Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #10

Tracey that is the cutest thing!!! Where do you get those?

Megan76 Guest

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for all your posts when i had my melt down the other day. Things just got out of hand and nothing was going how i wanted it to. I think maybe the control freak part of me is causing havoc because with a baby things just cannot be controlled and i have to accept that. But gee things can be tough sometimes! I just cannot decide what to do with his 40 min day sleeps...do i accept it and move on or put in a big week of settling and crying which i dont have faith in working anyway! At least i seem to have got him back in his bed for now.

Sorry i haven't caught up with personals for ages i am just having trouble remembering what i read at the moment!!

Hope everyone is going well..can someone let me know how to get onto that group that was made up on facebook for us????

Megan, I would just except it. Both my babies have only ever been cat nappers during the day. Charlize now sleeps longer but Jack still only ever sleeps for 2 cycles around the 45 min mark. But that suits us fine, as we are always in and out, so several short naps works well for us. Glad your feeling better though, I hate days like those.

BBL ladies.

BTW, just weighed Jack and Charlize. Charlize has put a little back on, which is really good she is now at 10.41kg, so she is nearly back onto the 30th %ile. And Jack my little piggy is now 8.35kg and that puts him just over the 90th %ile. I have Charlize needles on monday, so will have them both properely weighed and measured then.
    Last edited by Meluchja; November 21st, 2007 at 03:45 PM.

Wow Mel, Jack is a little piggy!!! Just kidding. Oliver was 6.5 kgs when he had his needles a week ago.
    Last edited by razzle; November 21st, 2007 at 03:51 PM.

Megan76 Guest

Thanks Mel, I tend to agree...i have just gone with the flow the last two days and got him up when he wakes and put him back when he's tired again. He seems to be up and down all day but we have both been alot happier!

Lucas was 7.2 at 4 months!

Em - I hope Tom has been better. Lucas turned into the devil after his needles so somehow i reckon it has an effect on them for a little bit!

Just a quick questoin for the brisvegas gals.
    we are gowing up there on fri and I was wondering what you dress them in at night. I have a 1.0 tog sleeping bag, and usually put Kaetlyn in a short sleeved vest.
    We are staying in motel style appartments at indoorpilly. is it cold there at night but hot in the days? I really have no idea what to pack and also how much to pack.
    Can anyone give me some suggestiosn for ones with bubs that have been away?
    I am starting to panic about the whole trip esp seen as she has been really bad and whingy today.

I am a hopeless packer, I tend to take three times what I need 'just in case' Maybe you could start by imagining a typical day and all that you would use for sure. Then you can add extra stuff as you think of it. What about breaking it down into routine times? eg. sleeping, eating, playing, bathing, etc. The weather here is difficult to judge right now but probably does tend more towards hot. I use a .5 grobag or my other even lighter one with just a singlet onesie, though it sometimes gets cool towards morning. I personally haven't used anything long sleeved for quite a while. If you had a light kind of cardigan for her, I would say that would do for the cooler times. It's so hard when it's someone else's baby to say what you would miss...

Raels, I cannot remember which nappy place I bought it from? It was on line..Darlings Downunder, or Gosh I cant think!??? Hmmm, I'll have to pop into the nappy thread (you should join us there) the store will be listed there! I love it!

Mel, I cant wiat to have Zy weighed next week, he was over 6kgs at his 3mth weigh, he has so many rolls in his legs! Poor man has teeth moving up & down but not cutting through, had bad bad nappies & I noticed a small blister when I got back from getting groceries so nappy free time & now a flushable liner with stacks of bum goop to protect his skin! Hmmm, Indah weighs 11kg & she's just over 2yrs!?

Sacha, ask me how to pack...LOL... I am the queen... We recently went to Bali for 1month & took 1 std suitcase for 2 adults & 3 kiddies!!!

My friends came to see it as they couldnt believe it!!! Pack what you think you need & then remove 3/4!
    Last edited by Tracey; November 21st, 2007 at 08:51 PM.

Ok Ok, first things first you have to read this birth story
    The Adventures of Max and Riley - BellyBelly Forums ~ Pregnancy, Birth & Baby
    it's written from a dad's perspective and it's amazing.

Raels, I hope you start feeling better soon, I hate having a blocked nose.
    can you squirt booby milk up it Wow at you guys progressing to pumpkin. I'm not even considering food for at least another month possibly even longer. Although I ,regardless of what MCHN says, will be offering a taste before Xmas, if he wants food it's not fair to sit and watch everyone else eat, and plus I can honestly tell family esp in laws that I know he's not ready for food, and nobody else tries to give him anything.

I've been considering a Jolly Jumper, might be a good extra xmas present for Xavier. But I have also been told you should limit the time spent in one to about 10 mins as it messes with hip and foot development.

Sasha once we hit 3 months I switched to calender months esp as november has 5 weeks, but now I've lot track of how many weeks he actually is. I probably look like a bad mum people ask how many weeks he is and I'm like I dunno.

Tracey isn't it amazing how much love increases when your well rested. I get like that too. Good boy zyon for having such a long sleep!!

V, lol you will get nervous soon enough. I didn't get nervous until the night before I think. but in the week leading up to the wedding I lost 3kg's!! I couldn't eat a thing the day of the wedding. Jason does look pretty spec in his suit. Every time I read about your progress I get excited.

Em, you can get those things with the mesh from target and Big W also if anyone is looking for them.

Mel, wow at jacks weight gain. Question now that he is over the 8kg mark will you be turning his car seat around or waiting a little longer?

Sara, i'm not in bris but I too am a hopeless packer, I would probably be tossing up between taking everything including the kitchen sink and taking the bare minimum and buying clothes if I needed them. The hardest part is how much to pack, what if they spew all over the clothes, or poo even. Is the place your staying got aircon? If it does I'd be inclined to take whatever she normally wears to bed for familiarity and climate controlling the room as much as possible.

