Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #11

Nicky - that is unreal news about your MIL. Even though we only know each other in the land of BB, it's put a big smile on my face to hear that she's all okay.

Thanks to everyone for your supportive comments, it's so good to have a "safe" place to vent. I've had a couple of days break, so I'm feeling a little rested, ready to take on the rest of the week with her. I do keep reminding myself that it's only for 2 months, and that she might not ever travel to Aus again, so I'm trying very hard to not sweat the small stuff. And Pat's being great (so far), because he realises that she comes with certain challenges, which is pretty good for a bloke when it comes to his mum.

I put Liam in a grobag tonight, as he keeps escaping from his wraps, so touch wood I'll get a reasonable night's sleep tonight. Time will tell

Sorry for no personals tonight, I'm off to do some personals of a different kind - Christmas cards...

Hi Nicky - awesome news, your family must be so relieved!

Hi everyone else, have been so busy and not feeling too well this last week. Will try and hop on tomorrow and catch up.

Hope everyone is well!

Hi all,

Nicki, yay that's fantastic news!!!

Raels I hope you start feeling better soon. I have been feeling rotten this week and just run down and now I'm starting to question my milk supply.

As said above I'm starting to question my milk supply, xavier is getting fussy and really wants to suck but is behaving like he's not getting enough. I defrost some and he drinks it all even after feeding for a while. When I do try to express I get very little so now I'm on operation increase supply. I've increased my water intake, and happily increased my calories and now I'm doing some pumping as well. Fingers crossed it works because some of my freezer stocks are getting quite low.

Hi all

I have been mia as DH is away again and it has been crazy!!

All is good here but that might be because everyone is in bed asleep (touchwood)!!

Nicky- Great news reyour MIL!!

Bec - my friend in Bendigo has just found out she is pregnant and is trying towork out where and with who (ob/midwife) to give birth. Did you have a private ob? I remember you saying you gave birth at the public hospital - were you happy with it?? I have also been worrying about my supply so I might have to take a leaf out of your book and try to increase it!

Raels - how are you feeling? Hope your week has improved.

Em- goodluck with the packing. Are you moving far?

Jan - how did Liam go in his grobag?

Mel - as I said last night your Xmas photo is so cute - gorgeous kids. You have inspired me to brave the crowds and visit Santa!

Hello to everyone else. Sorry about the lack of personals - time is just so precious when DH is away!!

Will try to drop in later to say a proper hello
    take care
    Jem

Hi girls,

Rebecca and Jem - thanks, I am feeling a little better. Just so tired and have been suffering from a bit of anxiety.....arrgh! Think it's cause I've been running around like crazy trying to get everything together for xmas. I know, I'm not the only one!

Regarding the milk supply worries, do you think it could be a growth spurt again for your babies? I think the hot weather plays a big part too, I know Oliver gets pretty frustrated when we have to feed when we're all hot and sweaty. Luckily we have air-con but if we're somewhere that doesnt I know he can be very fussy. Hope it improves for you both.

Oliver is doing really well, I'm going to get him weighed again before the end of the week. I feel like he has put on a lot in the past month, a lot of his clothes are getting very small!!!

We went to Suncorp stadium in Brisbane on sunday night to watch the A-league soccer. Lexxen's under 8's team was chosen to play in the half time break, very cool!!! I was a bit worried about taking Oliver as I knew he wouldn't feed off me with all the distractions so I decided to take a bottle of ebm. He has only had the bottle a few times and it was a while ago so I didn't really know what to expect. Well, he wouldn't drink it, just chewed on the teat! Luckily there was a nice parents room with a tv so I just took him in there and only missed 20 minutes of the second half, so all good!

We still haven't had our santa photo taken yet, might try and fit it in tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well and happy!

Hi ladies

I have been mia again and have had another few crappy days....again! Geez i must sound like a broken record, sorry Well my sister arrived home on monday after being in Qld for six months and met ethan for the first time was a very emotional moment lol she will be home for 6-8 weeks then she will be moving to Qld permanently, so very sad about that. We had a great family day at mums. Then my nanna who has been battling cancer for a year almost 3 yrs now called and she is in remission!! YAY bad news is that she had cancer in her mouth which meant she had to have her false teeth removed and her jaw operated on and had part of her tongue removed so has not been able to have her teeth in for a year and now there is a part of the bone that isn't healing and if it hasn't healed within 3 months then she wont ever be able to have her teeth back She also gave us the devastating news that my pop has prostate cancer and it may not be treatable and if not his life expectancy will be less than three years, my heart is just breaking for them both and my mum is a wreck atm having both parents go through this. Ethans sleeping issues are getting worse and he is not eating properly as a result of being too tired, he wakes up for food every 2 hrs at night but cant eat it all as he falls asleep again and during the day he sleeps for no longer than 15-20 mins at a time and screams when its time to go to sleep as he is constantly over tired, so we are now on the waiting list to go for a day stay at sleep school, it could take up to six weeks. Sooner rather than later would be nice i feel as though im burning the candle at both ends!!

Oh dear...Ethans awake again, will BBL to do some personals.
    Sorry about the self absorbed post.

HI all,

Jemima, I didn't have an ob at all, except the hosi assigned ones which I never saw. In Bgo if you want your own ob to deliver then you have to go private hosi as the public one won't let you bring in any outside people to assist with delivery, just support people. I was happy with the hosi, and from what I've heard your not getting much more at the private except the private room and maybe better food. I didn't care too much about this as the only $$ i shelled out for the entire time were my 2 trips to the gp to get my pg confirmed and referred to the anti natal clinic, so if it's a no probs pg it's cheaper going public. They are also planning to start a monday evening anti natal clinic here for working mums to make it easier I heard on the news last night which is good. Nicki is also from Bendigo and might be able to provide some insite, you can tell your friend that there are a couple of other girls from bgo here too and there is a thread in the victoria section if she's looking for other local mums to pick their brains.
    Oh, but if looking for a home birth, alan isn't that far away from bendigo

Raels, I think my supply issues are linked to a few times latley that I haven't been around to feed him and my body has adjusted. I usually have enough milk for him at 9.30pm yet he's hungry at 6.30-7pm, so I have to teach my body to produce at the right time. I know the best way is to just let him feed but he gets angry and cries and cries because he is starving and not getting anywhere, so I am feeding him some of my back supply, or rather dh is and I am pumping at the same time to encourage extra production at Xaviers hungry time.
    I hope that made sence, but eg, last night he was hungry, I pumped about 80ml, and he drank 240ml, big difference which is why he was getting so frustrated, so I'm just giving it a helping hand.

Jesikah hugs I hope Ethan starts sleeping for you again. Have you got a bay carrier, or will he sleep in a pram if it's moving. It might be that he just needs one or 2 really good sleeps one day to get him back on track. EG god 2 hour sleep during the day might means he feeds better and then sleeps better and so on and so on??? Isn't it really hard when you just want to go to sleep though and you have to put all that extra effort in too. you need someone to sit up with him while you have a nap and get yourself refreshed so your ready to tackle it all.
    What about you both having a nap on your bed, that way you can stroke him and settle him quickly if he starts to stir??

Zyon had been waking heaps like 3 or 4 times every night, but last night slept from 9pm til 8am & even then I had to stir him to feed as my left breast was at exploding point!!!

To increase supply increase feeds during the day & let bubs suckle for however long they like!!!

Zy waking in the night & I'd soze with him sucking & would kinda wake with him suckling for 40mins or more! The more they stimulate breast the more the breast makes!!!

I have no time to read to far back, but I hope everyone is doing marvellously!!!!!

HOwdy all.
    Just a wuick one for me I am buggered and about to do the 'sleep while the baby is alseep' thing (have never done it before)!

Has anyone elses bubbas taken to sleeping on their side or front? Kaetlyn has, and we are forever turning her over. Side sleeping I am okay with, but its the stomache sleeping I am reakky scared about.

I have just incresed my supply- to build up my milk bank. Yeah me, I am now ready for two night outs of milk! MIL has Kaetlyn this sat night, as it is aarons work chrissy party, so have two feeds ready in freezer- each of 220ml- I hope that is enough- as I have never really given her a full bottle before.
    Hehehe Bec, now I have to get up every morning to express, cause that is what I was doing for three days. not sure if I will stop, or continue to express and build up a stock.

Now i must remeber to remind MIL
    1-NO HONEY ON DUMMY
    2-NOTHING IN THE MOUTH EXCEPT FOR EBM ESPECIALLY MASHED UP PEAS!!! - I had a dream the other night that she gave KAetlyn mashed peas when she looks after her for the first time as she keeeps saying i should try her on farex.
    3-NO ROCKING HER TO SLEEP- SHE MUST SETTLE HERSELF IN THE COT- and to let her cry, as she is after attention when she is on the cot and she will stop shortly.

do you think these rules are fair? anyhting else i should tell her? I am getting nervous as we will be about an hours drive away in the city.

The rules are good, however dont expect her to abide.... LOL

Aw Jess you poor thing.. If i lived in the same state as you, i promise i would come around and take Ethan so you could have some rest. Do you have a baby carrier? Mine was an honest to god lifesaver. Tom would sleep while i did housework, shopping, anything. Hopefully you can get into sleep school soon. I think one of the girls that posts on BB went recently - Tanstar, i think her name is - maybe you could PM her for some handy hints?

Blue - you crack me up. I love the MIL rules. I think they are the same as the ones i give mine but i also say 'no sugar in his bottle'.

Well, i am sick of packing and i havent really even started packing. Jem, we arent moving far - just a few streets away. At the moment i am preparing to start packing by throwing away tonnes of junk and anything left is what has to be packed. I am going to have to hire a skip i think. I have a lot of junk.. DH cant understand why i save magazines like all my pregnancy mags and old cooking mags. I said its if i need to use them one day - then he found my collection of bridal mags - that didnt go down well! I dont keep those ones for future reference - i just like to look at them!!
    I was cleaning out the laundry and found a huge Coles bag of food that i had put out there when i was pregnant - you know like every week, i would buy treats like biscuits and chips and stuff so would have a nice stash of food for 'when the baby comes' - five months later i have found it! I completly forgot about it. I had hidden it because DH is like the cookie monster and doesnt believe it saving anything food-wise. If its there and he wants it, he will eat it. Oh well, at least i will have lots of yummy food for the people who help us move!

Better be off, i have people coming through the house in 10mins and T is still asleep. I was hoping to be out of the house but doenst look likely. Bye!

TOJ - are you BFing? Could it be a lower supply that is making him frustrated and sleep less? Hope not, hugs for you both.

Hi everyone,

no time for personals at the moment, as I've got crazy boy who won't sleep on my lap, and expecting MIL back any time now. So really just popping in to see how everyone's going.

A good thing for me - Liam appears to have really taken to the grobag. I've had two great sleeps in the night (till 4.30, which is great for him), plus long day sleeps in it too, all without being wrapped within an inch of his life. So I'm hoping that it persists like this for a few more days, then I can conclude that we've entered a new phase, rather than it just being a fluke

anyway, fidget bottom says I've been on here for too long, so better go - BBL

Hi all,

Tracey I have been letting Xavier feed and suck away when he wants, but the problem is he cracks it with me 'cause he's hungry and nothing is coming out, and we have full on screaming for sometimes 3 hours and the only thing that makes him stop is me getting some ebm and feeding it to him. I don't plan to do this for long really just to kick start the increase and then let him increase it etc. I will see how much I can get tonight, hopefully it has started taking effect because I have definetly felt fuller today.

Sara, if you get sick of it just express enough to feel comfy and it will start to regulate. Like tracey said don't expect the rules to be abided by. I would stress least about the food being given as if kaetly drinks that much milk while your gone, she will just spit out anything mil offers her. Maybe remind her that they have found now that honey should not be given until kids are over 12 months and they even suggest steralising the honey, that will stump her into not doing it maybe. I'd relax on the rocking to sleep, it's one night and if kaetlyn doesn't go to sleep she will soon get sick of holding her
    I would focus on one rule and not let her think that you don't trust her iykwim,
    Just write down your mobile phone numbers nice and big by the phone, but don't tell her they are there unless she asks.

em, pmsl on the bridal magazines, you never know you might want to use them one day

Hi everyone
    kungfubecca- the other day you asked about christmas balls with bubs name on it- i know over here Myer does it, you buy your bauble and then they write "babys first christmas" on it. Ive got one that says "Links First Christmas" its cute
    tears_of_joy i hope things get better for you soon just remember all the bad days eventually blow over and you forget how hard it was! I hope you get into sleep school soon
    Take care
    xox

Time for a new thread found HERE

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789