Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #12

HI all,

Sacha, lol at xavier being a non conformist, that's all i need a bub just like me that likes to do things different just to spite everyone else, lol. However according to MIL his dad (dh) one day crawled across the room, pulled himself up at a coffee table and turned around and walked back the other way. So who knows.

Sara, I hope your brother is able to find a way to get to you for xmas.

V, ooo surprise gifts, as he told your mum i'm putting my money on some sort of holiday or honeymoon as he might have asked your mum to babysit??

em, pmsl, Xavier loves watching hannah montana (miley sirus for those that don't know) on sat mornings, how funny is that,

Megan, pmsl at the baby monitor, but what a nice wifey you are getting a big telly for your man. I know I've been spoilt I told him a few things so he could pass them on to other people to get me, and I think he bought them all for me.

Well we here all hope that everyone has a fantastic christmas especialy with all the kiddlets. Eat Drink and be very merry, lol we were all preggers this time last year so we can all have a double helping of the yummy things we wern't allowed then.

Lost you all... have a wicked Christmas!

Zy had his hair all clippered Yesrerday it was hanging over his ears & in his face so now he has a skin head & look so groiwn up... waaaah I miss my baby!

Merry Christmas all!!

I havent been around much as life has been pretty busy but I will catch up on all the goss over the next couple of days.

Hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas with your bubbas!
    Jem

MERRY CHRISTMAS

EVERYBODY!!

I hope everyone is having a lovely day with your new babies and families.

Its currently 40 degrees in Perth so we are having a real hot one! And I am about to go for a swim in the pool..

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE FOR YESTERDAY!!!

I HOPE YOU HAD A LOVELY DAY AND YOUR LITTLE BUBBAS ENJOYED THEIR 1ST CHRISTMAS!!! HOW SPECIAL WAS IT

LOTS OF LOVE LIS AND LIVVIE XXX

HI all,

Hope everyone had a good chrissy,
    V that pool sounds nice, 40 degrees, don't envy you there.

So who else wants to have shares in fisher price so they can at least reap the benefits of the profit their extended family have given the company from all the mad annoying toys that my son ended up with.

Just to name a few we now own from the fisher price range
    A doorway thingy
    an annoying dog
    a little people aero plane
    a circus train
    lots of those little ball things
    about 3 sets of keys
    2 different bath turtles + other bath toys
    some pull along caterpillar thing
    classic rings on a pole
    little people barnyard block set
    some other stacking blocks

plus a myriad of other things too including toys clothes plates and bowls.
    My sister did get him a nice keepsake gift though. When he was born being Xavier we had all sorts of X-Men jokes including teaching my 3yo niece to call him X-Man. So my sis bought an X-men comic that was titled "X-Man" and framed it. I thought that was sweet.
    Nathan and I keep joking about the 'stock take' sale we are having at our place to get rid of all these toys. lol I did go through and open all the packets and switch any toy with an off switch, off!!

I hope all your bubbas were spoiled but not to this excess we have no where to put all of them.

Hi everyone, hope you all had a fantastic day yesterday.
    Just popping on in the middle of packing.
    We are headed off on a holiday tomorrow... Looking forward to takin Lach to the beach for the first time.

We were invaded. And the amount of things Lach got was ridiculous!He is the only grandchild either side, so you can you can only imagine the excitement the granparents, aunties, uncle etc had! lol

Glad to hear that you are well. Have a safe and happy new year. Best wishes,
    Nicky, Adam and Lachlan

hey everyone! If you thought 40 degrees was bad yesterday, it got up to 45 degrees today!!! WOWZAH!!!

Avaleigh went in the pool today for a little bit and then I put her to sleep and she slept for 2 hours!! Would have been nice to be out in the pool for this time but no one else would go out with me and it was pretty boring lol so I stayed in the air con'ed house.

Well going to see if I can talk Jason in to coming in to the pool.

Will BBL

V - how does Avaleigh cope in the heat? I hope you aren't near the fires at all. Its going to get up to 39 here next week - we have cooling but its evap so it doesn't work well when its that hot....trust me, it was that hot on our wedding day and I was cooking!!!

We can take out shares in FP as well Bec!!! Is your annoying dog thing the thing that has BLUE EAR, GREEN HAND??? Olivia got one of those, but I love it cause she smiles and giggles with it. She also got

these bongo drums also FP
    lots of clothes
    a few key sets but different kinds
    one of those things she sits in and plays with things
    lots of rattles
    Play with me stuff (which includes the classic rings)
    bath toys
    bibs
    and this cool pillow with OLIVIA on it, I love it!!
    She also got vouchers which I went shopping with today We are going to NZ in Jan and its a bit cooler there so I bought a few cooler things for her to wear.

