Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #12

Default Babies Born July 2007 #12

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in July 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread here

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Wow I have never been first. Dont have time to do a proper post yet but will BBL to say hi.

The only thing I will say is that I love red wine! It is my saviour at the end of the day. Just one glass just in case you were thinking oh no what do we have here!!

Just about to join you Jem. Sometimes I have two!!

You wouldn't believe it, it hasn't rained at night down at my mums place for weeks, and tonight we were going to take the kids to have a look at all the christmas lights, and it is pouring down, hasn't stopped since about 5 this arvo. I guess it's well needed, so won't complain much. Will have to take them back down next week.

Ah, red wine, haven't had one in such a long time.....

Took Oliver to get his photo with Santa today, so cute. He has been such an angel the past few days - which is good cause I've needed him to be. Still not feeling 100% but a good nights sleep might fix me up!

Goodnight all

Thanks for the advice re MIL!! I know she will abide by her rules, cause if she don;t she wont be looking after her for a very long time!!! I sound really protective of her, but well she is my precious bubba, and well, you are all mums now so you all KWIM!

My bb's are nearly full again, and KAetlyn has had her lsat feed for the day. MIght leave it for the morning, as they arent uncomfy, if they ebcome uncomfy overnight i will just express some more.

Well I am about to head to bed.
    Night night all.

Oh and my Aunty gave me some christmas presents to open on christmas day and they jingle!! its obviously Kaetlyns present People are telling me what they have brought her for christmas, and I keep saying, dont tell me I want it to be a surprise. they look at me weirdly as if the present is for me. Its close enough to be! Sounds weird i know!

hey everyone!!

Been a bit MIA but can you blame me??!! Wedding is only 3 days away and things are crazy hectic with going to the air port and getting nails and everything else done. Jason's grandparents flew in from NZ yesterday and they saw Avaleigh for the first time and they LOVE her. They want to babysit for us so we can have a night out, if we want to.

anyway, I am going to bed.. big day tomorrow - taking all the stuff to the venue and picking up my dress. YAY! I hope I havent lost too much weight. I will weigh myself in the morning but I have been eating lots of ice cream and chocolate! LOL

Hi everyone

V - wow, how exciting! Hope your wedding goes really well.

Sara - I know what you mean about wanting Kaetlyn's presents to be a surprise. I feel the same about Diana's.

Diana had her photo taken with Santa last Friday. She didn't cry, but didn't seem too impressed either, lol. It was more like she was complying for our amusement.

Diana has become really clingy and sooky recently. I am wondering where my happy baby has gone... Is anyone else experiencing this? She has also started waking about 2 times a night for a feed. Could it be a growth spurt?

Megan76 Guest

HI ALL!!

Well unfortunately i am back from Noosa! We had a great time and Lucas was such a good boy i am very proud of him....he even let the friends we were staying with pick him up YAY! I think he is very happy to be back in his own bed cos he is still asleep, how funny!! We had massive delays with both plane trips but he slept for both which was a god send!!

Haven't had time to read the last thread but i hope everyone is ace!

V - not long now, good luck!!

Hi there girls!!
    V- ooo how exciting! Good luck with your wedding if I don't see you in here before hand. I'm sure it will all go to plan, and be a dream

Zofia - funny you say about the waking, as Lach woke up every 4 hours last night.... drove me mad!!!
    Hopefully it's a better night tonight, as I am not very well at the moment.

Well, we are going to look at all the christmas lights on friday night. I am so excited at being able to take Lach to see them. Going to be so much fun!!

Nothing much to report here. oh except for this.
    We had our last mothers group for the year on tuesady. Went to one of the mum's houses.... brand new huge house with all this gorgeous furniture.... anyway, Lach slept for an hour and a half, after they all know how bad of a sleeper he has been (thank goodness for belly sleeping!), and anyway, when he woke up he had done a bit of a smelly one, so I picked him up and sat him on my white skirt.... next thing I know, he has leaked everywhere, onto my skirt onto this lovely brand new couch, all over his little christams outfit( he has 5 outfits anyway lol).
    I couldnt beleive it!!!! We got all the poop off everything... except my skirt which I had to soak when I got home.
    I had to wear a pooped on dress around for another 4 hours, before I went home

It didnt smell, just looked like I had spilled somehting on it. I scrubbed for ages to try and get it all out.

ah the joys of motherhood!!!!
    lol
    have a great day all!!!

xxoo nicky

Hi all

Nay, I think my myer does it too, but haven't got in there for a while to check it out, I will make an effort to get in there. However I did buy a plain ball from spotlight that I could decorate myself.

Lol jem and Mel you whino's you

Sara I wan't some surprises for me this christmas too. As they get older you need to share mainly with grandparents aunts and uncles so you don't double up, but this year the bubs don't care someone should be excited. I am buying xavier a present from us and not telling nathan what it is so he can be surprised at least.

V, Aaarggghhhh it's so close i'm getting very excited. We will all be thinking of you on Saturday, no doubt checking what the weather is going to be and crossing our fingers it's a fantastic day for you all. Good girl with the chocolate and icecream.

Zofia it might be a spurt, but I've also heard that lots of baby's get clingy around the 5-6 month mark because they suddenly realise they are their own person not an extension of mum and yet they still want to be close to mum. iykwim

Megan, welcome back, glad you all enjoyed your holiday

Nicki, you poor thing. I've been learning the hard way to change xavier right away to avoid leakage, yet we've only had it on the sheets in his bed. Nothing in public yet. at least they were all mummies. You need some nappy san, or at least some sard soap lol it's cheap and it lasts a while.

well little to report here, have xavier in his pram so I can finish posting. It seems that xavier has realised that it's now not getting dark until 9ish and refuses to go to bed any earlier now. then he woke before 5am, second time this week, just keeping me on my toes i guess.

Better go gotta get organised to go out for lunch.

bye

Well, Tom likes the taste of Wildberry icecream.. My niece came around and when i walked back into the room, they were on the couch while she was giving him licks of her icecream.. This child is never going to want to eat boring old rice cereal!

Who's babies are rolling? Tom can roll from front to back but not back to front and is getting super frustrated. He nearly snaps his neck off trying to get over but cant work out how to get past his shoulder. He is showing signs of mummy's temper because he gets really angry.

This is only a short one from me because we have had people thru the house all day and electrictians, so i am buggered. Going to lay on the couch while Tom is having a nap. Bye!

Hello all

Just wanted to jump on quickly and say good luck for the wedding V!! I am very excited for you and cant wait to see some photos. I know you will look beautiful. When do you leave for your honeymoon?

Will BBL for a read and post.

Jem

Hey everyone!!

I am soooooooo darn tired hey!! Jason has just left for his 3rd trip to the airport so I am planning to go to bed as soon as I put some washing away and I might just have a bowl of ice cream! I am a bit over all this running around and taking stuff to places, we took everything to the venue today so that is a major stress off my shoulders. I feel so sorry for Avaleigh because she is being pulled in and out of the car sooo many times! We were out for dinner tonight and got home at 8pm and I decided to give her her last feed and put her to bed about 1 hour early. I hope she doesnt wake up 1 hour early in the morning! I guess if I go to bed now then it will be ok.

Went for my final dress fitting today and my dress is beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeautiful!!! I absolutely love it and I cant wait to put it on again and have my hair and make up done. I am going to look stunning!!

I've got my hen's night tomorrow night and planning to take my camera with me, should be a lot of fun but first of all I have got to get through meeting Jason's dad for the first time. We are picking him up at 2.30 tomorrow arvo...

Jemima - theres no honeymoon for us unfortunately If we do go somewhere its going to be very last minute and probably to the Gold Coast. This time of year is tough cause Jason's company closes down for 4 weeks, would be a great time to go away but we just havent saved enough money. OH WELL! We are meant to be going away to the cook islands next year for a friends wedding so maybe we will go for a little while longer..

Em - Avaleigh is rolling from back to front a lot and jsut only done front to back a few times. Tom will get it soon!!

Zofia - Avaleigh has been kinda waking during the night, she kinda starts to cry and I go in to see her and her eyes are still closed so I guess her her dummy and she goes back to sleep again.

Hello to everyone else.

Well I am off to do my folding of washing and going to settle in for some ice cream before going to bed. I am loving not having a diet this week!

Smile

Nay ~ Good to hear from you. Hope you and your little man are doing well.

V ~ All the best for your wedding on Sunday. Glad all was well with the dress I can?t wait to see some pictures too.

Nicky ~ Lucas pee?d on me in the supermarket once, not quite the same as being poo'd all over though!

Megan ~ Glad to hear you had a great time away and that all went well with Lucas.

Rebecca ~ Lucas has been staying up later the last few nights too, but tonight he crashed out at 7pm and has just woken up for a feed at 4am, so I?m being kept on my toes here too! LOL at teaching Nathan about immunisations, DF definitely knows what its all about now after coming with us last time. With the first lot, a fill in nurse did the rotavirus then had both needles finished in a flash. Last time the regular nurse was back and she did the needles one at a time, waiting in between for him to stop crying, and then the rotavirus. It was so much worse. She said she liked to do it that way, but what about the poor baby?

Emma ~ Lucas has only gone from front to back and the first time was in front of my parents as well as me and DF too which was great.

Jessikah ~ Hope you are recovering from your flu. None of us have had one since bringing the baby home, probably speaking too soon and I?ll be back next week saying we all have one! I like how Ethan?s ticker is in weeks, that would be handy as I almost couldn?t remember whether Lucas was 19 or 20 weeks this week. He is 20 though! Good news about your nanna too.

Sacha ~ How is Autie? She is getting big! I was thinking of trying Lucas with a sippy cup, how is she going with it?

Mel ~ Hope the studying is going well. How is your foot now? I love the kids santa picture, we still need to get Lucas? done.

Lots of love to everyone!

All is well here. Does anyone else feel not at all prepared for xmas? The tree is up but it's pretty bare underneath!

Lucas is loving his solids. I have been feeding him at teatime with us and he has finished off a whole pumpkin. I bought a kilo of organic zucchini and whizzed that up and he tucked into it when it was nice and freshly made, to my surprise. The first couple of mouthfulls last night were greeted with a very funny face though, so not his favourite but will be a good mixer veg though.

hi all,

em, lol at the wildberry ice cream. You might hit a snag with the boring rice cereal.

awww, can't finish posting senior crankypants is back in town!!!

Hi girls - been so busy with getting ready for Christmas and catching up with people before Christmas, that I haven't even popped on here to catch up!

Don't have much time this morning either - just wanted to check which one of you has requested being in our facebook group (requested yesterday)

Thanks!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SILLY JASON!!!

Right now Jason is floating out in the middle of the ocean (well no not really, only a few miles off shore) on his boat with some mates waiting for the coast guard to come and pick them up!!! Turns out that they didnt have enough petrol in there tank and only realised when they went to leave. What a tool huh!! Ive told him that there is no way that he is going out on the boat tomorrow with his dad lol they can go out after they wedding!!

Silly man...

PMSL

Anyways, better go and finish my hair. DOnt think we are pickng up his dad any more cause Jason wont be home in time..

Hi ladies

Veronica I just wanted to wish you all the best for sunday!! Im so excited for you. You will be absolutely beautiful and im sure the day will turn out just as you planned. Cant wait to see some photo's! Oh and definately keep Jason off the boat!

I will try to come back and do some personals later but ethan has just gone to sleep and i have a huuuuggge mess to clean up.....I wrapped christmas presents last night but there is so much paper and stuff on the floor you would think it was christmas morning lol!! And my cheeky little nephew busted a bag of coconut all over the floor about 10 minutes ago and my cats thought it was christmas lol and have spread it every where I had to laugh though at the look of shock on his little face

BBL

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast