Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #8

Fee Guest

Supa, I hope you find some answers with the Paed. And maybe try posting a new thread in the General Baby forum and you might get some more answers?

How does he get around? Cruising the furniture? Bum shuffling? Anything like that?

mumof2beauties Guest

Hi all
    I wouldn't worry about the not crawling thing. Ky still isn't crawling, he prefers to bum shuffle or slide around backwards on his belly!!!
    Hope everyone elses bubs are OK.
    We are finally getting over Ky's cold after 2 weeks!!! It is really frustrating trying to BF a baby whose nose is all blocked. He has been so grumpy too, didn't like to be put down at all. I ended up taking him to the doctor after about a week, and he said that one of his ears was quite red, like he had had an ear infection, that was on the mend! Talk about making you feel really good...not. I felt so bad for not taking him sooner.
    Fee - Is Cooper still having 1 nap a day? How is that working for him.. I kinda think Ky could go down to 1 a day....but don't know how to go about it. He is only sleeping 40 minutes twice a day..not enough

Must go....take care

mumof2beauties - poor little guy. That has to be so frustrating for them too, trying to eat and nothing works like its supposed to. I think that is one good think about BF baby's, I feel that on the whole they get sick allot less than they otherwise would. Based on how sickness has been flowing throughout my house this past winter and all, I can not imagine if my little man had been sick as often as his sisters and mother was.

Fee Guest

Cooper has recently remembered how to wave again! He's been clapping for months and even waved a few times a few months back but then didn't do it since! But now he waves to Mark at bed time. It's very cute. Mark comes in to say goodnight (while I'm holding Cooper) and then when he leaves the room he says goodnight and waves. Cooper waves back! It's the only time he really waves though.

He's been self-settling mostly as well which is great although he had a day the other day which was a shocker and I had to pat him to sleep. I'm really at a loss as to why some days he will self-settle and other days he won't. I know I've asked this question a million times but it just bugs me! I don't think I am doing anything differently.

Still no sign of anymore teeth. I think he will have 4 teeth forever!

Hayley Cooper is back to 2 naps per day. I think it was just happening when he was sleeping until 8.00 am? Not sure about that. He's back to sleeping until about 7.00 am (and waking for a feed at 5.00 am). He then has a nap around 9.30 am and another around 2.30 pm.

Mads I can't believe Freya can say so many words. So cute! Cooper still only babbles "dada", "bubba" and "ta ta" the most.

Glad to hear she's only waking once in the night. That's so great!

And thanks for your comments about EBM. I'm visiting a friend today (around lunch time) so I will see if she can get Cooper to drink it. He also just has troubles sitting still. He just wriggles out of my arms.

Charlotte is vomiting i am taking her back to the doctors today, my friend who is a nurse said i should just take her to the hospital. I think she would of lost about 100 grams over the weekend, i just don't know what to do.

anyway i will come back later.

kmh - Hope everything will be ok. and fast, poor little one (and mom/dad). Please let us know what you find out!

Hi girls and guy,

Just a quick one from me as I don't have much time but...

I've just done a HPT and it has come up with a light positive.

Will let you know more when I know more.

Excited yet shocked but scared!! I don't know what to think or feel!!

OMG Congratulations Kelly.

Charlotte got weighed today she is 7.030 she has lost 250 grams in 6 days. I hope she gets better soon and starts eating.

When you are ready, then congrats Kelly! I am sure it is a little scary but will be exciting and eventful! lol Good luck

Kelly - My wife has tried to point out some positives - your kids will be best friends and best enemy's (ok, the last one is not much of a positive..lol), your body will not be surprised by being PG since its already used to it. And you are used to being tired so this is just an extension. If you have the same sex then you have all those baby clothes already...Hey, your maternity clothes are not THAT far out of style!

Just trying to help

charlotte has got over the gastro but she has woken with a temp of 38.1 this morning, so we are back to the doctors this morning. This is really driving me nuts, i just want her to get better.

not really a baby post, but a family post i guess so I thought I would share. My oldest, Sienna who is in 2nd grade had a field trip today. There is a fishing program that travels throughout the state working with schools and other organizations by providing kids a chance to go fishing. Sienna's school today took the 2nd graders to the local pond so they could go fishing for little fish. The parents were encouraged to join their children, so I did. I was able to spend the bulk of the day fishing with my daughter and had lunch with her. She and I really enjoyed it, it was a nice way to spend the afternoon together.

Hi everyone,

Dustmite - that sounds like a gorgeous way to spend the day with your daughter. What a great idea (the program). I know I remember unusual things like that from my childhood. p.s. I still wear my maternity jeans - they're so comfy!

kmh - sorry to hear Charlotte's been poorly and losing weight again. Sarina suddenly started taking an interest a few weeks back- more than 2 licks a day - then got an ear infection about 1 month ago. She's back to 1 meal a day, dinner, and refusing breakfast & lunch. Much prefers BF. She only gained 250 grams in 2 months (between 8 & 10 month check) and I was told I had to feed her more solids!!!! If only she would eat it!

Kelly - CONGRATS!! We're starting to try again too....

Fee - Sarina is doing the same sleeps as Cooper - about 1.5 hrs around 9am and 1 hr or so at 2pm. Starting to wake only once at night too (around 4am) for a snack then up at 6.45am or thereabouts. She's only got 4 teeth too!

She was self settling really well then when she got her ear infection, we fell into the habit of feeding to sleep as it was the only way to relax her and it seems to have stuck.
    I'm now trying to get her to self settle again but it's really hard. Having said that DH has no problem getting her to sleep without boobie so it's probably just me.

Hi to Mads, mumof2beauties, supa_star323 and anyone else i've forgotten.

Just wanted to say that I think despite being tired still, i think i'm having the most fun so far with Sarina. She's recently become so playful and is really developing a sense of humour. I just love making her laugh - makes it all feel worthwhile!

Time for a new thread found HERE

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567