I have some shots on my facebook page from Christmas.

I am having a 1/2 facial, 1/2 foot spa and 1 hour massage tomorrow so I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Have a good day all
    xxx

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

Well, I am a bit late wishing every one sorry! Been so so so busy.
    Kaetlyn got spoilt, and not by us! I feel stingy but all we got her was a little baby pool, 3 outfits, socks and a pair of shoes.
    But DH's family brought her so much- a HUGE toy box that FIL made, will post a pic, its really good.
    Walker, Jolly jumper music mat, clothes, clothes, clothes! A doggy that Flossie was talking a bout, a play qym thing, odds and ends of toys, about a hundred books!

I cant believe how many clothes she got. I am about to count them! I am in the process of folding them after washing them all, but have absolutly no where to put them! I said to Aaron, I feel really bad cause I think she will outgrow them all beofre they are worn more than twice. He said not to worry, we didn't ask people to buy them for us. I have kept a couple unwashed and will return them for a bigger size so that they fit her next summer, cause I seriously think she wont wear that many clothes.

Also, Aarons cousin found Kaetlyns teeth. they are showing at the front on the top. His nan said they might pop in and out before they are cut. Should I be putting bonjela on them? She has been pretty whingy today, but that coould be casue yesterday was such a big day.

I wanted to ask, for those that have had bubbas before, WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST WE GET TO START SOLIDS LIKE PLATES, CUPS SPOONS ETC, LIKE NECESSITY ITEMS? I was thinking of getting them in the sales as we have a few vouchers to use at big W.

Well I am back.

My christmas this year was very low key. Not as exciting as I thought it would be!! Next christmas is going to be way better cause Avaleigh will be more excited. I was stoked that she ripped in to the wrapping paper!! Avaleigh didnt really get much, but I only saw my side of the family cause Jason didnt want to see his side (LOL He said he saw enough of them at our wedding!) Avaleigh got a fisher price peek a block (I think thats what it is called!!), fisher price roll-around (she loves it! sides there and bangs to button and makes it all spin) some clothes, pj's socks and something from my sister that is WAY too hard to explain. From Jason I got an eternity ring to go on the other side of my engagement ring. I love it but it doesnt fit! So got to take it to the jewelers tomorrow to get it resized. I've put pictures of christmas on facebook.

Flossie - Avaleigh has been really good with the heat. I gave her some cold water today cause it was too hot to feed her and she loved it cause it was so cool. We have aircon, just one of those wall thingys, so it is cool in some parts of the house but others its not cause house isnt insulated I have got to get the sorted out!!

Sara - how did they find kaetlyns teeth?? Can you feel them? Avaleigh has been biting a bit lately (my nipple and spoon!) so wondering if teeth may be on the way..

Well next big thing I am planning is my new years eve ****tail party. I cant wait!! Its meant to be another scorcher on new years eve (39) so it should be a good night!

Hi everyone, sounds like you all have a lovely christmas day.

Ours was very low key, which was nice for a change. The kids got spoilt as usual. Still have DH family to go, when we visit them in Sydney in early Jan. So the backyard is now full of a trampoline, play gym and a little swimming pool. Haven't had to use the pool yet, as it has been rather cool here over the last few days. Which is just amazing as it's normally like it is in Perth.

Oh one thing that made on Christmas day, was my closest sister got engaged. She just recently moved up to Mount Isa, so I'm so happy for her, that it happened. As I know she was feeling home sick. Can't wait to see them next.

Sara, if her teeth are nearly on the break through, I hope they come down and stay down. Charlize never got her first tooth through until she was 12 months old. But they had been playing peek a boo since she was 5 month old. One day you could see them, then the next they were gone again. Doesn't make for a happy baby. Fingres crossed she is a good teether. And good idea about exchanging her clothes for bigger sizes. I hate it when my kids grow out of something that they have only worn once maybe twice, it's such a waste.

Flossie, Ohhhhhhhh enjoy your pampering session today. I'm so jealous of you. I was only thinking yesterday how much I would love to have a facial, massage, manicure and pedicure. Must rub DH the right way first . And NZ in Jan, that sounds nice. Do you have family there?

Veronica, do you think that was the surprise your mum was going on about, the ring? Sounds nice, do you have a pic of all three together? And the heat over there sounds terrible. At least you have ac and a pool. That would make it a little easier to tolerate. New Years Eve party sounds great.

Nicky, glad to hear you had a great day.