Well as for us I am perplexed. We have had some interesting days with the heat, but nothing troubling. The most interesting thing was that on the hot days xavier seems to only poo in the morning and the evening (the cooler parts of the day) and we only have wet nappies for the remainder of the day, suits me fine. Well today the temp plummeted from it starting to rain last night. and every single nappy I changed today had poo in it, and he didn't want to sleep as much as he has been in the hot days.

Well any way best be off, a girl needs her beauty sleep, although it doesn't seem to be working too well here.

hey everyone!

Well Jason got to experience tonight what is like to have a very unsettled baby and when I came back from the gym you could see in his face he was realllly frustrated!! Avaleigh has been really unsettled this week, especially the last two days where she hasnt been sleeping much during the day, well pretty much not sleeping at all. So I fed her before going to the gym but she fell asleep on me, put her in her cot and wide awake but happy to lay in the cot. Apparently as soon as I left she was up and crying and Jason couldnt put her down cause she would just scream! So I came home, do hear Avaleigh crying her head off in her bedroom and Jason trying to feed the animals. The poor guy!! He doesnt know how I do it. So I got Avaleigh and fed her straight away but she wasnt happy with that!! So I pulled out a bottle of frozen EBM, defrosted on the stove and after 90mls she was asleep. So, not too sure whats up with her. Makes me feel like I dont have enough milk now.... Gosh, why do we always doubt our supply when things get tough??!!

Well I better get to bed, got a bit of a headache

Bec - I read the birth story of Max and Riley and it is amazing - made me want to cry and laugh all at the same time. Amazing.

Veronica,
    to make you stress less (I use this for myself too) I offer boob every 2 hours or whenever Zy doesnt settle & tell myself it's a growth spurt! It takes away my mental thoughts of 'no supply'...
    I knwo I have tommes of milk, but whenever they just dont settle you instantly blame yourself!!! So just offer boob more over the next days & if she needs to boost your supply that will do it & you'll take away the guilt from yourself!!!

Hi,

Jemima, it is a wonderful story huh. I loved hearing a dad's perspective.

V we all have days like that. Xavier gets fussy like he's rejecting the boob and I have to live with some crying or try and force him to sleep to rectify the situation. Like last night he did it and so I managed to get him to sleep for 1.5 hours, then woke him up changed him into his jamies and fed him, he fell asleep but woke when I was taking him to bed, gave me big smiles and fell asleep on his own, then didn't wake up till 7am. It was great after a hard afternoon. In saying that we never got to his point of no return scream. Once we hit that there is no going back. Dummy in and a rocking motion that only I seem to be able to grasp, (nathan won't even try).

Morning Everyone!

Avaleigh slept until 7am this morning, which was a much needed sleep for her after yesterdays efforts! She is asleep right now as well, so thats a good start to the day. Jason woke up this morning feeling horrible with a cold, the cold probably came from Avaleigh. So I cant even imagine how Avaleigh must have felt with it! Hopefully her cold is on the way out and I hope I dont get it!!

Does any one elses bub get sick? This is the 3rd cold she has had and it always seems to come with the change of weather - like when it gets really hot and then goes cold for a few days. I get a sniffly nose when this happens but its nothing major. What can i do to stop this from happening?! I dont want her being sick at every weather change. Maybe I need to rethink what I dress her in when its really hot. She is normally in a singlet and shorts or t-shirt and shorts cause our house is very warm. Its got air con in the middle of the house but doesnt reach all the rooms...

Rebecca - yeh I have that rocking motion too!! I try to get Jason to do it but it doesnt work and we gives up very easily, but he is on his feet all day so I dont blame him for wanting to sit when he gets home.

Tracey - yeh I was thinking last night 'growth spurt'!! hehe try and blame the fussiness on something else. I know I have tonnes of milk cause every morning I wake up and it looks like I have had a boob job!! Oh, I am going to miss the big full boobs! LOL

Question about bub's shots. I got Avaleigh's first shots when she was about 2 months and 2 weeks old. Do I need to wait until she is 4 months and 2 weeks old, so its 2 months in between the shots, or can I go in when she turns 4 months?

Good morning,

Blueflower - it is quite warm here at the moment. I only ever dress Oliver in nappy, singlet and t-shirt during the day, night time does cool down a little so he is in summer pj's with a sheet and light quilt/doona type thing that his nan made him. Is the place you are staying at going to have aircon on though? I overpack but the way I see it, better to have too much than not enough!

Tracey - I use the good old dri-glo, white cloths with a snappy and pilchers(although I'm avoiding the pilchers in this weather whenever possible).....love those nappies you use though, are they expensive? When I was pregnant I told my MIL I would be using cloths and she told me she loved me more than ever for that! So she went out and bought me like 4 or 5 dozen of them!!!!

Rebecca - I read the birth story, wasn't it awesome? I especially loved the bit about stopping to get champagne!!!! I have often overheard my DF telling people about Oliver's delivery and I just love hearing his take on the whole thing, and when his voice sort of goes a bit wobbly and his eyes glaze over, I just get goosebumps. LOL about squirting booby milk up my nose! Not really sure about that one but I have heard a bit of breastmilk can get rid of conjunctivitis???

I'm going xmas shopping today, Lexxen wants an MP3 player so I'm off to get the best one for an 8 year old. He asked Santa for a mobile phone!!! Yeah right!!!

Have a wonderful day all.

V - you need to wait the whole two months.

Megan76 Guest

Rebecca - just got to that point of no return scream! My own fault i let him go to long and now i am paying the price as i had to cuddle him to sleep and am too scared to put him down! Silly mummy!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast