Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #10

Oh nicky, thats aweful news, I hope they can still get at it. Thinking of you and your family xx

Hi Nicky,

sorry to hear about your MIL - everyone should go to the breast cancer site and click on the pink ribbon.

Hi Nicky - so sorry to hear about your MIL. Thinking of you and your family. Good idea about the breast cancer website Raels - I will go and do that now.
    Jem

Thanks everyone.
    I will give you a quick run down.. It may explain why we are sooooo dis-heartened.

13 years ago, MIL was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had a mastectomy and went through chemo, and came out of it all ok.
    Then a few weeks after my miscarriage last year, she was diagnosed with breast cancer again... in the same side that she had the mastectomy. It was in the remaining tissue.
    Anyway, shes undergone chemo and radiotherapies, and shes been SOOOO unbeleivably positive the whole time. She holds her family together. Everything was looking so so good. The cancer shrank, her BT;'s were soming back clear as were her bone scans.... until today.
    It was shown in a bone scan that it has come back into one of her vertabrae. The one vertabrae is 2/3 taken by cancer. Apparently this is an aggressive form.

This is just such a blow. I love my MIL. Shes like a best friend to me. We are one and the same. We have the same personality and everything. I love her to peices and just feel so blessed to know her.

I am soooo glad that we have Lach now. I know that we can ALL take comfort in him, and draw strength from his presence. MIL is so worried that she wont see him grow up. That she wont see her daughters marry. That she wont meet anymore of her grandchildren as Lach is her first.

I am trying to be the pillar of strength for them all. I know how crusehed they are. I dont know what I would do without her, so I have NO IDEA how her own husband and children feel.
    So, thats a short run down. Hence why we are MEGA devastated. It's the worst news ever.
    I think that we will be TTC very soon. I really want her to know all of my children, and I want my children to have been in her presence. She is just the lovliest person ever......So sorry. I am in tears.
    So, if I'm not already preggers... wish me luck
    thanks everyone

OH Nicky, I hope there is some better news soon, really soon... thinking of you all!

Nicky - I am so sorry for you and your partner. Your post was so beautifully written that it is clear that your MIL means so much to you. Whatever happens, i am glad you have this lovely lady in your life xx

I put a pic in the photo gallery of a Santa nappy cover I got from Maz! How cool!!!

Megan76 Guest

That is so cute Tracey!!

Well we seem to be having success in the new pram! I am so relieved (pity MIL isn't happy for us!) We have been out quite a few times, even shopping and he is so much better. If he does start to get irritable after awhile its so much easier to entertain him when he's facing me. So basically $250 well spent, it was a bargain! We go to Noosa in a week today (YAY!) so i feel so much better knowing we can get out and about without having to carry him everywhere in the heat.

Happy Tuesday!!

Nicky - so sorry to hear about your MIL. Good Luck with the TTC and I hope your MIL gets to see your babies.

Avaleigh woke up this morning at 3am, 4am and 5.30am!! ARGH!!! Whats gotten in to her?!?! At 3am she went back to sleep, 4am I put her dummy in and she went to sleep but at 5.30am she was wide awake and rolling around in her cot! I thought giving her some solids last night would help her sleep, but nope!

Solids wont help her sleep V, It could be she's reaching new milestones/wonder weeks..

They change all the time..

HI all,

Megan vent away. I would be a little disappointed if my MIL did that. It's not his fault, e's a baby he doesn't know any better. fancy her blaming him and calling him a sook.

V I feel the same way about my mum baby sitting too. I also have another thing where my inlaws house is filthy dirty. Plus my mum knows when to give him back. I can't stand it when people insist on trying to calm Xavier when the clearly are getting no where and it's breaking my heart listening to him cry.
    You are doing such a great job on the weight loss. I wish I had your motivation. I have to say wow at avaleigh she seems so advanced. Can't sit still like her mum I bet!! Maybe that's why she's awake so early she wants to get going for the day. What time does she go to bed at night?

Tracey, I so agree that everyone else has forgotten what it was like to have a baby and that they are all different. I'm often the only one that can settle xavier because nathan just doesn't realise that he likes to be cuddled tightly and I normally have to shove a dummy in if he's really upset, he then likes to fix on my eyes and hold my hands and we rock from side to side. And really if he's dad can't work it out I don't know how anyone else could.
    I think there are also times when a mum just knows that it's necessary to spoil them. it turns out to be more of a treat than a habit iykwim.
    Tracey happy birthday to maddy and happy 4 months to zyon. and what a cute nappy cover. he's all set for xmas now.

Zofia, whenever I get one of those clingy days where all he wants is cuddles or feeds and my attention all day, and it's driving me nuts I try to remind myself that it won't be long before I have to steal those cuddles. Being a boy I think I'm going to loose him sooner as he wants to hang out with dad more.

Fran, water over the lap top might get the wrong type of attention

Mel, yay on the possible trip to japan, that would be exciting, not so great on the trecking it on your own though. You will have to get passports for the kids.
    Ouchie on your foot. I hope you have had lots of rest and it hasn't got worse.

Nicki, sorry to hear about mil2b, It's fantastic that you both have such a great connection. Good luck with TTC #2. It is tempting for you to be the one in control in such hard times, but don't forget to lean on someone yourself. You don't have to be the strong one all the time. for your family.

Em, lol on hiding behind the couch, that's hilarious I had mental images and everything. I'm glad you had a great time at the wedding, how wonderful that your sister did a great job. She would obviously be a great baby sitter.

Jem, glad the dinner with your bio mum went well. 16 years isn't a huge difference when you get older is it?

Well seeing as we have a mil special happening.
    Mine is pretty good but I am dreading the day when I have to say no softdrink and lollies for my baby or he won't come around to see you! Seeing our niece being spoilt by all that stuff and she's not even 2 yet. I figure what hope have I got when my sil (their daughter) can't even stop her parents from giving bad foods. I am trying to teach nathan to be strong enough to say no to these things too. But I'm not a mean mummy, occasionally will be fine, but on my terms iykwim. I'm not silly I know my mum will give him treats when I'm not looking, but she won't give him soft drink, or full strength juice. and she knows she's in charge and what one lollie versus half a packet means.

ok, little man waking after 2 hour morning sleep, we are having a good day.

"Don't forget you might be a mother in law one day!!"

Tracey - new milestones or wonder weeks??!!

Rebecca - Avaleigh has her last feed around 9pm and goes to bed after that. She has been falling asleep on me a bit as she doesnt really sleep in the evening. haha at her wanting to get going for the day - not at 3am tho!!

As she learns new things, rolling, sitting & takes in her new surrpoundings they stimulate her mind (like if you see their eyes going all flickery whilst sleeping) they are learning more about life & what they can do, sense etc...
    so they become more alert & their routines as such begin to change...

ONLY 28 SLEEPS TIL SANTA COMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's amazing - now i'm a mum i can get all excited about chrissy again just like when i was a kid

how was the weekend for all????????

V - michael has tried pumpkin, chicken and corn, potato, roast beef, pears adn peaches, and apples (all pureed of course) - they're all the 4-6mth foods available from heinz - he was the same with his farex, he could not have cared less for it, but this other stuff he can't get enough of - he'd eat the whole jar if i let him - they say to only keep it for 48 hours after opening but on the first day i just divide it up into small tupperware containers and freeze them, then each morning i take one out and put in the fridge for his "dinner" that night along with 1/2 - 3/4 of a bottle - i can get maybe 3-4 days out of a jar (althought it's slowly becoming less)

Nicky - soooo sorry to hear about your mil2b - i know how hard it is to watch a loved one battle bc and only wish you could do something, anything for them - all i can say is stay strong - positivity really does help - PINK RIBBONS ALL YEAR ROUND!!!!

Meagn - congrats on the success of the new pram - you must almost feel like a new person - and i totallly back you on the whole scotch front he he he

Em - lmao over the couch incident - i have this image from the opening credits of everybody loves raymond.....he he he

well not much to report at this end - still trying to wind down from our trip away - by the time i've recovered i'll have to do it all again for xmas -

The MIL does seem to be the theme of the week - mines coming to visit for a week next week atm she's in brissy but as of january she's off to nz to study and open up an office branch for her boss - so i guess a week aint so bad - well in general she's alright but there are a few issues that shes a stickler for and never NEVER lets up - me and my df just smile nod and keep it to a minimum or try to avoid those issues all together - i just keep myself busy with housework and out of her way

well until next time ladies have a vegemite smiley kind of day

Time for a new thread!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789