Rebecca, wow at all the things xavier got. And the x man thing sounds like a wonderful idea. I would hate to see what my family would buy him as a keepsake, as they call him the mitchelon man after all his rolls, maybe a tyre or something lol

Hope everyone else had a wonderul day. I'm going down to my parents today to take the kids and their cousins to the beach. Charlize absolutely loves her cousin Paige, follows her around everywhere. I'm just glad she is a good kid and can tolerate her, unlike her brother who is a little turd, and threatens her because he gets jealous, he has some issues that boy. I just hope Jack doesn't learn off of him.

Anway enough crap from me today, have a great day everyone.

Oh one more thing, Charlize spent her first night in her bed last night, and she is still sleeping. I hope that continues every other night. She has had 3 day sleeps in it and I thought I'd try her in it last night, and so far so good. Can't wait to move the Cot into Jacks room, he has nearly out grown the port a cot in length, little bugger.

Boy are we Christmassed out. We've had about six Christmas celebrations in the last couple of weeks and I'm kinda glad it's over, my christmas spirit is pretty much used up and the house looks like a toy shop exploded. Autumn has been great at every get together, putting up with being handed around and not getting fussy. Mind you, she gets so happy when I give her time out to lay down and do some kicking/rolling on her own - the sounds she makes! I'm sure all the bubs have their excited voices, it's just so funny to hear.

I want what Flossie got! So jealous.

Sara, that's great that Kaetlyn got a toy box. I bought a plastic box to use but it no longer fits everything...and a real toybox would be so much nicer. Great idea to get bigger sized clothes too. As far as eating things go, I really like the heinz soft spoons. I have a little bowl with a lid for travelling (also heinz - it matches her cup and spoons, can't help myself) but other than that, I just use some ceramic dip bowls we already had as they are a good size for small amounts.

Mel, hasn't the weather been weird? At least it made all the travelling easy I guess, but it almost feels like winter is coming !? Good to hear Charlize is happy with her bed. lol at the tyre keepsake - Autie has been called michelin arms a few times too. where are your parents?

Hi Jem, wondered where you got to. How're the kids?

Oops, gotta go. Sounds like first naps is over and I didn't even do any housework - doh! Hi everyone I didn't get to -have a great day.

Sacha, so many toys!!! I'm glad you both had a great day. I love to match things for the kids as well, as it is so important hey . And I hear you about this weather. Very wierd, rather cold today aswell, don't know if we will go to the beach now, might still go but stay out of the water. My parents live at Victoria Point, not the best beach, but the kids love it, has a nice sandy beach and flat water. I just don't let them out far, as it is right in the middle of moreton bay, which is greatly known for its sharks eek!!! So only in the edges.

I forgot Sara about your question. I just use the 1st years take and toss spoons. They are a good size and you get about 10 in a packet, they change colour too when food is too hot. I used to have a container similiar to what Sacha said that holds the spoon, that I found really helpful as well. I just use little coloured containers I think they are the 1st years take and toss as well. You can re use them or throw them away, as the name suggests. I have used the same ones for about 6 months now with both kids. They come with lids and make great snack cups later on as well. But most of items are great. I just try to avoid big rounded spoons, as they don't fit in their mouths properely. Hope some of this helps.

V- I had been feeling around her mouth for hard bits (i really have no idea though)and could find any- i was looking for them at the end of the gums, not the front. I am not sure if it was Aarons Nan or cousin that found them, when you lift up her top lip, the gums at the froont are really white, like when you push on your skin and the pressure makes it go white IFYKWIM. She has been drooling heaps and also she will grab my/aarons finger, stick it in her mouth and chump away at it, like really biting hard on it. Other than that there have been no other signs. I thought that all the things were normal baby behaviour, but when you actually see the pressure of the teeth, thats when I realised it.
    Wow on the eternity ring. Hehehe, you got all three in one year!! Lucky you!

TYhanks for the info about bowls spoons, etc. I guess I will just get an assortment and see what works best for us. Ahh the learning curve!!

Hey guys. Just a quick one to mention a website with cheap clothes. I've bought things (too many things...) and am happy with the quality. It's called Bump Baby and Beyond. Has flat postage fee for up to 9kg I think.

So few posts lately - hope everyone is happy and healthy and it's just the busy time of year that's keeping everyone quiet.

Thanks Sacha, I've just made a few purchases myself. They have nice cheap stuff, could have gone crazy but thought I'd better just stick to essentials. Got some pj's for winder and a few sleeveless jumpsuits for Jack when it gets hotter. Thanks for sharing.

lol It's SO easy to go crazy that I was originally spending about $80! I got a hold of myself though and cut back before I actually committed. The long baby elephant pants are great for this in between weather, Autie wore hers today. I also bought pj's for winter - I got a size 0 in anticipation of having a one year old (gulp!) and they look quite long but I think they'll be good.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast