Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #8

RoyalUK- I know what your talking about, Charlotte is not self settling and needs a b/f to go to sleep, we are feeding about 10 times in 24 hours. Also Charlotte has gone off food too. GRRRRRRR. I hope Sarina will start eating for you soon

Fee Guest

Some new things he has been doing lately. He makes a clicking noise with his tongue and sort of pokes it out into his lower lip. Looks funny. He also "dances" now. Whenever there is music and singing on TV he will bob up and down when standing. He can also bob up and down while sitting too and this looks very cute. Sometimes we say "dance, Cooper, dance" and he will bounce away.

Kelly – Cooper is wearing size 0 at the moment. Although I find that some things are a tiny bit too big. Pants are usually a bit long. Even some clothes I have from the same place are different. For example Cooper has two size 0 shirts from Cotton On Kids. One fits perfectly and the other is slightly too big. Weird!

Sorry to hear Charlotte is not eating much again. I don't think you should worry too much though? A lot of babies don't seem to be eating that much at this age. Even babies who were eating well are going off their food! A lot that I know anyway.

Cooper is just starting to eat better again. He eats probably about ½ to Ύ cup of food each meal. For a while he barely ate anything!

Mads – What a strange thing for that later to say to you about Freya being prem. I wouldn't be impressed either! How rude.

Roya – Sorry to hear Sarina is not well. I hope her ear infection clears up soon. Oh and AF has arrived! Is that good?!

WHERE ARE YOU ALL??????????????????????

Not much happening here, Charlotte is starting to pull her self up. Also when will kiss you when you ask for one, so cute, but is it is an open mouth kiss with the tounge out. lol.
    She is still waking heaps through the night about 3 times, grrrrr i think she may be teething again, on the bonjela normally works 1 out of the 3 times and the other 2 times i have to feed her back to sleep. Sometimes I just don't know how i make it through the day.
    I got Austar (foxtel) today, well i have orded it today we get it in about 2 weeks.

Fraser Guest

Charlie is sick again I don't know what I am doing wrong - he is all blocked up - I had to buy a humidifier today because he woke so many times last night because of his blocked nose....

I keep him warm during the day - he dribbles a lot and gets his top wet through really quickly - we have about 5 costume changes a day!

oh ggrrrrrrr I just feel like I've lost it again -was so on control for ages and now he's allergic to peanuts and constantly snotty!

hi everyone...... sorry - self involved blurb there

em- , you are doing a wonderful job with Charli.

I have just had the worst night with Charlotte, She went down good just after 8 then was up at 10, then at 11 till about 12:45, then at 4 and then she was up at 7:30am. I have no idea whats wrong, I think she is jungry as the only was i can get her back to sleep is by feeding her. So now I am question my milk supply. GRRRRRR Tim thinks i should give her a bottle at night, and see if that helps.
    Its all just getting to me, Charlotte not eating, sleeping or gaining weight.

mumof2beauties Guest

Hi all

Em - A humidifier is the best investment!!! We bought one when our 2nd daughter was tiny and ended up with croup. It comes out now whenever any of them have a snotty nose of a cough. Works wonders in helping them to sleep especially if you are still feeding during the night.

Ky has a cold...again!! We seem to have a couple of snot free weeks and then it starts all over....funny though cause neither of my girls have a cold. I hear what you are saying Mads about the breastfeeding...that is one of the reasons I persisted with it, thinking he wouldn't catch as many bugs (yeah right!!)

Still up 3 times a night with him, and it is starting to wear me down. After 9 1/2 months of little sleep, my body is starting to feel it.

Had a run in with my daughters teacher yesterday so that doesn't help. You would not believe the way she spoke to her (in front of everybody) about something that had happened the day before that my daughter had nothing to do with, but just happened to be nearby. My poor girl was shaking in her boots. It really tugs at your heartstrings!!! Oh well the Principal soon heard from my husband, and the teacher was very apologetic that afternoon!!! Too late as far as I was concerned.

Are any of you back off to work soon? I think my hubby is hinting that way, but I are resisting... I only used to work 2 shifts per week, but there is so much to organise with the 3 kids that it hardly seems worth it. Plus Ky will not drink EBM, milk, formula or anything so I guess I can use that as my excuse for now.

Have a great Mothers Day tomorrow...most of you it is your first, so put your feet up and relax!!!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

I hope eveyone has a wonderful day

Madison and Charlotte got me some new pj's, Elmo and Care Bears ( madison choose them)

We have a busy day, off to see my step mum for lunch and then see my mum for dinner,as we seen Tim's mum last night.

Fee Guest

Hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day. We had all the family over at our house for lunch which was fun. Sort of felt like any other day though!!! I got a few things from Mark and Cooper – some of my favourite lollies and Lipsmackers and a voucher for a massage.

Mads – I had to laugh about Freya breaking the plate and then the poo etc. Poor Justin!

Kelly – How's Charlotte going with pulling herself up? Cruising around yet?

Sorry to hear she hasn't been sleeping well and that you are questioning your milk supply. I'm sure your supply is fine. Don't stress about it!

Emily – Sorry to hear Charlie is sick. With the dribbling – do you put bibs on him?

Hayley – Another bub with a cold! Poor Ky.

As for work I'll be going back 3 days at the end of June after having 12 months off. Unfortunately I need to go back or we will have no money. I'd love never to go back but it's just not possible.

Just quickly as i about to go to bed, Went to RCH today, talked to some lady at a clinic, and she told us to give Charlotte foods that she likes, after trying to give her other foods, sort of like a reward, anyway the we tried giving her some vegies there, and she would not take them, but after I gave her a jar of apple custard and she ate nearly the whole thing plus some macca's roll ( off my hamburger) and some hot chips ( naughty) and then for dinner, I made her some pasta and vegies mixed with some pasta sauce and she ate all of that too, Hopefully she contuine to eat, its been great that she is eating.

Fee Guest

How is everyone? Cooper is standing alone more and more now. At first it would just be when we placed him in a standing position in the middle of the room and let go. But now he lets go of furniture on his own. He can stand for about 30 seconds or more now. Very exciting.

He is also self-settling for bed time and naps again which is fabulous. And sleeping through until 5.00 am again too. So all is well here on the sleep front. I will enjoy it while I can because it will probably go bad again one day!

Hi everyone

Sorry we have been MIA we went away last week to Bendigo for a few days and Dylan is sick he has had a cold and then got this rash thing on his bum, legs and feet and then started to get blisters on his hands so I took him to the doctors and he has hand, foot and mouth disease apparantly it is common for babies and kids who come into contact with other kids like at playgroup and daycare hmmmmm but he is contagious for another week so we can't go to anything oh well! And no it is not foot and mouth disease which is what animals get, every person I have told has thought I was joking. Anyway he has been very miserable and very clingy which is cute but at times annoying but we are coping.

In terms of development he is pulling up on anything and everything inlcuding my pj pants yesterday which promptly fell down and I had no undies on (sorry TMI) LOL and he is cruising the furniture and has stood by himself for a couple of seconds until he realised what he was doing and fell over LOL. He is still commnado crawling but is very speedy at it and when he wants to get somewhere in a hurry he puts his face down close to the floor and takes off, it is very funny to watch. He is speaking a lot he said hello the other day, he says yeah, mumma, dadda and daddy, nan, bubbub and barbra and I think he may be trying to sing LOL. He is also doing two different waves one with his whole arm and the other with just his hand folding over so cute. He is also kissing me a lot and I have had a few snotty kisses yuck but I will take them anyway they come. I think that is it. He is still eating well and is on two bottle and one berast feed a day now.

Anyway I have to go but just wanted to give you all an update I have some upadted pics I will have to post. I hope all bubbas with colds are doing better. Byeeee.

Hi guys!!

Sorry I've been MIA for ages. Things are quite hectic around here. I'll try and say it all briefly. We have just bought a block of land (1/2 acre), looking at houses to build on the block, working 4 days a week and trying to keep up with housework and Ken's paperwork at home.

Danielle's a real handful. She gets into everything. No problem crawling and pulling up herself on everything. She just starting to stand alone but only for about 3 seconds or so but it seems to be getting longer every time. She loves riding her sit on bike which she pushes with her feet - she flies along! She eats everything!! Has no problem eating anything. She loves pieces roast beef and chicken - they are her fave. Oh and the crust of crunchy garlic bread. I don't really make any special meals for her anymore - she just eats what we eat. If we have a curry or something like that I take out some cooked meat and vegies before I put in the curry stuff. She's such a good girl.

Not sure 100% what's going on with me. I feel heaps better but my GP has asked me to go and see someone with what happened during birth and how Danielle got stuck. She thinks I might have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder which caused my mild PND. I go tomorrow for my first appointment. I've had some pelvic scans done recently to see if I was too small or Danielle was presenting wrong. Apparently I'm smaller than normal but bigger than the minimum size so I should be able to go naturally next time. I will be classed as a high risk pregnancy but I've found an OB which will let me go naturally - most want a c/s but this guy is cool with a natural birth - music to my ears.

I'm sorry I haven't done any personals - I don't know where to start. But I'll leave you with this - I've been on the pill for several months but why are my bbs sore like when I was pregnant?!?!?!?! AF not due for 2 weeks - could I be.......

Mads - honestly - I don't know. I've done a HPT and it came up neg but it might be too early still to detect. Every day my BBs seem to get worse but no ms or anything so I'm not sure. I guess I'll just have to wait. If I am, mistake or not we'll both love it! I've warned DH that somethings not right and he said if I am it might be earlier than what we wanted but it's all good which was lovely to hear. I've posted in the Medical Conditions and Medication section if anyone wants a read.

Fee Guest

Hi all

Cooper is very clingy and whingy today and has not self-settled for either of his naps. Bummer! I was enjoying how easy it was to put him down to sleep. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Sounds like there are some greater eaters out there. Cooper is okay some days and not so good other days! He does like finger foods bit sometimes I run out of ideas for him. I mostly do pieces of steamed vegies and piece of chicken boiled up in some stock. Or sandwiches with avocado at lunch time. But then he has days where he eats off the spoon really well. Pumpkin and carrot risotto is his favourite.

Still no sign of any more teeth. He got the bottom two at 5 months and the top two at 7 months and none since. He's been chewing on his fingers for at least a week now. Who knows!

Oh and listen to this… so cute! Cooper loves playing "chase-y" with Mark. He's so excited when Mark gets home from work. Mark gets down on the floor and crawls after Cooper and Cooper is off like a shot, giggling away and then stopping and turning around to see where Mark is. It's fun to watch. I tried playing the same game with Cooper the other day but he didn't want to play! He just crawls after me and clambers up on me and tries to bite my face. I have no idea why he does this. He just crawls straight at me and I stayed in the same spot and he just kept coming until we clashed foreheads. Silly boy!

Cassie – Sorry to hear that Dylan got foot and mouth disease. Poor boy. I hope he is fully recovered soon.

Kelly – Nice to see you here and thanks for joining up on Facebook as my friend! All you other girls should join up too. It's quite fun and addictive I think!

Hmmm strange about your BBs. I wonder if you are pregnant!

Mads – Sounds like you're having some great sleeps. That's great news. I hope Freya continues to do it for you.

Hello all

Fee- what is this facebook, that you were talking about. Charlotte plays chase with Madison they cralw around the house totegher its really cute to watch.

Kelly- Good to see you back, I was wondering where you had got too, make sure you come back soon. Congrates on buying the land. I am coming to perth next year.

Mads- I just might have to try that sounds yummy.

Charlotte is starting to eat a bit more, YAY, she did not want breakfast today, but ate lunch and dinner, and only had 4 feeds. Lets just see what the night brings. Last night she was up every 1 1/2 - 2 hours, lucky tim was home today so i got some more sleep, and now Madison has gastro, the fun with a toddler vomiting, and a 9 month not wanting to sleep, and to think we are going to have more children.

Fraser Guest

Hi guys,

I just wanted to drop in and say goodbye to all you lovely ladies - for personal reasons I will be taking a permanent break from posting on these forums. You may have noticed I have been on here less and less - returning to work is weighing heavily on my mind and I need to focus on getting myself mentally ready for that. Instead of just disappearing I wanted to say a fond farewell.

I also wanted to say thank you to each and every one of you - I loved being part of the belly buddies thread and then the baby buddies, I have found your help and support to be extremely comforting. I wish you and your babes happy and healthy times ahead and truly imagine only the best for all of you.

If any of you wish to keep in contact you can e-mail me at [email protected] - but please don't feel that you have to.

happy thoughts and fond memories

many thanks again, Em.

Fee Guest

Fraser – I was wondering about you the other day as I noticed your signature had disappeared and no longer had your names in it. Now I see your posts etc have all been deleted.

Sorry to see you go. I will drop you an email!

kmh – Sorry I meant "Bubseykel" Kelly. Facebook is sort of like My Space. Just Google "facebook" and sign up if you like. It's a fun way to stay in touch.

Mads – Thanks for the pumpkin and polenta idea. I will give it a try!

Unhappy What Have I Done Wrong?

My son is going to be one in about seven weeks. He is just starting to get the hang of solids but that's not what I am concerned about. He's gaining wieght nicely and certainly not small for his gae.
    I am worried because he is not crawling yet. He has been sitting fot nearly three months, but still isn't crawling. When we put him on his belly he is okay for a few minutes and then just cries and carries on. He much prefers to be either sitting or standing. Our paedatrician had referred us to a physio and we have been going for a couple of months, but nothing seems to be changing.
    I feel like a really bad mum because all the toher babies I know were crawling by the time they were nine months, and some were even walking by then. WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast