Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #11

Default Babies Born July 2007 #11

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in July 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread here

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Enchanted Guest

Hee hee... first in

wow first amazing

bugger - i must type slow

V she's your daughter it doesn't surprise me one bit that she might be ready and raring for the day at 3am. I'm sure as she starts doing more and more during the day she will get all tuckered out and start sleeping again.

just checkin in bbl

Zyons sleeping heaps so far today... Which means I should be getting stuff done!

I bought this really cool thing today. It is a Tommee Tippee fresh food feeder. A friend used one with her baby and what it is for those who havent seen one is a mesh type thing with a handle (looks a bit like a big dummy with mesh where the teat normally is) and you put either fresh or frozen food in it and the baby can suck on it and chew on it without their being any choking hazards while still being able to enjoy the taste and nutrition of food. With my friends baby she put cooked vegies and fruit as well and frozen fruit in it and the baby sucked and chewed on it for ages. Looked like fun. It says from 6 months but my friend gave it to her baby at about 5 months. Got it from Big W if anyone is interested.

I probably wont try Charlotte on it until after she has tried farex (plan to do this at about 5 1/2 months) but thats just me.
    Last edited by jemima; November 27th, 2007 at 03:09 PM.

Jem, I have one of those that Charlee used to use when she was teething, I would put ice in it. I didn't even think to use it for Jack, I will now, maybe in a couple of weeks though. Thanks for the tip.

Mel - did you go the bourbon or the red??!!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Hi girls,

Don't smack me to hard for being MIA!!!

Hope everyone is well, will keep an eye out to see where everyone is upto with their bubs.

Hi Relle - no smacks we just miss you heaps! How are you all going? Have you heard about uni yet?

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Hey Jem,

Early round offers are out on Thursday so fingers crossed, and I am now fully qualified as a Doula and am starting to book up for the first half of the year with births, but sort of holding off on booking to many more in till I hear about uni.

How are your 3 little munchkins going hun?

Wow - early offers on Thursday - fingers crossed. make sure you let us know how you go. I just PMd you.

Don't smack me then either please girls!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about MIA - I don't get a lot of time on the PC these days, Olivia keeps me very busy and when she is asleep I try and read or watch a movie....I find being on the PC all day everyday really gives me a headache....so try to rest as much as poss and I am out probably 4-5 out of 7 days!!

How is everyone and there gorgeous bubbas going??? I can't believe they are all coming up to 5 months old, where has the time gone!!!!

Olivia is just wonderful. She is an angel baby, still sleeping through the night - down and 8pm and up at 7am, don't know how we did it but we did and she never wakes up - and that is no lie!! During the day she is tempermental, but she has so much fun when she is up, sometimes we will go for coffee or go visit Nanna and Grandad or some of my friends and mothers group girls are just wonderful.

Mel/Jem - that little mesh thing you were talking about sounds like I good idea, I will invest in one.

I have not been on here for month and have only read this new page, probably best as I am sure there is heaps to read!!! Fill me in on stuff...are you all still b/f? Are you bubbas starting swimming lessons at 6 months? I have to get Livvie in to one - can't wait!!

I bet everyone is having fun Christmas shopping, I love it although she won't have anything to open as I give it to her when I get back from the shops! Will update my site now so you can see what she looks like these days

I will go and check all your bubbas out now.

Take care,
    Will try to check once a day
    xxxxx

Jem, I bought one of those when I was pregnant and saw it in Woolies one day and have been waiting to try it ever since! Like you, I'm holding off on the solids until 5 1/2m which is about 3 weeks away (how time flies) Luckily, it coincides with DH being home so he can be part of her first dinner. I've got the spoons and cereal ready to go!
    Speaking of cool things, I bought an Airwrap bumper to stop Autumn losing her arms and legs through the railings the other day. If you haven't heard of it, it's a bumper made of mesh so if they press their faces against it, they can breathe through it. Handy as she is all over the shop in her sleep now.
    Autumn now rolls until she runs into something and can't go any further - amusing, but it means the start of the 'running after your child' exercise I'm afraid.

Site updated with recent pics

Hi Flossie - great to hear form you. Olivia is adorable and is sounds like she is a dream baby. Life certainly sounds busy but you are obviously enjoying it!!

I need to add some updated photos of our site. Will get around to that at some stage!\

My DH is away at the moment so it is easier to get on here when he is away - stops me from getting lonely - not that lonliness is really an issue with the hectic schedule we seem to keep LOL!!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast