Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #13

Man it's muggy here today I'm curious to know what you're all doing routine wise now we're at the six month mark if you can be bothered.

Megan76 Guest

Sacha - i dont have a major routine but our day looks a bit like this....

7- 7.30 - wake & bottle

half hour later - cereal

After about an hour and a half wake time bed - sleeps anywhere from half hour to hour and a half

bottle between 11- 11.30

bed again after about hour and a half to two hours.......same period of sleep (who knows!!)

another bottle around 3 - 3.30, then another sleep, usually the shortest of the day

vegies between 5.30 - 6

then bath/shower

last bottle at 7pm and straight to bed usually by 7.30

Probably not useful cos his sleep is so erratic i cant have regular sleep times. The rest of the time in between is play time of course!! I must say the whole food/shower/bottle/bed part of the routine is working a treat as he is brilliant at night, and sleeps 12-13 hours!! I cross my fingers teething doesn't throw it out the window! I saw the maternal nurse yesterday and she said i can do food beore bottle and give him lunch as well so the whole routine will be changing again!

Hope this helps!!

hi everyone Ive started solids too and it seems that when he has solids in the evening- at about 6.30- he wakes up more at night instead of just once he woke up 4 times in one night twice for feeds and twice I just settled him back down. Ive only given him carrot so do you think that is what it is? Im going to try sweet potato tonight and see how I go. Does anyone else have this problem? He doesn't seem uncomfortable when he wakes...hes just awake
    Sascha i don't have a routine generally I just go with whatever DS wants to do
    A friend of mine said to give DS a milk arowroot (i know thats not how you spell it but I can't figure it out ) has anyone else tried this... should I wait untill he has thicker solids? I worry he will choke!
    Thanks guys
    Take care
    xox

Hey Guys!!

My routine is like this..

7am wake up and feed straight away

we then go for a walk with the dogs and if I am lucky, she will sleep then. We are then at the gym at 9am so she doesnt really sleep! Is normally asleep on the way home and if I am lucky (like today) She will sleep when we get home at 10.30

11am milk and then some pureed fruit

we have a play after that and I try to get Avaleigh in bed by 1pm so she can have a sleep before next feed, doesnt always happen tho!

2pm milk

play and then try to get some sleep in before next feed

5pm vegies and milk

7.30pm bath

7.45-8pm feed and then straight in to bed by 8.30pm

I would like to get Avaleigh into bed earlier than 8.30pm but cause I go to the gym about 3 times in the evening its a bit difficult cause I have no milk on hand for Jason.

Are most babies really happy to go to bed in the middle of the day? Avaleigh hates it. She will cry and cry even though she is tired. I have needed to rock her to sleep the last few days..

Nay - hmmm @ the arowroot biscuit! I wouldnt give Avaleigh something like that at this age but I guess every one is different. I have been giving Avaleigh a peice of apple and she does bite chunks out but she normally spits them out cause she doesnt quite know what to do yet. How much vegies do you give and do you give milk too? I give Avaleigh quite a feed for her dinner feed. Probably more than what I should be she eats it all!! And Avaleigh wakes during the night, not for a feed tho. Its normally around 4 or 5am and she has wedged herself up in the corner of her cot! So I need to go in there and pull her back down. Its soooooooo annying and if I dont go in I can hear her whimpering on the baby monitor.
    Last edited by Ngala; January 15th, 2008 at 05:45 PM.

Well ladies, back in Brissy. Not a good trip home. DH and I had a big fight. Still not talking, he had another go at me twice today, so I'm not really interested in trying to talk to him anymore. I'm so tired on his moods towards me and the kids, especially since he has been back from Japan. So tempted to leave for a few days. Maybe, I need to see my Doc about depression, and maybe I need to get physical again, to get my indorphines pumping again. Or maybe he is just a a55hole . Anyway, apart from that we had a good time in Sydney. It was great to family again.

I plan on reading back what has been going on since I have been away, until then, take care all. And remember don't take crap from anyone .

xx

Hi all,

Tracey that is really crazy that Zy is waking at 3 am because xavier has been doing that almost like clockwork the last few days. Yay for a week off, and great working hours too.

Sascha we have little to no routine. But it's kinda like this
    wake/feed around 7am

Go to childcare by 8.30

This part of the day is hit and miss but he feeds approx 4 hourly and hardly sleeps for them but on weekends I only keep him awake for about 2 hours at a time

Pick up from child care at 5.30
    come home, either have baby rice or boobie around 5.30 6 depending on last time he ate at cc, sometimes they get switched around.
    rice is always followed by a shower or bath as we all get sticky then we have some quite time cuddles and off to bed hopefully by about 7-730.

I then dream feed him at around 9.30-10pm in the vain hope of getting a good nights sleep yet at the moment it doesn't seem to matter what I do he wakes at 3am for a feed.

Nay I would hold off on the biscuits as long as you can. bubs love the milk arrowroot and marie biscuits and I know they have kept my sister sane on many an occasion but I say wait until it's your last resort 'cause the do still have sugar in them. Besides one day you will turn your back and nana will probably have already handed one over without your consent.

V, how many times do you go to the gym?? did I count right 4 times a day. Slow down!!

Well we do nothing exciting here, Xavier is still happy to have some baby rice each night. We won't be switching to vegies until he hits 6 months and will merge into the multiple meals per day slowly. I have to say starting solids would be a whole lot easier if I wasn't working. I'm so tired by the end of work and he's grizzly it's quite exhausting. Mum suggested asking them to give him some at child care in the arvos but I wan't to wait until we have something more established, otherwise it will be difficult for me to know what he likes. Once he is on 2 meals a day I will probably tell them that if he seems unsatisfied at lunch when the other kids are eating he can have some apple or something that he would have already tried.

Well gotta go and start the never ending prep for tomorrow. I'm already doing the can't wait till the weekend countdowns.

Megan76 Guest

Oh Mel, i hope you're ok! XX

Hugs Mel. Hope you and your DH work things out. Its so frustrating when men acts like kids, isn't it?

Rebecca - I hope you're not getting too exhausted being back at work full time. Must be hard for you. I had an interview yesterday for a 3 day a week job, and even though the job sounds fantastic I almost hope that I don't get it, as I don't like the idea of being away from Diana for so long. I guess I'll cross that bridge if and when I come to it. The extra money would be good though.

RE routine - we don't really have one. Diana is demand fed and not the best day sleeper, but here goes:

about 5:30am - dream feed
    about 7:30 - 8:00am - wake up, another breasfeed
    playtime
    about 11:00am - pureed fruit
    playtime
    about 11:30am - breastfeed
    1 hour sleep (if we're lucky)
    about 2:00pm - breastfeed
    playtime
    about 5:00pm - solids - fruit or veg
    playtime or nap
    6:00pm - breastfeed
    6:30pm - bath
    playtime
    breastfeed
    about 8:30pm - sleep
    about 11pm - 12am - dreamfeed

LOL Rebecca.. I guess I worded that wrong! I got to the gym 3 times during the week in the evenings. So I go Monday, Tuiesday and Wednesday evening. I do go during the day too on those days hehe nothing else to do!!

Bec, I am guessing it's just a milestone/growth spurt.. Although if Sumo keeps having growth spurts he'll have to carry me around!
    I only give Zy some stewed fruit around 10/11ish & then some farex & pureed veg at about 7pm...
    It hasnt helped him go back to sleeping thorugh, but he's a pig & would have been feeding 10 times a day...
    Last night however he fed at 8:30 & went to bed & woke at about 5am for a dummy & went back to sleep... I can handle that!

OOOOh mel, I hope all smoothes over with your Dh soon!

I dont have a routine, I demand feed & he demands alot!
    Maybe next week once I am back at work I will get into some routine more so?!

Hi ladies

hope you and you bubba's are all well. Just popping in quickly on my way to bed.
    Im sooo over packing!!! I want a magic wand

Ethan had his needles today and has been feverish since an hour after, and has a slight rash where he had them, it didnt happen last time though.

Mel my DH has just left to go back to work, we had a huge fight too and didnt talk for awhile, maybe we should disappear some where together,(a luxury island with lots of wine! lol) Hope things get better hun.

OK i will try to pop in for some personals tomorrow but for now im off to bed.

Goodnight

Smile

Hope everyone has been well, I've been trying to catch up by reading more than writing lately! Sacha, our day is something like

8am - wake feed (bottle) back to bed
    10.00 - wake feed bath play+nap etc throughout day
    5pm - vegie dinner+drink milk or water
    7-8pm - feed+bed

Nay, arrowroot biccy's sound nice. Maybe your friend meant just to suck on though and you would need to watch him. What is Linkolns corrected age now?

Seems like a few mums are back to work. I'm back to uni this year and looking forward to it as it's my last year. Have been recommended by a friend for a part time position at a highschool, but I dont think I'll be looking at working until next year. I can't bear the thought of not being there for DS just yet, and besides the job was at my old highschool and I couldnt wait to get out of there, so wont be rushing back anytime soon...LOL

Jessikah, just name that island and I'll be there.

August Moon Mum - how are you finding Lucas only having 4 meals a day? I'm thinking of maybe slowly dropping Avaleigh's 2pm feed as she doesnt really feed much at this time. At the moment I am just giving her some to keep her going until her dinner time.

Mel - I hope that things with your DH are OK. I hate fighting with Jason. We dont have arguements too often, if we do, we get over them fairly quickly.

Jessikah - I hope that Ethan is better today after his shots. Its strange how he got this reaction this time and not the other times.

My femail dog isnt too happy with me this morning!! I normally go for a slow walk with the two walks and then leave the male at home (he has arthritis) and then me and the female go out for a run but last night I walked into Jason's dive bag and I really really hurt my toes. They are all black and blue and swollen So I only took them out for a small slow walk and now the female is whinging and doesnt understand why we cant go out again!

I've got a friends fancy dress party next weekend. We're not too sure what to go as but are thinking at the moment to go as Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter. Or we might got as pirates.. I am going to call up a fancy dress store and see if they have a mad hatter costume, if not, its pirates!! Should be a bit of fun. Not su re whether to bring Avaleigh or leave her with mum. We will probably bring her with us..

Avaleigh has woken up at 6am the past few mornings, but thats alright cause I am awake then anyways. I think maybe next time she wakes that early I will feed her and go for a walk and then have breakfast afterwards so then maybe she will sleep for a little while before the gym. I have her in bed at the moment trying to get her to sleep but she is more interested in tying to crawl!

Hi girls! Well i am back and there is so much to catch up on. First of all, i would like to say Jess and Mel can i come to the island too? It sounds lovely!

Moving went well - really really hate unpacking but love the new house. It has a big entertaining area so lots of bbq's for us lately which has given me a break from cooking. we just got back from a family holiday (by family i mean ALL the rellies - about 20 adults and 10 kids - madness) at a holiday house in Queenscliff. It was really fun. I think i wrecked my pram by taking T for walks along the beach in it - lots of sand in the brake. I took him swimming but he didnt really get what was going on!

We have a strange couple of weeks with Tom - he has been really unsettled. I think its got a lot to do with moving house and DH being home, plus christmas and our holiday. Going to spend the next few weeks trying to get things back in order. It sounds like a few of the bubs are going thru this - maybe its a bit of thing around this age.

Tom still hates hates hates food . It is battle everyday to try and get some into him. I have tried every food known to man - freshly made with mummy's tender loving care and the tinned stuff. Hates both. He also wants to do it himself so i let him hold the spoon, but we really arent getting anywhere with it. He knows what to do because my sister fed him spaghetti sauce while we were on holidays. She called me in and said look what he is doing. He was opening his mouth and wnating more off her. Anything else he just clamps his lips shut and turns his head. The only thing i have had luck with is putting fruit, like watermelon and pear, into his fresh-food feeder and he just goes crazy for it. But he still wont eat pear or watermelon off the spoon.. Today i thinking i might put a half-thawed cube of mashed pumpkin that i have made into it and see if he will suck it out and get the taste for it.. Cant hurt i guess. Nothing else has worked! I am really jealous of all you girls talking about 3 meals a day etc!

We have got our 6 month check up today (6 months tomorrow) so i am really interested to see how much he has grown. Be back later to let you know how we went!

Oh by the way on the subject of the Milk Arrowroot biccies - i asked my sister and she said she used them instead of teething rusks as her kids didnt seem to like rusks and found the biscuit easier to hold. They dont really crumble and the baby can just suck on them. I gave T one yesterday and he had a good suck on it. His teeth have been bothering him lately. I just wish they would come thru!
    Last edited by mrscricket; January 16th, 2008 at 09:30 AM.

I think the Milk arrowroot/teething rusk thing is similar however a biscuit is full of fat & sugar a teething rusk isnt!!!

So I'd stick to the teething rusk for now they got plenty of years for sugars & fats!?

Enchanted Guest

I have been giving Oscar teething rusks.... only to "gnaw" on though because of his teeth... maybe given them a try?!? They're cheap too!

Ok... I have a question about starting solids! I started Oscar yesterday on Farex and I just mix it with some of his bottle. He knows how to swallow (he has swallowed his Farex a number of times) but most of the time he just turns his head!! I am just wondering how long did it take your bubs to "get used to it". I know it is not going to happen over night but I guess I am just looking for an indication!

BBL for personals

Megan76 Guest

Um not sure who asked what but i will try answer some stuff...

- Lucas loves rusks, they keep him entertained and help with teething i think, he never gets any big bits they just go mushy and cause a big MESS

- I didn't start him on solids till 6 months and he just got straight into it....he definately lets me know when he is done though! The little bugger has a mouthful of food then sucks on his high chair and again it causes a big MESS

- He is only on 4 bottles and 2 solids and even the 4 bottles atm is a battle, thinking of dropping one but not really sure how it will work. The health nurse said they only need 600-700mls per day

Em - good to have you back! i am sure Tom is just unsettled from the move and the busy time you have had! What a bummer about the food, i bet you one day he will just click and go hey this isn't too bad after all!

Lucas is 8.5 kgs now the porker!

Just a question, how much sleep is everyone getting out of their cherubs during the day??

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast