and would have tried this month (first time I've readly had AF and also been ovulating since Blake was born) however DH was interstate with work so that didn't happen! :fuming:

We had our first major drama on Sunday when Blake had what looked like a bite on his arm. I put some bite gel on it, and also drew around it to 'record' the size so I could work out if it got worse. Well I checked it 2.5 hours later and that one had gone but there were 3 more on his arms so we left our friends house in case he had something contagious and took him to the medical centre. It seems he has Hives - big nasty red blotches which are probably due to an allergic reaction to food, grass, pollens, or even a virus - they couldn't tell us. Fortunately it's not affecting him and it's not itchy although they are quite hot to touch, but go down after about 3 hours. He flared up again Monday evening and I raced him to our doctor as his temp was also 39.8. My doc confirmed it was Hives and said to just keep doing what we were doing and keep him on an antihistamine until they went. So far, so good as he hasn't had any since. Guess it's something we'll just have to keep an eye on. :-k

Glad to see everyone else is doing well.

Take care.
    xx

Hugs to you and Maya, Brooke. I saw your other post but just want to spread a little more love around for you and your girl. xx

mama mel Guest

Hi everyone,

I'll be back to post later but I just wanted to pop in quickly to let you know I'm about to send you all an email to vote for Ryan in a baby photo comp. I hope you don't mind! I need all the help I can get, another baby came in all of a sudden & is mysteriously getting 100+ votes a day & he slipped from 1st to 3rd

Anyway, back soon......

belmarks Guest

Hi Mel, what competition is it? I'll vote for him!!

Hi to everyone else, Im sorry for not doing personals - I really feel slack doing it, but I just don't have much time at the mo, Coby is really sick with another cold, I minded my friends baby on Tuesday and she had a cold and lo and behold, Coby has come down with it. Im so sick of him being sick. Im just going to tell people that if they are sick or their children are sick, please don't come around us. Coby's immune system must be running low so he's catching everything. aaarrrgghhhh!

Anyway, he'll be right soon enough I guess.

Hope the rest of you are going well.

Brooke - is Maya ok?

Hi girls, Am feeling a lot better today. Had a dreadful headache that I couldn't shake the whole day yesterday...grrrrr AF!!! But the sun is shining and its getting warmer here, so its not all bad :-)

Thanks for the hugs Vanita and Heather. I hope this is the last AF for a while! But who knows? Maybe Al was just luck! We are so happy with him, my god! The love!!!! We are so in love with him!

Brooke - I feel for you darl. I hope little Maya is okay too. Gosh, they are so quick now, it is difficult to predict what trouble they are heading for next! She will know what HOT means now, when you tell her! Probably a good but difficult lesson to learn early on. Especially with winter around the corner for you.

Heather - congratulations on the new house! Are you still in the Eastern suburbs or was it Annandale area you were thinking to move into? It must have been enormously stressful at auction time. Have the house prices evened out a bit now, or is it still ridiculously expensive? Great that Hendy is doing so well. when you give him the apple, do you core it beforehand? I have tried giving Al a whole pear, but he wants to eat it all at once (including the core), so I am giving him pieces still.

Kate - I hope you're back on track now - that gastro would have been an awful fright for you. Lets hope Kelsey keeps it at bay. Great that the pregnancy is approaching halfway! God is time flying!!

I am already thinking about Al's first birthday party!! What type of cake, what he will get, should I be trying to teach him to blow out a candle already? PMSL!

Hayseed - great that Thomas managed to stay in the cot given he had a chance to escape. He must be happy there!

Wardygirl (Rachel? - sorry memory lapse!) - great to hear Blake is sprouting teeth and growing into a big boy. the hives sound nasty, have you any clues about what could have casued it? any new foods??

Love to all...

ps The April edition of Al's site is updated, hope you enjoy it.

***********This mail is from HAYSEED who was having trouble posting it*****************

Mel, let us know the place to vote.

Who asked if Pup could see the cows from his cot? Brooke? Nah, he can't. Just the driveway, but it was obviously something different for him as when he is in his cot, he normally can't see directly out the window.

We have mothers group tomorrow. We have been going to a cafe every month, but from tomorrow, we are going to share it around our houses as the bubs are so mobile now, it is hard to confine them in a shop. It was ok when they were babes in arms. Our mum's group is very good, but maybe it's a country thing, where most people know each other anyway. Most of the group went through antenatal classes together too.

Ohhh, I'm making heaps of spelling mistakes...It is taking me ages to go back and correct. Must be time for bed. Calves to feed in the morning.

I would be happy to vote too Mel...is it an internet thing?

belmarks Guest

Talking

Hi girls, just wanted to quickly jump in here to add that Coby is now the world record holder for the largest vomit done by a 10 (almost 11) month old!

Yep, it was a beauty!! Luckily though it was in the bathroom, but it was in the vanity/basin area, all over the floor, up the walls, between the door jam, into the toilet (room) out into the hallway, into the main part of the bathroom, up the walls there too, aaahhh it was a beauty!! Im sure he felt better afterwards....

Hope you are all having a great day.....

Yuk!! Hope he's ok now though.

Pup was sick for the forst time ever yesterday. Had a temp of 38 for most of the day and I ended up giving panadol which bought it down. He was so sick and miserable, that we didn't even go to mums group, which is a shame as we only have it once a month. Oh well.

He's fine today, so not sure what it was. He wasn't vomity or anything...just the temp and general yukkiness.

Oh and to let you all know, that Pup is 10 months today!!! Yay.

Hay: Woo Hoo for pup being 10 months old. Glad to hear he's feeling better today.

Bel: Ewww! for Coby having an amazing spew! Blake's chucked a few times, but NOTHING like Coby's effort. Do you know what brought it on?

Deb: we have no idea what brought on Blake's hives. Can't put it down to any specific food or environment. Fortunately he only had them for a couple of days and they've stopped so we've stopped giving him anti-histamine.

Unfortunately he's got a runny nose again. Even with Dimetapp he's so snotty (sorry for the TMI). We were supposed to go out for lunch yesterday but I had to leave him at home with DH as there were other kids there and I didn't want them getting it too. I was kinda nice for me not to have to run around after him so I really had a good time.

Not much other news. My DD's wrist is doing ok and she had her first lesson since we thought she's fractured it. Not sure if I mentioned earlier; she took a nasty fall 10 days ago at roller skating adn we thought she'd broken her wrist. Went for xrays but they couldn't see a break which was good. Very trying all the same as it happened at 5pm when DH was interstate with work. Fortunately we got through A&E quickly and Blake was very well behaved.

Hi to everyone who I haven't mentioned in my v.brief personals.

take care.
    x

cazoraz Guest

Hello all - long time no see! I have been on fulltime teaching rounds over the last 4-5wks so have barely been online at all, I missed it!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi, hope you & all you rbubbas are doing well. I cant believe our babies are almost a year old already, gees thats come about fast!

I'll have a read up and see who's doing what and come back in later for a longer post.

Cheers
    xxxCaz

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast